• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | September 2014

Imouto

Banned
Almost forgot about Ar noSurge coming this month. Guess I'll delay my Destiny purchase and wait for proper feedback/review. Still afraid of jumping in at launch after that disaster named Diablo 3.

Regarding indie games, have you ever played one called Gucamelee? That game felt the most 'game-like' out of all the indie games I own (next to Fez, Hotline Miami and Steamworld Dig), so maybe you might like that :D. It is more or less a Metroidvanna mixed with a really fun combat system to boot. I think you might really like the game if you enjoyed the Metroid or Castlevanna games; it is a blast (it was my very first platinum on my Vita :D).

I did get them when they were on PS+, but didn't like it much. I'd say most of the problem from indie games that I had come from aesthetic aspect, but my taste is unpredictable even to me. I played and liked "Paper, Please", FTL, Pixeljunk shooter, and they have nothing similar in term of aesthetic.

At least there is that cyberpunk bartender game I am looking forward to.

[edit]
Top of the page, buying Danganronpa 1&2, people. The first one is still on sale. Get Ar noSurge later this month if you are Ar tonelico fan.

Not too sure on gameplay, actually. Mostly getting it because it's a Sci-Fi JRPG. As for a Vita version, I don't know if it's confirmed, but it's highly likely that one will be released eventually. Gust and Kemco Toei have been very adamant about re-releasing their games for Vita (i.e. the Atelier games).

Thanks, I'll wait for the Vita version then.

They have to make money somehow

Haru-5.jpg

Garraboa

Now that I think about it, I'm okay with SCE riding out the Vita by finishing their remaining output and making PS4 ports out of them to make more profit. It that means everything on my wishlist manages to arrive in NA, I'm fully satisfied.

RK128

I'm getting Velocity 2X, Joe Danger and save the rest for when Murasaki Baby releases, and then use the rest on OMG HD Zombies.

I was really tempted on getting MMX4, But I quickly realized that all that credit was going to be used :p . Perhaps on the next PSN card (still haven't gotten to my 100 Classics milestone yet! :D)

If it is priced like most PSN Classics....then it should only be 6 bucks (granted, this Capcom we are talking about, so it might end up being 10 bucks). If you have Sony rewards and have 500+ Points, see if you can get a 5 dollar code with it. I check there very often and they rarely have any for sale :(. If they do though, grab it man :D. That extra money could be used for MMX4 :).

FLD

Oh, well that kinda sucks. Maybe I'll just jump in now then. Thanks for the answer.

Akiba's Trip and Neptunia are pretty different in term of gameplay, so I can't really say which one is superior.

Oh I didn't mean versus each other, I meant more in the sense of which one is better at what they do respectively. Like if Hyperdimension is a solid RPG while Akiba's isn't a very good brawler or whatever. Sorry, I could've been clearer there.

Wynnebeck

Banned
They have to make money somehow

I understand that much, but if having a slight discount on the game was going to contribute to more people buying the game and DLC which would lead into more sales for F2, I would seriously consider it. This is just them pulling a Sony/MS and going, "We know you'll pay $30-40 for Miku. Eat your hamburgers Apollo."

RalchAC

Should've bundled it with a PS4 controller, not a PS3 one. Didn't they say that it would change after the PS4 launched? Or it was just marketing talk?

I agree with you. I still think that they should have never bundled the Vita TV with the DS3. Just use the DualShock 4, launch it along the VitaTV in Japan even if the PS4 doesn't exist. That touch pad could add compatibility to more games. But since it's not the only controller...

lol Such a crappy reason when the reality is "Fuck you, pay us."

I think the reason is more like: there is like 5 people buying this game. If those 5 guys wait until it's for 20€ we're fucked. So deal with it.

The original PDf didn't have subtitles for the songs, right? But the second one has them.

Tapejara

So, I started playing Rayman Legends (Vita) last night and I'm actually enjoying it this time around. Fuck those Murphy levels though.

RK128

So, I started playing Rayman Legends (Vita) last night and I'm actually enjoying it this time around. Fuck those Murphy levels though.

Glad you enjoy it man :D. Shame the Murphy levels suck though X(. I guess its the Vita 'magic' that taking its effect XD!

It is so odd that for some reason, games that you man not like on console you end up really enjoying on Vita. That was the case for Ratchet 1 for me (didn't like the original that much on both PS3 and PS2 but playing it on Vita last month....I really liked it :D).

Basically yeah. Exceptional platforming ruined by unneccesary bullshit. It's not like they're even occasional either, they're a good 40% of the game. Thank god they're not forced level progression.

ZeroAKA

I understand that much, but if having a slight discount on the game was going to contribute to more people buying the game and DLC which would lead into more sales for F2, I would seriously consider it. This is just them pulling a Sony/MS and going, "We know you'll pay $30-40 for Miku. Eat your hamburgers Apollo."
I don't know, I kind of like not having to worry about a game getting discounted as soon as I buy it. $30 for the base game isn't an unreasonable price either IMO.

The original PDf didn't have subtitles for the songs, right? But the second one has them.
It did, but the subtitles were in romaji. PDF 2nd has translated subtitles.

Garraboa

If it is priced like most PSN Classics....then it should only be 6 bucks (granted, this Capcom we are talking about, so it might end up being 10 bucks). If you have Sony rewards and have 500+ Points, see if you can get a 5 dollar code with it. I check there very often and they rarely have any for sale :(. If they do though, grab it man :D. That extra money could be used for MMX4 :).

Isn't Sony Rewards US and Canada only? It's a bit of a bummer, but I can't complain when here was the first country in LATAM to get a PSN store (though we still don't get the odd game like Magical Beat :/ )

Imouto

Banned
How does that game actually plays? I've read a bit about it but nothing conclusive. And I've heard that it is coming to the Vita later on, do you know if that's true?

From what I remember, they include Ciel noSurge and Ar noSurge into one package for the Vita, with improvement. You kinda need to play Ciel noSurge to understand some characters that appears in Ar noSurge, and Ciel noSurge is a kind of sim-dating game (similar to Love Plus, I guess? It has never left Japan so I'm not sure), while Ar noSurge is your JRPG with incredible setting and world building directly related to Ar tonelico series. Not to mention it has one of the best soundtrack.

The game system is kinda unique as your party only consists of 2 people, one fighting at front and the other singing magic song at the rear. Someone did a video explains the battle system. Remember to turn the caption/subtitle on.

Also, waifu.

Tapejara

Glad you enjoy it man :D. Shame the Murphy levels suck though X(. I guess its the Vita 'magic' that taking its effect XD!

It is so odd that for some reason, games that you man not like on console you end up really enjoying on Vita. That was the case for Ratchet 1 for me (didn't like the original that much on both PS3 and PS2 but playing it on Vita last month....I really liked it :D).

Yeah, I've always wondered why some games feel more "at home" on handheld than console, and vice versa. I always had a feeling that I would enjoy the game more on Vita anyway lol.

Basically yeah. Exceptional platforming ruined by unneccesary bullshit. It's not like they're even occasional either, they're a good 40% of the game. Thank god they're not forced level progression.

I actually mentioned this last night; my main problem with the game was that there's so much fluff. Origins was just pure platforming bliss, whereas Legends is filled with so many unnecessary "features."

Tizoc

I'm getting Velocity 2X, Joe Danger and save the rest for when Murasaki Baby releases, and OMG HD Zombies.

I was really tempted on getting MMX4, But I quickly realized that all that credit was going to be used :p . Perhaps on the next PSN card (still haven't gotten to my 100 Classics milestone yet! :D)

PSX games are generally $6, so X4 will be $6 as well unless licensing would lead to it costing $10, but I highly doubt that.

RK128

Isn't Sony Rewards US and Canada only? It's a bit of a bummer, but I can't complain when here was the first country in LATAM to get a PSN store (though we still don't get the odd game like Magical Beat :/ )

You can't use Sony Rewards? Sorry to bring it up then X(. That would have been perfect for getting MMX4....

At least you seem to be getting a lot of the stuff you want when the store updates, so that is still great :D.

From what I remember, they include Ciel noSurge and Ar noSurge into one package for the Vita, with improvement. You kinda need to play Ciel noSurge to understand some characters that appears in Ar noSurge, and Ciel noSurge is a kind of sim-dating game (similar to Love Plus, I guess? It has never left Japan so I'm not sure), while Ar noSurge is your JRPG with incredible setting and world building directly related to Ar tonelico series. Not to mention it has one of the best soundtrack.

The game system is kinda unique as your party only consists of 2 people, one fighting at front and the other singing magic song at the rear. Someone did a video explains the battle system. Remember to turn the caption/subtitle on.

Also, waifu.

Thank you, will check that. Seems...different. Hopefully it will come to the US this year, but I'm not holding my breath.

Imouto

Banned
Oh I didn't mean versus each other, I meant more in the sense of which one is better at what they do respectively. Like if Hyperdimension is a solid RPG while Akiba's isn't a very good brawler or whatever. Sorry, I could've been clearer there.

I don't hear many people play Neptunia for gameplay, so take that as how you think. Personally, I'm waiting for my copy to arrive, but based on the previous titles, I'd say the charm of this series doesn't lie in its gameplay.

Akiba's Trip is a fun brawler game, at the very least. The setting and plot is kinda "eh?" if you think too hard about it, and isn't familiar with otaku culture.

Sitrus

Also, waifu.

They are two separate games for the Vita. No Surge plus has some extra content while Ciel Offline is the offline version of the original game which includes all released content in one package.

SerTapTap

I'm really tempted by Akiba's Trip and Hyperdimension Neptunia but I'm sort of still on the fence on both. If I had to pick one, which of the two is the superior game? From what I understand, the story of Hyperdimension Neptunia isn't very serious. If I enjoy Disgaea's type of humor, am I likely to also enjoy HN?

Neptunia is a lot of fun, Disgaea fans should enjoy it, sense of humor is similar, though more focused on humor than even Disgaea and much more focused on meta gaming humor (particularly Japanese games) and a bit of self aware anime ish humor. I'll proudly note that there is no waifu nonsense in the Neptunia OT unlike...certain high school simulator games recently announced to be coming to ps4. Ahem.

Gameplay is solid in Rebirth too, though I needed more grinding in this one than Neptunia so far (basically none in Victory)

It's US only, actually.

I'm Canadian and we're shut out too :(

Also, Canada didn't get Magical Beat either....

FLD

Well, I just found out Shinovi Versus only comes out in October. I thought it was a September release, for some reason. Not owning a next-gen console, October is pretty barren for me so I just went ahead and pre-ordered the physical edition.

I don't hear many people play Neptunia for gameplay, so take that as how you think. Personally, I'm waiting for my copy to arrive, but based on the previous titles, I'd say the charm of this series doesn't lie in its gameplay.

Akiba's Trip is a fun brawler game, at the very least. The setting and plot is kinda "eh?" if you think too hard about it, and isn't familiar with otaku culture.

That was my understanding as well. I've heard some vague praise for the combat system but not much. That's why I specifically asked about the story and mentioned I enjoy Disgaea's humor in case it's comparable.

I'm leaning a bit more towards Akiba's Trip at the moment but I'm kinda tempted to just get both.

Neptunia is a lot of fun, Disgaea fans should enjoy it, sense of humor is similar, though more focused on humor than even Disgaea and much more focused on meta gaming humor (particularly Japanese games) and a bit of self aware anime ish humor. I'll proudly note that there is no waifu nonsense in the Neptunia OT unlike...certain high school simulator games recently announced to be coming to ps4. Ahem.

Gameplay is solid in Rebirth too, though I needed more grinding in this one than Neptunia so far (basically none in Victory)

Alright, thanks. Good to know. I just finished Disgaea 4 and I really enjoy all the meta jokes in those games. Sounds like HN should be right up my alley.

Garraboa

It's US only, actually.

I'm Canadian and we're shut out too :(

Also, Canada didn't get Magical Beat either....

That sucks :( . It's weird though, you'd think SCEA has a licensing deal that involves all of their American stores (US, CA, MX, Perú, Colombia, etc.) But there seem to be this rare cases where the game lands in USA & Canada or US only. I think we didn't get a One Piece game here for PS3 that was DD. Another one we're missing is DJMAX Portable 3.

PSX games are generally $6, so X4 will be $6 as well unless licensing would lead to it costing $10, but I highly doubt that.

I think by the time I'd have made my purchases I'll have around $3.50 remaining. I'm kind of half hoping there'll be a PS1/PSP flash sale soon so I don't have those $3 in my wallet.

You can't use Sony Rewards? Sorry to bring it up then X(. That would have been perfect for getting MMX4....

At least you seem to be getting a lot of the stuff you want when the store updates, so that is still great :D.

S'ok. We don't miss on any Classics or PSP games, which are the one I care about the most. And yeah, tomorrow is going to be insane for Vita. I have to see what's getting deleted to make space, though, and that's never easy :p

delSai

Oh damn it's September already.
Reposting my Question from the Let it die Thread: Does anyone know the Band that performs the Song in the Trailer? Sounds familiar, but i've no clue who it could be.

Pics_nao

DanganRonpa 2 tomorrow
using the money for one of my school books to get it

Also Ultimax again unless my friend decides to game share since game shared the Japanese version with him.

Senran Kagura too if that's still releasing on the 30th

Heel

Picked up a PS4 a few weeks ago. My first PlayStation since PS1, so curious about some things.

Exactly how often does PSN have sales like the one for PAX? Are the PS Plus discounts for a game's launch week usually the best deal for a good while? All PSN games have a launch discount for PS Plus members, right?

delSai

Picked up a PS4 a few weeks ago. My first PlayStation since PS1, so curious about some things.

Exactly how often does PSN have sales like the one for PAX? Are the PS Plus discounts for a game's launch week usually the best deal for a good while? All PSN games have a launch discount for PS Plus members, right?

New sale every Week i believe?

Tapejara

Huge sales aren't as common place as they used to be, but there's usually something on sale every week. Not every game has a launch discount, but most will. Usually some games will get a deeper discount a few months later (maybe around 4-6 months?).

Heel

New sale every Week i believe?

Ah, nice. Tuesdays on the PS blog? Looking through past weeks to get an idea.

Huge sales aren't as common place as they used to be, but there's usually something on sale every week. Not every game has a launch discount, but most will. Usually some games will get a deeper discount a few months later (maybe around 4-6 months?).

Thanks for the info. I'm a sucker for a sale, haha. Picked up Trails Fusion and Don't Starve during the PAX sale.

baekshi

Banned
Cool, comes with a custom theme, meaning the firmware should be out before September 25th. Too bad it doesn't come with the game itself.

It says under the code isn't active until october or later

カスタムテーマプロダクトコードは、カスタムテーマ配信開始後、商品を購入されたお客様にメールにてご案内いたします。
  ご案内は10月以降を予定しておりますので、あらかじめご了承ください

custom theme delivery after the start, custom theme product code, will guide you by e-mail to customers who have purchased goods.
  So we are planning to October or later guidance, please note

So I assume the review embargos lift for both Veolcity 2X and Danganronpa 2 tomorrow. If so, does anyone know what time they do?

Top Bottom