• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Coming to Anaheim on December 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there are reports of there being more of a focus on Japanese games this year, I hope we see 13 Sentinels popup there. I was disappointed in it being a no-show at TGS this year. Atlus is now confirmed for the show even though they were missing from the initial list, and that would be a game they'd release here. I also wouldn't mind seeing Granzella's games (Disaster Report 4 and City Shrouded in Shadow) popup there.

Since there are reports of there being more of a focus on Japanese games this year, I hope we see 13 Sentinels popup there. I was disappointed in it being a no-show at TGS this year. Atlus is now confirmed for the show even though they were missing from the initial list, and that would be a game they'd release here. I also wouldn't mind seeing Granzella's games (Disaster Report 4 and City Shrouded in Shadow) popup there.
Always nice to see someone remember the lil guys.

I will be satisfied with new Spiderman and Days Gone footage/gameplay demo.

For wishful thinking, RDR 2 gameplay demo, TLOU2 trailer, and Sucker Punch new game (personal wish for original Iron man game).

wapplew

I think the conference will be disappointing because Sony will save all the good stuff for next E3 to combat Scorpio news.
Expecting some niche Japanese titles here and there and some VR, zero AAA new announcement or new footage, except maybe Horizon.

Since Capcom just renewed the Deep Down trademark for the last time and since that trademark expires in February 2017, I'd say if it isn't dead it'll have to show at either the vgas or at psx since those are the last two major events left before they lose the trademark.

CLEEK

Wipeout VR.

I reckon there's a good chance. A VR version is the only likelihood of the franchise having another entry, with the game well suited for a 4K Pro version. Ticks all the boxes and would be the perfect showcase for Sony's newest hardware devices.

I think the conference will be disappointing because Sony will save all the good stuff for next E3 to combat Scorpio news.
Expecting some niche Japanese titles here and there and some VR, zero AAA new announcement or new footage, except maybe Horizon.
There has been at least a bit of that at every PSX.

UC4 gameplay/SFV
FFVIIR gameplay/Ni No Kuni II

I firmly belive that gt sport is now a holiday 2017 game so I dont expect anything from that. I think we will get something new from ff7 r though

My bet:

- Uncharted story DLC
- Last Horizon Zero Dawn presentation/demo
- Crash Remastered tease
- More teases from already announced games
- Ni No Kuni II gameplay
- Drawn to Death released
- A decent bang for the ending (FF7R gameplay or something new)

wapplew

My bet:

- Uncharted story DLC
- Crash Remastered tease
- Ni No Kuni II gameplay

RE7 need one last big push too.

RE7 need one last big push too.

RE7 hasn't even had a first big push let alone its last. I think Capcom needs to do a lot of marketing if they want this game to succeed. Don't look at GAF, this is an enthusiast forum, we follow every little bit of news. Your average gamer probably doesn't know a damn thing about this game and why he/she should buy it. Well, most of the people who even followed the game don't know much about it either. But that just proves my point further that Capcom needs to do a hell of lot more marketing for RE7.

TL;DR, RE7 still needs many more big marketing pushes.

DKHF

So new That game company game will be on Games award or PSX?
I'm leaning towards Game Awards since they will want to make clear it is multi-plat from the very start, but maybe I'm wrong and Sony lets them debut on their stage even as a multi-plat, just because of their strong history with them.

Kaze2212

Now after PS4 Pro being officially out, I wonder how Sony will handle their first big conference after the release. Will they be showing off only standard PS4 footage? Only PS4 Pro footage? A mix of both?

Even though there are so many things to get excited about, I am most curious about how Sony will handle this - haha.

I hope it 13 Sentinels doesn't end up like Dragon's Crown, whereby it's announced and then goes dark for ages. Pretty sure Dragon's Crown was announced at E3 2011 and didn't actually resurface until 2013.

As for what I want out of this, seeing as God of War will be a no show:

Uncharted 4 Story DLC
Street Fighter V Season 2 announce
Ni no Kuni II trailer/details
Final Fantasy VII R trailer

And then anything else is a bonus. No idea what new games could be announced, honestly.

FeD.nL

Now after PS4 Pro being officially out, I wonder how Sony will handle their first big conference after the release. Will they be showing off only standard PS4 footage? Only PS4 Pro footage? A mix of both?

Even though there are so many things to get excited about, I am most curious about how Sony will handle this - haha.

I can see them doing some comparisons this event and then Pro only in '17 and beyond.

I can feel the Playstation All Stars 2 vibe.
An AAA PS All-Stars is the only thing I want. It has lots of potential if Sony gives it to a good developer like Capcom or Namco.
Lots of PS characters + some third party characters (and Crash & Spyro too) + great gameplay from a fighting developer + amazing graphics and UI = one of the biggest system sellers of generation
I would be happy with a PS All-Stars Karting too. Something like CTR.

J4g3r

- Uncharted 4 Story DLC.
- Tons of Playstation Pro Patch Announcements (Bloodborne being the big one)
- Ni no Kuni 2 Gameplay and release date?
- Update on FFVII (remake)
- Deep Down

TSQqV3P.png

Ignoring updates on confirmed games on e3,
I'm pushing for a bloodborne 2 confirmation. Makes no sense and wouldn't be disappointed when it doesn't show up but fingers cross.

RE7 hasn't even had a first big push let alone its last. I think Capcom needs to do a lot of marketing if they want this game to succeed. Don't look at GAF, this is an enthusiast forum, we follow every little bit of news. Your average gamer probably doesn't know a damn thing about this game and why he/she should buy it. Well, most of the people who even followed the game don't know much about it either. But that just proves my point further that Capcom needs to do a hell of lot more marketing for RE7.

TL;DR, RE7 still needs many more big marketing pushes.

Ain't that the truth. It's like Capcom has forgotten how to properly market a game this gen. We're getting a mainline Resident Evil in two months time, which should be a huge deal, yet there's precious little buzz surrounding the game. At least that's how it comes across to me. A 7th entry that even enthusiasts like us know very little about, one that bears very little resemblance to its franchise, and it's coming out in the quiet month of January.

Uh huh.

Elios83

Things I'm expecting:

Spiderman gameplay
Uncharted DLC announced
Crash Bandicoot Remaster/Remake worldwide premiere
Updates on already announced titles like Ni No Kuni 2, Ace Combat 7, Persona 5, RE7, Full Throttle Remaster and Psychonauts 2. Plus titles like Wild that this year didn't get an update because there was no european conference.

Things I'd like to see:
New FFVII Remake trailer
FF8 and FF9 being announced for PS4.
Shenmue 3 first trailer premiere

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
My predictions -

- Uncharted 4 DLC gameplay trailer and release date
- Horizon: Zero Dawn long gameplay video
- Resident Evil VII gameplay video
- The Last Guardian short gameplay video
- Final Fantasy XV video, out now
- Hitman: Season One respective video, out now...disc out January 31st.
- Gravity Rush 2 gameplay video
- Indies / PSN games montage

DKHF

Guessing Nier will get a trailer and its western (US in the conference because PSX is a US show) release dates here. And the date will be in March.

An RE game that's a big change from recent titles in the series and comes out in the month of January? That'll never work.

How well did Resi 4 do on the Gamecube anyway? :p

And let's be fair, 4 resembles past games in the franchise a whole lot more than 7 does.

I don't expect anything big. If we get a Pro patch for Bloodborne though it would be enough for me personaly. So far neither Sony, FROM, or Bamco have confirmed or denied Pro patches for Bloodborne or Dark Souls 3 yet. Keeps me optimistic.

I honestly don't expect anything from E3 to show up(spiderman,god of war is confirmed,days gone,death stranding plz god no). Maybe Detroit and far point?

The conference would deliver it ends up being a 1hours Ni no Kuni 2 gameplay reveal.
Can I get a 5 minute intervention for ace combat 7 gameplay

My bet:

- Uncharted story DLC
- Crash Remastered tease
- Ni No Kuni II gameplay

There is multiple leaks that Crash Remastered is coming on late february, so i think it's going to be more than a tease.

Probably Super Duper Fake, but just for knowledge.

CxukjWVXgAA_kDM.jpg

CxurVgPWQAQsTmP.jpg

https://twitter.com/PS_Fuite/status/800414427401121792

This guy gave wrong information about PS Meeting, so I would not trust this info.

https://twitter.com/PS_Fuite/status/763708444037742592

https://twitter.com/PS_Fuite/status/763709420794679296

EDIT1: According to him, some PS Meeting announcements got pushed to PSX 2016.

However i heard form a single source that some stuff at PS Meeting got pushed to PSX 2016. Please take this with a grain of salt. 2/2

https://twitter.com/PS_Fuite/status/800434747755364352

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom