• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Meeting announced. September 7th 3PM ET (PS4 Neo Reveal)

Right before the Neo's unveil, how do you feel about the system?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My PS meeting predictions:
Sony opens with the usual montage of amazing games coming out this year and early next year.... The crowd claps and a few faces show disappointment preparing for the usual conference.... Phil Harrison takes the stage announcing that he is back with Sony after hearing of the superior specs of neo compared to Scorpio. The crowd goes crazy begging to see what Sony is now calling the PS ark of the covenant. Sony talks briefly how they sent a team of Sony ninjas to find the Ark of the covenant just before launching the PS1. Sony believed the Ark held the secrets to creating the most powerful console of all time. Many years of failure led Sony to clone Nathan Drake into a real human who discovered the Ark last year. After stealing the Ark Nate sent for back up as Microsoft employees caught wind of the discovery. A team of Sony Engineers led by Mark Cerny developed a Genetically modified version of Bog Bosses DNA extracted directly from MGS1's game code to clone a new snake they code named Neo-Snake. Shuhei Yoshida snuck into the undisclosed location along side neo snake to successfully sneak Nathan drake and the ark past Microsoft agents. At this point half the crowd is having seizures from the disbelief and a clean up crew is sent in to clean up all the vomit seeping closer and closer to the front row.... Helicopters are now surrounding the building along with hostage negotiators pleading with Sony to stop the conference and let the attendees out. Sony refuses and Phil now brings to the stage Ken Kutaragi..... This is where things get bat sh*t crazy Ken announces that today he will be leaving Sony.... He takes a knee and Phil pulls out a sword..... The entire place grows silent confused as to what is happening.... Phil
Raises his blade and cuts Ken's head off. Phil announces that Ken's years of service to Sony and his selfless sacrifice that was witnessed to millions watching online today has secured Sony the exclusive rights to the Onimusha IP. He cleans his blade off and a trailer is shown. Is this Neo footage?! The graphics are unreal, the PC players in the crowd start throwing up blood in disbelief the PC master race is wounded. Phil announced that the blade that took Kens life would be rendered in game using Neo technology and available to those who preorder the new Onimusha. Now it's Kaz Hirai's turn to take the stage. He calmly steps over Ken's body as he's welcomed with a standing ovation and a very British hand shake with Phil. Kaz announces that when he was tasked with restructuring Sony he knew PlayStation was vital to the companies success. He's pleased to announce today that Sony will now exclusivity be working on PlayStation and that all other branches in the company are now no longer a priority for them. The crowd starts growing tired and chants Neo, Neo, Neo!!! Show us the Neo!!!!! Kaz takes a bow and says as you wish..... The ground opens up and a box with a cloak covering it is now sitting in front of Kaz. A cloak?! What could this mean?! The lights get dim and Kaz starts to rip his face off.... He falls to the floor and arises as no other than KOJI MOTHER F*CKEN IGARASHI!! It was him all along, the crowd stands once again in applause he grabs the cloak which now starts to look really familiar could it be?! Yes it is, it's Alucard's cape! Igarashi announces that all PS neo's will come with a copy of Castlevania: Symphony of the night 2!!!! The FBI smashes through the ceiling and instead of arresting Igarashi they bow in his honor. At this point the Internet explodes! At least half of all nations are dead as their computer screens explode. Russia and the US have no choice now but to join forces and try to stop the Japanese power known as Sony. Nukes are flying towards New York and Sony has roughly 2 minutes to unveil Neo. Colin Moriarty and Greg Miller rush to the stage knowing time is dire. Colin alongside Greg announce that there is a new world order and that all who bow to Neo and pledge allegiance will receive 20 years of PS+ for free. The few people still alive in attendance bow and Neo is finally revealed. Neo sports 10 Gpu's with 15 gazillion cores that you plug directly into your brain. Once plugged into the Neo (Matrix) you transcend your body and are now one with the Neo. The computing power at this point is almost incalculable but Sony gives a rough estimate of around 2 billion gazilliflops.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I hope the livestream is available to watch after the show. Since I'll be at work at the time, I'd like to get off work and see the immediate details on Neogaf and then watch the show for myself.

X-Factor

Still no stream link announced and only 3 days away?

Could the Playstation Meeting end up being something much less interesting than a NEO reveal?

Volotaire

My PS meeting predictions:
Sony opens with the usual montage of amazing games coming out this year and early next year.... The crowd claps and a few faces show disappointment preparing for the usual conference.... Phil spencer takes the stage announcing that he is back with Sony after hearing of the superior specs of neo compared to Scorpio. The crowd goes crazy begging to see what Sony is now calling the PS ark of the covenant. Sony talks briefly how they sent a team of Sony ninjas to find the Ark of the covenant just before launching the PS1. Sony believed the Ark held the secrets to creating the most powerful console of all time. Many years of failure led Sony to clone Nathan Drake into a real human who discovered the Ark last year. After stealing the Ark Nate sent for back up as Microsoft employees caught wind of the discovery. A team of Sony Engineers led by Mark Cerny developed a Genetically modified version of Bog Bosses DNA extracted directly from MGS1's game code to clone a new snake they code named Neo-Snake. Shuhei Yoshida snuck into the undisclosed location along side neo snake to successfully sneak Nathan drake and the ark past Microsoft agents. At this point half the crowd is having seizures from the disbelief and a clean up crew is sent in to clean up all the vomit seeping closer and closer to the front row.... Helicopters are now surrounding the building along with hostage negotiators pleading with Sony to stop the conference and let the attendees out. Sony refuses and Phil now brings to the stage Ken Kutaragi..... This is where things get bat sh*t crazy Ken announces that today he will be leaving Sony.... He takes a knee and Phil pulls out a sword..... The entire place grows silent confused as to what is happening.... Phil
Raises his blade and cuts Ken's head off. Phil announces that Ken's years of service to Sony and his selfless sacrifice that was witnessed to millions watching online today has secured Sony the exclusive rights to the Onimusha IP. He cleans his blade off and a trailer is shown. Is this Neo footage?! The graphics are unreal, the PC players in the crowd start throwing up blood in disbelief the PC master race is wounded. Phil announced that the blade that took Kens life would be rendered in game using Neo technology and available to those who preorder the new Onimusha. Now it's Kaz Hirai's turn to take the stage. He calmly steps over Ken's body as he's welcomed with a standing ovation and a very British hand shake with Phil. Kaz announces that when he was tasked with restructuring Sony he knew PlayStation was vital to the companies success. He's pleased to announce today that Sony will now exclusivity be working on PlayStation and that all other branches in the company are now no longer a priority for them. The crowd starts growing tired and chants Neo, Neo, Neo!!! Show us the Neo!!!!! Kaz takes a bow and says as you wish..... The ground opens up and a box with a cloak covering it is now sitting in front of Kaz. A cloak?! What could this mean?! The lights get dim and Kaz starts to rip his face off.... He falls to the floor and arises as no other than KOJI MOTHER F*CKEN IGARASHI!! It was him all along, the crowd stands once again in applause he grabs the cloak which now starts to look really familiar could it be?! Yes it is, it's Alucard's cape! Igarashi announces that all PS neo's will come with a copy of Castlevania: Symphony of the night 2!!!! The FBI smashes through the ceiling and instead of arresting Igarashi they bow in his honor. At this point the Internet explodes! At least half of all nations are dead as their computer screens explode. Russia and the US have no choice now but to join forces and try to stop the Japanese power known as Sony. Nukes are flying towards New York and Sony has roughly 2 minutes to unveil Neo. Colin Moriarty and Greg Miller rush to the stage knowing time is dire. Colin alongside Greg announce that there is a new world order and that all who bow to Neo and pledge allegiance will receive 20 years of PS+ for free. The few people still alive in attendance bow and Neo is finally revealed. Neo sports 10 Gpu's with 15 gazillion cores that you plug directly into your brain. Once plugged into the Neo (Matrix) you transcend your body and are now one with the Neo. The computing power at this point is almost incalculable but Sony gives a rough estimate of around 2 billion gazilliflops.

You know what? I think you've even beaten some of the best Nintendo fan fiction.

Favourite part was the very British handshake haha.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
2K is a resolution, not a frame rate. It's also a meaningless distinction in the context of television standards since it's not a native HDTV standard, so anybody talking about a console connected to a consumer television who talks about 2K almost certainly means 1080p. In that vein 4K is widely used by television manufacturers as a shorthand for 2160p which is the relevant UHD/SUHD standard.
In this case 2K is referring to the 2K Sports game NBA2K :p

Kyoufu

Still no stream link announced and only 3 days away?

Could the Playstation Meeting end up being something much less interesting than a NEO reveal?

They're going to walk on stage, announce that PS4 Slim will be released RIGHT MEOW and then drop mic and fade to black.

Lol if it was going to launch next week then they would have had to ship it out to stores and it would have leaked. Maybe the slim will launch next week.

onQ123

hqdefault.jpg

Venom Fox

Banned
That's starting to conflate multiple things. Games can run in a wide range of software-defined modes based on anything they want. Easy mode? Hard mode? Stereo mode? Surround mode? Most games have logic that differentiates between these just like a Neo title will be able to distinguish between a 1080p display and a 4K display.

... but what we've seen leaked indicates that the hardware has two very distinct execution modes: Base Mode and Neo Mode. The former is used to approximate the performance and resources available to an original PS4 / PS4 slim to execute titles that were certified on older hardware and therefore may have exhibited quirks when running on Neo hardware without this kind of hardware throttling.

Neo mode makes a significant difference in full clock speed, bandwidth, and GPU resources. All titles released in the near future and beyond will have to be certified and will not have the option to run in Base Mode except on non-Neo hardware.

2K is a resolution, not a frame rate. It's also a meaningless distinction in the context of television standards since it's not a native HDTV standard, so anybody talking about a console connected to a consumer television who talks about 2K almost certainly means 1080p. In that vein 4K is widely used by television manufacturers as a shorthand for 2160p which is the relevant UHD/SUHD standard.
He means 2k17

bryanee

If one thing was to leak before Wednesday I hope its the launch date. I would love to sell my PS4 before prices of the OG crater but I don't want to get rid just in case it doesn't make it this year.

AAMARMO

Banned
2K is the same as 1080p resolution, but has nothing to do with framerate.

For example, at Sony's E3 2005 press conference, Nvidia's CEO said that the RSX graphics processor for PlayStation 3 would have 2K resolution (2K x 1K )which is 1920 x 1080.

See that right here, time stamped: https://youtu.be/22ORpAmFBNI?t=28m53s

Same year they'd showed a Tech Demo for Final Fantasy 7 for PS3 and Red Dead Redemption Tease.

Venom Fox

Banned
2K is the same as 1080p resolution, but has nothing to do with framerate.

For example, at Sony's E3 2005 press conference, Nvidia's CEO said that the RSX graphics processor for PlayStation 3 would have 2K resolution (2K x 1K )which is 1920 x 1080.

See that right here, time stamped: https://youtu.be/22ORpAmFBNI?t=28m53s
The answer is above and below your post lmao.

Edit: 2k res isn't the same as 1080p don't spread misinformation man.

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
Hold your breaths people.
Source: Financial Times

Slim highly likely. Neo would have to be in stores now, and thus we would've had leaks. I'm betting it'll launch within a month...

One game i'm guessing will be shown at the meeting is 2k17. With it announced as a HDR game for Xbox One S, it's surely going to be for Neo as well. Curious to see the enhancements. Better lighting, more accurate skin tone?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
One game i'm guessing will be shown at the meeting is 2k17. With it announced as a HDR game for Xbox One S, it's surely going to be for Neo as well. Curious to see the enhancements. Better lighting, more accurate skin tone?
If you thought you knew sweat then you better buckle up cowboy.
The PS4Neo has so much power even the fattie behind the basket eating a hotdog will be drenched.

duhmetree

8GB GDDR5x... anyone know the cost? Would the cost be worth the added bandwidth?

add that in with the secret sauce cpu and a 'pre-order now' on Wednesday...

Korezo

Slim highly likely. Neo would have to be in stores now, and thus we would've had leaks. I'm betting it'll launch within a month...

I doubt NBA2k is going to have any enhancements, the game is on pc also and I believe the pc version doesn't have anything extra other than way better picture quality. Thats the only thing the 2k neo can have, better image quality and maybe stable 60fps during the park.

BigEmil

HDR isn't as big of a feature as people think it is just those comparisons from TV makers were highly exaggerated to sell you on HDR TV's standard oled TV's alone can reach great contrast levels etc

Lady Gaia

I wonder if all first party Sony titles will get a NEO patch. Would love some Driveclub at 60fps.

I'm holding out hope for Driveclub, myself. Last I heard there was confirmation that the title would be updated with new urban tracks from the PSVR Driveclub, so hopefully that means they'll do at least minimal work for Neo as well.

D'oh! Following the volume of posts in this thread is tricky at best. Mea culpa. Can you tell I'm not much for sports?

What's more bizarre, that, or an actual new console that is in retail boxes at retailers and being bought and sold and unboxed on Youtube and not a single peep from Sony?

Sony: Let's have a meeting in NYC to talk about the Slim.
Internet: It's the NEO!
Sony: Let's never mention this meeting again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom