• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | September 2014

Just got off the phone with Sony. They're sending a coffin for my Vita...
=/
Good luck with it!

People, don't forget to save $5 for the final Muramasa DLC, releasing tomorrow (US) :)
I'm ready for an extra bazillion hours of Muramasa <3

I'm really glad I downloaded Dragon's Crown; I didn't think I'd like it at all but I've been playing it a ton.
It is awesome! I wish I had more time to play it online..

EDIT: top of page =D
Buy Vanillaware games <3

Any recommendations?

Ehm, my tastes are not quite refined as AnimeGAFs, so I'm kinda afraid to say something that people might not like. But I'll give it a shot: right now I'm watching Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (parody on the Shoujo genre, comedy) and Log Horizon (people locked in a MMO, but not over the top like SAO). There are a couple more, but they are kinda peculiar. One that I watched thought that I liked a lot is Nichijou, which is a slice of life kinda anime.

i've been doing anime marathons during the weekends and games on the weekdays. there should be plenty of time :D

I used to do that, but right now my weekdays are getting full of work to do :(.

Ehm, my tastes are not quite refined as AnimeGAFs, so I'm kinda afraid to say something that people might not like. But I'll give it a shot: right now I'm watching Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (parody on the Shoujo genre, comedy) and Log Horizon (people locked in a MMO, but not over the top like SAO). There are a couple more, but they are kinda peculiar. One that I watched thought that I liked a lot is Nichijou, which is a slice of life kinda anime.

I used to do that, but right now my weekdays are getting full of work to do :(.
I'm not as picky as most =]
Log Horizon is fun! I'm not that into comedy anime.. But I'll check Nichijou, thanks!

Xenoflare

Is Warrior Orochi 3 ultimate already out in Japan? How's the framerate of it on the Vita?

Japanese audio?

cafemomo

Wait WHAT?

That's not for NA right? I don't recall seeing any Warrior games on PS+

jp store.

here's what's "free" for the time being
vMhuOmi.png

I feel the store won't update only to tempt me some more into buying Danganronpa.

What if you're both?

Edit: Nichijou is more like an absurd sketch comedy show than slice of life. But still great.
I'm a fan of the absurd. Dead Leaves, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, FLCL and the likes <3

ZeroAKA

I am very happy going all digital on PS4 (I game share with my brother who lives far away, so digital is much better). The speed of the interface and launching games and going back to the UI to launch a new one is awesome. Pick up my controller and my whole library is in front of me. Now please god Sony give me some folders.
I still prefer physical on my PS4. I made an exception for Diablo 3 because I know I'm going to keep coming back to it.

WonderzL

Banned
Hey, guys. I've just bought a Vita with Danganronpa and I was thinking if you could give me some tips. From games to anything, really.
n-not that I want it or anything
My first NONtendo console. And no, I don't have PS+ yet.

Also, thanks for the message, pariah164!

Flandy

Hey, guys. I've just bought a Vita with Danganronpa and I was thinking if you could give me some tips. From games to anything, really.

Get PS+. Like, immediately. Augusts games are going to get rotated out sometime tomorrow when the stores updates.

Persona 4 Golden

At the very least get a 16GB card if you plan on getting a lot of digital games. It's the bare minimum imo.

Wynnebeck

Banned
So Vitacats, I finally snatched me one of those PDP cradles that makes your Vita feel more like a Dualshock. The triggers are taking a little getting used to, but it's fine so far. Haven't had too much trouble with SSD.

Tapejara

Hey, Pariah164 was just talking about you.

Some thoughts:

1. PS+ is a must. Typically Vita is supposed to get two titles each month, but because most of the PS4 and PS3 content ends up being cross-buy we usually get three or four.
  2. Also, what size memory card do you have? If you're planning on going digital you'll probably want a 16GB card at minimum. Otherwise, you could get a 32GB or a 64GB card, the latter of which isn't officially sold outside of Japan.
  3. As you said this is your first non-Nintendo console, I'm assuming you don't have a PS3. As such, if you want to back up your games/saves you can use the Content Manager Assistant for PC or Mac. PlayStation Plus also allows you to back up saved games to the Cloud.
  4. Good games: DJMAX Technika Tune, Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable, Gravity Rush, Guacamelee, Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1, Killzone Mercenary, Lumines Electronic Symphony, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, Rogue Legacy, Sorcery Saga, Spelunky, The Swapper, TxK, Velocity Ultra and Velocity X2. People will also recommend Persona 4 Golden, Soul Sacrifice Delta and Tearaway, but I haven't played those.

Welcome to VitaGAF!

baekshi

Banned

Soul Sacrifice Delta is exact opposite of any Nintendo games so this will be a good experience.

Mononoke

Banned
Man, Danganronpa is a pretty beefy game. I've been rushing through it, and it still feels like each chapter takes a while. Trials are pretty damn complex and require a lot of work. Not sure if I'm going to finish it in time for tomorrow. Just made it to Chapter 4.

Flandy

Man, Danganronpa is a pretty beefy game. I've been rushing through it, and it still feels like each chapter takes a while. Trials are pretty damn complex and require a lot of work. Not sure if I'm going to finish it in time for tomorrow. Just made it to Chapter 4.

Don't rush it :lol The average play time is about 25 hours just so you know

Tapejara

Yeah, there's no way you're finishing it by tomorrow lol.

SerTapTap

Did a Velocity OT ever surface? Will have a vid with impressions at launch...assuming this thing ever encodes right.

Flandy

Damn, didn't know it was a 25 hour game. Welp. About to just boot up the anime and be done with it.

:p

I'm kidding.
Don't even joke about that >___> What's your current playtime? You can check by pressing the i button when saving
Yoo flandy I swear the first trail took almost a damn hour to do with all those tutorials!

uh-huh. What's your point?

PS+ NOW!
Guacamelee, Spelunky and Steamworld Dig are cheap, high quality games that might suck you in. Persona 4 is a must, just as Soul Sacrifice Delta. I'm a huge fan of Virtue's Last Reward, Muramasa and Dragon's Crown, although I know they are not for everyone. Dissidia and Tactics Ogre are essential PSP games and must be played if you have even just a passing interest.

WonderzL

Banned
Thank you, guys. I'm definitely buying PS+ before any game. Also, 16GB. I thought it was the best one I could get without spending a lot. Anyway, again: thank you. I hope we can get along in the future

WonderzL

Banned
PS+ NOW!
Guacamelee, Spelunky and Steamworld Dig are cheap, high quality games that might suck you in. Persona 4 is a must, just as Soul Sacrifice Delta. I'm a huge fan of Virtue's Last Reward, Muramasa and Dragon's Crown, although I know they are not for everyone. Dissidia and Tactics Ogre are essential PSP games and must be played if you have even just a passing interest.
I like 999! I was just wondering what version was the better one. I mean, 3DS' seconds screen must be very well used in this game.

sorry for the double post ><

pariah164

I like 999! I was just wondering what version was the better one. I mean, 3DS' seconds screen must be very well used in this game
Vita has better graphics, but the second screen does come in handy. Either way, if you do play VLR, there is a save glitch in the PEC room that can bork your whole save file no matter which version you play, so tread cautiously.

I was about to post!
lol keep this up please <3<3
man, a tag should be due if you really keep this up

"Vita Welcome Party"
Yay~. I'll do my best!

Ooooh, a pretty tag. I'll take it.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Get PS+ immediately and download the August games. Time is of the essence !!
I know right? I haven't played in like 3 days because the pacing is so tight I need to clear out 5 hours before I dig in.
Don't rush it :lol The average play time is about 25 hours just so you know
Y'know, when I watched episode 1 of Danganronpa, I really enjoyed it. Maybe it's time I finished. That would only take 4 hours compared to 24 hours.

ZeroAKA

PS+ and Persona 4 Golden are essential. I also recommend Soul Sacrifice Delta, Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Wipeout 2048, Killzone Mercenary, and Hatsune Miku Project Diva f (depending on what types of games you like).

People will also recommend Persona 4 Golden, Soul Sacrifice Delta and Tearaway, but I haven't played those.
I think we have a fake Vitabro in this thread.

How would I forget Tearaway! One of my favorite games in the last couple of years, the game is memorable, beautiful, unique and especial.

Regarding VLR, it looks great on the Vita and it controls well. Can't see the second screen being that much of an advantage. And there's a game-breaking bug on the 3DS version that I believe is not on the Vita.

I platinumed it and liked it even more than 999.

AmanoBuff

Nice new thread smell, and moving fast!

Pretty decent conference for Vita, although I was sorely disappointed by SQEX no-show (beside that DQ musou). Hope they have their own thing going on during TGS (a small conference or something like that) because they do have a lot to show.

What if you're both?

Edit: Nichijou is more like an absurd sketch comedy show than slice of life. But still great.

Australia is a godless land, I can get away with the odd sacrilege here and there.

The VitaGod cannot be crossed, lest she smite me down and glue a N-Gage to my hands <_>

RK128

If you can get PS+ asap! The PS Store will update tomorrow and the PS+ games for the month will be gone, so grab them while you can (the games are Metrico, Dragons Crown, and Fez for Vita).

I also recommend a few indie games:
-Guacamelee (quality 2D platformer mixing Metroidvanna and great combat)
-Steamworld Dig (short game but a really fun five hour time :D)
-Splunky (....it is just awesome XD! If you get really into it, it will offer endless amounts of content)
-Bit.Trip.Runner 2 (Great port of the PS3/Wii U version with native res and 60FPS. Game is a rythiem 2D platformer where you time you jumps/kicks/ect with the music. The past games were on Wii Ware/DSi so you might have played them before :D).

Zephyx

Like I said earlier. She's gonna make release it really late so that we all despair. She's so thoughtful trying to get us into proper mood to play the game ^_^

You should fill yourself with joyful thoughts before playing the game. It will leave you emotionally stressed after finishing it. I know I did. T_T

Top Bottom