• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Coming to Anaheim on December 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll do final predictions (some based on teases on here and other stuff like Koei Tecmo saying they would be appearing at a PS event again this year):

UC4 SP DLC trailer. Chloe is in the DLC (not playable though of course)
Horizon stage demo
MLB The Show 2017 trailer
Someone from Activision talking about Infinite Warfare's DLC plans and PlayStation partnership.
Destiny 2 teaser
Gio Corsi indies section
More indies
Drawn to Death trailer and release date announcement (maybe the available now moment of the show) from Jaffe on stage
Matterfall trailer
Ace Combat 7 trailer (announced for 2017)
Ni no Kuni II trailer (announced for 2017 but maybe later delayed to 2018)
Nioh trailer
Dynasty Warriors 9 announcement
NieR: Automata trailer with western release date
Gravity Rush 2 trailer (demo available now)
Detroit third playable character trailer
Update on Dreams, beta announced for January.
Death Stranding Mads Mikkelsen teaser. Kojima introduces it on stage.
TLOU2 teaser

Also expecting other games I'm not familiar with to appear.
Drawn To Death will most likely be a PS Plus title so it won't be available now. Let It Die might be though

Let It Die and indies like Mother Russia Bleeds will most likely be made available that day. If they do anything like PSX classics (please) those would too. Or if they add more PS2 titles or something

I think we're getting a Days Gone release date. I have a feeling that game is coming in the spring, despite no indication thus far. That game has been in development for a long time and they took forever to announce it, but it still isn't a God Of War or Naughty Dog game (or even Horizon) and GOW will be their big fall game (until it's delayed, lol).

Drawn To Death will most likely be a PS Plus title so it won't be available now. Let It Die might be though

Let It Die and indies like Mother Russia Bleeds will most likely be made available that day. If they do anything like PSX classics (please) those would too. Or if they add more PS2 titles or something

I think we're getting a Days Gone release date. I have a feeling that game is coming in the spring, despite no indication thus far. That game has been in development for a long time and they took forever to announce it, but it still isn't a God Of War or Naughty Dog game (or even Horizon) and GOW will be their big fall game (until it's delayed, lol).
I think that if anything Detroit is a spring game

If I want anything out of this conference it's more info on dreams if no release date,beta info or Something substantial comes out of psx I'll be worried.
Game was briefly shown at the ps4 unveiling, announced at e3 2015, shown more at gamescom 2015 and than everything else after has been livestreams they've done themselves.

FelipeMGM

Idk, I think if it makes 2017 it will be somewhere after the summer. The game entered full production January last year, and its a very ambitious title for them. They should not rush it

DKHF

You think Drawn to Death will be a Plus game for December or as soon as it comes out? Or just later down the line? If the former I'm not too sure but yeah it probably won't be an available now moment.

For Days Gone, remember Bend supposedly scrapped various projects/pitches over the years and they posted a recruitment page saying Days Gone was just finally going into full production in January 2015 (here is the page http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...dio__Benefits_Brews_and_a_Really_Big_Game.php). So it's only been in full production for just under 2 years. For those reasons I think it will be a spring 2018 game.

FelipeMGM

Here is what I think might show up. I doubt all of this will be there tho

First Party IP
UC4 DLC gameplay and release window (Spring 2017).
Horizon trailer focused on story (delay might come, but they wont say it here, just like U4 last year)
Gravity Rush 2 Trailer with demo available now
MLB The Show 17 Trailer
Scott Rohde on stage, announces Pixelopus new game
GT Sport, Edith Finch and Drawn To Death trailers, with dates. D2T to be released there or the tuesday after
Matterfall gameplay trailer, Days Gone gameplay trailer, no dates
Dreams stage demo with beta date
WipEout HD collection with VR mode by Firesprite
New Bluepoint Remaster (Demon Souls??)
VR, VR, VR, (Farpoint and new 1º party or 2º party VR games)
TLoU 2 Teaser
dont be pranking on us shinobi

Third Party
RE7, Nioh, Ni No Kuni II, Hitman Season 2, Crash Bandicoot Collection, Shenmue III, Ace Combat 7, DW9 Trailers
Tim Schafer moment with Full Throttle Date and other Double Fine stuff
Indie reel moment with Adult Swim and Devolver
VR VR VR
Shenmue 1+2 HD
Shadow Of Mordor 2

Again, I doubt all of this will be there, but this are the titles we ''know'' of are most likely to show up IMO

Neoxon

I'm not sure if I asked this already, but here goes anyway. Do you guys think we'll get SFV Season 2 info at PSX or will they save it for the Capcom Cup?

I posted this in the other psx thread but it got ignored:
https://mobile.twitter.com/hermenhulst/status/801806555830243328
So yeah there's going to be a horizon bundle.

I don't doubt that they're going to do a bundle for Horizon. But I wouldn't take that tweet as confirmation. Those are more than likely skins that they'll either give away or that you can purchase at PSX. The controller is something that I don't think would ever be greenlit for a bundle. Their bundle controllers are typically pretty simple. A small logo for the game and maybe some color changes to the analog, buttons and DPad. But nothing that covers the entire controller.

DKHF

FFVIIR I think definitely won't be there given XV will have only just come out but I think Shenmue III has a decent chance.

Here is what I think might show up. I doubt all of this will be there tho

First Party IP
UC4 DLC gameplay and release window (Spring 2017).
Horizon trailer focused on story (delay might come, but they wont say it here, just like U4 last year)
Gravity Rush 2 Trailer with demo available now
MLB The Show 17 Trailer
Scott Rohde on stage, announces Pixelopus new game
GT Sport, Edith Finch and Drawn To Death trailers, with dates. D2T to be released there or the tuesday after
Matterfall gameplay trailer, Days Gone gameplay trailer, no dates
Dreams stage demo with beta date
WipEout HD collection with VR mode by Firesprite
New Bluepoint Remaster (Demon Souls??)
VR, VR, VR, (Farpoint and new 1º party or 2º party VR games)
TLoU 2 Teaser
dont be pranking on us shinobi

Third Party
RE7, Nioh, Ni No Kuni II, Hitman Season 2, Crash Bandicoot Collection, Shenmue III, Ace Combat 7, DW9 Trailers
Tim Schafer moment with Full Throttle Date and other Double Fine stuff
Indie reel moment with Adult Swim and Devolver
VR VR VR
Shenmue 1+2 HD
Shadow Of Mordor 2

Again, I doubt all of this will be there, but this are the titles we ''know'' of are most likely to show up IMO
Nice I forgot Wipeout, Schafer, Crash and GTS in my predictions but those are all very likely.

The Last of Us 2?!? If the conference only had Spider-Man and Uncharted 4 SP DLC that would be 10/10 for me. Don't play with this TLoU stuff!!!

Idk, I think if it makes 2017 it will be somewhere after the summer. The game entered full production January last year, and its a very ambitious title for them. They should not rush it

You think Drawn to Death will be a Plus game for December or as soon as it comes out? Or just later down the line? If the former I'm not too sure but yeah it probably won't be an available now moment.

For Days Gone, remember Bend supposedly scrapped various projects/pitches over the years and they posted a recruitment page saying Days Gone was just finally going into full production in January 2015 (here is the page http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...dio__Benefits_Brews_and_a_Really_Big_Game.php). So it's only been in full production for just under 2 years. For those reasons I think it will be a spring 2018 game.
I wasn't aware of the late start for Days Gone, dang. Though I don't think Detroit would really be a conflict with it if they released close together. Still, I can't really see that being a game they announce 2 years in advance but whatever, we'll see

They just announced Drawn To Death is no longer F2P but Jaffe said something like "I think people will be happy with the price"

Honestly I think it's a smart call because having it as one of their monthly games will give more people the incentive to try it out vs. just throwing a F2P game up on the store

It won't happen obviously but I'm sure a lot of people look at Rocket League's success in that regard

AndyVirus

May as well join in the fun, despite it largely being the same as others;

- opens with Uncharted 4 single player DLC trailer
- Shawn Layden talks about PS Pro and what to expect in 2017, lists games including new GT Sport release date
- Shenmue 3 trailer, 1 & 2 HD Collection coming next year [this may be wishful thinking]
- Capcom talk Street Fighter V season 2 and show Resident Evil 7
- Horizon gameplay, new environment (delay will be announced in a couple of weeks)
- Activision rep talks Infinite Warfare first map pack date, free map pack for Modern Warfare Remastered and ends with Crash Bandicoot trailer
- Gio Corsi announces some Vita ports, thatgamecompany's new game trailer (unless at Game Awards) and Matterfall trailer
- Tim Schafer gives Full Throttle and Gang Beasts PS4 release dates
- Detroit trailer for a 3rd playable character
- David Jaffe talks Drawn to Death, released this week
- VR talk; Ace Combat 7, Golem, VR modes for some AAA 2017 games
- WipEout HD + Fury Remaster with VR mode
- Japanese PS exclusives montage; Gravity Rush 2, Nioh & Persona 5
- Ni No Kuni 2 trailer and launch window
- WTF is Dreams' status, beta soon, 2017 launch
- Days Gone or Spider-Man trailer (whichever is closer to completion)
- Shu Yoshida announces Demon's Souls remaster for Summer 2017 and the ability to change your PSN names
- Destiny 2 announcement

I'm not a Destiny guy so I don't know how plausible the last thing is since Rise of Iron is only a couple months old, but I expect an announcement before E3 and was the most likely big ending I could think of for the conference.

schaft0620

Drawn to Death is F2P

- Shawn Layden talks about PS Pro and what to expect in 2017, lists games including new GT Sport release date
- Shenmue 3 trailer, 1 & 2 HD Collection coming next year [this may be wishful thinking]
- Horizon gameplay, new environment (delay will be announced in a couple of weeks)
- Activision rep talks Infinite Warfare first map pack date, free map pack for Modern Warfare Remastered and ends with Crash Bandicoot trailer
- Gio Corsi announces some Vita ports, thatgamecompany's new game trailer (unless at Game Awards) and Matterfall trailer
- Shu Yoshida announces Demon's Souls remaster for Summer 2017 and the ability to change your PSN names
- Destiny 2 announcement

I'm not a Destiny guy so I don't know how plausible the last thing is since Rise of Iron is only a couple months old, but I expect an announcement before E3 and was the most likely big ending I could think of for the conference.
2/10
No mention of Yakuza or DMC.

delSai

Really interested to see what Tim Schafer might bring back next. Full Throttle was already the title i wanted most as it's one of my favorites games of all time, but there's still alot they could remaster.

est1992

- Destiny 2 announcement

I'd add Injustice 2 to that list. Warner Bros is there and that's the only game they've announced so far. Plus Ed Boon's been teasing a lot of things lately, as Ed Boon does.

Hah, same. Just think, maybe we get two this year

O1sdC8k.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom