• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Move Thread: It Only Does Everything

hertog

Just bought UFC: personal trainer for 19 euro's

gave me a good work out already. The game seems to be one of the better fitness games.

I was an enthusiastic adopter of the Move, but it has lost its luster a bit. The actual motion games like Sports Champions disappoint me. Having said that, as a controller for on-rails shooters or paired with a navi for FPSs it is absolutely second to none, so I am not sorry I got it. Resistance 3 was especially great.

Zen

Banned
I'll definitely get both games. The move has been under supporter, sure, and it will never reach the heights of the wii motion controller but I have to say that there are still very good experiences to be had with it, if only that the wait between them is a little long for my liking. Hopefully Redwood Falls shows up at E3!

Sports Champions 2 is a no brainier.

cakefoo

I really thought I saw, during the intro montage games trailer in the Sony E3 conference, a clip of Portal 2 gameplay that resembled the Sixense patch gameplay, with you moving a cube via an orange electro-lasso type thing. Or was that something controlled by a DS3?

Loudninja

New games with Move support:
Portal 2
Beyond
Wonderbook
Snaphot
Sport Champions 2
Okami HD
Portal 2 In Motion

Still coming:
Bioshock Infinite
Dust 514
Epic Mickey 2
Counter Strike

T-0800

I was an enthusiastic adopter of the Move, but it has lost its luster a bit. The actual motion games like Sports Champions disappoint me. Having said that, as a controller for on-rails shooters or paired with a navi for FPSs it is absolutely second to none, so I am not sorry I got it. Resistance 3 was especially great.

Sports Champions is worth buying for Table Tennis alone.

Not sure what to think of Tennis in SC2.

I don't own Portal 2 and I'm not a big fan of the game, but if the Move implementation is good and P2IM is standalone, I might consider buying it.

I don't think P2IM is standalone, but the implementation seems superb, just watch some videos. Portal 2 is also getting patched.

lol guys check the GAF quotes on the official Sixense site :D

I mean those alternating in the middle.

http://sixense.com/

Haha I got quoted.

Afrikan

Are they going to re-release the game packed in with DLC? or will I have to hunt down a PS3 copy of Portal 2.

second option would be cheaper, but I just want to support the effort if there is a new disc version.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Are they going to re-release the game packed in with DLC? or will I have to hunt down a PS3 copy of Portal 2.

second option would be cheaper, but I just want to support the effort if there is a new disc version.

DLC via PSN. For the time being.

I've sold Portal 2 a long time ago after having finished and loved it, both in SP and coop, and I'll gladly re-buy it for this.

Hopefully they release a digital version on the Store alongside this DLC.

Aru

Changing the subject but... TTP, do you recommend playing Infamous 2 with the Move or Dual Shock controller ? I just started the game using PS Move, I think it's fine but I'm not really used to it yet.

KalBalboa

Banned
Changing the subject but... TTP, do you recommend playing Infamous 2 with the Move or Dual Shock controller ? I just started the game using PS Move, I think it's fine but I'm not really used to it yet.

Although I'm not TTP, I'd play inFamous 2 with a dual shock and then Festival of Blood with the Move. I went about it that way for the sake of trying something different while ensuring there was no "guessing game" aspect to inFamous 2, which wound up being one of my favorite games this generation.

Aru

Thanks for your opinion. I asked TTP because I know he basically tries almost every single good game that have Move implementation.

I'll try Move a little while longer and if I can get used to the controls, I'll play that way through the end I think. I love the PS Move but I don't have many Move games because most of them are mini-games compilations (I have no interest in those) or mediocre games (Sorcery). I only have:
- Killzone 3: Move controls were great. I can't go back to DS3, for this game at least.
- Hydrophobia Prophecy: Well, I got this game for free with PS+ but the game is absolutely terrible and Move controls are a joke (totally unplayable).
- inFAMOUS 2

That's all I think.

I tried GoldenEye but couldn't get used to the controls, they felt awkward.

So, I want to play a game with Move. Since inFamous 2 is a great game, I just wanted to know if there are any "downsides" to playing the game with it.

I am playing inFamous 2 with the move currently - being able to hit the face buttons and move the camera at the same time is more useful in this game then most games (along with the usual benefits from wrist aiming). I wish it had more options (like in KZ3/R3) in the options for move controls.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Have they announced when portal 2 move patch will be available? Or will it be paid DLC?

The DLC containing the extra Move-exclusive levels will be paid. Price unknown. Expected to release this fall.
The free patch (which is expected to release close to the DLC) will be free and will allow to play the original Portal 2 campaign with the Move. It probably wont allow to take advantage of the new actions available in the DLC tho. That extra stuff might very well fuck up the original puzzles.

Oppo

I wonder if Stephenson's sword fighting kickstarter game will use Move. Seems like the only thing remotely capable of doing what they want in terms of movement.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I wonder if Stephenson's sword fighting kickstarter game will use Move. Seems like the only thing remotely capable of doing what they want in terms of movement.

Link?

Edit - Nevermind, found it (and donated :D)

Was that Gabe Newell forging the crowbar in the video or am I seeing things? :D

I don't think the game idea they have in mind can be done with any of the current motion technologies. There is not just the sword to be tracked, but the whole body as well.

They need the combination of an highly sensitive depth camera with super-low latency + Move to do this.

Next gen it is, IMO.

Bradach

The DLC containing the extra Move-exclusive levels will be paid. Price unknown. Expected to release this fall.
The free patch (which is expected to release close to the DLC) will be free and will allow to play the original Portal 2 campaign with the Move. It probably wont allow to take advantage of the new actions available in the DLC tho. That extra stuff might very well fuck up the original puzzles.
Nice one! Looks like I'll be re-buying portal 2. I don't have a problem with this as its a brilliant game that'll be made even better with move by the looks of things. Pity they didn't support move from the beginning as I think it'd have given move a big sales push. Support at this stage won't have as big an impact but better late than never.

onQ123

Patent DIRECTIONAL INPUT FOR A VIDEO GAME

DIRECTIONAL INPUT FOR A VIDEO GAME

Abstract

A method for providing directional input to a video game is provided. The method initiates with capturing an image of a first object and a second object, the first object and the second object being defined at a fixed distance from each other. A three-dimensional location of the first object is determined based on analysis of the captured image, and a two-dimensional location of the second object is determined based on analysis of the captured image. An input direction for a video game is determined based on the three-dimensional location of the first object and the two-dimensional location of the second object.

20120190448-004+small.jpg

20120190448-005+small.jpg

20120190448-006+small.jpg

20120190448-007+small.jpg

20120190448-008+small.jpg

20120190448-001+small.jpg

Afrikan

maybe I should tell folks over here, who have the Move.

but Best Buys has this game for $10 for their sale. There is a demo on the PSN and has a few games to try out. It is really really Sports Champions type Accurate. Even the basket ball one should be used for NBA 2k series...or at least a mini game for it.

images

basketball.jpg

thelastword

Banned
maybe I should tell folks over here, who have the Move.

but Best Buys has this game for $10 for their sale. There is a demo on the PSN and has a few games to try out. It is really really Sports Champions type Accurate. Even the basket ball one should be used for NBA 2k series...or at least a mini game for it.

Man you really like this game, you remind me of the other poster who always pimps folklore, lol. In any case, I was going to buy this the last time PSN had it on sale for 15, but decided against it, it could be that there were other games I wanted a tad more at the time.

It's unfortunate that I can't get in on any of the bestbuy deals due to my location, but eventually I'm sure I'll get it off amazon at around $10 or so, or perhaps wait on the next time it goes on sale on PSN. I also had my eye on Disney Universe which seem to be a bit similar, though I heard the trophy set on that one is kinda steep.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Carnival Island was pretty fun. I kept kicking my kids off and playing for them. Good art and cute story. Great use of the Move.

Bradach

So with CS: GO just around the corner has anyone heard / read / seen anything about the move implementation? Was the implementation handled by the Sixense lads?

Anyone got any you tube links? Coundn't find any.

Foshy

I bought 2 Moves for 30€ yesterday and got Sports Champions and some demos, and I really have to say I'm truly impressed by how well they work and how accurate they are. This is the first time I felt that motion controls really work, much better than Wiimote or Kinect.

So yeah, recommend me some games (not minigame/sports compilations though, SC is fine for that) with Move support I guess? SP, MP, Move only or just supported, doesn't matter.

I bought 2 Moves for 30€ yesterday and got Sports Champions and some demos, and I really have to say I'm truly impressed by how well they work and how accurate they are. This is the first time I felt that motion controls really work, much better than Wiimote or Kinect.

So yeah, recommend me some games (not minigame/sports compilations though, SC is fine for that) with Move support I guess? SP, MP, Move only or just supported, doesn't matter.

Infamous 2 has great Move support. RE5 is pretty good too.
Then there's all the FPSs - KZ3 and Resistance 3 being the standouts for good Move implementation.
And if you like rails shooters, you're in heaven. Loads of stuff. HOTD:Overkill and Dead Space Extraction being top of the pile IMO.

Bradach

Counter Strike is out this week i think and is looking very good. Feint_ruled has some good recommendations although I wasn't impressed by RE5's implentation.

If you're into spatial puzzels Tumble is good. Portal 2 will be getting move support next month too and that's looking like it might take the FPS move crown (from KZ3).

Foshy

Thanks, I'll definetely get InFamous 2 (liked the first one, can get it free with PS+ but haven't downloaded it yet), Tumble, Portal 2 (finished it on PC but I can probably get the PS3 version cheap now) and Killzone 3 MP. I remembered that I already own LBP2 which has that Move DLC and MAG, let's hope it still has a playing community left.

How's De Blob 2? I saw it for 5€ at a store and it has Move support, if it's any good I'll probably pick that up too.

Bradach

Thanks, I'll definetely get InFamous 2 (liked the first one, can get it free with PS+ but haven't downloaded it yet), Tumble, Portal 2 (finished it on PC but I can probably get the PS3 version cheap now) and Killzone 3 MP. I remembered that I already own LBP2 which has that Move DLC and MAG, let's hope it still has a playing community left.

How's De Blob 2? I saw it for 5€ at a store and it has Move support, if it's any good I'll probably pick that up too.

De Blob 2 is supposed to be great (also the 3D is meant to be brilliant). Someone in this thread highly recommended it but I haven't tried it myself yet. €5 sounds like a good deal to me!

Top Bottom