• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Move Thread: It Only Does Everything

What happened to MOVE... Really?

Sports Champions table tennis PROVED that it was possible to have a very realistic and fun 1:1 motion tennis-like game. In fact, all it needed was a career mode or world tournament mode and it would actually be fully fleshed out.

AND THEN... 3 tennis games later by 3rd parties NO ONE has anything close to Sports Champions as far as great Move integration. In fact, I would argue the move integration has been terrible by 3rd parties.

What happened here? Really?

Is it simply that Sony assumed (wrongly) that 3rd parties would research Move motion control and build their own support code? If that was the case why didn't Sony just sell/license/give the support code needed to have better move integration for 3rd parties?

fixuis

Sports Champions table tennis PROVED that it was possible to have a very realistic and fun 1:1 motion tennis-like game. In fact, all it needed was a career mode or world tournament mode and it would actually be fully fleshed out.

AND THEN... 3 tennis games later by 3rd parties NO ONE has anything close to Sports Champions as far as great Move integration. In fact, I would argue the move integration has been terrible by 3rd parties.

Is it simply that Sony assumed (wrongly) that 3rd parties would research Move motion control and build their own support code? If that was the case why didn't Sony just sell/license/give the support code needed to have better move integration for 3rd parties?

I ask myself the very same question. Sports champions table tennis was sooooo good. It is still unrivaled..really wanted an online mode for that game. Still waiting for sports champions 2 table tennis with online mode, if it ever comes out.

Bebpo

Banned
I feel like even I've forgotten Move. I bought/had like 8 MOVE games when I got it and I haven't even tried half of them, lol. I played Dead Space Extraction, Child of Eden, and Echrochrome II (the last could have been done just as easily on a controller and was kind of silly to force MOVE). I haven't even opened/touched Sports Champions, Time Crisis 4 + Razing Storm, HotD 4, LBP Dino thing.

I liked Move from what I tried of it. Was like Wii games but more accurate. But as everyone in the industry ignored it, I totally forgot it existed. It's too bad it seems like Sony swept it under a rug. I don't like motion gaming, but for certain genre it's cool and I would have liked to see Sony continue to push it in those directions.

Hamplin

Banned
Currently playing The Fight and Medieval Moves. Great waggles to be had.
I was rooting for Datura...that one got me dissapointed.

Bebpo

Banned
So Datura is not worth it? I liked Linger in Shadows but in this day and time I would not buy it again. Was not much of a game and was a really short experience. It's the kind of thing that works early in a system's life when it needs some stuff that's unique.

So Datura is not worth it? I liked Linger in Shadows but in this day and time I would not buy it again. Was not much of a game and was a really short experience. It's the kind of thing that works early in a system's life when it needs some stuff that's unique.

I liked Datura. If you don't expect a game-game, it will be fine for what it is. A experimental thing that tries to bridge the physical and digital space with the Move controller with a disjointed story and some shallow mini-games.

It's kinda like Flower.

I feel like even I've forgotten Move. I bought/had like 8 MOVE games when I got it and I haven't even tried half of them, lol. I played Dead Space Extraction, Child of Eden, and Echrochrome II (the last could have been done just as easily on a controller and was kind of silly to force MOVE). I haven't even opened/touched Sports Champions, Time Crisis 4 + Razing Storm, HotD 4, LBP Dino thing.

I liked Move from what I tried of it. Was like Wii games but more accurate. But as everyone in the industry ignored it, I totally forgot it existed. It's too bad it seems like Sony swept it under a rug. I don't like motion gaming, but for certain genre it's cool and I would have liked to see Sony continue to push it in those directions.

so true

T___T

At this point I think everyone is just waiting to see how Sorcery pans out.

Well sorry but you've got mostly yourself to blame for that. You have bought but haven't played Sports Champions? You silly person.

I don't think this is a fair complaint to level at Sony. They have released plenty of big titles with Move support, and the list of titles that support Move in one way or another is really rather long. What you can blame them for, I think, is not releasing enough dedicated Move titles with a bit higher budgets: we need a Sports Champions with a graphics engine provided by Naughty Dog or Santa Monica. Right now all Move dedicated titles are being done by cheap B-teams or kept purposely simple, and while that is understandable from both a marketshare and target audience viewpoint, you need some flagship titles that don't only play good, but look good and have nice online features.

Also, if you have to Sony, pay one or two big budget third party titles to support Move.

Move game I'm currently playing most and keep returning to is primarily Move Fitness. That really delivers on the 1-1 tracking promise, and the online integration is also really good, with tight friend-list integration, challenges and so forth.

Chris_C

Datura is a really cool concept, but it gets let down by poor design and clunky implementation.

At the very start of the game the developers establish that the "T" trigger allows the hand to grip... and then they undermine that by making gripping, which should be very tactile and fulfilling, entirely useless. When you walk up to a gate you don't open it by reaching out, gripping it and pulling on the move, you press triangle, that auto-grips, and then you tug on the move. It's hugely disappointing that the developers don't trust that this digital hand that they've given you is articulate enough to perform tasks they outline.

There are a bunch of other issues with the game similar to that outlined above. Essentially, it's a move game that doesn't really work with move, and its let down by design decisions, rather than deficiencies in the controller tech.

cakefoo

Every FPS needs to support Move. Why is it only the first party shooters support it? Sony should invest in that area, it would give me something to use it with on a regular basis, plus it would sell more Moves.

onQ123

with table tennis you are pretty much it the spot that you need to be just standing in front of the TV & swinging your arms with real Tennis you have so many places that you need to be & recreating that with a motion controller isn't so easy.

ways they can fix that is adding head tracking but that's not so reliable in all set ups so something like a bright head band that comes with the Move Tennis games could fix this but I'm sure there will be lots of people getting hurt because they are too into the game & running all over the living room flipping over tables or running right into the TV.

also the second Move controller strapped to the body or head would give the devs better tracking info to work with while making the game.

Lan_97

Every FPS needs to support Move. Why is it only the first party shooters support it? Sony should invest in that area, it would give me something to use it with on a regular basis, plus it would sell more Moves.

This is pretty spot on. Move support should have been pushed heavily to be included with every game that maps camera to the right stick (first/third person) and every twin stick shooter. Even their flagship game (Uncharted) doesn't support move.

Move + nav should have also doubled as a normal controller in non-move supported games.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
This is pretty spot on. Move support should have been pushed heavily to be included with every game that maps camera to the right stick (first/third person) and every twin stick shooter. Even their flagship game (Uncharted) doesn't support move.

Move + nav should have also doubled as a normal controller in non-move supported games.

And they should discontinue the Sharp Shooter and pretend it never existed while they are at it. Or alternatively release a "Move-only" model with no Navigation controller attachment that would only work with on rail shooters because every time I hear someone having issues with playing traditional shooters (SOCOM, R3, K3 etc) with the Move 90% of the times it's because he's using that thing. The other 10% is people pretending to be good with it the second they turn it on, like a kid pretending to know how to ride a bike on his first go without assist wheels.

Mind you the Sharp Shooter is a beautifully designed piece of kit, but it's simply not suited for FPS asking for camera control. Not only does it add inertia to the proceedings, making you less effective, but it's also pointless. What's the point of aiming with such gun when the cursor is very likely not aligned with it? I'm not talking cursor drift issues. I'm talking cursor sensitivity and motion scaling. If you have it too high, the cursor ends up drifting ahead relative to the actual line of sight. If too low, it lags behind. Basically think of using a graphics tablet with an on-screen cursor running faster or slower than the stylus.

In Move-compatible FPSs you definitely want to cursor to be speedy so that you can turn faster, but if you do that with the SS you lose alignment (making it pointless).

Another thing that really boggles my mind with regards to the way Sony is handling the whole Move thing goes beyond games. There is basically no proper integration with the XMB. Sure you can navigate it via Move flicks but that's hardly taking advantage of the Move tech. Look at MS and how they have integrated Kinect with the 360 dash. That gives more reason to the user to use the damn thing and adds to the whole "Kinect experience". There is no such thing as a "Move experience".

zeitgeist

I am hoping E3 has some sort of relaunch of Move. I am basically just waiting for a bundle that appeals to me to be released before I jump in.

I have been building a backlog of games I want to play once I get it so right now they are just sitting on a shelf.

Dylan

I bought a move for Christmas 2011 to play with my family and that was the last time I touched it. I would have happily played through RE4 with it but I guess it will never be supported.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I was pretty interested in Move, but Sony just seemed to let it die on the vine. If they were serious about Move they should've gotten Move support added in to Modern War 3 and Battlefield 3. They didn't even bother getting it into their own Uncharted 3.

I might be more inclined to purchase one for House of the Dead 4 if move would be compatible wit PS4 (like Wiimotes are with the U). As it is, this would just be a dead end purchase for me, since I've already played the majority of good Move games on Wii, and have already completed KZ3 and Resistance 3.

v0yce

And they should discontinue the Sharp Shooter and pretend it never existed while they are at it. Or alternatively release a "Move-only" model with no Navigation controller attachment that would only work with on rail shooters because every time I hear someone having issues with playing traditional shooters (SOCOM, R3, K3 etc) with the Move 90% of the times it's because he's using that thing. The other 10% is people pretending to be good with it the second they turn it on, like a kid pretending to know how to ride a bike on his first go without assist wheels.

Mind you the Sharp Shooter is a beautifully designed piece of kit, but it's simply not suited for FPS asking for camera control. Not only does it add inertia to the proceedings, making you less effective, but it's also pointless. What's the point of aiming with such gun when the cursor is very likely not aligned with it? I'm not talking cursor drift issues. I'm talking cursor sensitivity and motion scaling. If you have it too high, the cursor ends up drifting ahead relative to the actual line of sight. If too low, it lags behind. Basically think of using a graphics tablet with an on-screen cursor running faster or slower than the stylus.

In Move-compatible FPSs you definitely want to cursor to be speedy so that you can turn faster, but if you do that with the SS you lose alignment (making it pointless).

Another thing that really boggles my mind with regards to the way Sony is handling the whole Move thing goes beyond games. There is basically no proper integration with the XMB. Sure you can navigate it via Move flicks but that's hardly taking advantage of the Move tech. Look at MS and how they have integrated Kinect with the 360 dash. That gives more reason to the user to use the damn thing and adds to the whole "Kinect experience". There is no such thing as a "Move experience".

What? The Shapr Shooter is the best thing about Move imo. I've been wanting something like that forever. I don't care about aiming down the sights though.

The problem with the sharpshooter is not just the iron sights aiming, like TTP said, the games are not designed to use it, and there are issues with the relative position of the cursor on the screen, and that causes drifting.

Works ok for rail shooters and is well made (and looks cool), but for first person shooters is horrible.

It's too bad Sony never wants to push LittleBigPlanet in any way since the LBP2 Move DLC pack should absolutely be the flagship game. It's awesome.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
What? The Shapr Shooter is the best thing about Move imo. I've been wanting something like that forever. I don't care about aiming down the sights though.
Are you playing, say, online MP in SOCOM or KZ3 with it?

It's not just about aiming down the sight tho. Even if you don't do that you do still get to notice the gun is not pointing where you are shooting at so why use it anyway? It doesn't add to the immersion. It hampers your movement. Its buttons are harder to reach than those on the Move alone. I don't see the point.

hyp3rlink

I haven't used SharpShooter yet but playing Resistance 3 with Move is just awesome. It's a tad less fluid than wiimote but much more fun to play than the DS nonetheless.

Wish more FPS's would implement Move!

zeitgeist

I have been looking but I can't find any solid info...

Was a move patch made so that Infamous 2 or Portal 2 could be used with the move controllers?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Bought HotD 4 and love it, I still run through Time Crisis RS/4 occasionally as well. I realized that I use it mostly for arcade shooters *shrug*. Played through KZ3 with the sharpshooter had fun but never touched it again. I still play Sports Champions once in a while when friends are over. As others have said Table Tennis is proof that it can do what it was advertised to do.

All I want for move are more lightgun shooters and a Guncon-shell with Sharpshooter wiring.

Sharpshooter is too big and clunky for most lightgun games that use pistol controls (HOTD3 and Ghost Squad are exceptions). The standard pistol style shell is gimped from the mechanical trigger only. Guncon 2/3 have inputs on the rear where the hammer would be, as well as on the sides and bottom. I want something like that for Move.

Mostly more lightgun shooters. Police 911 (24/7) with head/body tracking would be the greatest. Also Virtua Cop 3. And 2 Spicy. And pretty much everything. With Wii U coming out later this year, there are more platforms to put these games on. PC too. Virtua Cop 2 was on PC and played fine with a mouse.

KalBalboa

Banned
Didn't know that; It's great.

Any info on how it plays?

I beat Festival of Blood with the Move and had a pretty great time with it. The nav managed movement and the Move was your camera control only when aimed towards the television.

I also beat Resistance 3 with the sharpshooter and thought it was a fun way to existence an FPS.

Socom 4 is still fun with the Sharpshooter for me. But I wish more third person shooters with Move support would come out. It's soooo good. People are really missing out.

Agent X

Sony should have ensured that big-name third-party FPS games supported Move. Games like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3 should have shipped with Move controls. If Activision or EA didn't feel like taking on the task of implementing Move themselves, then Sony should have offered to assist with development.

As much as I love Move, to be honest I don't know what they could do that would make Move a more useful tool of navigating the XMB. The only two things I can think of are:

1. Voice recognition through the PS Eye's microphone (although this should work with standard headsets and not force the PS Eye or Move as a requirement).
2. Allow an alternate form of Move navigation, similar to the menu navigation in PixelJunk 4am.

Really, though, if I'm going to have some kind of electronic gizmo in my hands to navigate the XMB, it might as well be the Dual Shock 3 or the Blu-ray Remote. I don't want to make large gestures to scroll through a list. This is why I don't find Kinect appealing for this purpose either. I'd prefer simple, effective finger movements on a handheld device. The UI should always serve to make things quick and easy for the user.

I think Move has a great deal of unexplored potential for applications beyond gaming, but XMB interface navigation is not among them.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Sony should have ensured that big-name third-party FPS games supported Move. Games like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3 should have shipped with Move controls. If Activision or EA didn't feel like taking on the task of implementing Move themselves, then Sony should have offered to assist with development.

As much as I love Move, to be honest I don't know what they could do that would make Move a more useful tool of navigating the XMB. The only two things I can think of are:

1. Voice recognition through the PS Eye's microphone (although this should work with standard headsets and not force the PS Eye or Move as a requirement).
2. Allow an alternate form of Move navigation, similar to the menu navigation in PixelJunk 4am.

Really, though, if I'm going to have some kind of electronic gizmo in my hands to navigate the XMB, it might as well be the Dual Shock 3 or the Blu-ray Remote. I don't want to make large gestures to scroll through a list. This is why I don't find Kinect appealing for this purpose either. I'd prefer simple, effective finger movements on a handheld device. The UI should always serve to make things quick and easy for the user.

I think Move has a great deal of unexplored potential for applications beyond gaming, but XMB interface navigation is not among them.

Why do you assume you'd have to do large gestures to navigate the XMB with Move? With the implementation I have in mind it would be easier than the current implementation based on Move flicks.

Take a look at how level selection works in Flight Control HD ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59l6WBYyqzI&hd=1&t=42s ) and imagine building on that, using a cursor to select stuff, type text and all that.

Also, don't underestimate the advantage of using just one hand.

I think releasing and bundling and advertising the sharpshooter with FPS/TPS games was probably one of the worst ideas Sony ever had. People who use the sharpshooter in those games will probably have a pretty negative impression (along with it looking even goofier than the move by itself) - when Sony should have been just trying to emphasize the accuracy of the Move/Nav unit by itself. It should have been based around the wrist-based aiming possibilities for applicable genres (FPS/TPS/RTS/etc - classically PC genres).

Oppo

I agree that the Sharpshooter worked against Move.

Also how crazy and silly is it that they didn't even patch a Move pointer-mode into the web browser?

Agent X

Why do you assume you'd have to do large gestures to navigate the XMB with Move?

I don't, but the current implementation uses relatively small gestures, yet doesn't work as well as the DS3's joypad and buttons. More on this in a moment.

With the implementation I have in mind it would be easier than the current implementation based on Move flicks.

Take a look at how level selection works in Flight Control HD ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59l6WBYyqzI&hd=1&t=42s ) and imagine building on that, using a cursor to select stuff, type text and all that.

Also, don't underestimate the advantage of using just one hand.

You bring up some good points. The main difference is the addition of the onscreen pointer. This would be useful for small lists where most or all of the data can be easily presented on a single screen, but scrolling through large lists isn't handy. If you have a lot of PSN games or songs on your hard drive, then you know the problem that I'm talking about.

Large lists might work if the onscreen pointer would work for scrolling like a trackpad, pointing near the edges of the screen for rapid scrolling, but then slowing or stopping the scrolling as the pointer approaches the center of the screen. (Looking again at the video, it looks like it might be doing something like that when you're holding T, which would be great if that's the case.)

Another problem with the current implementation of Move on the XMB is that it is too overly sensitive to diagonals. You might be attempting to scroll up/down, but if you jerk your wrist more than a couple millimeters to the left or right, then you end up switching to a different category on the XMB instead. One way to remedy this might be to use another button to (temporarily) lock the desired movement along the vertical axis, so that any horizontal movement is ignored.

Move wand for text input? Forget it. I'd much rather have voice recognition if possible. Notice how even handwriting recognition has gone out of style on PDAs/smartphones. It had a very cool "wow" factor a decade or so ago, but after that wore off people found it wasn't conducive for inputting any significant amount of text (more than a few words). There are so many other practical methods of text entry.

The current XMB as it exists now simply isn't built for Move. Honestly, the only time I use Move to navigate the XMB is if I happen to be starting or ending a session of Move gaming and the wand is already situated in my hand. At all other times, if I have to pick up a device to navigate the XMB, then I always reach for the DS3. If it were an option, I'd actually prefer to use a touch screen device like the Vita or a smartphone to navigate the PS3 XMB, over using the Move to do so.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
You bring up some good points. The main difference is the addition of the onscreen pointer. This would be useful for small lists where most or all of the data can be easily presented on a single screen, but scrolling through large lists isn't handy. If you have a lot of PSN games or songs on your hard drive, then you know the problem that I'm talking about.

I know what you are talking about, but pointer selection is not the only feature described in that Flight Control video. You can also scroll holding down the Trigger. So, instead of holding the trigger and flick, you'd hold the trigger and tilt, scrolling speed changing depending on tilt angle.

Large lists might work if the onscreen pointer would work for scrolling like a trackpad, pointing near the edges of the screen for rapid scrolling, but then slowing or stopping the scrolling as the pointer approaches the center of the screen. (Looking again at the video, it looks like it might be doing something like that when you're holding T, which would be great if that's the case.)

Yep. :)

Move wand for text input? Forget it. I'd much rather have voice recognition if possible. Notice how even handwriting recognition has gone out of style on PDAs/smartphones. It had a very cool "wow" factor a decade or so ago, but after that wore off people found it wasn't conducive for inputting any significant amount of text (more than a few words). There are so many other practical methods of text entry.

Well, surely a bigger virtual keyboard would be needed. You could also switch to cursor control via sphere position tracking while typing for greater accuracy.

The current XMB as it exists now simply isn't built for Move. Honestly, the only time I use Move to navigate the XMB is if I happen to be starting or ending a session of Move gaming and the wand is already situated in my hand. At all other times, if I have to pick up a device to navigate the XMB, then I always reach for the DS3. If it were an option, I'd actually prefer to use a touch screen device like the Vita or a smartphone to navigate the PS3 XMB, over using the Move to do so.

Well, of course if you are about to play a DS3 game there is no point in, well, pointing with the Move since you'd be switching to DS3 anyway. But I'm more specifically talking about XMB navigation per se, rather than just for game selection. It would be rather cool to use it for zooming/rotation photos for example or navigating the PlayStation Store or watching movies or web browsing or whatever.

I think releasing and bundling and advertising the sharpshooter with FPS/TPS games was probably one of the worst ideas Sony ever had. People who use the sharpshooter in those games will probably have a pretty negative impression (along with it looking even goofier than the move by itself) - when Sony should have been just trying to emphasize the accuracy of the Move/Nav unit by itself. It should have been based around the wrist-based aiming possibilities for applicable genres (FPS/TPS/RTS/etc - classically PC genres).

Couldn't agree more.

SkylineRKR

Ï usually skip an icon over when I try to navigate XMB with Move. I do it because I don't want to power on a DS3 when I want to load up HOTD.

I don't know if the Move itself is a piece of shit, or if the support is a piece of shit. As a lot of others I enjoyed Table Tennis but a lot of other games I tried have been really poor or arbitrary. I rebought it solely for HOTD4, but I would prefer Guncon 3 support as it was spot on in Razing Storm and never drift off (that said, GC3 is still a shitty lightgun compared to Guncon 2 and the awesome Dreamcast Desert Eagle).

I don't know about Sorcery either, I think it will fade into obscurity. And Move itself will die anyway, I doubt Sony will carry this over into the next-generation while Kinect made much more impact and reached a bigger audience. Along with the fading Wii and upcoming Wii U I guess the mote is on its way down.

Agent X

TTP, I think we're largely on the same page when it comes to using the Move with the XMB. I don't think they need to radically redesign the XMB itself (appearance, layout), but the actual Move interaction with it is another story.

Well, surely a bigger virtual keyboard would be needed. You could also switch to cursor control via sphere position tracking while typing for greater accuracy.

Wii has a larger onscreen keyboard, but also uses an onscreen pointer to point at the keys. It's a noticeable improvement over the way the Move keyboard is done now, but still falls short of a physical keyboard, or even a touch screen keyboard. That's one of the reasons why I said it would be good for Sony to consider allowing use of the Vita as a touch screen navigator for the PS3.

Well, of course if you are about to play a DS3 game there is no point in, well, pointing with the Move since you'd be switching to DS3 anyway. But I'm more specifically talking about XMB navigation per se, rather than just for game selection. It would be rather cool to use it for zooming/rotation photos for example or navigating the PlayStation Store or watching movies or web browsing or whatever.

Yes, I agree with you here. Also with what Nerfgun said about allowing the Move to be used in the Web browser.

Ï usually skip an icon over when I try to navigate XMB with Move. I do it because I don't want to power on a DS3 when I want to load up HOTD.

I don't know if the Move itself is a piece of shit, or if the support is a piece of shit.

The Move itself is fine, as you could see from a lot of the games that support it. The XMB usage isn't so hot, which is why we've been discussing how to improve it.

I don't know about Sorcery either, I think it will fade into obscurity. And Move itself will die anyway, I doubt Sony will carry this over into the next-generation while Kinect made much more impact and reached a bigger audience. Along with the fading Wii and upcoming Wii U I guess the mote is on its way down.

I hope Sony carries it over, as it can add greatly to certain types of games.

I hope Sony carries it over, as it can add greatly to certain types of games.
I hope they carry it over too, but with the requirement that you buy a new improved PS Eye. It's clearly the current PS Eye that is causing most of the tracking and lag problems. A high-def camera would be able to estimate the size of the Move sphere more accurately, resulting in far better depth estimation (in Tumble for instance, moving objects in the Z-plane is far from perfect) and an overall less-laggy camera would dramatically reduce aiming lag in shooters.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I hope they carry it over too, but with the requirement that you buy a new improved PS Eye. It's clearly the current PS Eye that is causing most of the tracking and lag problems. A high-def camera would be able to estimate the size of the Move sphere more accurately, resulting in far better depth estimation (in Tumble for instance, moving objects in the Z-plane is far from perfect) and an overall less-laggy camera would dramatically reduce aiming lag in shooters.

I don't think the current Move will carry over as is. If anything, I think/hope a new version will come out (as the default controller, comprised of two Moves with a stick on each one for traditional gaming compatibility), along with a new 3D camera of course.

Anton668

anybody else check out the Sorcery demo yet?
messed with it for a bit, but my living room is a wreck atm so I couldnt set it up just right.
one thing I did have issue with was the camera. mabey with more time i'll get used to it.

tygertrip

The problem with the sharpshooter is not just the iron sights aiming, like TTP said, the games are not designed to use it, and there are issues with the relative position of the cursor on the screen, and that causes drifting.

Works ok for rail shooters and is well made (and looks cool), but for first person shooters is horrible.

WOW. I am amazed at how wildly opinions differ when it comes to FPS controls. This is only my opinion, but the sharpshooter is the only controller that compares to a mouse and keyboard for FPS. Gamepads are horrid, always have, and always will be for this particular genre. Mice are DESIGNED for pointing quickly and precisely, so is the Move. M and K/B are still more precise, but the Sharpshooter breathes so much life into the tired genre of FPS. So much more immersive, that if R3 and KZ3 had been available for PC, I still would have gotten the PS3 versions. It does take some adjusting and getting used to... I remember way back when I switched from keyboard only to mouse and keyboard for Doom, and thinking people must have been joking about using the mouse, lol. Then I got used to it. Same thing with +mlook in Quake1. Once you're used to it, your mind will compensate for any deficiencies.
I must admit I am only referring to single player, if I had time for multi, my PC BF3 rank would be MUCH higher. :) Once again, just IMO.

vazel

Banned
I'm glad I'm not alone in disliking the sharpshooter. The sharpshooter makes movement and camera controls clunky.

I thought maybe I was using it wrong or something but TTP not liking it either makes me feel better that it's just a bad peripheral. Just another blunder on top of all the others in how Sony handled the Move.

tygertrip

Man, I'd pay good money for hacked in move/sharpshooter controls for PC crysis 2 and PC Rage. Just the PC in general really. I've heard there are some form of hacks out there, I'll have to google later and see if there is anything worthwhile.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Man, I'd pay good money for hacked in move/sharpshooter controls for PC crysis 2 and PC Rage. Just the PC in general really. I've heard there are some form of hacks out there, I'll have to google later and see if there is anything worthwhile.

Try googling "Razer Hydra".

tygertrip

Try googling "Razer Hydra".

Thanks! Yea, that might be the ticket. I've been a Razer fan since the Boomslang... nothing compared at the time. I'm probably the biggest fan of their Onza TE gamepad with the variable resistance. I can get the thumbsticks so tight that I can use them in a fps with something approaching precision. Anyway, off-topic. I think the hydra would be much better than fooling with any Move hacks... now I need a hack to use the onza with my ps3. :p

Top Bottom