• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation E3 Experience 2017: Live in Theaters June 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinc

So wait, people who got tickets are guaranteed a seat now unless they don't show up at least 30 minutes early?

Imagine if this theater event WAS in other countries. GoFoBo would be eviscerated, not just go missing / sent back in time.

3285377.gif

schaft0620

So wait, people who got tickets are guaranteed a seat now unless they don't show up at least 30 minutes early?

That is the way it has always been, the show technically starts at 8pm, they will have 2 lines one for with tickets and one for without. In my case in CT everyone has always gotten in but once they start letting people in and the ticket line is empty they start with the non-ticket line and by 9pm they stop letting people in the theater ticket or not.

Damn. Thanks. I don't think I can make it to mine. I'd have to take off two days to get the closest one

and this is why they do that.

What city?

Columbia, SC

I'm really sorry your theater is full man, seriously. But I will say... this thread is on 95 pages, up from the single digits just a couple days ago. RefreshGAF has been updating it nearly constantly and there has hardly been a minute where it wasn't somewhere on the front page. If you weren't popping in occasionally to check the status of the ticket sign-ups, I don't know what to tell you.

It was exceptionally shitty this year -- exceptionally -- but there were three times people were able to get tickets: shortly after it went live two days ago, later that night around 8pm PST, and yesterday at 1:30pm PST through a long time after that (some theaters still have tickets today). Sony posted on their official Twitter two nights ago that they would be giving updated instructions on how to get tickets "tomorrow" (yesterday) after the botched launch so people knew to be ready and alert. Then they posted on Twitter again yesterday midday and updated the PS Blog post with the time they'd be reopening the ticket signups (1:30pm PST). At this point, the thread was so active it never left the top of the front page until shortly after most people in the thread had gotten their tickets and the most dedicated among us migrated to Discord (since we bonded so much through this experience).

Again, I'm sorry you didn't get tickets and Gofobo certainly botched the rollout, but there was ample opportunity to secure yourself a pair if you were actually looking out for it.

Oh I'm not whining. Just simply stating it was bullshit. I was ready for the initial time that tix were supposed to be given out and the site crashed. I didn't have time to refresh for the next 24 hours. So, yeah, I missed it. I'm just saying this was way worse than last year. But hey, between YouTube, Twitch, and other live blogs I'll manage. I figured they would have their ducks in a row this yeah. I was wrong.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Looks like I'll be hoping the wait list opens up. They really dropped the ball this year.

Vinc

That is the way it has always been, the show technically starts at 8pm, they will have 2 lines one for with tickets and one for without. In my case in CT everyone has always gotten in but once they start letting people in and the ticket line is empty they start with the non-ticket line and by 9pm they stop letting people in the theater ticket or not.

I don't think it was always the case, they updated the PS Blog article and crossed out the text saying no seats were guaranteed. Now it looks like it's back to how it was in previous years.

I accidentally got 2 extra tickets for Columbus, OH (on a separate account when I was refresh crazy) - anyone wanna get ready to grab them when I release/delete mine? PM me and I can align a time to do so!

Lee

I accidentally got 2 extra tickets for Columbus, OH (on a separate account when I was refresh crazy) - anyone wanna get ready to grab them when I release/delete mine? PM me and I can align a time to do so!

They should go to whoever is first on the waiting list through GoFoYourself.

Any one going to the Jax one ?

Im actually in jax and only just seeing this thread,ill have to check to see if there are any tickets left,but judging by some replies maybe not.

Also,off topic but f'n LOL at the vid in your tag, never seen it before. And some of the comments are gold.

Lady Gaia

The presented claim is that they'll be checking ID which must match the account that reserved the tickets. Obviously when registering for two your companion can be anyone, but supposedly the primary will be required to be the person who reserved the seats.

They should go to whoever is first on the waiting list through GoFoYourself.

Don't think the waitlist actually functions, because I was on it for Union Square and received no notification when tickets reopened yesterday. Just ended up getting them by refreshing and signing up.

So I'm a little confused. Do I qualify for Refresh GAF? I spent basically from the initial start time to the actual 4:30 start time yesterday refreshing almost constantly. I'd love to be part of this...elite prestigious group. 😀

The presented claim is that they'll be checking ID which must match the account that reserved the tickets. Obviously when registering for two your companion can be anyone, but supposedly the primary will be required to be the person who reserved the seats.

Right, which is why i would cancel 1 of my pair of tix. Freeing up 2 "reservations" for someone else to take.

Blam

Could someone refreshgaf my avatar as well, just give me a small refresh icon in the bottom left or right. If not I'll probably just make it look like my avatar has a refreshgaf tattoo.

Magnus

Once this shit all actually started working, tickets seemed to sell out everywhere instantly. Refreshing did nothing, like it did last two years with Eventbrite - this Gofobo system didn't seem to keep tickets suspended, making refreshing a viable tactic to random pairs of tickets randomly opening up.

canovast

Neo Member
After 9 hours trying to get a ticket, I'm just on the waiting list -_-
I even sent a messag to Gofobo and to Playstation (through Twitter)
Does anyone have an extra ticket (or a pair) for Montreal, please ?
I can't believe that I won't be able to assist to the show this year...

schaft0620

I don't think it was always the case, they updated the PS Blog article and crossed out the text saying no seats were guaranteed. Now it looks like it's back to how it was in previous years.

I have gone every year, I have been right there.

EDIT:

However, if they are implementing a new policy and not letting anyone in that doesn't have a ticket that is new and I would not be surprised.

Trace

Banned
Could someone refreshgaf my avatar as well, just give me a small refresh icon in the bottom left or right. If not I'll probably just make it look like my avatar has a refreshgaf tattoo.

YRxf7Nq.png

9LTZO9L.png

Made two of them depending on how big you wanted it.

Last year was my first year. I wish it was in Waterbury again but oh well. You in this year?

My question is, what's the start time we're supposed to be using as a measure here? The show technically starts at 8 CT, but they always advertise it as starting at 7 CT. Do I need to be pulling up at 6:30, or 7:30?

I'm trying to figure out timing with my friends
We should all be able to head over around 6 when we finish work. It takes an hour to get there from we are so we would probably get there by 7. That should be enough time before the show starts at 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom