• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

Yasumi

Banned
So just found out that the Japanese version of Project Diva f has gotten a PSTV patch?
How does it work? Will it only work with DS4 for the touchpad?

Any way we can ping sega to get that one here if it swaps analogues for screen!
Didn't see a new patch, but it does work. Star notes were impossible to hit with the PS3 controller, but PS4 controller had no issues. Only downside is no calibration, so unless you have a good TV, there's nothing you can do about the input lag.

Vylash

didn't bother voting because i figured that witcher nonsense would win but damn maybe i should have

and man this month is barren outside of re;birth 3

Performance wise you mean? Cuz it's raved about over with PCGAF :p

I remember it running OK. It is no looker tho. The game is very 1999. Lots of getting lost in a level and not sure what to do. You trying to find keys to unlock doors. The AI is dumb 1999 stuff. Lots of hordes of enemies like 1999. The humor is 1999 too:

JtYZc2L.jpg

Might be good if you are nostalgic for the original.

SerTapTap

I love Shadow Warrior (but performance wasn't it's strong suit even on PC, haven't played it since the DX11 patch), it's certainly an acquired taste though. Never did beat it either, it really is long.

Dat type-0 rumor.

They better fix the goddamn motion blur on console if it's a toggle on PC. I'd have sold my copy if I didn't get the LE and I never sell games anymore.

Shizuka

For those waiting for Operation Abyss, you better be ready. It's not as beginner-friendly as Demon Gaze, so if you're thinking of getting OpAbyss as your first DRPG, I'd suggest otherwise.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That sounds pretty good actually, because demon gaze was veering a bit too much into "My First DRPG" for me.

Tizoc

Huh...what game or book releasing in September should I get with it for free shipping...

For PS4 owners
The PS3 would download one file at a time, how do I make the PS4 do that? I've got like dozens of games I want to download on the sucker @_@

Huh...what game or book releasing in September should I get with it for free shipping...

For PS4 owners
The PS3 would download one file at a time, how do I make the PS4 do that? I've got like dozens of games I want to download on the sucker @_@

Pause everything else manually with X. Otherwise the PS4 downloads what it wants

SerTapTap

For PS4 owners

You can pause as said, unless you really want to play something right now I'd just let it do it's thing though, it auto-installs and is fairly smart about downloading many at once. It's nothing like the PS3 set up at all. Play your game or put it in rest mode and come back later to a bunch of fully installed and patched games.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
x86 tablet + ipega or similar is a great way to go.
I wonder how powerful would it need to be to run a next gen game. If Sunset Overdrive ever comes to PC I might decide to either upgrade my PC or buy a very powerful Windows tablet.

Or I might just buy an Xbox One since it also has FH2, Crackdown, Halos and hopefully a full Gears collection but then I'd still be tempted by an x86 tablet, and I'd have to buy a Wii U and a PS4 first as those are my priority. :(

Not enough money and not nearly enough time to play all the things I'm interested in. The fun part is that probably Vita+3DS+PS3(+ some more games on PSP/DS/GBA/PS2/Wii/GC/iOS I've never played) could be enough to keep me entertained for the next 10 years.
Yeah win10+controller is still the number one candidate as my vita successor but i would really like a real handheld form factor :\

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I assume there's no hint at a EDF2 LE, right?

Not at the moment, anyway. I can't really think of what would be in an EDF LE, honestly. The series has never had the most interesting visual style, so an artbook wouldn't be all that great. Same with the music, despite being composed by one of my favorite composers, Masafumi Takada (seriously, I can't believe the same person who did No More Heroes and Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles does EDF's music, and has since the beginning).

EDF's definitely a game that is much, much more than the sum of its parts, now that I think about it.

Tizoc

Pause everything else manually with X. Otherwise the PS4 downloads what it wants

You can pause as said, unless you really want to play something right now I'd just let it do it's thing though, it auto-installs and is fairly smart about downloading many at once. It's nothing like the PS3 set up at all. Play your game or put it in rest mode and come back later to a bunch of fully installed and patched games.

Blargh. So just set up a bunch of games for download and leave it be in Rest mode?

Any options I should turn on so it will continue to dl while in rest mode?

Not at the moment, anyway. I can't really think of what would be in an EDF LE, honestly. The series has never had the most interesting visual style, so an artbook wouldn't be all that great. Same with the music, despite being composed by one of my favorite composers, Masafumi Takada (seriously, I can't believe the same person who did No More Heroes and Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles does EDF's music, and has since the beginning).

EDF's definitely a game that is much, much more than the sum of its parts, now that I think about it.
A nice box to display on my shelf and brag about on internet forums is all I ask.
Probably not, which is why the base game is $30, they'll try to move as many copies as possible.
yeah, the 30$ price is pretty great. Hopefully it sells enough to keep the games coming over here readily.
This is basically the official Vita thread though :eek:
There's an awful meme for this sort of post.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
For those waiting for Operation Abyss, you better be ready. It's not as beginner-friendly as Demon Gaze, so if you're thinking of getting OpAbyss as your first DRPG, I'd suggest otherwise.

Its actually easier than DG starting out due to the fact you get a full party once you make it past the intro.

Game is not any more or less hard than their other titles outside of SoSC. Once players figure out how upgrading things work game is not all that difficult. That and the design feature which makes knowing what abilities / resistance monsters are weak / strong against. But its only mostly a larger issue with a particular monster type that shows up mainly in a single dungeon. Demon Gaze had similar issues with things not being explained also, hence all of the questions you would constantly see in the OT.

If a player is doing something silly like trying to rush through the game and not have yourself properly equipped / upgraded then yeah you are going to have issues as with any game. As any DRPG its stats / gear based.

Overall hardly a game that would bar someone who is new to the genre from playing.

The Elminage series on the other hand is something that you dont go suggesting to new players to the genre. lol

VLiberty

Yeah win10+controller is still the number one candidate as my vita successor but i would really like a real handheld form factor :\

iPega isn't really a controller:
71UjJc-Q1dL._SX522_.jpg

though it's still not as good as a handheld, but doesn't look bad.

Now that I think about it, is Windows 10 the same even on phones? Like, will I be able to play PC games on my lumia 435?

Its actually easier than DG starting out due to the fact you get a full party once you make it past the intro.

Game is not any more or less hard than their other titles outside of SoSC. Once players figure out how upgrading things work game is not all that difficult. That and the design feature which makes knowing what abilities / resistance monsters are weak / strong against. But its only mostly a larger issue with a particular monster type that shows up mainly in a single dungeon. Demon Gaze had similar issues with things not being explained also, hence all of the questions you would constantly see in the OT.

If a player is doing something silly like trying to rush through the game and not have yourself properly equipped / upgraded then yeah you are going to have issues as with any game. As any DRPG its stats / gear based.

Overall hardly a game that would bar someone who is new to the genre from playing.
Demon Gaze is one of the most lenient DRPGs as far as -- as you put it -- "not have yourself properly equipped / upgraded" I've played in recent memory. which is perhaps the source of Shizuka's comment.

Shizuka

I don't want to delve into the subject any longer, since I'll be writing a proper review, but I'd argue that it's still not easier than Demon Gaze. Maybe it's just me, but the game will be released next week and people are free to share their opinions regarding that once the time comes.

SerTapTap

Now that I think about it, is Windows 10 the same even on phones? Like, will I be able to play PC games on my lumia 435?

Windows phone 10 isn't the same as desktop win 10. I'm not sure about tablets though, I think they may have killed RT with a focus on x86 tablets? I'm quite happy with my Surface so I don't care too much about what happens there, though the Surfaces are obviously too large to completely replace a handheld.

Blargh. So just set up a bunch of games for download and leave it be in Rest mode?

Any options I should turn on so it will continue to dl while in rest mode?

I think it's on by default, I think you can change which features activate in Rest Mode right from the "hold PS button" menu now. I leave it all on except USB, which I leave at "3 hours after turning off the console", until I got an external charger for my DS4s at least. The software suspend is fantastic (just don't use it with Omega Quintet) and the rest mode downloads are great too.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Demon Gaze Sunday Update

Got the 7th and almost done with the 8th demon in only a few hours. Difficulty became a joke after getting Demon Rage skill last week, but this week an equally broken skill that allows the Demon Gazer to always have max attack range has come to surface. If I get only one of these from an artifact somewhere it will allow me to put everyone but the max vitality Paladin in the backrow, buff her gear for nothing but def, buff her with the cleric, and roll with the back party.

Every boss fight lately has just been throw out Neptune's Shower for minor heals at the end of the turn, summon Mars, enrage Mars, win.

Shizuka

Demon Gaze Sunday Update

Got the 7th and almost done with the 8th demon in only a few hours. Difficulty became a joke after getting Demon Rage skill last week, but this week an equally broken skill that allows the Demon Gazer to always have max attack range has come to surface. If I get only one of these from an artifact somewhere it will allow me to put everyone but the max vitality Paladin in the backrow, buff her gear for nothing but def, buff her with the cleric, and roll with the back party.

Every boss fight lately has just been throw out Neptune's Shower for minor heals at the end of the turn, summon Mars, enrage Mars, win.

You'll get to the point where you'll find bosses that'll OHKO Mars in a single turn, depending on the difficulty you chose.

VLiberty

Windows phone 10 isn't the same as desktop win 10. I'm not sure about tablets though, I think they may have killed RT with a focus on x86 tablets? I'm quite happy with my Surface so I don't care too much about what happens there, though the Surfaces are obviously too large to completely replace a handheld.
Ah I was under the impression that W10 was gonna be the same across all platforms, but it was too good to be true. WP will likely keep being shit then (of course from a games perspective only, with the store being much weaker than AS or GPS; the OS itself is a blast, at least WP8)

Kudo

Ah I was under the impression that W10 was gonna be the same across all platforms, but it was too good to be true. WP will likely keep being shit then (of course from a games perspective only, with the store being much weaker than AS or GPS; the OS itself is a blast, at least WP8)

This is off-topic but I also think Windows Phone OS is really sleek and nice looking, only thing it is missing is proper application support cause it has.. nothing. My favourite mobile OS.

Not much for me in June, Natsuiro Highschool is the only game that I'm looking forward to, but I might be forgetting some gems.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You'll get to the point where you'll find bosses that'll OHKO Mars in a single turn, depending on the difficulty you chose.

I'm on max, and yeah, she can get wrecked lately, usually in some of those big horde matches with a second row that can attack.

Tapejara

Happy new thread!

As I said in last month's thread: glad Class of Heroes 2G is finally coming out on PSN. Looking forward to Operation Abyss, Payday 2 and Nep Re;Birth 3 this month.

UK users - Shopto have physical copy of Terraria for £8.86.

Not sure you'll see it new for this price again. It's only just come out too, which is odd:

edit: Site is banned apparently, but you can just search for it on there.

SerTapTap

Speaking of tablets, anyone using remoteplay via bluestacks? Is there any free way to use my DS4 on there? it didn't seem to recognize it plugged in, with or without DS4Windows. I was thinking of trying remote play on my Surface since while I can output my PS4 to the bedroom TV, it's JUST at the distance/interference level where the bluetooth craps out on occasion while Vita remoteplay works perfectly fine. But not all games have Vita friendly control schemes and it'd be nice to use a slightly larger screen sometimes.

Oh, okay "windows 10 mobile" is the phone and possibly tablet OS. X86 is fantastic for compatibility but ARM wins for power consumption so there was always going to be an ARM branch of win 10 for phones. win 10 might see much higher use of the windows store though. I agree the app situation is dire, but since I have x86 it doesn't matter too much on my surface.

Happy new thread!

As I said in last month's thread: glad Class of Heroes 2G is finally coming out on PSN. Looking forward to Operation Abyss, Payday 2 and Nep Re;Birth 3 this month.

Same, except no payday 2 (or anything competitive multiplayer focused) for me. Still working on Neptunia Victory 2 though. And I need to check out the new content in the Estival Versus patch

Tapejara

Speaking of tablets, anyone using remoteplay via bluestacks? Is there any free way to use my DS4 on there? it didn't seem to recognize it plugged in, with or without DS4Windows. I was thinking of trying remote play on my Surface since while I can output my PS4 to the bedroom TV, it's JUST at the distance/interference level where the bluetooth craps out on occasion while Vita remoteplay works perfectly fine. But not all games have Vita friendly control schemes and it'd be nice to use a slightly larger screen sometimes.

Oh, okay "windows 10 mobile" is the phone and possibly tablet OS. X86 is fantastic for compatibility but ARM wins for power consumption so there was always going to be an ARM branch of win 10 for phones. win 10 might see much higher use of the windows store though. I agree the app situation is dire, but since I have x86 it doesn't matter too much on my surface.

Same, except no payday 2 (or anything competitive multiplayer focused) for me. Still working on Neptunia Victory 2 though. And I need to check out the new content in the Estival Versus patch

I was going to ask you how Nep V II was, but I didn't want to send a PSN message in case you were recording for your YT channel or something. So yeah, how are you liking V II?

SerTapTap

I was going to ask you how Nep V II was, but I didn't want to send a PSN message in case you were recording for your YT channel or something. So yeah, how are you liking V II?

I prefer tweets/etc anyway, while I have a bluetooth keyboard it's sort of a pain to message on PSN. Really liking it (made some posts in the Neptunia Community Thread already). IT's very fast and responsive, combat's very fast especially if you skip animations, only one map has had performance issues so far. Great IQ too. Character models look great other than some low-poly edges on some of the clothes, and while the game has "real" lighting now it occasionally looks a bit odd against the anime characters, but overall it's a solid graphical upgrade and I wouldn't have asked for much more.

They fixed EXE so it's no longer an instant win button, it's more like a resource, and it's no longer retained between fights. Now you spam Rush attacks to build EXE and use it to execute formation skills or EXE skills (not that much stronger than SP skills, but they don't cost SP) or to transform into HDD. Nice magical girl esque transformations for HDD. New combo system is pretty great. Scout system...doesn't suck (that bad), surprisingly. Seems improved in pretty much all ways at least gameplay/graphics-wise. Pretty much all of the new music is good too.

Barely know what's going on story/humor wise of course. Game has a very different structure from the other games including separate story arcs for each nation at one point. Will be cool to see some of the story told without Neptune TBH.

Tapejara

I prefer tweets/etc anyway, while I have a bluetooth keyboard it's sort of a pain to message on PSN. Really liking it (made some posts in the Neptunia Community Thread already). IT's very fast and responsive, combat's very fast especially if you skip animations, only one map has had performance issues so far. Great IQ too. Character models look great other than some low-poly edges on some of the clothes, and while the game has "real" lighting now it occasionally looks a bit odd against the anime characters, but overall it's a solid graphical upgrade and I wouldn't have asked for much more.

They fixed EXE so it's no longer an instant win button, it's more like a resource, and it's no longer retained between fights. Now you spam Rush attacks to build EXE and use it to execute formation skills or EXE skills (not that much stronger than SP skills, but they don't cost SP) or to transform into HDD. Nice magical girl esque transformations for HDD. New combo system is pretty great. Scout system...doesn't suck (that bad), surprisingly. Seems improved in pretty much all ways at least gameplay/graphics-wise. Pretty much all of the new music is good too.

Barely know what's going on story/humor wise of course. Game has a very different structure from the other games including separate story arcs for each nation at one point. Will be cool to see some of the story told without Neptune TBH.

Cool, I look forward to playing localized version.

*goes back to chipping away at Nep mk2 because goddamnit I must be the only person who hates Nepgear*

SerTapTap

Cool, I look forward to playing localized version.

*goes back to chipping away at Nep mk2 because goddamnit I must be the only person who hates Nepgear*

I've heard of a few people who don't like her, I certainly don't agree though. She's gotten worse since they started focusing on the robots thing though IMO, don't care for that. Nepgeardam is funny as a skill but they bring it up too much outside of that.

Rebirth 2 or Mk2? VII kind of feels like they finally understand what they wanted to do with Mk2's weirdass SP system. The Victory style EXE meter was interesting but definitely a bandaid. It's more like a fighting game style super meter now where it was too overpowered before and being able to carry it between battles made it worse.

As a side effect, being out of SP isn't so huge a deal in VII, if you can spam rush attacks you can fire off formation/EXE skills instead, though it'll take a few more turns to get ready.

Also the quest markers are great. While I enjoyed Omega Quintet, it would have been a far better game if it were built on top of some of the conveniences in this game. Though I still miss a few things from *w* in this one (teleporting around the maps was neat though it's less important as there's less map revisiting in VII)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I tried Invokers Tournament a little, i don't really like it(i'm not into online games) but it looks good and runs perfectly on Vita.

Tapejara

I've heard of a few people who don't like her, I certainly don't agree though. She's gotten worse since they started focusing on the robots thing though IMO, don't care for that. Nepgeardam is funny as a skill but they bring it up too much outside of that.

Rebirth 2 or Mk2? VII kind of feels like they finally understand what they wanted to do with Mk2's weirdass SP system. The Victory style EXE meter was interesting but definitely a bandaid. It's more like a fighting game style super meter now where it was too overpowered before and being able to carry it between battles made it worse.

As a side effect, being out of SP isn't so huge a deal in VII, if you can spam rush attacks you can fire off formation/EXE skills instead, though it'll take a few more turns to get ready.

Also the quest markers are great. While I enjoyed Omega Quintet, it would have been a far better game if it were built on top of some of the conveniences in this game. Though I still miss a few things from *w* in this one (teleporting around the maps was neat though it's less important as there's less map revisiting in VII)

mk2. I've been chipping away it for about three years now. Absolutely loved the original Neptunia, but mk2 just never clicked with me, and now I'm see deep in the Neptunia backlog.

Yeah, that SP system really sucks. I've honestly just resorted to using a guide for everything because I want to get the game over with so I can move on to Victory.

Started playing Corpse Party in preparation for Blood Drive. Finished Chapter 1 last night and...
why did Seiko have to die! I liked her :(
. I'm playing it on the PSP and the motion blur is really bothering, also the subs are too slow even on fast settings and the audio fades in and out when any character talks which I find distracting, all technical issues, everything else seems excellent and the story is really intriguing.

I wish the original Payday was HDed to PS4 instead. The first one is so much better in my opinion. I guess the original was PS+ so everybody already got it for no extra money.

SerTapTap

mk2. I've been chipping away it for about three years now. Absolutely loved the original Neptunia, but mk2 just never clicked with me, and now I'm see deep in the Neptunia backlog.

Yeah, that SP system really sucks. I've honestly just resorted to using a guide for everything because I want to get the game over with so I can move on to Victory.

Despite the SP system being annoying I don't recall the game being TOO hard...rebirth 2 might be a better way to go but that depends on how far you got. You might just hop in to Victory/Rebirth 3, story doesn't really matter too much IMO. Most important things in 1 &2 are meeting the characters. And you don't even really need to meet Rom & Ram because there's barely a character there between the two of them.

Woffls

Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask, and I'm sure this has been asked many times, but can I download a PS+ game to my PS3 and PS4?

For example, Unfinished Swan is on both platforms, and my PS4 isn't here yet. But if I download it on PS3 now, will that stop me from downloading it on PS4 as well because I've authorised it on my PS4?

Thanks yo.

Top Bottom