• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Experience 2015 Thread: The Year of Dreams

RK128

The first party situation is a lot better going forward as many studios are ready to release games.

The released first party titles on PS4 include:
-Knack (Studio Japan)
-Killzone Shadow Fall (Guerrilla Games)
-Infamous Second Son (Sucker Punch)
-MLB The Show 2014
-Last of Us Remastered (Naughty Dog)
-LittleBigPlanet 3 (Sumo Digital/MM)
-DriveClub (Evolution Studios)
-Infamous First Light (Sucker Punch)
-The Order 1886 (Santa Monica Studios & Ready At Dawn)
-Bloodborn (Studio Japan & From Software)
-Tearaway Unfolded (Tarsier Studios & MM)
-Until Dawn (Supermassive Games)
-Uncharted Collection (Bluepoint/Naughty Dog)
-Bloodborn DLC & DriveClub Bikes

Quite a few first party games are released and that isn't even counting the indie projects Sony helped out with:
-Ports: Sound Shapes, Journey, Flow, Flower, Unfinished Swan
-Original Projects: Intwined, Resogun
*I'm at a blank right now about other Sony Indie projects, so feel free to edit them in*

The upcoming big games from Sony are a lot as well
-Gravity Rush Remastered (Bluepoint/Studio Japan)
-Uncharted 4 (Naughty Dog)
-Street Fighter V (Capcom/Dimps - Sony is funding project)
-MLB The Show 2016
-Ratchet and Clank (Insomniac Games)
-Heavy Rain Remastered
-PS VR Projects
-Dreams (MM)
-Gravity Rush 2 (Studio Japan)
-The Last Guardian (Studio Japan/Team Ico)
-Horizon Zero Dawn (Guerrilla Games)

Next year is packed with releases from Sony's studios and we still have more projects we don't know about or are heavily rumored :D.
-Santa Monica Studios: God of War IV is coming after their original IP got scrapped; likely an E3 announcement and releasing in March 2017 (like most GOW games do)
-Sucker Punch: Got more people and finished both Second Son and First Light a while ago. Could be working on another Infamous game, new IP or (I think at least) a Spider-Man game to tie into the upcoming film for 2017; Sony DOES have the film rights to Spider-Man after all :).
-Insomniac: Likely working on another Sony exclusive after Ratchet comes out and will likely be a PSX announcement. Could be anything but the heavily rumored Crash title, another Ratchet or working on an older IP of Sony's could happen
-Sanzaru Games: Finished work on Sly 4 years ago and released a few titles last year (two Vita collections and Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal). Could be the devs making the rumored Crash game or making a Sly game to tie into the upcoming film ala what Insomniac did with Ratchet PS4.
-Sony Bend: Finished work on Vita projects in 2012 and their other Vita pitches were scrapped. Now working on a new IP and it went into full production Jan. 2015. Likely getting their game announced at E3 2016 or Paris Games Week 2016.

Got to try PSVR for the first time Saturday. Some indie game called Gnog and another called Loading Human. Was seriously underwhelmed. Like I was so hyped for VR and I was so disappointed. Didn't feel presence at all. My buddy said it wasn't much better than Cardboard.

Then we got to try a couple games at the PSVR demo booth. OMFG! What a difference a more polished experience is. My first demo was Playroom VR. Very simple game of cat-and-mouse where the headset wearer is a cat that just moves its head back and forth trying to catch mice that are controlled by other players with DS4s. Very simple but the presence was mindblowing, and the graphics were very acceptable. I was looking around the pantry like, "Holy fuck! I'm really in this pantry!" I was reaching out trying to touch things. And it was a blast for both the headset wearer and DS4 players. I can see a simple game like this being the hook that draws casuals in at parties like Wii Sports bowling. It only takes one killer hit to create viral hype.

The second game I played was called Headmaster. Another very simple game where the only controls are your head movement. Soccer balls are launched your way and you attempt headers at set targets. But the feeling of being on the soccer field was convincing.

My buddy tried out Eve Valkyrie and Battlezone and was similarly blown away. He was initially speechless and couldn't describe it at first. We bother geeked out over PSVR on the drive home. We're both going to be VR evangelists to friends and family now. Can't wait for launch!

We both agreed the on stage demos/footage of VR games didn't do VR any favors. You really do have to try it for yourself. Some people say that's what will keep VR from getting big, but the Wii phenomenon shows it can be done.

barit

Just realised that there are tons of games that didn't get any screentime at the keynote but being showed right now on the smaller panels. It's almost overwhelming when you see all the games that are coming next year. Like serious I don't know how a normal human being can play all these games in a proper timeframe. It's mind-boggling and you can definitely say that this generation is now in full swing.

Marow

Bumping this because I haven't been able to get the following out of my head and got no other place to post it:

148IR1L.png

Has anyone figured out what shirt Cliffy B is wearing?

eXMomoj

Any new Horizon Zero Dawn gameplay or information - release date? Guerrilla Games was supposed to be at the event, weren't they?

Google didn't bring anything up for me.

Got to try PSVR for the first time Saturday. Some indie game called Gnog and another called Loading Human. Was seriously underwhelmed. Like I was so hyped for VR and I was so disappointed. Didn't feel presence at all. My buddy said it wasn't much better than Cardboard.

Then we got to try a couple games at the PSVR demo booth. OMFG! What a difference a more polished experience is. My first demo was Playroom VR. Very simple game of cat-and-mouse where the headset wearer is a cat that just moves its head back and forth trying to catch mice that are controlled by other players with DS4s. Very simple but the presence was mindblowing, and the graphics were very acceptable. I was looking around the pantry like, "Holy fuck! I'm really in this pantry!" I was reaching out trying to touch things. And it was a blast for both the headset wearer and DS4 players. I can see a simple game like this being the hook that draws casuals in at parties like Wii Sports bowling. It only takes one killer hit to create viral hype.

The second game I played was called Headmaster. Another very simple game where the only controls are your head movement. Soccer balls are launched your way and you attempt headers at set targets. But the feeling of being on the soccer field was convincing.

My buddy tried out Eve Valkyrie and Battlezone and was similarly blown away. He was initially speechless and couldn't describe it at first. We bother geeked out over PSVR on the drive home. We're both going to be VR evangelists to friends and family now. Can't wait for launch!

We both agreed the on stage demos/footage of VR games didn't do VR any favors. You really do have to try it for yourself. Some people say that's what will keep VR from getting big, but the Wii phenomenon shows it can be done.

I was unimpressed with Eve Valkyrie, and the game they let me play at the PSVR Demo Booth that you RSVP for was absolutely dogshit that I don't even know why they brought to a conference full of hardcore gamers (you sit in an office and make coffee, click buttons on your computer, and whatever else). I'm buying PSVR on day 1 anyway because, idk, I have the money I and I think it will be cool. But goddamn if I wasn't disappointed as hell in what I saw yesterday.

Lingitiz

I was at the press conference and I still find it weird when the crowd erupts in applause for exclusive timed DLC announcements, season passes, and other weird anticonsumer shit like that.

The whole Black Ops section and Battleborne timed DLC stuff was just odd, and everyone just starts wooing and cheering like "YEAHHH fuck those other guys...for 30 days!". Strange.

krae_man

I was at the press conference and I still find it weird when the crowd erupts in applause for exclusive timed DLC announcements, season passes, and other weird anticonsumer shit like that.

The whole Black Ops section and Battleborne timed DLC stuff was just odd, and everyone just starts wooing and cheering like "YEAHHH fuck those other guys...for 30 days!". Strange.

What are you talking about, nobody said shit for black ops. We were all like shut up and get to the fireworks factory! It barely got pity applause.

Lingitiz

What are you talking about, nobody said shit for black ops. We were all like shut up and get to the fireworks factory! It barely got pity applause.

Nah there were definitely people at least in my section really strangely happy for that stuff, especially after they showed that esports trailer. The Battleborn one was really weird though...on top of the game looking bad and Randy Pitchford being an untrustworthy guy, there were cheers for the early access PS4 beta.

The other one was the "preorder the SF5 season pass now." Idk, maybe it was just a few overexcited people around me.

Question for those that used the check in process at PSX. Did you get credit for all of your scans? I am still missing a lot of mine and I don't know even who to contact about this issue. Do you contact Sony or Guidebook?

kng3025

Question for those that used the check in process at PSX. Did you get credit for all of your scans? I am still missing a lot of mine and I don't know even who to contact about this issue. Do you contact Sony or Guidebook?

I didn't get credit for all of my scans and was also wondering who to contact. I have all the requirements for the $10 voucher but it only says that I've done two out of the three. I noticed some of the rewards that weren't working for me prior to yesterday were working today, so I'm wondering if it's just slow to update.

Was a pretty fine event. They still need first party announcements for 2016/2017 and I assume we get SSM and Bent next year, while Sucker Punch and something else will get announced 2017. They can't really afford to announce nothing first party wise an entire year long, which would happen if those 3 already blew their load. Most of WWS is busy and accounted for.

jon_dojah

Banned
I didn't get credit for all of my scans and was also wondering who to contact. I have all the requirements for the $10 voucher but it only says that I've done two out of the three. I noticed some of the rewards that weren't working for me prior to yesterday were working today, so I'm wondering if it's just slow to update.

The third requirement was to get a scan at the PSN booth that was located at the very back of the 1st floor showroom. They closed that room around 6pm (got mine around 5pm) and I had a friend who found out about it after that.

Also they ran out of the rewards cards early Sunday and I wasn't able to get any. Ran into a guy who had several Street Fighter cards and said he was getting doubles/triples by going back to same booths over and over (no wonder they ran out).

Finally watched the keynote and caught up on all the news. That was really damn great. A crap ton of new games and a more footage of already announced games. Good stuff. The only negatives for me are Battleborn (because I have no interest in it) and the initial VR demo with them throwing the disc. Everything else was ace, in my opinion. I'd be out of a whole lot of money if I could afford everything I want that was shown here, and I want damn near everything shown.

monodlee

Battleborn is getting alot of hate...

I was completely disinterested in it too, but once i got hands on, it was really fun. It feels like a natural evolution from borderlands. Naturally, if you don't like fps's, this game probably won't change your mind.

Do you need games to be exclusive to enjoy them?

Every game they talked about is coming to the PS4. That's what matters. "Hey, this cool game is coming here, nice".

Who cares if it's out on other stuff? Is the game worth more because only you can play it?

The obsession for exclusives is just sad. The more people enjoy games the better.

I totally agree with you. I think the problem some people have is that Sony was renowned for incredible exclusives. More than any other company, as far as Aaa disk releases. They seem to have the least, with the most third party deals. Timed exclusive etc. Maybe it's not what they expected?

I think it's fine personally. Let more people play the great games

etta

my hard graphic balls
Do you need games to be exclusive to enjoy them?

Every game they talked about is coming to the PS4. That's what matters. "Hey, this cool game is coming here, nice".

Who cares if it's out on other stuff? Is the game worth more because only you can play it?

The obsession for exclusives is just sad. The more people enjoy games the better.
3dc0d17018510e32f54caccc3e801d6f104f318421e3546b45bdc64dc04af521.jpg

Superiority springs from difference, exclusivity defines it.

I totally agree with you. I think the problem some people have is that Sony was renowned for incredible exclusives. More than any other company, as far as Aaa disk releases. They seem to have the least, with the most third party deals. Timed exclusive etc. Maybe it's not what they expected?

I think it's fine personally. Let more people play the great games

Can you give some examples?

Because I think PS4 compares favourably to PS3 (especially looking to 2016), and if you go back to PS1/2 you'll find a lot of those exclusives are 3rd party deals.

Top Bottom