• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Coming to Anaheim on December 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

alemmon

I liked them and they were a cool idea but it resulted in a crap ton of people just running around collecting the cards and shoving people around and being rude to guests and developers in the process.

I didnt really have the experience.... I thought a lot of the developers were really cool about it.

krae_man

The cards are fine but the time sync wasn't worth it for me. They should give everyone two cards when they hand them out at a booth. Then everyone will have trade fodder and interact to complete their sets.

Also cards with trophies on them is stupid. Give us actual trophies on our profile Sony. I refuse to believe nobody internally didn't think of that over a year ago when you did cards with trophies on them last year. You've had over a year to get it working.

Then we'd have an actual reason to link our PSN names when we buy tickets. Right now there really is no reason since all the rewards are just tied to the NFC chip in the badge.

Whoever decided "No, trophies are only for games" is wrong.

The 52 playing card deck that was handed out at the first PlayStation Experience made a lot of sense, considering the event was in Vegas. As Krae said, it just wasn't worth the time last year. I much preferred running around and experiencing all of the booths and going to the panels.

It also wasn't particularly fun to wait in line to get the Platinum Trophy card (if I remember correctly), only to have the person in front of you get the last one.

To be fair, I did get a PS4 game as a consolation prize, but my backlog! Oy vey!

I don't really get the point of these cards. I wish they just did a poker deck like the inaugural year, that's way cooler and more useful. Who the heck is gonna keep these collectible cards in a binder? They don't even have new art on them, just copy pasted art.

Also they should definitely hand out more than one so people can trade and get a full set if they want to put together an entire set. It's how they did it at D23 and how I've seen it done everywhere trading cards have been handed out at events.

I'd be way more into these cards if every game featured in them had new art in a cohesive style, like how DI made all the marvel, disney, and live action characters into one coherent art style.

So I really want to go, but am struggling financially with student loans and not having enough paid work. Even Hollie Bennett from PlayStation Access was asking if I'd be there (as she and Rob will be attending) so I'm trying to save up money for travel expenses and hopefully to get the weekend + the videogame awards. If anyone has any simple graphic design or motion graphic work they need done, please let me know asap! lol :(

Still want to do the NeoGAF badges as well, and krae_man will be making an attendees thread soon, along with a form to sign up and request a badge.

krae_man

Okay can someone who has already purchased PSX tickets log into their account and tell me what you see on the summary page under Attendee Registration Summary and Payment Status?

Remove your credit card deets first of course.

Somehow it says I have no badge and have a -$60 balance on my account.

Fisty

So I really want to go, but am struggling financially with student loans and not having enough paid work. Even Hollie Bennett from PlayStation Access was asking if I'd be there (as she and Rob will be attending) so I'm trying to save up money for travel expenses and hopefully to get the weekend + the videogame awards. If anyone has any simple graphic design or motion graphic work they need done, please let me know asap! lol :(

Still want to do the NeoGAF badges as well, and krae_man will be making an attendees thread soon, along with a form to sign up and request a badge.

If you don't mind me asking, are you having trouble affording the tickets, or everything else going to OC for the weekend would entail?

kenta

Has no PEINS
Question for those who have attended in years past: This will be my first time going to one of these kinds of events and I'd love to get some games autographed if possible. Is that a realistic expectation? Should I put some games and a Sharpie in my backpack just in case? If so, who would I be likely to run across at the event? Like I said, this is my first time going to something like this so I don't know how naive I'm being about this

aibaby

Neo Member
Trying to buy tickets, but you can only buy 1 per person/account? I want to buy 4 tickets for some friends, and one of them doesn't have a PSN account. Anyone know how this works? Thanks!

Question for those who have attended in years past: This will be my first time going to one of these kinds of events and I'd love to get some games autographed if possible. Is that a realistic expectation? Should I put some games and a Sharpie in my backpack just in case? If so, who would I be likely to run across at the event? Like I said, this is my first time going to something like this so I don't know how naive I'm being about this

Devs will be on the floor. Most people don't recognize them and they'll be next to their game or walking around. Really depends who you're looking for. Last year I was able to just walk up to Tim Schafer and Greg Rice to take a photo together and chat them up. I know Neil Druckmann was walking around too and David Jaffe.

krae_man

Trying to buy tickets, but you can only buy 1 per person/account? I want to buy 4 tickets for some friends, and one of them doesn't have a PSN account. Anyone know how this works? Thanks!

Yes you can only buy one per account.

Sony makes everyone buy individually and you are not required to enter a PSN account.

I believe you can register everyone individually and use the same payment info for multiple tickets, but use this opportunity to make your friends buy their own tickets. Why have them owe you money when they don't need to?

Gusto

Take some sharpies, games, and your PS4 faceplate. You will see everyone on the floor. First year I got my white ps4 signed by Shu, second year I got Cerny and Yosp to sign my 20th anniversary console. This year I made an insert for my fight stick and I'm having Daigo, infiltration, tokido and a few others sign it. It's the dopest shit ever!

Armadilo

Banned
So I want to go to both events but what's the transportation like ? In San Fran I took Bart to get to places and also just walk to where I wanted to go

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I could see some big Final Fantasy stuff. With FFXV only just released there could be a final push, while Nomura might have another trailer ready for Final Fantasy VIIR.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I was going more for the hype angle tho I guess Tifa is more popular? Idk never kept up with vii

Yeah, it may be difficult to ascertain exactly, but on gut instinct I would suspect that Tifa is more popular than Aerith.

tumblr_lfgklfTh6n1qc781xo1_500.gif

Aerith is more of a classical beauty and love interest. Tifa is a bit unique for 1997 in that she's muscular and can take care of herself, yet is Cloud's principle love interest
after Aerith dies.

I will never stop spoilering that just in case.

Really curious how everyone is going to look in the remake. Sure we've seen Cloud, Barret, AVALANCHE, and maybe Vincent's back in a reveal trailer, but that's far from everyone.

Yeah, it may be difficult to ascertain exactly, but on gut instinct I would suspect that Tifa is more popular than Aerith.

Aerith is more of a classical beauty and love interest. Tifa is a bit unique for 1997 in that she's muscular and can take care of herself, yet is Cloud's principle love interest
after Aerith dies.

I will never stop spoilering that just in case.

Really curious how everyone is going to look in the remake. Sure we've seen Cloud, Barret, AVALANCHE, and maybe Vincent's back in a reveal trailer, but that's far from everyone.
Lol funny enough I just learned of that spoiler last year so it'll br fun seeing how many new ppl join in on the remake. I want to see Red and Cait sith the most

ZenTzen

Tifa would show up before Aerith, if we're going in order of character reveal
If we go by character reveal i would assume we'd see Aerith first since shes the first person we meet after the bombing mission and is the first character we see in the game even if it was in a fmv

Either way, hope we see something new at psx, and whatever happened to Rime and Wild games

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
If we go by character reveal i would assume we'd see Aerith first since shes the first person we meet after the bombing mission and is the first character we see in the game even if it was in a fmv

Either way, hope we see something new at psx, and whatever happened to Rime and Wild games

But we see tifa first as a flashback technically speaking

I really wouldn't hope for any FF7R stuff guys.

For me I'd be content with NNK2 release info and new footage, same for Crash Remastered. I don't even know what announcement I would want that isn't a pie in the sky. I guess DMC5/DmC2 isn't completely impossible? Almost all other series I have interest in already have a game announced or it's just not happening (Klonoa, Silent Hill, whatever).

Hell, there are some games I am interested in that I don't want to see any more because they have had so much shown already (Nioh, GR2)

edit: ok, Bloodborne 2 would be hype as hell and not totally impossible.

Some Nobody

Dynasty warriors 9 is a lock.

Sony rep said on a podcast(according to a poster) it would be more focused on Japan centric games.

I didn't hear this podcast, but...E3 was largely western games and TGS was fucking terrible because it announced almost nothing and focused almost entirely on games due out in a matter of weeks/months (at the time). I can only imagine this happened so PSX could be even more exciting as a show.

Fraxin

Lol funny enough I just learned of that spoiler last year so it'll br fun seeing how many new ppl join in on the remake. I want to see Red and Cait sith the most

Would like to see Cid Highwind.

Although he might not appear in the first episode of the game, let alone a trailer.

salromano

I'm gonna guess we'll see Amazing Katamari Damacy there because it's been seven months since it was trademarked in the US and Europe, and five months since it was done in Japan, and Bandai Namco went pretty big at last year's PSX. Unless it's a Switch title, which I could also see happening.

What do you guys think Bluepoint is up too? Out of sheer boredom at work, i've been doing my own creepy investigative journalism (stalking their employees linkedin pages). They are working on an unannounced project. Also, in a recent interview they pointed out that it was unlike their previous projects.

What do you guys think it could be? Warhawk? Socom? Syphon Filter? Would seem like PSX is the perfect place to make the latest PS remaster announcement.

I think this event is going to be a big improvement on last year's, simply because Sony skipped the Gamescom/PGW conference this year and thus they'll have more announcements stored up and waiting to be unleashed (hopefully).

It'll be funny if they have Tim Schafer on stage for the third time in a row. It'd be tradition by this point. Other than a release date for Full Throttle HD though, I don't know what else he could announce to be remastered. The Curse of Monkey Island maybe? That'd be the big one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom