• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

I remember it running OK. It is no looker tho. The game is very 1999. Lots of getting lost in a level and not sure what to do. You trying to find keys to unlock doors. The AI is dumb 1999 stuff. Lots of hordes of enemies like 1999. The humor is 1999 too:

JtYZc2L.jpg

Might be good if you are nostalgic for the original.

Don't be ridiculous, this is the best first person shooter I've played since Halo 3. Game is tons of fun. Don't play on high difficulties though since it's bullet sponge-y. The level design is somewhat open, but I think really the early levels were the only ones guilty of the "what the hell am I supposed to do/find" issue.

Massa

Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask, and I'm sure this has been asked many times, but can I download a PS+ game to my PS3 and PS4?

For example, Unfinished Swan is on both platforms, and my PS4 isn't here yet. But if I download it on PS3 now, will that stop me from downloading it on PS4 as well because I've authorised it on my PS4?

Thanks yo.

You can (and have to) buy PS4 games from the web store. In the case of cross buy games getting just one version is enough.

Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask, and I'm sure this has been asked many times, but can I download a PS+ game to my PS3 and PS4?

For example, Unfinished Swan is on both platforms, and my PS4 isn't here yet. But if I download it on PS3 now, will that stop me from downloading it on PS4 as well because I've authorised it on my PS4?

Thanks yo.

You can download to PS3, Vita and then download to PS4. There is no one platform restriction if the PS+ allows it to be access on that platform.

Don't be ridiculous, this is the best first person shooter I've played since Halo 3. Game is tons of fun. Don't play on high difficulties though since it's bullet sponge-y. The level design is somewhat open, but I think really the early levels were the only ones guilty of the "what the hell am I supposed to do/find" issue.

Different strokes for different folks but I found it tedious and didn't finish it. I thought goofy tone was fun and I wanted to like it. The PS4 touch pad controls were the straw breaker. Was there a patch to turn that crap off and map to a button? Those made the Killzone touch pad controls look like genius.

Different strokes for different folks but I found it tedious and didn't finish it. I thought goofy tone was fun and I wanted to like it. The PS4 touch pad controls were the straw breaker. Was there a patch to turn that crap off and map to a button? Those made the Killzone touch pad controls look like genius.

Yeah, I wasn't attacking your position, just emphatically proclaiming my love for the game. I would imagine playing with a controller to feel a bit clunky since even the PC controls sometimes feel pretty odd. Touch pad functionality would probably drive me mad. That combined with the reported port issues would lead me to recommend anyone with the option to grab it on PC, instead. It runs quite well. I can play it at pretty high graphics settings on my 7850 without any noticeable framerate issues (I might be able to play it on max with similar performance, but I typically turn off a lot of the effects).

Tapejara

I wish the original Payday was HDed to PS4 instead. The first one is so much better in my opinion. I guess the original was PS+ so everybody already got it for no extra money.

I thought the original was solid, but I was initially turned off by killing all of those cops lol. It grew on me though. Never played the second one, but my friend loves it and can't wait for the PS4 version so I might as well try it out.

Despite the SP system being annoying I don't recall the game being TOO hard...rebirth 2 might be a better way to go but that depends on how far you got. You might just hop in to Victory/Rebirth 3, story doesn't really matter too much IMO. Most important things in 1 &2 are meeting the characters. And you don't even really need to meet Rom & Ram because there's barely a character there between the two of them.

Games not hard, just a bit tedious. And ugh, Rom and Ram are such bad characters. Granted I never liked White Heart to begin with, but whatever. I was originally going to try and platinum the game, but I'm thinking I might just get to whatever ending I get and call it.

NormalFish knows what's good. Fucking love Shadow Warrior.

Woffls

You can (and have to) buy PS4 games from the web store. In the case of cross buy games getting just one version is enough.

You can download to PS3, Vita and then download to PS4. There is no one platform restriction if the PS+ allows it to be access on that platform.

Cheers. Just bought them through the web store, which makes it a bit clearer about what kind of transaction is going on. PS3 store buttons just said "Download" which kinda implied I already 'owned' the game and might tie it to the console, but I guess that's not the case.

Yeah, I wasn't attacking your position, just emphatically proclaiming my love for the game. I would imagine playing with a controller to feel a bit clunky since even the PC controls sometimes feel pretty odd. Touch pad functionality would probably drive me mad. That combined with the reported port issues would lead me to recommend anyone with the option to grab it on PS4, instead. It runs quite well. I can play it at pretty high graphics settings on my 7850 without any noticeable framerate issues (I might be able to play it on max with similar performance, but I typically turn off a lot of the effects).

Did you mean to say grab Shadow Warrior on PC instead? Sounds like it was more meant for PC. After further thinking about it I remember it stuttering at certain points on PS4 but I don't get easily bothered by that and must of not been that bad. Also I remember there was a button combination to do the special actions on PS4 but it was more frustrating than the touch controls for some reason.

BTW - I fully don't mind being told I am wrong and welcome it. :)

I thought the original was solid, but I was initially turned off by killing all of those cops lol. It grew on me though. Never played the second one, but my friend loves it and can't wait for the PS4 version so I might as well try it out.

Yeah if you were bothered by killing cops in Payday the second one has all the same cop killing. Yeah I don't like virtual cop killing either and I think the series would be better without it but I don't think it spurns violence or anything.

Cheers. Just bought them through the web store, which makes it a bit clearer about what kind of transaction is going on. PS3 store buttons just said "Download" which kinda implied I already 'owned' the game and might tie it to the console, but I guess that's not the case.

It is confusing but it doesn't matter which version or store you choose to download to obtain it for the month from PS+ assuming it is cross buy.

NormalFish knows what's good. Fucking love Shadow Warrior.
Damn Straight.
Did you mean to say grab Shadow Warrior on PC instead? Sounds like it was more meant for PC. After further thinking about it I remember it stuttering at certain points on PS4 but I don't get easily bothered by that and must of not been that bad. Also I remember there was a button combination to do the special actions on PS4 but it was more frustrating than the touch controls for some reason.

BTW - I fully don't mind being told I am wrong and welcome it. :)
Yes, I did. Even the PC version has some issues. Full screen options are buggy, for example. And yeah, the special moves are really clunky. I think there's an option on PC to hotkey them but I can't recall what those options are, tbh.

AsfaeksBR

Shadow Warrior ir amazing, extremely gorgeous (specially in later chapters), the story is really good and it's really fun. 15 amazingly spent hours.
It can get repetitive if you play too much in one sitting, though.

VLiberty

Oh, okay "windows 10 mobile" is the phone and possibly tablet OS. X86 is fantastic for compatibility but ARM wins for power consumption so there was always going to be an ARM branch of win 10 for phones. win 10 might see much higher use of the windows store though. I agree the app situation is dire, but since I have x86 it doesn't matter too much on my surface.

I knew I was forgetting something: the different architechture of the systems. Now I understand.

Unless i misunderstood something, according to this thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=962212

It's possible to play pc games on win8 tablets.

I know I know, I was asking for another thing but it was a stupid question, and I did even know it but I was probably a little confused when I wrote that part :lol

Found this, not massive news but I know there are a fair few Vita fans in here.

Panic Button Games (ported Disney Infinity 2.0 PS4 & Vita; helped with Injustice Vita, currently working on Octodad WiiU & Disney Infinity 3.0 Vita) have this listed on their site:

"TBA
Developing multiple projects for PS4, PS Vita, PlayStation TV, Xbox One, mobile, and consumer goods (console, mobile, & handheld, 2015, 2016)."

Obviously, just more porting by the looks of things, but makes me wonder what it is. Maybe they're the developers for XCOM/Civ Vita?

AsfaeksBR

I don't know if this interests anyone here, but Lichdom Battlemage is supposed to be coming to consoles according to Maximum Games website. Heard it was a great game on PC.

Oooooh yeah! It's amazing. The combat turns into a war machine throughout the game, the art style is really good. Although it suffers from the same problem as Shadow Warrior: It can be quite repetitive.

Will definately get it day 1 if it's $40

CrovaxPSO

For those waiting for Operation Abyss, you better be ready. It's not as beginner-friendly as Demon Gaze, so if you're thinking of getting OpAbyss as your first DRPG, I'd suggest otherwise.

I think there are just some things that take a little bit to get used to. As Parakeetman said, gear is more important in general. Either using gamble codes to get new pieces or upgrading the pieces you currently have. And in most cases if you can't find the way to proceed, it's either a specific spot you have to get to, a hidden door, or you have to "contact" someone in the right area outside the school. Other than those things, I think the main difficulty increase is some of the combat encounters in the 2nd half of the game, which can be overcome easily enough with levels, equipment, and new spells.

It's definitely more challenging on the whole, but that makes it a better game in my opinion.

Edit: Also things get much more manageable when the knight learns Aegis at level 14 (basically a taunt that also increases defense or avoidance, forget which). I forget what level that skill was learned in Demon Gaze.

Tapejara

I don't know the game, but I noticed that it's from the Farming Simulator publisher and we didn't get a Vita version of that one this year.

I don't think this would run on Vita anyway.

And yeah, they skipped out on the Vita/3DS versions of FS this year. But weren't both Vita games just ports of the mobile version? I remember the first one was pretty barebones.

Takao

Banned

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Edit: Also things get much more manageable when the knight learns Aegis at level 14 (basically a taunt that also increases defense or avoidance, forget which). I forget what level that skill was learned in Demon Gaze.

Front Guard was at Lv 4 / Devotion at Lv 12.

ryseing

Going to post this here since it might get some more attention. A former Sound Shapes dev is collaborating with a bunch of music acts to create a Vita/PS4 bound rhythm x tower defense hybrid. They're currently running a crowdfunding campaign that's almost over, though they're still a bit away from their goal. Vita and PS4 are in the base package.

OMG.

LIGHTS, Metric and Purity Ring?!?

Fucking backed.

Edit: and there are signed prints?!? This game is speaking my language.

AsfaeksBR

Going to post this here since it might get some more attention. A former Sound Shapes dev is collaborating with a bunch of music acts to create a Vita/PS4 bound rhythm x tower defense hybrid. They're currently running a crowdfunding campaign that's almost over, though they're still a bit away from their goal. Vita and PS4 are in the base package.

Holy moly, this looks amazing.
I was going to back Bloodstained aswell, but I'm not really feeling it. Will use it's money to back this, because this is my jam.

Shizuka

Holy moly, this looks amazing.
I was going to back Bloodstained aswell, but I'm not really feeling it. Will use it's money to back this, because this is my jam.

Every respectable Vita owner will get a complete Nep collection on the Vita before thinking of backing Vita Kickstarter projects.

ryseing

Every respectable Vita owner will get a complete Nep collection on the Vita before thinking of backing Vita Kickstarter projects.

Metric, Lights, and Purity Ring will possibly be in a video game.

Takes precedence over any RPG.

didn't bother voting because i figured that witcher nonsense would win but damn maybe i should have

By nonsense, you mean best RPG in years, right?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think there are just some things that take a little bit to get used to. As Parakeetman said, gear is more important in general. Either using gamble codes to get new pieces or upgrading the pieces you currently have. And in most cases if you can't find the way to proceed, it's either a specific spot you have to get to, a hidden door, or you have to "contact" someone in the right area outside the school. Other than those things, I think the main difficulty increase is some of the combat encounters in the 2nd half of the game, which can be overcome easily enough with levels, equipment, and new spells.

It's definitely more challenging on the whole, but that makes it a better game in my opinion.

Gear is almost meaningless in DG, it's so odd. I mean, it's there and mainly fleshed out, plus your characters learn so few skills naturally and the stats are so simple you'd think the main advancement method would be gear, especially with how they make getting it an integral part of the experience. But nope. There's not a ton of it and you only get a few good pieces per class per rank.

CrovaxPSO

Gear is almost meaningless in DG, it's so odd. I mean, it's there and mainly fleshed out, plus your characters learn so few skills naturally and the stats are so simple you'd think the main advancement method would be gear, especially with how they make getting it an integral part of the experience. But nope. There's not a ton of it and you only get a few good pieces per class per rank.

Yeah, I played it when I had just started learning Japanese so I didn't really understand how the gem circles worked so I mostly just ignored them. So my equipment the whole time was in a pretty sorry state. Party setup in that game means a lot more for sure.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

There most def is not as much gear in Demon Gaze so you wind up mostly using a lot of the unique stuff then just maxing it out with the excess of cash you build up along with turning the rest of the unwanted items into pixie dust for the upgrades lol.

Though maxing out the unique items does make a pretty good difference with how high the later ones can go.

Thats the nice thing about Abyss is that there is a lot more equipment in comparison to Demon Gaze. Though not all of it is useful of course.

Tizoc

I remember it running OK. It is no looker tho. The game is very 1999. Lots of getting lost in a level and not sure what to do. You trying to find keys to unlock doors. The AI is dumb 1999 stuff. Lots of hordes of enemies like 1999. The humor is 1999 too:

JtYZc2L.jpg

What's wrong with it being '1999-ish'?
What's wrong withg etting lost in levels? Do you want the game to hold your hand all the way? When you reach a door for it to give you a message that you must open the door?

What's wrong with having hordes of enemies to kill? YOU FIGHT WITH A KATANA, THROW EVERYTHING AT ME, I'MA SLICE AND DICE THEM.

Kids these days, you're too spoiled by all them call of booties.

RK128

Anyone looking forward to the PS+ games coming tomorrow? I know I'm looking forward to playing Gunslinger and Futuridium; the former for its fun FPS action and the latter for its Star Fox-esc gameplay :D.

It also helps that June 1st was my birthday, so I had a nice day to just chill and relax :); was nice eating a few pieces of a Cookie Cake. Can't wait to see what both this weeks PSN update brings and what E3 rolls out because I plan on getting a lot of great games :D!

Really hoping for a nice sale on PSN tomorrow; hopefully one focused on PSN Classics and Indie tittles (had an eye on a few PS1 Classics like RE2, Parasite Eve and others).

Wish everyone a happy June and that this is another month of greatness for the Vita :D!

What's wrong with it being '1999-ish'?
What's wrong withg etting lost in levels? Do you want the game to hold your hand all the way? When you reach a door for it to give you a message that you must open the door?

What's wrong with having hordes of enemies to kill? YOU FIGHT WITH A KATANA, THROW EVERYTHING AT ME, I'MA SLICE AND DICE THEM.

Kids these days, you're too spoiled by all them call of booties.

I think the game being ripped from the late 90's is nothing but a good thing; interesting level designs, creative weapons and bizarre premise can go a long way in making a shooter fresh and interesting :D. Don't own a PS4 or a powerful PC, so I can't give that game a shot, but it looks like a ton of fun so I hope people enjoy it :).

I'm definitely looking forward to trying Ground Zeroes.

I started MGS Peace Walker on my Vita earlier this week per Greg Miller's suggestion and like it far more than I thought I would! So a bite of this kind of game on PS4 sounds like a good idea to me!

It also helps that June 1st was my birthday, so I had a nice day to just chill and relax :); was nice eating a few pieces of a Cookie Cake.

Happy Birthday, dude! Hope it was superb/you wished for some nice E3 announcements ;)

RK128

I started MGS Peace Walker on my Vita earlier this week per Greg Miller's suggestion and like it far more than I thought I would! So a bite of this kind of game on PS4 sounds like a good idea to me!

Heard really good things about both that and Ground Zeroes; fun stealth tittles that skillfully use smart modern controls and other elements. Not a huge fan of the Metal Gear Solid series (though I own MGS 1-4 across PS3 and Vita alongside Rising on PS3), but I appreciate them as a classic series :). Have fun with the game tomorrow man :D.

Thank you :D! Me and my mom had a great day relaxing and we just finished watching a movie called 'The Judge'; great film :). Hope for some great E3 news too; really want a Wii U price drop so I can finally pick one up (really want a few of its tittles; SMT X FE, MK8, Smash Bros. and other games look like a ton of fun :D).

JtYZc2L.jpg

This game is amazing. Long as fuck though.

Tizoc

huh...
FF15 Demo dled faster than I expected.
Left it in rest mode to finish dling the rest.
That's a lot of update patches doe :V

Currently I have what 30+ games on the PS4.
Really wish that HDTV would get here early so I can tinker with it and see how good driveclub will be XO

Tapejara

It also helps that June 1st was my birthday, so I had a nice day to just chill and relax :); was nice eating a few pieces of a Cookie Cake. Can't wait to see what both this weeks PSN update brings and what E3 rolls out because I plan on getting a lot of great games :D!

Really hoping for a nice sale on PSN tomorrow; hopefully one focused on PSN Classics and Indie tittles (had an eye on a few PS1 Classics like RE2, Parasite Eve and others).

Wish everyone a happy June and that this is another month of greatness for the Vita :D!

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday, dude! Hope it was superb/you wished for some nice E3 announcements ;)

Heard really good things about both that and Ground Zeroes; fun stealth tittles that skillfully use smart modern controls and other elements. Not a huge fan of the Metal Gear Solid series (though I own MGS 1-4 across PS3 and Vita alongside Rising on PS3), but I appreciate them as a classic series :). Have fun with the game tomorrow man :D.

Thank you :D! Me and my mom had a great day relaxing and we just finished watching a movie called 'The Judge'; great film :). Hope for some great E3 news too; really want a Wii U price drop so I can finally pick one up (really want a few of its tittles; SMT X FE, MK8, Smash Bros. and other games look like a ton of fun :D).

Peace Walker is awesome, even more so in co-op. Had a lot of fun playing through it with a friend.

There need to be more co-op stealth games.

Top Bottom