• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2016

autoduelist

That someone being an employee of Headlander's publisher trying to generate discussion here.

So what?

Excuse what? Kinnukiman calling it shovelware? That's his opinion.

First, no. It's not 'opinion'. It's demonstrably false, it's wrong, it's incorrect. It's hyperbole used for trolling effect. Shovelware has a definition, and Headlanders doesn't come anywhere near it. There is re-skinned shovelware on the vita, and Headlanders is pretty much the exact opposite of that.

Second, even if he posted an actual legitimate troll 'opinion', like 'that game looks shitty'... he still deserves scorn. Someone came in here and gave us 6 codes. That's awesome. I don't care if they work for the company... do you see other companies doing this for us often? They deserve applause and a thankyou, and yes, maybe some of us read a review or two of it and end up buying it because we think we'd like it.

But immediately just trashing the game like that? It's inexcusable. It's low.

I almost suspect it's intentionally aimed at pushing companies that do nice things here away, given the poster.

I replied to autoduelist to point out that this wasn't just a Headlander super fan wanting more people to play the game.

I'm pretty sure that was obvious. It doesn't change my opinion at all.

Kinnukiman is a toxic poster to this thread that was deliberately acting like an asshole.

This.

RK128

So what?

First, no. It's not 'opinion'. It's demonstrably false, it's wrong, it's incorrect. It's hyperbole used for trolling effect. Shovelware has a definition, and Headlanders doesn't come anywhere near it. There is re-skinned shovelware on the vita, and Headlanders is pretty much the exact opposite of that.

Second, even if he posted an actual legitimate troll 'opinion', like 'that game looks shitty'... he still deserves scorn. Someone came in here and gave us 6 codes. That's awesome. I don't care if they work for the company... do you see other companies doing this for us often? They deserve applause and a thankyou, and yes, maybe some of us read a review or two of it and end up buying it because we think we'd like it.

I almost suspect it's intentionally aimed at pushing companies that do nice things here away, given the poster.

I'm pretty sure that was obvious. It doesn't change my opinion at all.

This.

I completely agree with this post. Even if Adult Swim Games came here to give away codes, so what? That was very cool of them and people had a chance to check out their game now.

- - - - - - - - -

To switch gears a bit, what games are you guys excited for? This coming month has some great stuff coming like Attack on Titan and Project Diva X, so looking forward to playing them when they come out :D.

I completely agree with this post. Even if Adult Swim Games came here to give away codes, so what? That was very cool of them and people had a chance to check out their game now.

Masa hit the nail right on the head; Kinnukiman is a toxic poster on Gaf sometimes and was a reason I stopped coming here for a while in the past. But everyone is entitled to their view point and opinion, so oh well.

- - - - - - - - -

To switch gears a bit, what games are you guys excited for? This coming month has some great stuff coming like Attack on Titan and Project Diva X, so looking forward to playing them when they come out :D.

Project diva X, attack on Titan, deus ex, King of fighters as of now.

Zhao_Yun

Looking forward to Diva X, but I don't know whether I'll get it at launch since Europe doesn't get a physical release and I want to wait for DLC news first before I commit to an import. Future Tone also decreased my hype for X. Actually thinking about God Eater 2, but I am not sure whether Hunting Games are for me.

Saphirax

Masa hit the nail right on the head; Kinnukiman is a toxic poster on Gaf sometimes and was a reason I stopped coming here for a while in the past. But everyone is entitled to their view point and opinion, so oh well.

- - - - - - - - -

God Eater!

And then trying to survive the mass influx of new games in September and October.

RK128

Nice set of games guys :D!

Personally looking forward to getting both God Eaters on my Vita next month and Sep/Oct is going to be a crazy month XD!

Its a great time to be a Vita gamer, as so much is coming to the handheld :).

maouvin

For Vita not much buuuuut I missed a bunch of games that were on my wishlist (Odin Sphere, God Eater, Grand Kingdom and more), so I'm hyped for some sales :p and for a localization announcement for Toukiden 2, of course.

Beyond Vita, I'm hyped for Kat 2 and whatever Blizzard graces us with on Overwatch.

Takao

Banned
Kinnukiman is a toxic poster to this thread that was deliberately acting like an asshole. Though I guess you're familiar with the idea.

Because not all of my posts come across as though I could be a viral marketer? #greatnessawaits #4theplayers

This forum is largely anti-self promotion, especially when it comes to the unsolicited and undisclosed kind.

kunnikuman

Neo Member
would i be hitting right on the head if i said you are just as toxic if not anymore by accusing me of it?
it's not my fault you don't want to further engage in a very passionate arguement and just give up by saying i dont want be here anymore in middle of conversation or i dont want continue because you didn't like my opinion. it's pretty childish as others have said before to you.

it's not intentional. you can think as whatever you'd like to though.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shovelware#Shovelware_video_games

also it's pretty normal to trash video games just like that. this is neogaf. And i don't think for example anyone would buy a sonic 06 after watching videos.

besides they can give hundreds of codes to market their game or pay for positive reviews but it won't change anything of what i said. not to mention reviews are pretty much worthless to read these days so it's best to just look at the game itself anyway and decide if it's right for you or not.

mauaus

Played Headlander, about 4 hours in and have loved every minute, its an awesome game. Nice humor, decent graphics, fun mechanics.
Its easy to hate on a game you have no interest in playing, why not keep it civil and express your impressions on a game if/when you play it.

RK128

Played Headlander, about 4 hours in and have loved every minute, its an awesome game. Nice humor, decent graphics, fun mechanics.
Its easy to hate on a game you have no interest in playing, why not keep it civil and express your impressions on a game if/when you play it.

Glad you are enjoying the game Mauaus :).

has there been any Kickstarter projects that fulfilled the Vita versions? I'm somewhat wary (game does seem great though)

Starlight Inception
Various Pinball Arcade stuff
Airship Q
Dragon Fin Soup
Citizens of Earth

Upcoming (as in, with a higher likelihood than most based on actually showing the game on Vita in various states):

Cosmic Star Heroine
Shantae: Half Genie Hero
Mechrunner

It's not a great success ratio indeed, so I can understand any pessimism.

Bowl0l

Question to gaf:
PSN pre-order give free games like Telltale's Batman gives The Wolf Among Us.

I already owned The Wolf Among Us. What will happen to the so called pre-order bonus?

Okay, just loaded up on PSN catds. Thinking of going with Abzu, Telltale Batman Season Pass, and Bound.

There's so much coming out this month. Also have Valley on my radar, and haven't decided whether to go physical or digital for No Man's Sky and Deus Ex.

Shizuka

Starlight Inception
Various Pinball Arcade stuff
Airship Q
Dragon Fin Soup
Citizens of Earth

Upcoming (as in, with a higher likelihood than most based on actually showing the game on Vita in various states):

Cosmic Star Heroine
Shantae: Half Genie Hero
Mechrunner

It's not a great success ratio indeed, so I can understand any pessimism.

Citizens of Earth didn't meet its goal on Kickstarter and Atlus picked up the project.

mauaus

Just platinumed Headlander, dont understand the bad reviews, the game hooked me and it was fun from beginning to end (i know reviews were mostly positive)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Guys i think i have a (huge?)problem with trillion god of destruction, i have lots of passive skills but since the beginning only one is shown during fights(solid mind), is it a bug or what? I focused on passive skills so i need them!

I have many passive skills that modify attack and other things, look at this screen for example
Trillion-PV_03-24-16.jpg

My game only shows solid mind.

Saphirax

Guys i think i have a (huge?)problem with trillion god of destruction, i have lots of passive skills but since the beginning only one is shown during fights(solid mind), is it a bug or what? I focused on passive skills so i need them!

I have many passive skills that modify attack and other things, look at this screen for example
Trillion-PV_03-24-16.jpg

My game only shows solid mind.

It shows the passives that stack/increase during your fights. There's no need to show all other passives. If I recall correctly Solid Mind increases your attack % for every turn you don't move so that's why it's shown.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It shows the passives that stack/increase during your fights. There's no need to show all other passives. If I recall correctly Solid Mind increases your attack % for every turn you don't move so that's why it's shown.

I have one that increases attack depending on the number of enenies on map, one depending on the number of enemies killed and others.

Saphirax

I have one that increases attack depending on the number of enenies on map, one depending on the number of enemies killed and others.

I believe those never show up. If they did your screen would be cluttered with all the passives.

They didn't show up for me either.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I believe those never show up. If they did your screen would be cluttered with all the passives.

They didn't show up for me either.

What's the point of the option to show passives or not? I understand not showing the passives that don't change during battle, but the others? If passives are too many then instead of showing them developers could have shown the cumulative bonus for each stat for example, as it is now it's half assed and has no sense at all! If i choose to show the passives it's because i want to know how effective are the passive skills i choose.

Saphirax

What's the point of the option to show passives or not? I understand not showing the passives that don't change during battle, but the others? If passives are too many then instead of showing them developers could have shown the cumulative bonus for each stat for example, as it is now it's half assed and has no sense at all! If i choose to show the passives it's because i want to know how effective are the passive skills i choose.

It's been a long time since I've played the game, but the passives should show - but they'd show on the stats screen.
So for the passive that increases your attack power for every enemy you kill you'd check your stats before you kill any enemies, kill one and then check your stats again.
Passives like Solid Mind etc are a little different since they can reset to 0.

Edit: Googled it as well and this is what I found:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/763291-trillion-god-of-destruction/73634307

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's been a long time since I've played the game, but the passives should show - but they'd show on the stats screen.
So for the passive that increases your attack power for every enemy you kill you'd check your stats before you kill any enemies, kill one and then check your stats again.
Passives like Solid Mind etc are a little different since they can reset to 0.

Edit: Googled it as well and this is what I found:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/763291-trillion-god-of-destruction/73634307

Thanks, i guess that's the case but i still don't like it though, in a game with a limited time where you need to plan each day to get a certain skill or another it's really important to see how effective skills are, especially if the game gives you the option to show those effects or not.

autoduelist

it's not intentional. you can think as whatever you'd like to though.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shovelware#Shovelware_video_games

So what's the point of your link? Shovelware as a term has existed for a long time, and it has an established definition. The 'shovel' in the name gives it away, as if you're just shoveling software at a system.

Reskinned mahjong and tower defense games, flappy bird clones, the waggle-mini-game collections on wii [carnival type games, etc].

Headlander has a comfortable 77 on metacritic, has plenty of 9/10 reviews, and many reviews tend to say it does things interestingly:
"and it doesn't just stay true to classic Metroidvanias – it also builds upon the foundations that they laid." - push square
"Headlander is an unexpectedly great take on Metroidviania-style action. " - ign
"Double Fine was able to take a classic gaming genre and imbue new life into it" - aotf
(all of these just grabbed from metacritics blurbs]

It's nothing like shovelware. You're using the wrong term, and using it rudely.

I have little interest in the game; it's not my genre. But whatever compels you to see someone give away 6 codes and immediately shit on the game is just pathetic.

also it's pretty normal to trash video games just like that. this is neogaf.

It's pathetic, not normal.
If you think that makes you 'fit in', you're wrong. It makes you sound like a petulant school child who didn't get a free thing and lashed out because they haven't yet learned how to communicate properly.

This forum is largely anti-self promotion, especially when it comes to the unsolicited and undisclosed kind.

That doesn't justify him being a complete jerk.

Plenty of devs give away codes on this site [shutsumi being the most recent one I personally recieved]. It's not common, but it's not rare, either. And it certainly doesn't necessitate coming in and shitting up the thread calling a well reviewed game 'shovelware'.

This site also has a strong stance against shit posts and general troll posts, and kunnikuman has been abusive to certain members of this forum multiple times.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
We'll get Saga news around TGS, better be the best game ever after all this time lol.

also

https://twitter.com/PygmyStudio/statuses/759913937118728192

La Mulana Ex has sold 600k.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/759914634891505665

Volgarr the Viking has been rated for Vita. We were just talking about this the other day in the PSN thread! (Although Adult Swim Games aren't involved with this one, and it's the one that's actually making it to the handheld).

600k is impressive!

autoduelist

So... my vita just got dunked in water. It only lasted maybe 1 or 2 seconds, but it was a full dunk.

I immediately hit the power button, drained it as best i could, and put it in the sun.

Any ideas? I guess I need to wait at least 24 hours before turning it on at the very least. This is a white US assassin's creed bundle oled. If this thing is dead, what happens with Sony?

This accident involved a spider jumping on my face. I love spiders, but at the time I had no idea what the hell was happening. Dammitall.

Shizuka

So... my vita just got dunked in water. It only lasted maybe 1 or 2 seconds, but it was a full dunk.

I immediately hit the power button, drained it as best i could, and put it in the sun.

Any ideas? I guess I need to wait at least 24 hours before turning it on at the very least. This is a white US assassin's creed bundle oled. If this thing is dead, what happens with Sony?

This accident involved a spider jumping on my face. I love spiders, but at the time I had no idea what the hell was happening. Dammitall.

Soak it in rice and leave there for a day.

So... My ps4 is getting loud,1cm white lines appear if it's very loud, display cut out a couple of times in one session, sounds like a dying gpu to me. It's under warranty for another month so I guess sending it in would be a good idea or are Sony anal about repairing only when the thing is almost or actually dead?

Also, if I take out my 2tb drive and put it back in after repair, assuming they don't replace the whole console, will it(2tb) still work after I factory reset it(with the stock drive in) or will I have to re-format the 2tb drive.

Chuy

So... My ps4 is getting loud,1cm white lines appear if it's very loud, display cut out a couple of times in one session, sounds like a dying gpu to me. It's under warranty for another month so I guess sending it in would be a good idea or are Sony anal about repairing only when the thing is almost or actually dead?

Also, if I take out my 2tb drive and put it back in after repair, assuming they don't replace the whole console, will it(2tb) still work after I factory reset it(with the stock drive in) or will I have to re-format the 2tb drive.
Sony support from what I hear very good. As long as you haven't voided the warranty you should be fine sending it in. As for the hard drive not to sure but if you just take it out and put it back after they fix the console you should be fine. Assuming the console wasn't replaced that is.

TsuWave

did anyone else get a terms of service update on ps4? i clicked "agree" and now is asking me for a bunch of questions and settings as if i was a new psn user. i'm getting worried.

edit - nvm. it seems it was a standard update. just weird i had to go through all them security settings again.

Armaly

So I haven't used my Vita in months. Just charged and turned it on and a ton of bubbles are missing. I remember I backed some stuff up on my pc and transferred it to a card for my ps tv. Currently the system says I have 25gb left on my 64gb card but there are only 8gb worth of games I can actually see. Is there a way to get all my games back without redownloading from the store?

Edit: So i'm using my backups on my computer and putting them on my 64gb card again. It's transferring and the space left is still staying at 25gb. hmm.

Edit 2: So I have a bunch of games "waiting to install" in my notification tray but when I select one I get could not find application.

Edit 3: Fixed

Top Bottom