• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation PC Games List Appears at GameStop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
U39v7sV_d.webp

Rose Mcgowan Scream GIF by filmeditor

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Doesn’t even make sense for gamestop to have such a list.

“Here’s a list of titles you can preorder for the next two years, but its top secret”

secret GIF by ARTEfr

It's a lot more common than you might think.

Now, I have no idea if anyone ever went back to corroborate a list of releases to those SKU leaks, but reported GameStop SKU leaks happen every now and then.

kiphalfton

The average GameStop employee is a moron and doesn’t know what they’re talking about half the time. I’ve caught them lying multiple times (I asked a question I knew the answer to, but figured I’d get word straight from the horses mouth).

Times I’ve caught them either not knowing what they’re talking about and/or lying:
- I’ve asked them if they can see preorders I’ve made at other stores, which I know they can do, and I’ve been told no.
- I’ll ask them if I can use multiple rewards certificates and they tell me I can only use two.
- Or the best one was when I bought a “Guaranteed to Love” game (i.e. an eligible game that allows you to trade it back in for full credit within two days of release) and the employee said they won’t give me full trade in credit (despite my receipt spelling out the “Guaranteed to Love” stipulations) and would only give me like $20.
- I’ve had them tack on. “refurb fee” on trade-ins without a case/cover art insert, and they said they have to (despite their terms and conditions saying you get full trade-in credit even without the original case and/or cover art insert)

And there’s a bunch of other crap they lie about as well.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Even if that vague list is real, who knows what games they are and when they are coming out.

When that shitty Below game got promoted in summer 2013, you could actually preorder the game at Future Shop for $60. Game didn't come out until Dec 2018.

GHound

The average GameStop employee is a moron and doesn’t know what they’re talking about half the time. I’ve caught them lying multiple times (I asked a question I knew the answer to, but figured I’d get word straight from the horses mouth).
I've caught multiple stores putting up bullshit signs in store and on the windows about sales. Then you'll take some games to the counter and everything ends up full price and they expect you to actually fork over a fair bit more than you were in for. One time I even asked about it before bothering to look over what they had and they doubled down on what the signs said. Still ended up being wrong. Just left it there on the counter and walked out.

I don't go to GS anymore.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
can you walk into gamestop and buy a digital steam game?

I've caught multiple stores putting up bullshit signs in store and on the windows about sales. Then you'll take some games to the counter and everything ends up full price and they expect you to actually fork over a fair bit more than you were in for. One time I even asked about it before bothering to look over what they had and they doubled down on what the signs said. Still ended up being wrong. Just left it there on the counter and walked out.

I don't go to GS anymore.

i stopped buying games there when they started resealing used games and selling them as new

Last edited:

daffyduck

It's a lot more common than you might think.

Now, I have no idea if anyone ever went back to corroborate a list of releases to those SKU leaks, but reported GameStop SKU leaks happen every now and then.
Yeah, but in the context of a customer using a list as in the OP to make a pre-order, it makes no sense.

yurinka

I have another rumor, may be thread worthy too: according to my cousin's dog -who works at Sony, 2nd dog to work in the gaming industry- the day after tomorrow Sony will release Uncharted 5, Gran Turismo 8, Knack 3 and Super Mario 128 on PC and Ouya the day after tomorrow.

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u10.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom