• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Ireland clarifies tweet: ''N. Sane Trilogy will be coming to PS4 first''

orochi91

If it's coming to their system, that's good for them. Instead of spending money trying to get Activision to remaster Crash on their console, they should spend money and remaster other famous PS franchises they own. Ape Escape, Medieval, Legend of Dragoon, Twisted Metal 2, etc. We're already getting Parappa Remastered later this summer.
Yea, that a great point.

They're sitting on several popular dormant IPs that they ought to start reviving.

With the age of 3rd-party exclusives coming to an end, 1st-party efforts will be critical in differentiating Sony's console from the others.

Yea, that a great point.

They're sitting on several popular dormant IPs that they ought to start reviving.

With the age of 3rd-party exclusives coming to an end, 1st-party efforts will be critical in differentiating Sony's console from the others.

I hope you're not expecting more then HD remasters.

Battlechili

Banned
What's the Nier debacle?
Square Enix won't advertise or say anything about the PC version of the game. Recently they put up a video on their press site announcing the release date for the PC version as being on March 10 alongside the PS4 release date of March 7. A couple news sites uploaded this. Soon after SE took down that video from their press news site and uploaded a new one only showing the PS4 release date, however the encoding times show that the version showing both dates was made AFTER the version showing only the PS4 version, which means that it likely wasn't an accident that it was made. However, SE hasn't commented on this and won't say a word about it, only advertising the PS4 version.

Because of this, people theorize that Sony paid SE to only advertise the PS4 version. Also as the other person said, Sony called the game an exclusive during a stream they hosted after the PC version was announced.

bennibop

Not sure what is happening with this game, was never announced as an exclusive though.
But didn't the developer tweet that it.was exclusive earlier today?

Also not sure why Sony Ireland would have the low down on this game, so certainly would not ne paying much attention to that source either way.

bennibop

Square Enix won't advertise or say anything about the PC version of the game. Recently they put up a video on their press site announcing the release date for the PC version as being on March 10 alongside the PS4 release date of March 7. A couple news sites uploaded this. Soon after SE took down that video from their press news site and uploaded a new one only showing the PS4 release date, however the encoding times show that the version showing both dates was made AFTER the version showing only the PS4 version, which means that it likely wasn't an accident that it was made. However, SE hasn't commented on this and won't say a word about it, only advertising the PS4 version.

Because of this, people theorize that Sony paid SE to only advertise the PS4 version. Also as the other person said, Sony called the game an exclusive during a stream they hosted after the PC version was announced.

Barely a debacle, just se rectify a mistake it made due to marketing agreement.

fernoca

Not sure what is happening with this game, was never announced as an exclusive though.

Also not sure why Sony Ireland would have the low down on this game, so certainly would not ne paying much attention to that source either way.
Sony Ireland tweeted it was exclusive yesterday, deleted the tweet, and now clarified. :p

Sakujou

Banned
is this actually surprising?

we have final fantasy, tekken, street fighter, mega man and tons of other games already available on other systems than the original. crash was already on gc and xbox, i dont see a problem crashs original trilogy hitting other systems.
my problem is more that of the quality and the playability will be the same.
its hard for me to justify that.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Back then activision and sony weren't partners at all, if psabr would have released today he would be in. Sony and ND used crash without ever mentioning activision in uc4 .

Still don't get how Sony could get around the Crash in UC4 thing without mentioning Acti, as Acti owns the OG Crash games.

It was Sony Ireland not the developer who earlier tweeted it was exclusive
They then deleted that tweet
Now they put up the new tweet saying first on ps4

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is just embarrassing.

They couldn't even lockdown an HD project (of their most famous gaming icon) to their own platform. Even they must have known how absurd that situation is, hence the total silence regarding potential platforms.

With this, alongside the NieR debacle, I just have to question wtf is up with Sony's current 3rd-party strategy; it reflects very poorly on them.

To be fair, Acti is perhaps the biggest third-party publisher in the industry, financially speaking, and has historically ignored the idea of arbitrary perpetual exclusivity. There isn't a realistic offer Sony could have made that would have compelled Acti to give up control over its own product.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Cloud was bad enough.

Honestly the fact that Smash had Snake but Playstation All-star got Raiden and only because they wanted to promote Metal Gear Rising, is pretty bad.

Smash getting Cloud was just them trolling, as unlike Snake he's more connected to the Playstation.

Honestly though Sony didn't even try with Playstation All-star and it shows.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Honestly the fact that Smash had Snake but Playstation All-star got Raiden and only because they wanted to promote Metal Gear Rising, is pretty bad.

Smash getting Cloud was just them trolling, as unlike Snake he's more connected to the Playstation.

Honestly though Sony didn't even try with Playstation All-star and it shows.

All-Stars happened about two or three years too soon. Although waiting for the success of the PS4 would have put them in direct competition with Smash 4. That would have been entertaining.

Izuna

Banned
Hmm
C4yzlqdVYAAb9j3.jpg

o____o

How old is this person

They couldn't even lockdown an HD project (of their most famous gaming icon) to their own platform. Even they must have known how absurd that situation is, hence the total silence regarding potential platforms.

With this, alongside the NieR debacle, I just have to question wtf is up with Sony's current 3rd-party strategy; it reflects very poorly on them.

Crash hasn't been a "Sony thing" for over a decade. People really need to let go of this line of thinking. Doesn't matter if the original trilogy was, the series had a very long life outside of that ecosystem. The only way it was staying exclusive is if Sony either funded it (good) or if they paid for the exclusivity (bad).

The property has been associated with multiple platforms for YEARS, and this weird idea that remasters of games have to be exclusive if the originals were exclusive is ignorant and bad.

Also, I JUST considered the idea of Crash being in Smash. You know what to do, Sakurai.

gdt

This recent 3rd party marketing exclusive stuff is silly, but Sony is on a roll right now imo. An avalance of exclusive or console exclusive games all year. What they are doing is annoying (PC gamers mostly) but its working.

Looks like another game that I like might be heading over to PC just like the rest of the others (examples):

• Bioshock
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • Dark Souls III
  • Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
  • Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
  • Double Dragon IV
  • Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Legend of Kay Anniversary
  • Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite
  • Monster Boy & the Cursed Kingdom
  • Mortal Kombat XL
  • NieR: Automata
  • Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
  • Pac-Man Championship Edition
  • The Pinball Arcade
  • Rayman Legends
  • Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (Risky Beats Edition)
  • Shenmue III
  • Shovel Knight
  • Sonic Mania
  • Tekken 7
  • Toukiden: Kiwami
  • Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
  • Valkyria Chronicles Remastered

Will this be next?

Looks like another game that's supposed to be "PS4 exclusive" might be heading over to PC just like the rest of the others that I like (examples):

• Bioshock
  • Dark Souls III
  • Double Dragon IV
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Mortal Kombat XL
  • The Pinball Arcade
  • Rayman Legends
  • Shenmue III
  • Shovel Knight
  • Sonic Mania
  • Tekken 7

Will this be next?

Not saying PC wont happen but PC is literally the least likely possible platform (except vita)

Even if it doesn't, that's another less game to add to the PS4 library, especially as they'll most likely be a Switch version, hopefully.

Your list is odd. Many of the games you mentioned were never playstation 4 exclusive to begin with and you even include MP titles from "last" generation. And having these titles multiplatform dosen't mean they are not apart of playstation library that means that they are in addition to all of the actual announced exclusives.

This entire thread is very odd. Many didn't realize that Sony didn't own crash ip?

farisr

Looks like another game that I like might be heading over to PC just like the rest of the others (examples):

• Bioshock
  • Dark Souls III
  • Double Dragon IV
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Mortal Kombat XL
  • The Pinball Arcade
  • Rayman Legends
  • Shenmue III
  • Shovel Knight
  • Sonic Mania
  • Tekken 7
  • Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

Will this be next?
Is this a parody post or a reference to something? Cause only 4 or 5 of those 28(?) listed games were revealed as/believed to be PS4 exclusives for a certain amount of time. And if you're saying they belong to franchises traditionally were exclusive to PS, I don't see anything there that already hadn't shown up on other platforms last gen. so...
Even if it doesn't, that's another less game to add to the PS4 library, especially as they'll most likely be a Switch version, hopefully.
Yeah, it's gotta be a reference to some other post, because otherwise, yikes.

Erv

really hope it comes to xbox cause i was gonna be sad if had to miss this. A lot of people don't believe me when I say this is one of the only few reasons I want a ps4

Your list is odd. Many of the games you mentioned were never playstation 4 exclusive to begin with and you even include MP titles from "last" generation. And having these titles multiplatform dosen't mean they are not apart of playstation library that means that they are in addition to all of the actual announced exclusives.

Is this a parody post or a reference to something? Cause only 4 or 5 of those 28(?) listed games were revealed as/believed to be PS4 exclusives for a certain amount of time. And if you're saying they belong to franchises traditionally were exclusive to PS, I don't see anything there that already hadn't shown up on other platforms last gen. so...

The reason I listed some last gen games is because I have yet to play them & that they're all on PS4 & PC now. Basically trying to catch up. Plus I didn't say that all of them were PS4 exclusive; Read the edit.

Yeah, it's gotta be a reference to some other post, because otherwise, yikes.

What I'm saying, is that there may be no reason to buy it on PS4 now that it may be coming onto other platforms such as Switch & PC.

iMerc

Sometimes I feel that people forgot that FFVII launched on PC as well in that generation.

the pc was an afterthought, as far as FFVII was concerned. it was developed by square purely to see if they could milk anymore sales out of the title. remember, the only other two platforms this game could be released on was the saturn & the n64, and those were def no go's.
this port only came into fruition after FFVII already shot its load on the psx ecosystem.
i'm not sure if you were around in those days, but FFVII wasn't just the posterchild of the Playstation 'juggernaught', it was the symbol that represented the breakdown of relations between nintendo & squaresoft.
in short, this game fundamentally highlighted nintendo's biggest hubris in that generation.

FFVII & playstation are so closely linked to each other, that of course it would be shocking to see that cloud was in smash, and further to that point, that he couldn't even be secured for a sony brawler that celebrated mascots linked to the playstation market.

personally, i really don't care. i owned a playstation that gen too, and i absolutely loved it, but I can see why this sort of 'thing' may seem like a big deal to many -especially as far as "video game politics" are concerned.

Cranster

Banned
Like so:

I bought a PS4. So I'm invested in the PS brand.

I don't have an Xbox One. Therefore, I'm not invested in that brand.

People thinking they need to buy a PS4 to play the Crash remakes is better for me, because that means more money for the brand I'm invested in, and thus more/better services that brand can offer to me.

Crash remakes being available on XB1/Switch (competitors) would mean less money for the brand I'm invested in, and more for the brands that I'm not. Not sure why I'd want that for these particular games.

Financially, some games are better off as exclusives. Gears being kept exclusive to 360 when going multi platform was an option is a good example of this.

Basic economics really, but uh, I guess "fanboy" is easier for children to grasp
Your entire statement is sad, but as for your Gears comparison specifically it was not really an option for it to be exclusive (the first game was ported to Windows Vista) as Microsoft was the franchises publisher. So that guaranteed it's exclusivity until Microsoft purchased the IP from Epic Games.

If your going to make a comparison, make sure you know what your even talking about first.

LordKano

Like so:

People thinking they need to buy a PS4 to play the Crash remakes is better for me, because that means more money for the brand I'm invested in, and thus more/better services that brand can offer to me.

Crash remakes being available on XB1/Switch (competitors) would mean less money for the brand I'm invested in, and more for the brands that I'm not. Not sure why I'd want that for these particular games.

Financially, some games are better off as exclusives. Gears being kept exclusive to 360 when going multi platform was an option is a good example of this.

Basic economics really, but uh, I guess "fanboy" is easier for children to grasp

Jesus fucking Christ how can you post something like that and not think that you may have gone completely batshit insane in your reasoning

scream

Like so:

Don't let anyone put you down, you are a hero and I like you. Stay strong!

Like so:

Fanboy much

I don't know why people want that game to be exclusive. It's not utilizing the power of the PS4 and it's not even a system seller by any means. Let other platform owners enjoy it!

black070

I didn't say that all of them were PS4 exclusive; Read the edit.

giphy.gif

You said it before editing it, hence the responses.
CrispyBoar said:
Looks like another game that's supposed to be "PS4 exclusive" might be heading over to PC just like the rest of the others that I like

Even with the edit, your comment is bizarre. Why even go to the trouble of listing a load of third party releases and make a point of them not being exclusive ?

Izuna

Banned
Like so:

Are you for real?

You would want a one console future?

Top Bottom