• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Middle East might be teasing Crash on Twitter

True Fire

Crash Bandicoot is joining Skylanders All-Stars Battle Royale! Coming to iOS and Android in September 2016. We'll be announcing the announcement of his redesign at E3!

Sergiepoo

Man even a simple collection of the classic games on Playstation would make my day.

Seeing Crash 1 at the last AGDQ made me feel eight years-old again. Glad something is in the works.

sn00zer

Head Canon

Sony courted Activision for Destiny and Call of Duty co-marketing as an elaborate ploy to be given back Crash in good faith.

Spizz

Banned
Shawn Layden's shirt all but confirmed Crash is getting another game IMO. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Sesha

They're pulling the FFVII PSX shit again with the t-shirt. I understand that people might be skeptical in fear of being disappointed, but come on. Shawn Layden walks out on stage at PSX with a Crash t-shirt and doesn't acknowledge it at all. It's the most blatant tease ever.

It's not their IP though. I find it strange that Activision wouldn't want initial control over its announcement.

Sony dropped all plans for their Spider-Man Cinematic Universe and just lent the character to Marvel Studios to put him in the MCU. Sony and Activision working together on something like this is nothing by comparison.

iMax

Bear in mind, too, this is their Middle East account. If they have offices out there it won't be anything beyond customer support and maybe press.

I doubt they'd be privy to anything remotely related to stuff like this. It's probably an innocent conservation starter, nothing more. The fact none of the other accounts are teasing is basically proof of this.

Yukinari

First butter up your audience with CTR HD, then get Traveler's Tales to stop working on Lego games so they can do a proper sequel to Twinsanity with full development time.

SNURB

I can imagine that Sony end the E3 press conference with the guy in the Crash suit walking on stage with Shawn and Boyes, announcing the game:

I mean, come on, that's what they'll do.

Sesha

Head Canon

Sony courted Activision for Destiny and Call of Duty co-marketing as an elaborate ploy to be given back Crash in good faith.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just traded the IP back to Sony. If Activision wanted to do something more with Crash they would have done so by now. The massive amount of attention Sony is giving to Activision's major franchises seem much more valuable than fucking Crash would ever be.

Last publication was 06/02/2014. It's not impossible they could have surrendered the IP since then. Unless I'm misunderstanding something.

PaulloDEC

I wouldn't even be mad honestly. It's one of my favorite games (certainly better than Twinsanity IMO).

Yeah, I actually quite liked Titans. All credit to Radical, they went their own way with the IP and came up with something new and actually not half bad.

But anyone at Sony who dares to so much as think the word "Crash" in the current climate better have something more up their sleeve than a PS2 re-release.

KAL2006

Banned
After last year's 3 megatons this is expected especially after the Crash T Shirt at PSX.

E3 2017 megatons
Crash 4
God of War 4
Paranormal Terror (Kojima x Del Toro)

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
It's not their IP though. I find it strange that Activision wouldn't want initial control over its announcement.

There'd be nothing to get excited about if Activision was doing another Crash game.

Sony on the other hand...

E3 2016
K2Y9PFt.gif

GnawtyDog

Banned
Yeah, I actually quite liked Titans. All credit to Radical, they went their own way with the IP and came up with something new and actually not half bad.

But anyone at Sony who dares to so much as think the word "Crash" in the current climate better have something more up their sleeve than a PS2 re-release.

A reboot starting the Cortex saga again. Obviously with changes.

Game's gonna be titled just "crash" and the cover art is gonna be like this

haapHwF.jpg

but with a dark filter over it and "crash" in white with the letters real small and kerned out real far

KodaRuss

I am excited just hope they do it justice. No half assed reboot. We need this and Yookalalee (probably spelled it wrong) to bring back the genre on other consoles besides Nintendo ones.

GeoramA

Sony's working a lot with Activision, plus all these hints.

Wouldn't be surprised to see something Crash-related at E3.

LowSignal

You would think Activision would use Crash B in skylanders but they haven't. It would be cool if Sony got Crash as their mascot but I wont hold my breath.

Raist

Banned
E3 2015
FFVIIr
TLG
The Last Guardian

E3 2016
Crash, J&D, Colony Wars reboots
Half-Life 3
PSVR $299 *mic drop*

E3 2017
No ones but a few knows. THe internet finally exploded last year.

Top Bottom