• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2015

Shizuka

Well it's far off then. I don't think there's anything noteworthy for the Vita coming out in October though so I may get it.

Aghnw6d.jpg

VLiberty

VVVVVV is up on European PSN... I mean EFIGS European PSN.

I can't believe this, Strangely Compelling does PR and some localization for Arc System Works, 5pb and Nicalis and they seem to all have this issue right now (PBBG Vita didn't have this issue and Isaac was a PS+ game). I don't know if it's a huge coincidence or if Strangely Compelling also does the translation work for the store and completely blows it every time.

On the IT store is not up yet

Maybe it sold well in Japan? Or maybe Arc's habits with their fighting games are starting to rub off?

161 PSV Mato Kurenai Yuugekitai: Tokyo Twilight Ghosthunters 11,795 / 11,795
647 PS3 Mato Kurenai Yuugekitai: Tokyo Twilight Ghosthunters 7,669 / 7,669

Not the worst I've seen, I was meaning more that reception seemed to be lukewarm in both Japan and the west. I can't see many people returning to this.

That said, they made a fandisk sequel to XBlaze, so who knows what goes on at ASW :p

Saphirax

EDF 2 & 4.1 are coming to Europe:

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/earth-defense-force-41-earth-defense-force-2-coming-europe-this-year

And that NIS RPG that was teased is a first person dungeon crawler for Vita:

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/nippon-ichi-refrain-revealed-ps-vita

Also, apparently Koei Tecmo are porting Nobunaga's Ambition 6 to Vita (wat):

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/nobunaga...-power-up-kit-hd-version-announced-ps-vita-pc

Was just coming to post this. Nice start of the week for the Vita.

Flunkie

Banned
I totally forgot about this. Jeez VN overload
EDF 2 & 4.1 are coming to Europe:

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/earth-defense-force-41-earth-defense-force-2-coming-europe-this-year

And that NIS RPG that was teased is a first person dungeon crawler for Vita:

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/nippon-ichi-refrain-revealed-ps-vita

Also, apparently Koei Tecmo are porting Nobunaga's Ambition 6 to Vita (wat):

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/nobunaga...-power-up-kit-hd-version-announced-ps-vita-pc
EDF! EDF! EDF!

I bought Dungeon Travelers 2 last week, I will buy Steins;Gate today, and next week I'm getting DR:AE and MGSV.

And here I am still trying to finish Ar nosurge and EOU2 since last month and the new Hearthstone expansion just came out ahhhhhhhh.

Saphirax

I bought Dungeon Travelers 2 last week, I will buy Steins;Gate today, and next week I'm getting DR:AE and MGSV.

And here I am still trying to finish Ar nosurge and EOU2 since last month and the new Hearthstone expansion just came out ahhhhhhhh.

I bought DT2, Until Dawn, Amnesia and MGS V and still have a bunch of other games to finish, Ar nosurge included.

Iregretnothing.gif

when you want to release more stuff on vita but don't actually want to make something new and it's too soon to announce atelier swiss chalet plus, and no one bought bladestorm both times
port over a monster rancher game or trinity ps3 or something

I love everything about this post.

edit: There's also Ninja Gaiden 3, but given that they could barely get NG2 running on Vita and it sold like crap anyway, maybe they're skipping that one.

Hikami

Can't even go to the Danganronpa: Another Episode review thread without running into people posting spoilers. September 1st can't come fast enough.

autoduelist

I kinda wish I didn't buy DT2. Still haven't gotten around to playing it, nor do I think I will any time soon.

It's a solid game, I'm really enjoying it. There are a few [very] minor flaws, but so far I think it's the superior DRPG on vita.

Anyone play Quiet, Please ? Bought it for $5 bucks (The Quiet Collection with the seasonal stories) but haven't got to playing it. Curious of impressions here.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/the-quiet-collection-psvita/

I played the original Quiet Please! on PSM. It was a fun, short little puzzle game. You went around the house and, like in a point and click adventure, tried to quiet everything in the house so you could get some sleep. Cute and enjoyable for what it was, but it's the kind of game you pick up and solve in an hour [or so] - it's intentionally a bite sized game, not a long multi-mission/area quest or anything.

I'd definitely recommend it for cheap, might get the bundle at some point too.

Shizuka

It's a solid game, I'm really enjoying it. There are a few [very] minor flaws, but so far I think it's the superior DRPG on vita.

I have a bias with Demon Gaze, but I do agree that overall, it's the tighest DRPG on the platform (just waiting for my review to go up).

CitrusStorm

Unconfirmed Member
So, just bought a PS4 today from Best Buy. I went ahead and got their 2-Year replacement plan, but I've also been hearing about the warranties and stuff that you can get from PSN and I've been wondering which one is the better plan to go with.

Should I go ahead and stick with the Best Buy one, or should I go ahead and get a refund on that to go with one of the network ones?

Skrams

Grim Fandago for $6 already seems like an alright price. I'll also probably pick up the Misadventures of Tron Bonne since it's already on sale. Dustforce for $4 on Vita seems pretty good as well.

Quite a few other things I might be tempted on if the price is good.

Ponn

Banned
I had already bought OP PW3 yesterday morning before that $25 settlement hit my email so now I have $25 sitting in my account. Do I get MM Legacy? Do I add a little and get Ultra Despair Girls? Or do I be prudent, realize I already have a shitload of games to play and just wait for those games to go on sale and hold on to the $25 for a good flash sale. hmmmm.

Benedict

Seems like the Dishonored PS4 version is a dud according to comments on the blog.
30fps and low texture resolution...
Had higher hopes about this considering it's from Betsheda.

Shizuka

I had already bought OP PW3 yesterday morning before that $25 settlement hit my email so now I have $25 sitting in my account. Do I get MM Legacy? Do I add a little and get Ultra Despair Girls? Or do I be prudent, realize I already have a shitload of games to play and just wait for those games to go on sale and hold on to the $25 for a good flash sale. hmmmm.

Danganronpa: Another Episode, Steins;Gate or Amnesia: Memories. Take your pick.

iosefe

seeing SW Bounty Hunter on sale reminded me about the upcoming PS4 enhanced port, which in turn reminded me of something bigger

the potential for PS1/PS2 emulation.

don't the touted features for Bounty Hunter ps4 match those from that thread detailing PS2 emulation?

is it happening? and instead of being commercially available, is merely used for up-ports

autoduelist

The sales for the past 2 or 3 months have been absolutely brutal on my wallet.

Anyone see anything wrong with the following purchases?

dustforce vita (???? not sure)
grim fandango vita (love it, finally grabbing it)
hotline miami 2 vita
we are doomed PS4 (never heard of it, but it's a dual stick shooter for $5)
titan souls vita (i've heard of it but have little idea what this is, getting it for the name alone)

i could easily be talked out of dustforce and titan souls...

I kind of want The Escapists PS4 but the price isn't quite right. Same with Putty Squad.

And i really wish some of those arcade cabinets were for vita...

seeing SW Bounty Hunter on sale reminded me about the upcoming PS4 enhanced port, which in turn reminded me of something bigger

the potential for PS1/PS2 emulation.

don't the touted features for Bounty Hunter ps4 match those from that thread detailing PS2 emulation?

is it happening? and instead of being commercially available, is merely used for up-ports

I think we'll get it at psx. But i was hoping for it last psx, so what do i know.

Top Bottom