• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Experience Event 2014 - 20 Years of gaming memories distilled

If you say that conference rocked and lived up to expectations you are lying to yourself 100%.

I've always had zero expectations, so it lived up to my expectations by the first half-hour.

The amazing thing is that some of you are capable of putting blind faith and expectations onto something completely non-tangible.

Lol at some of you for expecting some type of legendary show. Can't believe some of you are still expecting the Last Guardian or Crash, but I guess I you haven't learned by now you never will.

It was a good show though.
It is their 20th anniversary that they have been hoping. Not too much to expect at least one classic ip revival or new game from there first party. That was poor.

did they spell it out?
Sony: "we're going announced huge game (insert event)
GAF HYPE: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Shenmue 3. Last Guardian. Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Half Life 3
*starts to snowball*

Personally I had my expectations in check but when I hear Sony hosting big event about 20th fucking anniversary of Playstation fan show, I can see people would imagine multiple big PS4 announcements.

Cartman86

Banned
That was bad. I was cringing through so much of it. I have a hard time with fake people on stage already, but a crowd of fan reactions? I can't help but look at the faces of the people who are bored. I'm constantly thinking about the money and time they spent to come see this. Games really have become part of the gross mainstream marketing machine. It's really embarrassing. To at the same time feature little bits of what has become basically the only creative side of the industry with indie games is just bizarre. Those games just feel above being at such a setting. I don't mean that in a stuck up way either. I mean it's literally awkward to watch a show like this have games like that alongside a grown man saying "fucktard."

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
the event was way too long, for way too many already seen and known games, but I liked it
best, street fighter announcement, and drawn to death
good bloodborne and uncharted demoes
bad the order gameplay and, well...FFVII..........

Amir0x

Banned
Bro, how is a PS3 game a megaton? lol

Megaton is subjective; and that's your label. I never said anything about megaton. In fact, this is what I said:

Amir0x said:
● 1. Things we've been waiting for previously announced to make appearance
● 2. Something that was much requested finally coming true
● 3. And some announcement for a franchise that is going to be really interesting for people and cause some waves

1. Uncharted 4 gameplay demo
2. Yakuza 5, Yakuza 4+Dead Souls. If you've followed GAF for any period of time, you know how long it has been requested those games come out in North America. It's a long running GAF joke.
3. Street Fighter V + Ultra SFIV PS4 announcement which caused some waves

And then all the other miscellaneous announcements. Megaton is what you guys kept going, WorthyEdge was banging that drum.

I said that's what I heard, and lo' and behold, that was what I heard :p

pompidu

I've got a few things to say

1: Fuck Jaffe for talking so much. I don't care about your shit games anymore.
2: Fuck you Square-Enix for completely draining the sauce of my body by putting three images of FFVII and then feeding us more bullshit instead of giving us what we want
3: Fuck you Konami for working "so hard" on giving us Suikoden on Vita instead of doing something people could actually play
4: Fuck you Atlus for managing to only redo a title (Persona 5) since the 'reveal' of the game

and last but definitely not least:

5: Fuck you GAF for hyping me up so much for this fucking piece of shit event. 0/10 Worse than PS3 E3 2006

Christ you are an embarassment to this community. I know its your opnion and all that but your full on hyperbole mode now. Your like a 10 year old throwing a tantrum.

2: Fuck you Square-Enix for completely draining the sauce of my body by putting three images of FFVII and then feeding us more bullshit instead of giving us what we want
3: Fuck you Konami for working "so hard" on giving us Suikoden on Vita instead of doing something people could actually play
4: Fuck you Atlus for managing to only redo a title (Persona 5) since the 'reveal' of the game

5: Fuck you GAF for hyping me up so much for this fucking piece of shit event. 0/10 Worse than PS3 E3 2006

SMH. What an embarrassing meltdown, amongst a number of other embarrassing meltdowns. Videogames, everybody, videogames.

I have no fucking clue why you idiots hyped yourself up with completely unrealistic announcements, especially for a conference that wasn't at a major show. Personally, I went into it expecting very little (Sony showing off their already announced first party stuff and SF5) and was amazed at how great that conference was. The Yakuza 5 and Suikoden 1+2 ports alone made my day, let alone some of the other great stuff like Day of the Tentacle HD, Uncharted 4 gameplay, Bloodborne gameplay, The Order gameplay, Super Time Force Ultra and a few of the other games.

Bluenova

Neo Member
AHAha ^^, wow man. that is a tantrum... relax it will be ok.

I feel sorry for all you cynical fucks here.
Damn, what it takes to satisfy you people?
They just showed a HUGE amount of games for everyone's taste. Damn.
Loved the conference. Genuine. No bullshit. Lots of games.
Happy PS3, PS4 & Vita user here!
Bolded > i agree.

Good conference really, games of all types.

Speevy

Banned

tumblr_ma8jwgdXZA1rgquhco1_500.gif

Zukkoyaki

Anyone disappointed has no one to blame but themselves. ALWAYS go into a gaming event with low/realistic expectations.

Uncharted 4 gameplay, Street Fighter V, Edith Finch, and Sony San Diego's projects (MLB, Kill Strain, Drawn to Death) were more than enough to satisfy me!

Sonys gotta know that would piss everyone off. Why would they even allow that?

because they are still as clueless as ever. i couldn't believe my fucking eyes when i realized it was just the same old FF7. people are right to get mad about that announcement, it really was kind of cruel. it's the type of announcement that should've been handled in a blog post or something, just saying hey btw the old FF7 will soon be playable on PS4 kthxbye. NOT like this, presenting it in front of a huge audience who are expecting big news...

ughhh.. left such a bad taste in my mouth :/

haha wow, some mad ether from Sweden :p i agree with you on most of those accounts though.

Furyous

What in the shit are some of y'all talking about?

SOMEBODY HELP ME HOLD ALL OF THESE EXCLUSIVE GAMES. Everywhere I look there's an exclusive. I feel like a saudi billionaire at an international stripper convention because there's fun everywhere in all sizes.

The Final Fantasy 7 remake is cool but what about FF8? Let us create Triple Triad leagues.

DEM 'SCLUSIVES ARE EVERYWHERE LIKE STARS IN THE SKY. It feels like every hour theres's something new on the horizon.

Sony said fuck it and announced more quality games today. This event is like an end of the year Sony exclusive E3. Microsoft has to counter this somehow someway.

Virdix

enjoyable presentation overall.

thoughts:

- uncharted 4 looked okay, but didn't blow me away. I'm sure people who like UC games will be happy. also appreciate long gameplay rather than a bunch of bullshit and cutscenes.

- bloodborne is going to be a classic. show stealer.

- still holding out hope for the order, but good lord what is with the camera angles and melee moves? if you're going to have a melee QTE, basically, check how naughty dog does it and keep the fucking camera a bit more consistent and connected rather than just cutting the camera to various cinematic angles. seriously, fuck off.

- no man's sky continues to spark my imagination, but I have to hold out judgement until they actually dare show us what the actual game is. for the immense hype and any number of teaser trailers, we still haven't seen what you actually do in the game or what that actually looks like, or what the players even look like.

- disappointed at no capcom announcement other than SF5.

- I don't know how or why david jaffe got a spot on stage for this, but if you're going to have a man child in a tshirt act like a 14 year old on stage, and then show us his game that appears made by a 14 year old, can you put it somewhere in the middle rather than ending the show on it? what is that?

Yeah, I'm really lost on No Man's Sky, he landed on a planet, sat there gained some units and then took off. That's not something that excites me, I need to see more.

NolbertoS

This sums up the Sony conference for me. Laughing at the ultimate trolling by SE, laughing at not revealing where to buy the PS4 LE console after the conference and just a bland conference in general. Wanted new trailer of newer games, not demo or gameplay of games coming out in 4-5 months time. P5 reveal was alright, but yeah and David Jaffe pretending to be a the average gamer with his f-bombs isn't cute or funny.

JNA

Banned

This meltdown if nothing else is definitely legendary tier. Lol

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
As a Vita fan that was easily the best Sony presentation this year. I am satisfied. Revelations 2, Geometry Wars and Bastion Vita! PS4 had some good stuff too. That last game looked especially cool. Uncharted 4 looked underwhelming as fuck though. About as impressive as The Order. Kind of expected but still.

so dissapointed in this Show. I mean of course its my own fault getting hyped and its only a game conference but damm

1.All those not legit Insiders who talked so much the last days , were making it look, as if Sony would really drop the bombs.
I mean if you say 4 Megatons or even speak about Gigaton, than this wasnt defenitely the show you are talking about.
And considering Yakuza 5 a 2012 game as a Megaton? Really...For the fans its great, but all in all this is a mediocre announcement.

Its my fault like im said, but also the last time i actually believe those people who hype up event with their secret games (They know about)

2.I didnt expect a FF7,TLG,Shenmue or Agent..
But no Ratchet & Clank, Rime, Uncharted Collection, Type 0 Version on Vita,

3. It was the 20.Anniversary of Playstation. Sony was talking about bringing back the old franchises in the past, and then nothing??

So dissapointed -__-

giphy.gif

Thought it was an impressive conference, a lot of content. I'll agree the FF7 was disappointing, I was at least hoping "ok, so when are they going to show the updated version!" but never came... I'll admit I did not go into this with any real expectations, I had no idea what could potentially be announced.

Jaffe's new game looks like it has potential, but Im not sure if I dig the lined paper environments, but maybe that is just for one map.

No Man's Sky looks amazing as usual, I hope they can pull this off, Sony really seems to have confidence in their idea.

The ones saying this was bad must be high as a kite. I mean, what would anyone have to do to satisfy your expectations? Criticism is always interesting, jaded cynicism is so uncool...

You know what? I'm happy. Grim fandango just over a month away, yakuza 5, street fighter, another double fine remake, and as for ff7? I'll take the port if it has trophy support definitely :)
No mans sky looks good, uncharted looks good,as does bloodborne. Until dawn also looked great

Very very good. 10/10 from me

sora87

I stand by my assessment that the keynote was incredible. Uncharted alone was unbelievable.

It was alright. But I didn't see much of a celebration for what made Playstation over the past 20 years.

The Square thing was basically a huge slap in our faces too.

Tubie

The show was great if you had realistic expectations. All I hoped for was in game UC4 footage and I got way more than I expected.

I can't believe some people seriously expected FF7R, Shenmue 3, Crash and TLG.

Top Bottom