• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2016

RK128

Today has quite a few big Vita releases XD!

Shiren, Asterisk War and (EU This Week, NA Next Week) Lazer Disco Defenders. Looking forward to covering the former one when it launches next week :). I am also very interested in seeing how the story of AW plays out, as the anime is quite weak. If the story in the works like Hollow Fragment did for SAO (fixing a lot of issues i had with the story in the show), then I will give AW a shot in the future!

Gal*Gun is a lot of fun so far and hope you guys consider giving it a shot when it launches soon in EU and next week in NA :D.

Have reviews for two indie vita titles (Chameleon Spy & 10 Second Ninja) coming out this week, so consider giving them a read when they go live! The later I'm having a blast playing as it reminds me of Super Meat Boy X Sonic the Hedgehog if that makes sense.

Edit: Considering this is a franchise closely liked to PlayStation, figured it was worth sharing. Started my KH's Retrospective last night with one covering KH1! https://rk564.wordpress.com/2016/07/26/kingdom-hearts-retrospective-the-original-key/

autoduelist

And amazon fs up my Shiren preorder. It's odd... we order a million things from them without any issue, but they manage to f up 90% of my game preorders.

Fresh EU PSN Vita deals

Corpse Party (PSP) 3,59€
Corpse Party Book of Shadows (PSP) 3,59€
Killzone Mercenary 9,99€
La Mulana EX 5,99€
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune 19,99€
Severed 9,99€
Civ Rev 2 Plus 9,99 / 7,99€
Stranger of Sword City 24,99€
Superbeat Xonic 19,99€
XCOM 9,99€ / 7,99€
Child of Light 4,99€

People should pick up Severed and the Corpse Parties

Li Kao

Fresh EU PSN Vita deals

Corpse Party (PSP) 3,59€
Corpse Party Book of Shadows (PSP) 3,59€
Killzone Mercenary 9,99€
La Mulana EX 5,99€
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune 19,99€
Severed 9,99€
Civ Rev 2 Plus 9,99 / 7,99€
Stranger of Sword City 24,99€
Superbeat Xonic 19,99€
XCOM 9,99€ / 7,99€
Child of Light 4,99€

People should pick up Severed and the Corpse Parties

Fuck, I don't want to play region switching but those Corpse Party prices...

So, I know we had one not too long ago, but how often do the spend 100 get 15 back promotions come along?

Was thinking about pre-ordering Abzu and Bound for the discount and the themes to play down the road, but rather than buy them right away just wanted to check if there might be anything soonish.

Am I alone in playing Laser Disco Defenders, if so and if you have money, I think you should give it a chance.

IMO it's one of those games that understands what it is and why it is perfect for the Vita.

If you haven't seen/heard about the game before its a twin stick shooter that take place in closed "caves" in which your shots bounces instead of disappearing which leads to you contributing to your own bullet hell.

However, I have only played it for maybe an hour and I suck at twin stick shooters so I haven't finished it yet.

RK128

Am I alone in playing Laser Disco Defenders, if so and if you have money, I think you should give it a chance.

IMO it's one of those games that understands what it is and why it is perfect for the Vita.

If you haven't seen/heard about the game before its a twin stick shooter that take place in closed "caves" in which your shots bounces instead of disappearing which leads to you contributing to your own bullet hell.

However, I have only played it for maybe an hour and I suck at twin stick shooters so I haven't finished it yet.

I'm reviewing it for next week (NA launch) and really like what I played so far. Love the shot-bouncing-around gimmick and it looks fantastic on the PS Vita. Hope people give it a chance too :).

Really enjoying other games I'm reviewing as well; Chameleon Spy is a lot of fun for the simple mechanics/concept it plays around with, 10 Second Ninja is Sonic X Super Meat Boy to me and that rocks, and having fun with Gal*Gun despite its.....'suggestive nature'.

The Vita has a lot of great stuff releasing recently and its a great time to game on the platform :D.

Z.H.P. , Shiren or both?

Also, any thoughts on GalGun and Severed?

Edit: also Asterisk War?

ZHP is much cheaper and an excellent game. I'd start there before jumping into Shiren.

GalGun seems like your pervy/silly Vita game that you play away from others. Watched a video or two, gameplay didn't seem too hot. Unlike Senran that has all of that adult content in it but is actually good. Severed is a great DRPG, a bit short but solid.

EDIT: Just read the news that Severed is now out on iOS and it's cheaper than the Vita version. Something to consider.

Asterisk War is a shitty anime. Pass on the game, hold the money and buy GER or something which is another Bamco release, is cheaper and actually good.

Houndi101

Anyone else run into a problem when trying to log into account maintenance but Captcha keeps pestering about being a robot?

deadfolk

Thanks Names!

I'll probably grab Z.H.P. and Shiren (while it's on sale), wait for a sale on GalGun and skip Asterisk.

Maybe also get Severed, depending on how the mood takes me. I don't have no iPhone, so it would be the Vita version for me.

autoduelist

Wow, going through new releases checking for reviews/etc.

Blue Rider gets fantastic reviews on steam -- i almost skipped over researching it because of the name, but it turns out it's a dual stick shooter [yay!] and is awesome. $8 bucks on sale during release week, I think i might just pick it up.

I was originally looking for Laser Disco Defenders, but unless I'm mistaken, that's not up on the US store?

And how did Hyper Light Drifter release to almost no fanfare?! I heard so much about this game for the last forever, and yet nothing the week it released? I didn't even know it was out. seems to be reviewing very well, though. Anyone know if we're getting a vita version?

So, I know we had one not too long ago, but how often do the spend 100 get 15 back promotions come along?

Twice a year, maybe?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

bobohoro

And how did Hyper Light Drifter release to almost no fanfare?! I heard so much about this game for the last forever, and yet nothing the week it released? I didn't even know it was out. seems to be reviewing very well, though. Anyone know if we're getting a vita version?

Played through the PS4-version and it ran fine, just some slight hiccups when engaging a mass of enemies.

Game itself is beautiful, imaginative and has fantastic music. It is also a blast to play and, albeit short, filled with quality content and lots of secrets to discover. It feels like a classic Zelda game with less focus on items, and more on combat, but with the same interesting world and exploration.

I feel like most folks (myself included) already played Hyper Light on their PCs. The release date for both the PC and console versions was too far apart.

RK128

I feel like most folks (myself included) already played Hyper Light on their PCs. The release date for both the PC and console versions was too far apart.

I'm personally waiting for the PS Vita version of Drifter before I play it, but I can understand your point. Many played the game on PC when it launched or at least, the people that had the most interest in the game played it on PC. I think when it lands on Vita, more people will be talking about it :).

Wow, going through new releases checking for reviews/etc.

Blue Rider gets fantastic reviews on steam -- i almost skipped over researching it because of the name, but it turns out it's a dual stick shooter [yay!] and is awesome. $8 bucks on sale during release week, I think i might just pick it up.

I was originally looking for Laser Disco Defenders, but unless I'm mistaken, that's not up on the US store?

We are getting a Vita version of Drifter but its releasing after the PS4 release, so hopefully it releases in September or October the latest.

Laser Disco Defenders is out in EU PSN but not NA PSN; its releasing on the NA PSN Store next Tuesday. From what I played of the game so far, its an inventive dual-stick shooter where you explore caves as one of four characters. Your shots stay in the level, bouncing all over the place and your goal is to get to the end of a wave of levels without dying. I like the game a lot from what I played, mainly from how fun the laser mechanic is; it makes every shot you make count and if you shoot a ton of shots all over the place, it makes the game very challenging avoiding attack.

Have reviews for that and the recently released 10 Second Ninja X (which is great!) coming in the future, but I reviewed the PSN game Chameleon Spy last night. I enjoyed the game for its fun, simple mechanics and felt that the level design did a lot with the core gameplay.

SuperPac

Not enough Headlander talk in here. Maybe these codes will help!

Please note these are region-specific. If you're in the Americas, take an SCEA code. Europe and SCEE territories, use SCEE!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 6 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1241371.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SuperPac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

1hFaqwB.png
SCEA Headlander (PSN) -- MB-DFD18FB6E9C595CD - Taken by Massa
1hFaqwB.png
SCEA Headlander (PSN) #2 -- MB-D2B78B5649258C4D - Taken by xenoflux2113
1hFaqwB.png
SCEA Headlander (PSN) #3 -- MB-B646577F9E77BA43 - Taken by Phototropic
1hFaqwB.png
SCEE Headlander (PSN) -- MB-5B679F45D7DDBE78 - Taken by Dragonslayer_023
1hFaqwB.png
SCEE Headlander (PSN) #2 -- MB-1421A2F1D07BC4DA - Taken by Spiral Insanity
1hFaqwB.png
SCEE Headlander (PSN) #3 -- MB-72ACB04ED7C4348E - Taken by Grim Patron

RK128

Not enough Headlander talk in here. Maybe these codes will help!

Please note these are region-specific. If you're in the Americas, take an SCEA code. Europe and SCEE territories, use SCEE!

That is really cool of you :D!

I would be excited about the game honestly, as I enjoy Double Fine's titles.....but don't have a PS4 nor a decent PC :l. Still, really cool that you are doing this and hope many participate in this giveaway :D!

autoduelist

Okay, I will definitely wait for the vita version of Hyper Light Drifter.

Man, i will never get why people think the vita is 'dead'. So many games. So many. I have a massive backlogged, I've played more than most, and yet there are still countless games already released that I need to buy [digimon currently my #1 want, severed, grand kingdom, and risk of rain up there] and more on the way.

Heck, just my -wishlist- [let alone backlog] for psp games to play on my vita is overwhelming. I'm still waiting for games I used to own on my old account to go on sale [eye of judgement, socom: tactical strike, more] so i can rebuy them.

I feel like i live in an alternate universe where I could spend the next 50 years playing vita games and the rest of the world thinks there are 'no games'.

Are Darkest Dungeon and Salt & Sanctuary both still coming to vita? I googled both just now, and it seems like it, i just want to make sure i didn't miss any sort of cancellation notice.

RK128

Okay, I will definitely wait for the vita version of Hyper Light Drifter.

Man, i will never get why people think the vita is 'dead'. So many games. So many. I have a massive backlogged, I've played more than most, and yet there are still countless games already released that I need to buy [digimon currently my #1 want, severed, grand kingdom, and risk of rain up there] and more on the way.

Heck, just my -wishlist- [let alone backlog] for psp games to play on my vita is overwhelming. I'm still waiting for games I used to own on my old account to go on sale [eye of judgement, socom: tactical strike, more] so i can rebuy them.

I feel like i live in an alternate universe where I could spend the next 50 years playing vita games and the rest of the world thinks there are 'no games'.

Are Darkest Dungeon and Salt & Sanctuary both still coming to vita? I googled both just now, and it seems like it, i just want to make sure i didn't miss any sort of cancellation notice.

Both are coming; contacted the studio making Darkest Dungeon about reviewing the game and they said they want to release it sometime this month or later. The later is stll coming but likely a September/October release.

wilflare

still waiting for the Vita version.
hope it turns out well.

and I should really consider preordering one of the PLAY 2016 games

autoduelist

oh well then.
just saw a video, it looks more like a shovelware than anything. no big loss.

Wow, what an epic shit post. Someone comes in here and drops 6 codes for a well reviewed game [so sad I missed a code!], and you immediately call it 'shovelware'. Disgusting.

VLiberty

Never heard of Headlander, but it looks cool. Wish I came here earlier, thanks man btw!

Wow, what an epic shit post. Someone comes in here and drops 6 codes for a well reviewed game [so sad I missed a code!], and you immediately call it 'shovelware'. Disgusting.

what were you expecting from him?

Takao

Banned

That someone being an employee of Headlander's publisher trying to generate discussion here.

But since we have someone from Adult Swim Games, are the Vita versions of Ray's the Dead, Volgarr the Viking and Rain World cancelled? I couldn't help but notice your site neglects to mention the platform, as did ASG's PlayStation Blog post. Is this an actual thing, or just another one of Sony's mistakes?

SuperPac

That someone being an employee of Headlander's publisher trying to generate discussion here.

I was being facetious. Next time I will not try to be humorous in future giveaway posts.

But since we have someone from Adult Swim Games, are the Vita versions of Ray's the Dead, Volgarr the Viking and Rain World cancelled? I couldn't help but notice your site neglects to mention the platform, as did ASG's PlayStation Blog post. Is this an actual thing, or just another one of Sony's mistakes?

We only published Volgarr on PC - so I don't have any information on other versions of that game. Unfortunately I have nothing to announce about the Vita versions of the other games you mention.

Takao

Banned
You think that excuses it?

Excuse what? Kinnukiman calling it shovelware? That's his opinion. You grabbed a code for the game. Play it and tell him why it's not shovelware. Or just put him on ignore. There are plenty of low effort troll posts and users on this forum.

I replied to autoduelist to point out that this wasn't just a Headlander super fan wanting more people to play the game.

We only published Volgarr on PC - so I don't have any information on other versions of that game. Unfortunately I have nothing to announce about the Vita versions of the other games you mention.

When a publisher can't just say, "Yes, they're still in development," 99% of the time that means they've been cancelled. When do you plan on telling Ray's the Dead backers?

Massa

Excuse what? Kinnukiman calling it shovelware? That's his opinion. You grabbed a code for the game. Play it and tell him why it's not shovelware.

Kinnukiman is a toxic poster to this thread that was deliberately acting like an asshole. Though I guess you're familiar with the idea.

I really hope in this instance "I have nothing to announce" is based on the fact that they're still releasing just they're not ready to be talking about/shown yet, rather than both of them being cancelled. Rain World & Rays the Dead would've both been day 1 purchases on Vita for me; less so on a console.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ok guys vita is officially jailbreaked, the good news is that we are able to play some emulators on vita(i hope mame and uae will come soon), the bad news is that this could kill vita.

redcrayon

Both are coming; contacted the studio making Darkest Dungeon about reviewing the game and they said they want to release it sometime this month or later. The later is stll coming but likely a September/October release.
Thanks for the update- I've been waiting patiently for vita versions of both of those.

wilflare

Ok guys vita is officially jailbreaked, the good news is that we are able to play some emulators on vita(i hope mame and uae will come soon), the bad news is that this could kill vita.

you can't kill that which is already dead.
but I guess you can destroy one's legacy

Phototropic

Neo Member
I played about an hour of Headlander last night. I was interested in the game anyway, but the giveaway was a good chance to check it out instead of adding it to my backlog.

I'm really enjoying it so far. I tend to like the idea of Metroidvania's more than actually playing them, but this is fun. The map is really useful and clear as far as objectives/locked areas which can be one of the frustrating aspects of these games. Also, the controls for moving your head around work really well for something that sounds like it might not be responsive in concept. The only minor complaint I have is that the aiming controls could be a little more precise.

This seems very comparable to Shadow Complex for people who liked that game but with more systems/puzzles and the cool setting/theme.

Top Bottom