• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Coming to Anaheim on December 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you talking about. Can't remember right now Shu's statements on PSX.
Not a direct quote but he simply said that psx was more so for the fans to interact,play some released and unreleased games the conference was just an added bonus and not to expect big announcement after big announcement

Experien

Anyone going and willing to buy me a Bloodborne Plush?
/notsarcasm?

We are not worthy! ;-;
Btw why does it have Atlus on it lol Sony would be the ones publishing it this time if this remaster comes to fruition :p

But Atlus still owns the rights to publish in the US and Europe. Still the same game.

I've always looked at PSX as a fan convention personally. I think people let their expectations get way out of hand. It's the kind of stage where they can talk about stuff like Yakuza and have it mean something.

As a PlayStation fan, I like that about it.

I've always looked at PSX as a fan convention personally. I think people let their expectations get way out of hand. It's the kind of stage where they can talk about stuff like Yakuza and have it mean something.

Even than I feel like people want too much it's a nice fan event at the end of the year when all the other conferences are done.

We got

Some pretty good announcements out of the all the psx conferences over the few years. Tons of indies,ni no kuni2,sfv,ace combat 7,paragon,Rez,yakuza localizations,ffvii remake first gameplay. For something not focused on the conference part of things they still show some good stuff

That said gimme my ni no kuni 2 gameplay debut,Dw9,Ace combat7 gameplay(regular not vr I'll see that when its on my head), ReVii gameplay trailer(it'll be there), gt sport date(plz), dreams beta!!!?, Wild gameplay,boundless date?, Matterfall(gameplay),

Curufinwe

I can't wait to see what Wipeout 4K looks like. That'll be the game that makes me get a Pro and a 4K TV, just like Wipeout hD made get a PS3 and an HDTV.

mcw

Agreed. The expectations folks place upon PSX announcements are ridiculous.

Anyway. Looking forward to Final Fantasy 16 being announced at PSX. It will be exclusive to the PS5, which will also be announced there. Gonna be hype, yo.

Anyone going and willing to buy me a Bloodborne Plush?
/notsarcasm?

But Atlus still owns the rights to publish in the US and Europe. Still the same game.

Im pretty sure thats only for the ps3 versions.
They wouldnt have anything on a ps4 remaster afaik

Do you think they'll only show PS4Pro footage?

And what do you think they'll troll us with this year?

2014: FFVII
2015: Crash Bandicoot t-shirt
2016: ?

I think they'll open it with UC4 dlc actually, seeing as how it opened both of them so far

Because UC4 was their next big game.

Their next big game now is Horizon Zero Dawn and it's coming out in few months.

I think they'll start the show with HZD gameplay.

Also, God of War won't be at the conference.

Maybe new Days Gone footage to build hype because E3 gameplay was underwhelming.

I think we'll also see
  • Spiderman gameplay.
  • UC4 DLC.
  • Michel Ancel's Wild.
  • ThatGameCompany's new game.
  • New Dreams trailer with beta release date.
My dream show is RDR2 gameplay but there's no way R* is doing it.

BigEmil

Because UC4 was their next big game.

Their next big game now is Horizon Zero Dawn and it's coming out in few months.

I think they'll start the show with HZD gameplay.

Also, God of War won't be at the conference.

Maybe new Days Gone footage to build hype because E3 gameplay was underwhelming.

I think we'll also see
  • Spiderman gameplay.
  • UC4 DLC.
  • Michel Ancel's Wild.
  • ThatGameCompany's new game.
  • New Dreams trailer with beta release date.
My dream show is RDR2 gameplay but there's no way R* is doing it.
Hopefully also more of 2017 GOTY Nioh, also maybe feature that all KH games in definitive version will be playable on one console PS4 in 2017

The way I look at PSX is that if you're going into it expecting to see a new game announced by studios like Naughty Dog or Sucker Punch, then you're going into with your expectations set way too high. That's just not going to happen. Think of it more as a fanservice event. Which games would fit that? A game that would generate more hype if it were announced at this event than if it were announced at E3? So, I think of games like Ape Escape, Wild Arms or Wipeout. I'm not saying any of those will be announced there. But they would fit as a type of game that would garner a lot more attention by being announced at PSX than at E3 where it's common for a lot of big games to be announced.

We sorta saw that last year. Ni no Kuni 2 and Ace Combat 7 were announced there. Both received a lot of attention as the spotlight was much more on them than Spider-Man by Insomniac or Resident Evil 7.

Hopefully also more of 2017 GOTY Nioh, also maybe feature that all KH games in definitive version will be playable on one console PS4 in 2017

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but Koei will be doing a Nioh stream on the 20th

The live stream will feature MC Hatsune Matsushima, Toshiyuki Itakura of comedy duo Impulse, and Nioh directors Yosuke Hayashi and Fumihiko Yasuda. In addition to taking on new stages with powerful bosses, the stream will also debut the latest information.

http://gematsu.com/2016/11/nioh-special-live-stream-set-november-20

They'll be doing them monthly until the game is released.

Shin-Ra

SIEE skipped their local press conference this year so Dreams, Matterfall, WiLD and maybe Ovosonico's games are up for grabs. Any other brand new announcements not better served by E3 too.

sn00zer

The Great Ape Escape
MediEvil: Dia del Dan
Jet Motorstorm
Jumping Flash VR
Playstation Team Racing
Playstation All Stars Power Stone

Shin-Ra

I don't know if Housemarque's Jarvis Project is due sooner or later than Matterfall. They might have just teased more pieces because it's their own IP.

I'm probably in the minority, but as PSVR has brought PS Move back to the forefront, I wouldn't mind a Sports Champions 1 and 2 compilation for PSVR, maybe even toss in Medieval Moves: Deadmund's quest, as it was from the same developer. I heard Sorcery was a good one, too. Maybe they can bring that back. I also somewhat enjoyed Carnival Island (the skeeball and basketball mini-games were fun and quite responsive). Some other PS Move games from Sony were The Shoot, Start The Party and it's sequel Start The Party: Save The World (from the Until Dawn guys), Kung Fu Rider, The Fight: Lights Out (that could be a good PSVR game), and TV Superstars, among others (like Wonderbook.....).

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
How about PS1 Classic support?

I'd rather have that then the PS2 on PS4 tbh since we get so few of those. If trophies were put in PS1 games I imagine we wouldn't get anything like the PS3/PSP/PS Vita catalogue.

Hmm shinobi is hyping PSX https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/799674207621640192

Maybe Sony is gonna have a bigger show than we expect (at least bigger than last year)? That would make sense considering they didn't do an EU conference so should have more to show.

Probably best to keep expectations where they are though.

This fucking guy overhypes everything. I wouldn't pay much attention to what he says or pin your hopes on anything.

DKHF

This fucking guy overhypes everything. I wouldn't pay much attention to what he says or pin your hopes on anything.
I don't think he does. I've followed him for a while and don't remember him hyping up the last two PSXs especially not on his Twitter account to everyone. He did hype up Sony E3 2015 and 2016 though. And he has deep reaching inside sources all over the industry (leaking major info about several Sony and third party games) so people should definitely pay attention to what he says.

tumblr_o9f4bkgSkU1ue779no1_500.jpg

Is all I need. I know GOW won't be there. 2 weeks left guys.

Do you think they'll only show PS4Pro footage?

And what do you think they'll troll us with this year?

2014: FFVII
2015: Crash Bandicoot t-shirt
2016: ?

They are gonna throw in some cryptic shit at the end of a crash remaster gameplay video that teases an all new Crash game.

Or we could get the ultimate troll Knack 2 electric boogaloo return of the king the mario slayer.

IMO, U4 singleplayer DLC will be there.

Yeah.

My safe bets for PSX.

-Horizon new segment and new playable demo.
-New Detroid trailer
-New Dreams trailer and announcing the closed beta will start begin January
-More info on WiLD hoping for release date.
-Uncharted 4 coop dlc
-Kojima on stage to talk about being still free from Konami.
-First footage of the Crash remaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom