• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Move Thread: It Only Does Everything

Thrakier said:
Says who? We didn't see anything of it since 2009.
My theory is that Sony was truly shocked at the good reception Sorcery got, that they asked the developers to go back to the drawing board and make a meatier game. I think Sony wants Sorcery to be their Zelda.

Takao

Banned
Thrakier said:
Says who? We didn't see anything of it since 2009.

President of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida said it's still in development during E3.

Also, the game was announced in 2010, so it would be impossible to not have seen anything since 2009. ;)

Wow, LBP2 Move pack looks very impressive.
Even if you had no interest in the main game or making your own levels, the amount of minigames the community will create would make it worth a purchase!

Will the pack be free or will it cost?
I assume they will eventually re-release the game with the Move features included?

Toppot

Looking forward to having some more goodness with my Move controller, love LBP.

Fright Zone said:
Will the pack be free or will it cost?
It will cost. Probably $5.99 like the other level packs and Prehistoric Moves cost but might be a dollar or 2 more.

Bradach

anyone else looking forward to Goldeneye with move? I think it'll be big! it'll be the first 60fps shooter to use move (as far as i know). that extra smoothness should make the aiming with move even more satisfying!

spats

Bradach said:
anyone else looking forward to Goldeneye with move? I think it'll be big! it'll be the first 60fps shooter to use move (as far as i know). that extra smoothness should make the aiming with move even more satisfying!

Had no idea it supported move. Definitely interested.

Rolf NB

Bradach said:
Wat, Goldeneye 007 is coming to the PS3? Goddammit I just bought the Wii version! Whyyyyyyy!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Bradach said:

Technically, Modern Combat Domination was the first Move compatible 60fps shooter.

Loudninja

4 Elements HD Hits PSN Tuesday with PlayStation Move Support
Here are few things you’ll appreciate about 4 Elements HD. Imagine the addictive Matching gameplay where you freely draw the chains of same-colored pieces instead of just moving one piece next to another. It feels and plays like an arcade game and it works great on PS3! We’ve added explosive bonuses, spectacular visual effects in full HD resolution, and intuitive controls using DualShock 3 or PlayStation Move.

Probably some of you saw or even tried the original game, but 4 Elements HD is all about exclusivity. It includes a vast array of new features and improvements including re-playable levels, Trophies, as well as per-level and global leaderboards. Moreover, each player gains a castle to manage and upgrade it using points earned by completing levels. Enhanced controls designed exclusively for PS3 with full PlayStation Move support as an option will be comfortable for both experienced players and newcomers. I’m sure this game will entertain your whole family for only $9.99!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...ts-psn-tuesday-with-playstation-move-support/

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
My Start The Party! Save The World! GamesCom '11 demo playthrough is live.

I don't think there is any gameplay footage on the net yet. Only the trailer.

Enjoy! :)

7w5S9.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpZZmkmWkOw
(Watch in HD/Full Screen - otherwise you won't see shit on the TV)

Hey guys, Thinking of picking up the Move, Really want to play Deadstorm Pirates. Hey it was the game me and my wife played on our first date! Anyways what other games are there out there?

Loudninja

Fahrenheit said:
Hey guys, Thinking of picking up the Move, Really want to play Deadstorm Pirates. Hey it was the game me and my wife played on our first date! Anyways what other games are there out there?
Sports Champions its a really good game.

distrbnce

Banned
Fahrenheit said:
That comes with it I think, dont it?

If you buy the bundle it does, but some people just buy the wands and camera separately.

CatPee said:
Nice. The more shooters that support Move, the better.

Now if only Battlefield 3 would follow suit. :(

Dittooooooo please let this happen

patsu

Fahrenheit said:

What type of games do you like ? There are a lot of Move compatible games these days.

Sports Champions is the first thing that comes to mind as has been said before. Also StarDrone and Funky Lab Rat are really cool Move PSN games that you could check out as well!

patsu

In my experiences, motion gaming, not just Move, is a very personal experience. The response to a certain game can be wildly different from one gamer to the next. So you may need some time to experiment and tune the controls. e.g., Move FPS depends highly on the control settings. You can pick the default set up or TTP's recommended settings and then tune from there.

With that said, I see people like KZ3's Move implementation. Personally I prefer DS3 but playing KZ3 in Move seems to be more engrossing.

Sports Champions has been mentioned. You absolutely must get it for Move. Be prepared to have aching shoulders though. It's pretty vigorious. :lol I loved that game. Zindagi is the developer. For other sports, I like John Daly's ProStroke Golf but you have to know Golf first. Don't expect it to teach Golf.

For RTS, I'd say wait for UnderSiege to tune the game's difficulty. I like the controls; it's accurate but the game becomes very difficult quickly.

My wife loves SingStar Dance, but it's largely a singing game. I have not tried the other dancing games yet.

For quiet moments, I kinda like Tumble because it's very different from other games. There are a few mini-games for Move but I don't generally like loose mini-games, so I'll leave the recommendation to someone else.

For crazy fun, I personally like Kung Fu Live, which is a PSEye only game. Your mileage may vary because the setup depends on your room condition. I think there is a demo on PSN.

EDIT: If you tried Sports Champions and like the vigorous movement, you can go for Lights Out. At the beginning the character is out of shape, so the controls won't be accurate. Once you train up your character, the 1-1 tracking is impeccable.

patsu said:
For RTS, I'd say wait for UnderSiege to tune the game's difficulty. I like the controls; it's accurate but the game becomes very difficult quickly.

let me start by saying that i agree with your post . And then i ask : have you played RUSE ( or even the demo ? ) what's your opinion on it ?

patsu

Yeah I stopped abruptly because I don't want to write an essay. :lol

The challenge is I don't know what kind of experiences he's looking for.

R.U.S.E. is a full fledge RTS. Controlling so many units on a large scale can be confusing and difficult. That's why I only mentioned DungeonSiege since the player controls a small party in that game. RUSE is not an easy game too. At least I know the DungeonSiege developers mentioned that they are working on a difficulty fix.

It's like Sports Champions and The Fight:Lights Out. If he doesn't enjoy Sports Champion's potentially fast and large movement, then Lights Out is going to wear him out even more. ^_^

The intriguing thing about Move is that you can go deeper in the motion experience because of its accuracy and versatility, but you have to like to move first.

Personally, I'm waiting for other future games like LBP Move pack, Deadmund's Quest and Sorcery. Also want to try out a few odd games here and there.

EDIT: Forgot Child of Eden ! 8^P

patsu

The other thing is TTP runs www.iwaggle3d.com. You can find many detailed coverage of Move games. They are informative and objective. I think people probably have a better sense of whether a Move game is suitable for them after watching the videos.

I just went back the other day to Sports Champions to see if my son was up for the sword mini game, as I play with foam swords with him from time to time, which he's very good at. He picked it up pretty well (and I managed to calibrate it for him - he just turned 3 basically :D), but then of course I wanted to try it a few times again also and I actually managed to get 20.000 points, which gives you a bronze trophy.

That just reminded me how classy this game is. So yeah, still highly recommend it. I am also one of those who loved Killzone 3 with it. Never played the game otherwise, from start to finish and loved every minute of it.

I'm also really looking forward to LBP2's Move pack, as I had a small dabble with the beta already and it looked really promising (also greatly improves the art possible for user created content, and the ease with which to create that). Other games I loved were The Fight, Tumble, and Start the Party is a bit shallow, but still a lot of fun - there's a fruit ninja section in there in survival and multi-player that is just the best version of the game out there, which is kind of funny if you think about the score that game got in the press.

My gameplay video on Start the Party 2 by the way (which I don't quite like as much as the first so far) was up faster than TTPs ;) ... but of course his video is ten times better and more informative!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8C8hLn8-i4

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Maastricht said:
I just went back the other day to Sports Champions to see if my son was up for the sword mini game, as I play with foam swords with him from time to time, which he's very good at. He picked it up pretty well (and I managed to calibrate it for him - he just turned 3 basically :D), but then of course I wanted to try it a few times again also and I actually managed to get 20.000 points, which gives you a bronze trophy.

That just reminded me how classy this game is. So yeah, still highly recommend it. I am also one of those who loved Killzone 3 with it. Never played the game otherwise, from start to finish and loved every minute of it.

I'm also really looking forward to LBP2's Move pack, as I had a small dabble with the beta already and it looked really promising (also greatly improves the art possible for user created content, and the ease with which to create that). Other games I loved were The Fight, Tumble, and Start the Party is a bit shallow, but still a lot of fun - there's a fruit ninja section in there in survival and multi-player that is just the best version of the game out there, which is kind of funny if you think about the score that game got in the press.

My gameplay video on Start the Party 2 by the way (which I don't quite like as much as the first so far) was up faster than TTPs ;) ... but of course his video is ten times better and more informative!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8C8hLn8-i4

Your video actually shows that mini-game better. I didn't realize you could toss the fireflies like that.

Afrikan

patsu, why do I keep thinking you are a woman? o_O

it must be from some post in the past or something.

anyway on topic, does anyone know happened to that Rodeo Move game? it was supposed to be released late last year.

patsu

Afrikan said:
patsu, why do I keep thinking you are a woman? o_O

it must be from some post in the past or something.

anyway on topic, does anyone know happened to that Rodeo Move game? it was supposed to be released late last year.

... because my PS Home avatar is a woman, for blending into the "right" crowd ? 8^P

yurinka

googleplex said:
My theory is that Sony was truly shocked at the good reception Sorcery got, that they asked the developers to go back to the drawing board and make a meatier game. I think Sony wants Sorcery to be their Zelda.
WTF! Be careful with the hype train. It has a couple of good ideas, but I'm pretty sure it won't be a AAA game with the size and quality of a Zelda game at all.

onQ123

yurinka said:
WTF! Be careful with the hype train. It has a couple of good ideas, but I'm pretty sure it won't be a AAA game with the size and quality of a Zelda game at all.

I don't think that's what he/she is saying,

I feel the same way , I think it was going to be a small game but after E3 & how much hype the game got they had to go back & make the game live up to the hype that it caused.

Top Bottom