• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Ireland clarifies tweet: ''N. Sane Trilogy will be coming to PS4 first''

PC's fine I guess, but I hope this doesn't come to Xbox/Nintendo.

These particular games are so integral to PS' history that it'd be a terrible look for the brand if they were playable on competitor consoles. Same reason I'd prefer not to see Gears come to PlayStation (back when Epic owned the rights & that was totally possible).

I remember when I used to have this mindset, I acted like that in public too, damn I took huge L's back then.
It's just games man.

That being said, I would double dip or buy mainly a switch version tbh

Look at the dates compared to last years skylanders crash bandicoot exclusivity with sony.
This year will be exactly the same.
Sony first then nintendo/xbox 3-4 months later.
Activision would be insane to pass up the holidays, unless sony gave them a lot of money but if it was a big timed exlusive, like a year, then sony would come out and say so.
but just like last year activision waited and then told everyone skylanders crash would be on xbox and nintendo a few months later.

Yup. No way would Sony pay them to miss the holidays.

Activision didn't wait. The day Crash was announced for Skylanders it was known the figures would work in other versions. It's just they were exclusive to the Playstation starter packs for a while.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/06/crash_bandicoot_will_be_playable_in_the_wii_u_port_of_skylanders_imaginators

maxcriden

This is one hell of a warped point of view. Ever consider that Crash being on multiple platforms gives it a greater chance of success, thus giving Activision more reason to invest in the IP?

Oh, I see what you did there. Yes. It would be pure twinsanity to keep it only on PS4.

meirl

Banned
And then PC only? It would be cool for Xbox owners to play the trilogy, but it'll be strange seeing original PS1 exclusives available on Xbox.

If this would be the case, Then they would say "Console Exclusive". So its coming to XBOX ONE.

These particular games are so integral to PS' history that it'd be a terrible look for the brand if they were playable on competitor consoles. Same reason I'd prefer not to see Gears come to PlayStation (back when Epic owned the rights & that was totally possible).

Hoping someone won't be able to play a game.
Wow.

you should probably read the post you quoted again

as for mgs4, kojima gave a reason why its not available im gonna go ahead and believe him over some weird fanboy on gaf

Translation: I have no business sense, and believe whatever PR talk is thrown at me.

Yikes, and I'm the fanboy?

timlot

Banned
Definitive Edition only on Scorpio.

hqdefault.jpg

Translation: I have no business sense, and believe whatever PR talk is thrown at me.

Yikes, and I'm the fanboy?
Yes you are lol.

Business sense would be buying stock in said company. That's an investment. A video game console is not. It's a box to play games stop trying to make it more than that.

iMerc

in general, if there is a specific agreement between a hardware manufacture & a 3rd party for an exclusive deal, then cool.

other than that, a 'multi platform' business model si the best way to go if you're a third party.
i can't believe there are people that actually get a kick out of DENYING other markets/platforms specific titles, simply because it 'personally' works out for them, as an individual. what an ignorant way to look at things. that applies to all aspects of life -not just videogames.

this philosophy is archaic & embarrassing.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It's not clear to me why Crash Bandicoot being multiplatform means less revenue for Sony, unless you believe that a) Crash Bandicoot is a substantial system seller or b) a significant number of people firstly own a PS4 and an Xbone and would preferentially buy it on Xbone over PS4. Both of these seem like implausible assumptions to me; in fact I would imagine there are more people who own a PC and PS4 and would preferentially buy on PC over PS4 (myself, for instance).

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
The dumbest thing about Sony hiding timed exclusivity is that timed exclusivity doesn't hurt them. At all.

They're the market leader by a mile.

Microsoft has a reason to hide it. Sony doesn't.

Good. It would've been better for Sony to acquire Crash back when it first came out, but they didn't. That this is releasing elsewhere is better for everyone else.

EBreda

Lol. "Please don't release this and that on the competitor. I mean the best".

The dumbest thing about Sony hiding timed exclusivity is that timed exclusivity doesn't hurt them. At all.

Agree with this 100%.
There is no shame in saying it's an exclusive until the holidays.
By not parading that fact they are simply doing nintendo and microsoft a big favour.

But on the flipside there is still shame for letting activision get hold of the license in the first place, plus it changes that sign they had in the ps4 trailer.
It now should be out of the trash and on a 3 signal traffic light with sony,nintendo and microsoft lights.

Majine

Banned
Good, now I don't have to get a used PS4 of fear that I might get one with GhostOfSparta305s signature in blood.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
That feeling when Crash Bandicoot becomes one of the most desperately sought after games in 2017.

Imagine you are a Sony fanboy who wants Nintendo to die and Mario, mascot of Nintendo consoles, to appear on Playstation console

But in reality Crash, (former) mascot of Playstation, is appearing on (maybe)Nintendo's console instead

mejin

It doesn't matter for them. Game was announced, playstation community is happy. Period.

The people who desperately want to know if its exclusive or not, its not their public (yet) anyway.

watdaeff4

People are openly hoping this stays exclusive to Playstation 4?

butwhy.gif

FFXIII all over again. LOL.
Plus the mental gymnastics being performed to justify that Sony is being intentionally misleading.

SonyGAF never fails to amuse.

ultimota

sweet i'll double/triple/whatever dip this release :) i want more old school style games so all the support i can give i will :) (plus get to play through it at least 3 times ;))

Kraq

I understand where the people who wish for this to remain a PlayStation exclusive are coming from, as Crash 1-3 & CTR are seen as some of the PS1's most famous and important titles. I'm one of those people who, if he had the money, would only buy certain cars in certain colours, i.e. Ferrari in red, Bentley in green. I see it as more of a traditional thing than anything else.

That said, Crash needs all the exposure he can get right now. He doesn't really have the luxury of going exclusive after starring in many, many terrible games since Naughty Dog left the series. The only ones I can recommend are the two platforming GBA games which are actually pretty good, and just so happen to have been made by the same people who are doing this remakemasterplus. Activision are justified in bringing him to as many platforms as possible, to at the very least gauge how popular his games would be nowadays.

I do think this will be a significant title, contrary to some people on this forum. This trilogy does seem to be doing the rounds amongst casual audiences from what I've seen on my Facebook timeline and from speaking to others. I think the timing and price are good too, just in time for summer for when the kids leave school. I also think that Sony will focus on the family this Christmas, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a PS4 w/ Crash and Ratchet as a bundle at a cheap price, but that's just my prediction.

Joal

Neo Member
I loved Crash Bandicoot at the time of PlayStation and I'd love the idea to play again the full trilogy on my Xbox One.

I hope it becomes a reality!

Darkroronoa

Why are there people who want this to be an exclusive? Not everyone, who played crash back then on psx, play or own a playstation console anymore.

Top Bottom