• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Coming to Anaheim on December 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKHF

Someone on here a while ago was talking about how Naughty Dog (at least in recent times with Uncharted and TLOU) never go long without revealing their next game so it would fit that pattern if they revealed it at PSX.
I think it will just be a teaser, if anything.

I see it being a summer 2018 title.
Yeah it will probably just be a teaser.

FelipeMGM

Yeah that's very surprising to me (assuming they reveal it here).

I think it will just be a teaser, if anything.

I see it being a summer 2018 title.

Yeah, now Im thnking its maybe something like the first Uncharted's PS4 teaser on PS4 launch night in 2013 and the E3 2014 teaser

Still, thats mind blowing. I will be eating so much crow cuz I never expected that to come this early, but I will also be excited as fuck lol

If TLOU2 gets announced, it'll probably be at E3 next year as a in-game engine teaser to close off Sony's E3.

A TLOU version of "Nathan Drake in next-gen graphics waking up", but instead we get a slow pan tease of older Ellie and as her face is shown proper - cut to black- TLOU2.

Chase17

As long as there is an uncharted 4 DLC trailer + release date I'll be happy.

Any other trailers/reveals will be an added bonus.

Yeah, now Im thnking its maybe something like the first Uncharted's PS4 teaser on PS4 launch night in 2013 and the E3 2014 teaser

Still, thats mind blowing. I will be eating so much crow cuz I never expected that to come this early, but I will also be excited as fuck lol
Right, I'm still going to be squeezing at my heart regardless lol.

FelipeMGM

It might be almost the exact same situation as 2013

There The Left Behind had its first trailer, and Uncharted PS4 was announced

Now Uncharted 4 SP DLC should be shown, and TLoU 2 announced.

And both were in December

EDIT: PS4 launch was in November not December duh

I went from skeptic to believer real soon lol

DKHF

Uncharted PS4 and Left Behind were in November not December (it was at the PS4 launch Spike stream). But yeah this looks like a very similar situation.

wapplew

So 2019 release date with tradition delay to 2020.

Using logic...

Expect TLOU2 to be announced between now and E3. If its not announced by E3 then dont expect a reveal for at least another year (E3 2018 or PSX18)

I think the way TLOU team got put on Uncharted 4 slowed down sequel plans quite a bit. BUT if they managed to keep a small B team going even after that mess happened then sure... I can see a reveal "soon".

Things are definitely pointing in the right direction, I just want to see it happening.
I mean, that combat section was ok I guess but I couldn't care less about how many zombies are on screen.

Shin-Ra

Uncharted 2 (VGAs)
Uncharted 3 (Entertainment Weekly)
The Last of Us (VGAs)
The Last of Us: Left Behind (VGAs) (actually the PS4 launch party)

All three were announced early-mid December. Drake's Fortune (E3) and A Thief's End (PS4 launch party) differed as the first games for a new console.

https://youtu.be/f6V0HNNHQK4

I could see them opening the show with UC4 DLC then closing it with TLOU 2. It'll be a very short teaser a la the first UC4 teaser at E3 2014, in-engine/real-time but not gameplay.

Zukkoyaki

If TLOU2 gets announced next week, whether it's a teaser or not, it would fuel my suspicion that Naughty Dog WAS working on it alongside Uncharted 4. The popular theory was that they had everything else on hold for awhile to focus on Uncharted, they said as much, but I never believed there wasn't at least a small crew cranking away on it. Still expecting 2018-2019 though.

FelipeMGM

If TLOU2 gets announced next week, whether it's a teaser or not, it would fuel my suspicion that Naughty Dog WAS working on it alongside Uncharted 4. The popular theory was that they had everything else on hold for awhile to focus on Uncharted, they said as much, but I never believed there wasn't at least a small crew cranking away on it. Still expecting 2018-2019 though.

Im guessing Bruce, Neil and their core team prob worked on it for almost a year before they took Uncharted 4.

Also agree with that release window

at this point they have over 300 people in their team - for comparison, 150 People were working on The Last of Us.

i don't believe that the whole team was working full-time on Uncharted 4.

I'd be genuinely gobsmacked if TLoU 2 was revealed next week.
Seems early with UC4 DLC still the focus...I know there is history for this but with how Sony 1st party need 3+ years to get anything out, I don't want early cock teases for a game I'll see in 2019.

Kojima said he would use an engine that nobody one else could have so it should be one of Sony's engine for Death Stranding.

It'll be either Sucker Punch or Guerilla's engine.
I'm predicting the latter.

OléGunner;225423152 said:
I'd be genuinely gobsmacked if TLoU 2 was revealed next week.
Seems early with UC4 DLC still the focus...I know there is history for this but with how Sony 1st party need 3+ years to get anything out, I don't want early cock teases for a game I'll see in 2019.

It'll be either Sucker Punch or Guerilla's engine.
I'm predicting the latter.

iirc Shinobi said its not the Sucker Punch Engine

OléGunner;225423864 said:
Oh wow I missed that!
Lends more credence to GG's engine then.

We know for sure its gonna be first party right?
The only other realistic option for Kojima would be UE4.

i mean Sony Bend is working with the UE4 aswell
Kojima also paid a visit to Crytek, tough i don't think he will use their engine.

GG Engine sounds good.

how the hell could i miss this??? my excitement just jumped through the roof.
man i wish i can attend PSX at some point

A lot more promising then the initial reveal which made me write the game off. Still not sold but they doing a good job appealing to me. On the last of us 2 possible reveal, that would be a strong enough showing for the conference.

Ricky_R

I'm sure ND will go the extra mile with TLOU2 to take advantage of the PRo. Game will sell some systems.

Hopefully they offer different modes.

Pachimari

I want Nathan Drake in The Last of Us 2. Make it a body cop trip with Joel. Although I haven't completed Uncharted 4 yet, so I don't know how it ends.

Orpheum

A lot more promising then the initial reveal which made me write the game off. Still not sold but they doing a good job appealing to me. On the last of us 2 possible reveal, that would be a strong enough showing for the conference.

i see where you're coming from, and that's probably why i missed all the info...because the gameplay didn't leave me that pumped, this changes everything^^

Yeah the Last of us 2 would be rocking, but i don't get my hopes up too high

DKHF

I'll do final predictions (some based on teases on here and other stuff like Koei Tecmo saying they would be appearing at a PS event again this year):

UC4 SP DLC trailer. Chloe is in the DLC (not playable though of course)
Horizon stage demo
MLB The Show 2017 trailer
Someone from Activision talking about Infinite Warfare's DLC plans and PlayStation partnership.
Destiny 2 teaser
Gio Corsi indies section
More indies
Drawn to Death trailer and release date announcement (maybe the available now moment of the show) from Jaffe on stage
Matterfall trailer
Ace Combat 7 trailer (announced for 2017)
Ni no Kuni II trailer (announced for 2017 but maybe later delayed to 2018)
Nioh trailer
Dynasty Warriors 9 announcement
NieR: Automata trailer with western release date
Gravity Rush 2 trailer (demo available now)
Detroit third playable character trailer
Update on Dreams, beta announced for January.
Death Stranding Mads Mikkelsen teaser. Kojima introduces it on stage.
TLOU2 teaser

Also expecting other games I'm not familiar with to appear.

AndyVirus

I don't want a Last of Us 2 reveal next week because that's a 2019 game (probably disguised as holiday 2018 before a delay) and I'm sick of things unveiled too early -_-

I-hate-u

I think I said it before but I expect it to be a very SCEE focused event because they didn't have a show since PGW last year.The Euro devs should be out in full force.

Horizon will get a bundle because it's obviously global SIE's next darling game after Uncharted 4. One could easily see the SIEA budget going to Horizon <3 already.

But that is just a skin of an OG PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom