• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation: Congratulations! You've been selected to give us money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBooper

I got this email today, wonder if it was widespread. Not sure what to do with it. I'm not really looking for a PS5 right now, but don't know if I want the hassle of Ebaying something that big.

6iwcSSz.png

I also go this 'invitation' today. Is it a scam? Am I about to give somebody my credit card info along with my Playstation id?
Would be nice to be able to play the new Ratchet and Clank.
Why can't I just sign in with Playstation network instead of some email link? Thats shady as S***.

Gamerguy84

I also go this 'invitation' today. Is it a scam? Am I about to give somebody my credit card info along with my Playstation id?
Would be nice to be able to play the new Ratchet and Clank.
Why can't I just sign in with Playstation network instead of some email link? Thats shady as S***.

For whatever it's worth.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I got one of those a few weeks ago in the last batch. Not this time though. I'm not sure why I was selected last time since I bought my PS5 through them already back in November.

DeaDPo0L84

I made a thread about this awhile back. Yes it's legit, it's specifically tied to your PSN ID, there's no special tactics to get the email outside of being subscribed to the newsletter. The only stipulation is you have to be available to purchase within the designated time frame specified in the email.

Kilau

Gold Member
Is playing an alternate reality Lombax worth it? I might need an Alternate reality playstation ID to risk it.
There is nothing to risk. PS direct is the official store for physical items from PlayStation. You have to have a PSN ID to use the link and it's tied to your PSN ID so it wouldn't work with another account anyway. Your account info is staying with Sony so it's as "safe" as ever in their in hands.

Not sure why OP is mocking this lol it's how I was able to preorder one last September.

Nearly a year later and people are still struggling to get this machine to spend $70 on average games.

Last edited:

Tschumi

I get ur point and I tend to agree but I guess considering how hard it is to get these things from non-scalper sources i can understand why this would be a big deal to a superfan

Quasicat

I got that email in May. I was at work and logged on only to find that all they had were the disc version. I’m completely digital and to be honest, I really didn’t have the money anyway with us down to a single income. I suppose it was for the best, but if they had the $400 one, I would be playing it right now.

Gamerguy84

I got one during preorder and couldn't order. Got one last round but I already own 2 and don't need to scalp them.

Good luck everyone hope those emails work out for you.

I got this email today, wonder if it was widespread. Not sure what to do with it. I'm not really looking for a PS5 right now, but don't know if I want the hassle of Ebaying something that big.

6iwcSSz.png

If I got this shit, randomly. I'd be with 499.99 + tax, etc less money.

Edit: Fucking cunts.

Last edited:
Get on my Jim Ryan wiener-oiling level, you peasants.

afhQcpD.jpg

It's been almost a year since I got my PS5(that's collecting dust) that some of the images and bullet points don't even load properly

zeorhymer

I've gotten them multiple times. And they were all sold out when I clicked the link. I hate the "chance" to order one kind of emails.

I got the inv last event. Didn't bother as I have my day one ps5.

The next day after the inv expired my best man's wife changed her mind and allow him to buy one. I was so pissed I didn't grab it when I can because I have been struggling following the restock tracking Twitter to get one for him for almost 3 weeks now.

I didn't get inv this time, but hopefully there's gonna be a open session after the inv batch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom