• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Experience Event 2014 - 20 Years of gaming memories distilled

They spend zero time talking about TV, sales, movies, social media, or any bullshit. Like 5 minutes on some MLB shit. Conference is pure games start to finish. 40+ games are shown - no CGI trailers (or very little IIRC), gameplay demos. 40+ games.

GAF's reaction: Disappointing. Never watching another conference.

Jesus, you cynical fucks.
This.

I can't believe some of these posts I'm reading.

Only after multiple sources including Sony's own were hinting to be one hell of a show. It' fucking 20 yrs anniversary show and all they had is multiple announcements for last gen platform.

did they spell it out?
Sony: "we're going announced huge game (insert event)
GAF HYPE: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Shenmue 3. Last Guardian. Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Half Life 3
*starts to snowball*

LifEndz

I've got a few things to say

1: Fuck Jaffe for talking so much. I don't care about your shit games anymore.
2: Fuck you Square-Enix for completely draining the sauce of my body by putting three images of FFVII and then feeding us more bullshit instead of giving us what we want
3: Fuck you Konami for working "so hard" on giving us Suikoden on Vita instead of doing something people could actually play
4: Fuck you Atlus for managing to only redo a title (Persona 5) since the 'reveal' of the game

and last but definitely not least:

5: Fuck you GAF for hyping me up so much for this fucking piece of shit event. 0/10 Worse than PS3 E3 2006

well damn

forms

No Man's Sky, Bloodborne and some interesting indie stuff. I must say there are things I really, really am looking forward to.

xaosslug

They spend zero time talking about TV, sales, movies, social media, or any bullshit. Like 5 minutes on some MLB shit. Conference is pure games start to finish. 40+ games are shown - no CGI trailers (or very little IIRC), gameplay demos. 40+ games.

GAF's reaction: Disappointing. Never watching another conference.

Jesus, you cynical fucks.

go IN.

I will admit though, some of you got a little too overhyped. I did get like that too, to be honest.

The FFVII swerve is almost as good as Mark Henry's swerve on Cena.

Almost.

The key note was fine, I give it a 7/10, because I missed Fallout 4.

A lot of cool games, DOTT Remake being my personal favorite.

BUT

I waited almost a decade for a new FF VII - REMAKE, and what did I get? This:

Nut-kick-82983820136.jpeg

So ALTHOUGH the show was cool, I feel quite pissed right now.

NotLiquid

Well that was overall kind of a massive letdown honestly. P5 getting fucked over made me annoyed and there wasn't a lot else I felt like I haven't seen before.

Yakuza 5 was about the only announcement that excites me.

badb0y

I liked it, a lot of games were shown. Just because they weren't the games you wanted doesn't make the show shit. Get a grip of yourselves.

No matter what they show the FF7 salt is too high.

It's just the PC port? Massively missed opportunity.

I'm disappointed there was no Tomba or Parappa/Umjammer or Crash, but I guess there's still E3. SFV and the Uncharted demo made this show imho, they stood out the most to me. Order at least had a decent demo. I like Bloodborn's setting but I wonder if the boss fights will be more involving. Some of the indies look promising but I wish they showed more in-game for some of them.

A lot of the PS1 focus just seems to be on ports which isn't exactly a big draw to me; I still have a PS1 and can buy those games anytime and they'll play the same way. Was really hoping for a new mid/AAA sequel to a classic.

Overall I'd give it a 8/10, would've been a 9/10 if SFV news didn't slip yesterday. But I'm glad they decided to show at least some stuff; quite obvious they're saving many of the other big guns for E3.

FWIW I expect MS's show to be pretty similar; not a lot of megatons, a slip or two just days before it goes down. They need as much ammunition for E3 as they can muster once the holiday season is over.

SDCowboy

Nope. Ya'll just are crazy

Uncharted 4 Gameplay Demo
Game long Requested finally coming true - Yakuza 5, Yakuza 5+Dead Souls
Interesting game announcement going to cause waves - Street Fighter V (ruined yesterday, unfortunately)

Plus Day of Tentacle comin', and a bazillion other game announcements. Just that FFVII troll was bad, bad form lol

Bro, how is a PS3 game a megaton? lol

Cmagus

Tons of great games shown there certainly won't be a shortage of games. Really looking forward to Teraway, Until Dawn, Shovel knight. Also Hasimoto is officially the biggest troll in the games industry lol everytime he gets on stage.

This conference would've been absolutely looked upon differently had SFV not been leaked before and if SE just stayed home and made a press release for that FFVII port. Soured a lot of people with that stuff but fuck it Ill take SFV and suikoden on psn any fucking day of the week. That's how high my hype levels get and that's all ill need.

I hope Square Enix opens a school of trolling, cause they own the first PhD in it.

2: Fuck you Square-Enix for completely draining the sauce of my body by putting three images of FFVII and then feeding us more bullshit instead of giving us what we want
3: Fuck you Konami for working "so hard" on giving us Suikoden on Vita instead of doing something people could actually play
4: Fuck you Atlus for managing to only redo a title (Persona 5) since the 'reveal' of the game

5: Fuck you GAF for hyping me up so much for this fucking piece of shit event. 0/10 Worse than PS3 E3 2006

I think people take these things a bit too seriously.

Drayco21

Don't forget

6. Fuck you everyone at Sony for long past their prime ports and multiplatform games for the Vita and having the gall to pretend like they're important and that they still care about the platform. I'd almost rather have them get on-stage and confirm that it's dead than to keep having them slap the people who want it to actually have games in the face every conference.

Yep, too much hype.

Pretty great conference aside from the SE troll.

Yeah. Great show other than the utterly laughable Square-Enix.

Laughed SO HARD at the FFVII thing. It's like they don't understand why people wanted FFVII on PS3 (or 4 now I guess). People didn't want the PS1 (Ok, PC) version. They wanted a remastered one in the style of the PS3 tech demo. They wanted to re-experience FFVII in HD with amazing detail.

This.

They are probably still wondering if people want it...somehow....

Ikon

Not really impressed. Sure there's UC4 and Bloodborne but other than that? Tentatively interested in Until Dawn and the new Keita game.

Expected a quite a bit more.

Square can continue to fuck off.

meanspartan

TLG is dead guys. If we ever see it again, it'll mean they restarted it. If they were actively working on it with a real intention to release, we woulda gotten SOMETHING here or at E3 2014

Nope. Ya'll just are crazy

Uncharted 4 Gameplay Demo
Game long Requested finally coming true - Yakuza 5, Yakuza 5+Dead Souls
Interesting game announcement going to cause waves - Street Fighter V (ruined yesterday, unfortunately)

Plus Day of Tentacle comin', and a bazillion other game announcements. Just that FFVII troll was bad, bad form lol

LOL no. I'm sorry. That does not come EVEN CLOSE to fulfilling what most of the insiders were hyping. The majority of "insiders" were full of shit.

Top Bottom