• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Experience Event 2014 - 20 Years of gaming memories distilled

Nzyme32

My takeaway from this conference is that it's good to own a gaming PC.

True, but if you don't it is pretty nice. More so, what this shows is that Steam and its Early Access, as well as kickstarter, are pretty damn important. Great to see all of those guys off getting more success - which will just mean more games in turn.

So I missed like all of this, I guess the gist is there were a ton of games shown, but the usual suspects allowed themselves to be disappointed with insane expectations, and then Square pissed people off as usual at the end?

Well, Yakuza 5 localization and Suikoden II on PSN aside, can't say I had any use for any of that.

Oh hey, I'm down with both of these

I feel sorry for all you cynical fucks here.
Damn, what it takes to satisfy you people?
They just showed a HUGE amount of games for everyone's taste. Damn.
Loved the conference. Genuine. No bullshit. Lots of games.
Happy PS3, PS4 & Vita user here!

They always do this to themselves. Just let them cry and hope they learn their lesson and maybe start going into these things a little more conservatively. Despite a ton of games being announced, they didn't announce a fucking Crash game (or whatever some random stuff they came up with)so the entire thing is retroactively shit. Seems to the be standard for things like this.

It was a good little "keynote." Marred by the awful Square Enix troll, but overall it was good.

Conference started out so strong, had a few highlights in the middle, and then ended on the worst possible note I could ever imagine. Any hype I had from the beginning of the conference is crushed.

FFVII would have been a fine announcement on its own, but DO NOT highlight it at a conference with so many FFVII remaster rumors going around.

And ending on Jaffe's game? Again, that announcement would have been fine in any other spot in the conference, even the first game shown. But why would you end on that?

Proxy

I've got a few things to say

1: Fuck Jaffe for talking so much. I don't care about your shit games anymore.
2: Fuck you Square-Enix for completely draining the sauce of my body by putting three images of FFVII and then feeding us more bullshit instead of giving us what we want
3: Fuck you Konami for working "so hard" on giving us Suikoden on Vita instead of doing something people could actually play
4: Fuck you Atlus for managing to only redo a title (Persona 5) since the 'reveal' of the game

and last but definitely not least:

5: Fuck you GAF for hyping me up so much for this fucking piece of shit event. 0/10 Worse than PS3 E3 2006

lol another great post. Keep it coming people.

FFVII PS4!?

tumblr_inline_mzk2g8W0Iq1rktzml.gif

PC PORT!!?
621391.gif

Uncharted 4, bloodborne and SFV, day of the tentacle. The rest were things that already released on other platforms, or ports. they brought the fucking CEO of square to announce FFVII RERELEASE, not ffXV, or khIII, nothing.

the best thing were the insiders "damnn a lot of great mindblowing things!!! =PPPPP", and then the best thing that we weren't supposed to know was SFV, but the announcement was screwed and we knew that yesterday. Ended with jaffe's game which i don't really liked the artstyle. I didn't expected the last guardian or crash, but jesus christ at least something that wasn't already announced yesterday or before. very few new announcements, and only one that really surprised me.

LifEndz

I thought it was great. Love the extended look at games. Could do without Adam trying to be funny for what felt like forever. But hey, great show. Hope it's an annual thing in different cities.

I'd give it an A.

TomShoe

Banned

2: Fuck you Square-Enix for completely draining the sauce of my body by putting three images of FFVII and then feeding us more bullshit instead of giving us what we want
3: Fuck you Konami for working "so hard" on giving us Suikoden on Vita instead of doing something people could actually play
4: Fuck you Atlus for managing to only redo a title (Persona 5) since the 'reveal' of the game

5: Fuck you GAF for hyping me up so much for this fucking piece of shit event. 0/10 Worse than PS3 E3 2006

Hohohohehheheohoh...oh relax man, that was a fantastic conference that ended on a weak note. Don't let that rage blind you.

I+guess+he+accidentally+clicked+on+of+the+preset+movements+_e4c6a202efb6bb4b48e1bff276abbb43.png

Amikami

Banned
My honest Opinion of the conference. There were a lot of games I found no interest in. A majority of the games actually. People can say what they want, My taste aren't the same. Regardless of that, I know a good conference when I see one. It was a good conference with a lot of variety and one that serviced to a large amount of people. There were plenty of games and high quality ones at that. Most of them being not eye catching to me doesn't change that fact. Good conference, just wish there was more that I saw in it that I would have liked.

I don't think all that mega hype was needed tho which is why i tried not to. It ussually happens that way.

Zabuza

Banned
What a sickening letdown. 20th anniversary of PS and we get this shit? Ending the show on a notebook drawing clustefuck of a game.

RulkezX

Conference was good.

You all need to learn to not buy into the hype and fake insider leaks. It was a show celebrating Playstation , had a ton of games in it and was generally pretty good.

If you expected E3 part deux then I dunno what to say.

Roshin

I enjoyed most of that right up until Square Enix decided to put the boot in. They really must hate their fans. Drawn to Death has an interesting art style, but it's not for me.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Overall, it was alright as a conference. there were like 4 games that I'm interested in that were shown. But that has more to do with my taste than their incompetence really.

Amir0x

Banned
So, the "insiders" kinda fucked up, didn't they?

Nope. Ya'll just are crazy

Uncharted 4 Gameplay Demo
Game long Requested finally coming true - Yakuza 5, Yakuza 5+Dead Souls
Interesting game announcement going to cause waves - Street Fighter V (ruined yesterday, unfortunately)

Plus Day of Tentacle comin', and a bazillion other game announcements. Just that FFVII troll was bad, bad form lol

I'm more than satisfied from that conference.

For the people who bought into the unrealistic hype, you have no one to blame but yourself

anddo0

Great show. It had an E3 vibe to it, but better.
I didn't get excited about the show until today. So I'm quite pleased.

Loakum

Banned

lolwut? anger issues, much?

Top Bottom