• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Move Thread: It Only Does Everything

Jme said:
Man, I thought I missed out on this sale but thankfully Gamestop extended it until 10/2.

I picked up:
Move Controller
Navigation Controller
Playstation Move Heroes
EyePet
The Shoot

For $70

I've wanted EyePet for my kids but never wanted to spend 40 on it, and have missed out on sales. The shoot demo was ok, and I like on-rail shooters enough I figure 10 bucks is like renting it from redbox or something (and if it sucks there's always ebay). And Heroes seems decent enough, we'll see I guess. Think my wife might join me on this one

I would recommend at least a shooting attachment ($7.50 at GS right now) for playing The Shoot. If you have any inclination to play Time Crisis or any of the FPSs that support Move, a Sharpshooter would do well, too.

Agent X

Jme said:
The shoot demo was ok, and I like on-rail shooters enough I figure 10 bucks is like renting it from redbox or something (and if it sucks there's always ebay).

I liked the demo of The Shoot way back when I first tried it (with the Sports Champions bundle), so I jumped at the opportunity to grab it for $9.99. Lots of fun!

I'd like to grab a Sharpshooter (mainly for Resistance 3 and Killzone 3), but if I can't get my hands on one, then I might take hikarutilmitt's advice and get the original shooting attachment for a bargain price.

Agent X said:
I liked the demo of The Shoot way back when I first tried it (with the Sports Champions bundle), so I jumped at the opportunity to grab it for $9.99. Lots of fun!

I'd like to grab a Sharpshooter (mainly for Resistance 3 and Killzone 3), but if I can't get my hands on one, then I might take hikarutilmitt's advice and get the original shooting attachment for a bargain price.

If you got the chance, try out the Sharpshooter first. I did like it for KZ3 campaign, but that's pretty much it. It seems to be hit or miss (mostly miss) for a lot of people.
I also thought that it would be really cool for dead space extraction, but the normal gun attachment is way superior there for the alt fire moves (you have to tilt the weapon sideways).

Sharpshooter is definitively not for competitive online play.

kingschiebi said:
If you got the chance, try out the Sharpshooter first. I did like it for KZ3 campaign, but that's pretty much it. It seems to be hit or miss (mostly miss) for a lot of people.
I also thought that it would be really cool for dead space extraction, but the normal gun attachment is way superior there for the alt fire moves (you have to tilt the weapon sideways).

Sharpshooter is definitively not for competitive online play.

Man it was a total miss for me...hard to hold on for long periods, moving becomes a pain and makes you much more inaccurate. I played KZ3 again after removing the MOVE and nav from SharpShooter and everything felt so much easy and better. I was really hoping I would like it because I got it for just 19.99 from GS but was really disappointed.

On another note: The Fight:Lights out is amazing!! I can't believe reviewers crapped on it all over for imprecise controls. I played it with just 1 light on and even that was behind me and it tracked me really good. The tracking is almost 1:1 most of the time. I hope someone makes a proper boxing game with these same controls (was disappointed when FightNight didn't have any Move support)

Grinchy

Banned
TrojanBlade said:
On another note: The Fight:Lights out is amazing!! I can't believe reviewers crapped on it all over for imprecise controls. I played it with just 1 light on and even that was behind me and it tracked me really good. The tracking is almost 1:1 most of the time. I hope someone makes a proper boxing game with these same controls (was disappointed when FightNight didn't have any Move support)
I only have like 30 minutes in the game so far, but from what I've seen, it could be quite good. My problem was that I was playing at night, and it couldn't do headtracking for me. Lighting condition and the other thing would say "excellent" as if they were stuck in Wayne's World, but it would always say that my static room was flickering too much. Maybe it's the lamp I use.

As I said, I don't have much time in it, but it seemed like without the head tracking, it couldn't properly follow my crouches. I could not get body shots nor could I seem to block body shots. Punching sure felt nice though :)

Jme

Just played through my first scene on the shoot and I already feel it was worth the price of admission! Fun stuff, gets me even more excited for HOTD:Overkill Extended Cut (On-rails feels good on move!)

The guy at GS talked me out of the 7.50 gun, and I dunno how much use I'd get out of a sharpshooter... but I might head back for the smaller gun for shoot/hotd.

Man, my move was feeling really under utilized, whatever their reasons are for this sale, I'm glad I could take advantage of it, doesn't feel like such a waste now :)

Jme said:
Just played through my first scene on the shoot and I already feel it was worth the price of admission! Fun stuff, gets me even more excited for HOTD:Overkill Extended Cut (On-rails feels good on move!)

I really liked it, too, and it's sad to see that Cohort Studios closed down. Would have loved to get more arcade shooter like this.

leroidys

So I bought LBP2 the other day when the move pack came out. You all owe it to yourself to go buy this game, even if you didn't like the first. I thought the first game was floaty and frustrating, but the platforming in this game is incredible. I can't believe I almost passed it up. The move controls are awesome too, and you can play through all of the levels with the move controller, and some of the stuff even got retroactive move controls.

Buy this game. It's only ~$30 on amazon new.

tigerin

so i went on a spree yesterday and bought 2 wands, 2 navi, a sharpshooter, charging station, sports champion, the fight:light out, and kung fu rider........now i'm having buyer remorse. =( don't know if it worth it. are there anything i should return or keep it all? i'm thinking of getting the small gun attachment and the shooter after reading this thread.

it came up to 153 dollars btw.

tigerin said:
so i went on a spree yesterday and bought 2 wands, 2 navi, a sharpshooter, charging station, sports champion, the fight:light out, and kung fu rider........now i'm having buyer remorse. =( don't know if it worth it. are there anything i should return or keep it all? i'm thinking of getting the small gun attachment and the shooter after reading this thread.

Return one navi and kung fu rider and keep the rest.

Tailzo

tigerin said:

Maybe you should return kung fu riders. I rarely read anything positive about it. I haven't tried itmyself though.

garath

tigerin said:

You can get a quad charging station with usb charging ports cheaper than the gamestop sale from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0041RWIGW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I had some buyers remorse after I bought it too. I justified it for the shooting games. I love shooting games. Time Crisis, House of the dead, dead space extraction, all fun stuff. Sports champion is a lot of fun too.

tigerin

OneMoreQuestion said:
Return one navi and kung fu rider and keep the rest.

i won't need an extra navi for any party games(i.e.:sports champion)? i was thinking of playing it with my siblings. are there anything else i should get when i go back there?

tailzo said:
Maybe you should return kung fu riders. I rarely read anything positive about it. I haven't tried itmyself though.
and i thought kung fu rider was great according to guy on another thread.but yea, it doesn't seem so fun on videos.

garath said:
You can get a quad charging station with usb charging ports cheaper than the gamestop sale from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Move-Quad-...=1895E16F836TM

I had some buyers remorse after I bought it too. I justified it for the shooting games. I love shooting games. Time Crisis, House of the dead, dead space extraction, all fun stuff. Sports champion is a lot of fun too.

that seems really nice. but the thing is, i was in a hurry yesterday and kinda rip the inside box of the charging station. i don't know if they will accept it....knowing gamestop and all.

amitlu

Banned
Just want to say the Resistance 3 post-patch move controls are amazing and I wish every shooter came with them from now on.

Wads

Banned
Hey guys - don't come over here too often, but I'm looking to rebuy a PS3. Is it worth the extra 100 for move? I'm sure that depends on me a little, but I'm not immediately sold on it.... so I figured I'd ask what you guys think about it in retrospect.

Bradach

amitlu said:
Just want to say the Resistance 3 post-patch move controls are amazing and I wish every shooter came with them from now on.
Have they fixed the iron sights? do they move freely like KZ3

patsu

Wads said:
Hey guys - don't come over here too often, but I'm looking to rebuy a PS3. Is it worth the extra 100 for move? I'm sure that depends on me a little, but I'm not immediately sold on it.... so I figured I'd ask what you guys think about it in retrospect.

What games do you like ?

Wads

Banned
Mostly RPG games, some first person shooters. I don't have anybody I could use move with, but that will be changing when my GF moves out here in a couple of months.

patsu

Wads said:
Mostly RPG games, some first person shooters. I don't have anybody I could use move with, but that will be changing when my GF moves out here in a couple of months.

Some people like Move for FPS (see above). I can't remember an RPG game using Move off the top of my head.

If you don't mind some workout. Sports Champions for Move is amazing. Lights Out, after you train up your character, is also rigorous because of the fast 1-1 tracking.

Tumble is also nice. Since you don't have a kid and GF is moving out, I supposed dancing games, EyePet, and other party game is out ?

I have not tried Child of Eden yet.

leroidys

Wads said:

Ehhh it was worth it for me just for Sports Champions and the LBP2 move pack but I can see how people feel burned. If you can get it on sale for ~$50 though (as places have been doing) I would say that its definitely worth it.

amitlu

Banned
MrPliskin said:

I haven't played Kz3 since it's release so maybe they changed it, but didn't KZ3 still go into full iron sight mode when ADS and it was just that that moves around the screen? If that is still it then I still think that is inferior to R3's which zooms in slightly and still gives you a crosshair to move around while the iron sighted weapon model stays in the lower corner, not obstructing vision and flying around the screen all crazy-like.

R3's post-patch move controls + full button customization should be the standard from now on for shooters. If only Naughty Dog would catch on as well :(.

patsu

leroidys said:
Ehhh it was worth it for me just for Sports Champions and the LBP2 move pack but I can see how people feel burned. If you can get it on sale for ~$50 though (as places have been doing) I would say that its definitely worth it.

Oh yes, how could I forget the LBP Move pack ? ^_^

Wads

Banned
Thanks guys - she's actually moving in, not out. I meant she is coming to my state soon. I not sure she would like it though so maybe not a reason to get it for her.

I think maybe I'll just buy the 160gb for 250 and then see if I can get it on sale / save myself a few bucks.

Lambtron said:
Is Killzone 3 worth $15 just to play the campaign with Move? I have zero interest in competitive multiplayer.

I even found the $60 worth it. Playing with Move has a certain arcade feel to it and I really enjoyed it (even finished it a second time on the highest difficulty when I got my SharpShooter).
The campaign itself is mediocre, but if you just want to play a FPS in a similar fashion as Time Crisis with pretty good controls, I'd say go for it.

Goldrusher

Looks like Europe is getting new packaging for "Move required" games.

Old box art on the left, new on the right.

dsLGT.jpg
61LNdAuipKL._SL343_.jpg

aMWo5.jpg
51JmEoPb61L._SL343_.jpg

Not sure if they'll come with a blue box as well.

leroidys

I feel bad saying this but I'll definitely pick up medieval moves when it price drops. Looks like it would be probably be really fun for 1 or two playthroughs.

Is that move mind benders pack EU exclusive? I don't own any of those games , would be cool if it was coming out here. I have been holding off on echochrome II because its FIFTEEN DOLLARS. ugh.

Loudninja

Medieval Moves: Deadmund’s Quest Strikes Gold
Story Mode – The evil Sorcerer Morgrimm has invaded Prince Edmund’s Castle and plots to take over the kingdom, raising an army of skeletons from beyond. Now, let the adventure begin as you battle Morgrimm, and his minions, to restore order to the kingdom!

Battle Mode – Play solo, split-screen, or online in three distinct game types. Survive for as long as you can in Invasion, defend the symbol of your kingdom against Morgrimm’s army in Royal Guard, or conjure up minions to attack your opponent in Cauldron Chaos.

Game Features:
Seamless PlayStation Move gameplay, full 3D support, optional dual controller combat, fantastic musical score as well as plenty of fun character unlockables and weapon upgrades to aid you in your epic battles!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/10/21/medieval-moves-deadmunds-quest-strikes-gold/

Grinchy

Banned
Lambtron said:
Is Killzone 3 worth $15 just to play the campaign with Move? I have zero interest in competitive multiplayer.
Very much so...honestly there's no question.

I'm going to wait and see on Medieval Moves. Those guys did an awesome job on Sports Champions but I just don't know if I'm sold.

After playing Infamous: FOB with move for a couple of hours I gotta say, it's pretty good. As a right stick replacement it works pretty damn good. I kinda want to take some of the move button changes and make them in the game i.e. Double tapping x for hover.

Hex

Banned
Sinthetic said:
It only does Jack shit.

Anyway...between House of the Dead coming up and the sales on Move games recently I have really been having fun again with it but still having a hard time getting it calibrated with UFC trainer.

AAK

I've recently started playing Mass Effect 2 and I keep telling myself how this game and Dead Space would be perfect with MOVE support.

Did EA every mention anything about ME3 having Move support? I know about the Kinect support.

AAK said:
I've recently started playing Mass Effect 2 and I keep telling myself how this game and Dead Space would be perfect with MOVE support.

Did EA every mention anything about ME3 having Move support? I know about the Kinect support.

Yeah, definitely. They are using Kinect for issuing voice commands to your squad, but they didn't say what else they might be using it for in ME3. If anything they could use the PSeye for the same thing, in addition to using the move as a pointer....

User Name Here said:
Yeah, definitely. They are using Kinect for issuing voice commands to your squad, but didn't they say what else they might be using it for in ME3. If anything they could use the PSeye for the same thing, in addition to using the move as a pointer....
They stated that they couldn't with the PSeye , because they use the microsoft libraries for voice recognition that are built-in kinect ..doing the same with any other software would require a lot of work ( because they didn't made the voice recognition and would have to made a similar thing for PC and PS3 )

BUt i agree that move targetting would be a no brainer ( at least )

patsu said:
According to Sony's tech slides, there is a voice recognition library in the Move SDK.
Is there any recent software that supports voice recognition for PS Eye/Move? Is Singstar's support all there is for PS3? I was always under the impression that MS' own software (as well as the stuff they might license) was well ahead of most things in the market. I'd like to try some things out if I can get them cheaply.

Just wanted to jump back in here and reiterate that Sports Champion is the best motion game this gen. Just played some more with friends yesterday; the precision, the joy of hitting the perfect drop shot in table tennis or producing an inch-perfect inside spinning Frisbee throw, just plain awesome.

spats

MightyHedgehog said:
Is there any recent software that supports voice recognition for PS Eye/Move?

Not super recent, but the only one I can think of is Singstar. You can pick songs and navigate menus using your voice.

edit: heh, you edited in Singstar just as I posted.

spats said:
Not super recent, but the only one I can think of is Singstar. You can pick songs and navigate menus using your voice.

edit: heh, you edited in Singstar just as I posted.
Yeah, I've seen it in action. Seems like such a waste that Sony puts out hardware with features almost never supported because they themselves fail to set expectations correctly with significant software support of their own. I really never liked Sony's half-ass throw out the hardware and pray strategy.

patsu said:
According to Sony's tech slides, there is a voice recognition library in the Move SDK.

That's what I was thinking of when I mentioned that they could probably add voice support for the Pseye. Using Move as a pointer along side voice commands could be really cool, especially since no other game seems to take advantage of the voice recognition library.

For dead space 3, the coolest thing they could do (aside from adding pointer support) is using a melee system that is like zelda skyward sword's melee system. Just imagine that ... *drools just thinking about it*

Top Bottom