• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus. 1 Year of Instant Game Collection. 64 Titles.

Indie games free on VITA? Which ones are you talking about this month?
They added an "indie games" section in the store. Just hit that up every month and see what's free. I think now there is that platforming game Knytt Underground (nice art in this game) and also that puzzle game Germinator. Escape Plan is also on sale but not free.

I'm not sure if they've been free for a while but I just noticed it now that they've added an indie games section.

Lasdrub

I only owned five of those. Not a bad year. Arkham City Imposters was surprisingly very fun. I got the ten kills in a row trophy and stopped playing after that. Ended it on a high note.

kuroshiki

PS+ is incredible. In fact, it's too good to be true. You know they're eventually going to gut it when enough people get in on the deal.

But man, until then, it's just an amazing service.

Theoretically speaking, the more people have PSN+ the more buying power Sony will have. No publisher in the world is going to say 'no' when Sony says 'We will pay you 5 cents per download for your old game. and we have 10 million subscribers.'

If 5 million people downloaded the game, that's $250,000. and a publisher doesn't have to pay a single dime, assuming Sony will pay for server too. Not bad.

Questions regarding PS+, joined in March 2013 and downloaded Vanquish. Haven't gotten around to playing it but need to remove it cause I have no storage for other games that have priority. If I delete Vanquish can I download it later even though it's no longer being offered?

kuroshiki

Questions regarding PS+, joined in March 2013 and downloaded Vanquish. Haven't gotten around to playing it but need to remove it cause I have no storage for other games that have priority. If I delete Vanquish can I download it later even though it's no longer being offered?

YES.

as long as you have PS+, all the previous PS+ offered game you downloaded are yours to play. That's why it is better to join sooner than later.

Yes. It's in your dl list and can be redownloaded and as long as you are a subscriber be played.

EDIT beaten+

Yup, everything PS+ related can be downloaded as many times as you want from your download list like any other game.

webkatt

I joined last year and downloaded (than cancelled) all the vita games

I recently got a Vita and I can download all the games that are no longer "free"

They added an "indie games" section in the store. Just hit that up every month and see what's free. I think now there is that platforming game Knytt Underground (nice art in this game) and also that puzzle game Germinator. Escape Plan is also on sale but not free.

I'm not sure if they've been free for a while but I just noticed it now that they've added an indie games section.
Yeh, i know about it. I thought you were talking about some other games. These games are free from last month PS+ offer. I also brought Escape Plan since it was too good of a offer to refuse.

Anyways, it is nice to have a separate indie section. The games on offer are mostly quality titles, hope they keep it up in the future.

wonder what well get in July

I think this Russian leak has been proven legit but you never know (EU)

CYtIlYh.jpg

I think this Russian leak has been proven legit but you never know (EU)

http://gamerekon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/CYtIlYh.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

July games for EU are already confirmed. It's those 4 and Saint's Row 3. [URL="http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/06/19/playstation-plus-your-july-update/"]http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/06/19/playstation-plus-your-july-update/[/URL]

Yes. The only requirement (other than having a PS+ subscription) is that you needed to have "bought" the game during its availability period, then you can redownload it whenever you have an active PS+ subscription.

Yeah "free games" you "own".

It's a good service as long as you remember they don't have any obligations to provide that service when they decide it's not worth it anymore one day.

The games you've already downloaded you "own" as long as you pay the subscription. If they later decide to offer no more free games or hike the price up, you still have the choice to keep paying your sub for access to those games.

They've already paid for those licenses, to it wouldn't make any sense not to keep getting your money from the sub by taking them away for no good reason.

Nearly everything was downloaded between two PS3's and a Vita. It has been like a rotating downloadable Sega Channel. Hopefully Gaikai turns out to be the streaming version.

Carl

Sos did anyone make a list of what EU has given away?

I just trawled through the last year of PS+ posts on EU blog and put together a list. Not as good as an image but i'm not gifted in image making. Maybe someone else could make one.

I think this list is accurate. I didn't include July content - it's not July yet and it isn't included i nthe US post

73 games for EU

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Warhammer 40k: Space Marines
Chime Super Deluxe
Darksiders
Renegade Ops
Outland
Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath HD
InFamous 2
Motorstorm Apocalypse
LittleBigPlanet 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Saints Row 2
Dead Space 2
Rock of Ages
Just Cause 2
Borderlands
Retro/Grade
Red Dead Redemption
Scott Pilgrim VS The World
Double Dragon Neon
Machinarium
Starhawk (Single Player)
Hell Yeah! Wrath of Dead Rabbit
Bulletstorm
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
Crysis 2
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
Cubixx HD
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita)
Gravity Rush (Vita)
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (Vita)
Chronovolt (Vita)
Batman: Arkham City
Limbo
Vanquish
Mortal Kombat (Vita) (Replaced with Lego Batman (PSP(?)) in Germany and Australia)
Knytt Underground (PS3/Vita)
Big Sky Infinity (PS3/Vita)
Bioshock 2
Guardians of Middle Earth
Mortal Kombat (Replaced with Gotham City Imposters in Germany and Australia)
Jet Set Radio (Vita)
The Pinball Arcade (Vita)
Sleeping Dogs
F1 Race Stars
Quantum Conundrum
Wipeout 2048 (Vita)
Lumines: Electronic Symphony (Vita)
God of War 1 HD
Mass Effect 3
Dead Or Alive 5
Joe Danger 2: The Movie
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Vita)
Puddle (Vita)
Okami HD
Lord of The Rings: War in The North
The Cave
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward (Vita)
Thomas Was Alone (PS3/Vita)
Hitman: Absolution
Catherine
Malicious
Sine Mora (Vita)
Velocity Ultra (Vita)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD
Demon’s Souls
Rayman Origins (Vita)
Coconut Dodge Revitalised (Vita)
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (Single Player)
LittleBigPlanet Karting
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I had PS+ since Day 1, my DL list is fucking cluttered

Have PS+ till 11/2018 now, so I'll be ready for PS5 by then

same, knew nothing of ps+ with ps3. but i've already bundled it with my launch ps4 and killzone on amazon. looking forward to playing through a lot of the ps3 games i missed.

Owensboro

$1.28 per game.

Games I played from the service:
1) Infamous 2, 2) Little Big Planet 2, 3) Super Street Fighter 4 AE, 4) Spec Ops: The Line, 5) SPAYCE MUHREEN, 6) Pac-Man DX, 7) Outland, 8) Renegade Ops, 9) Double Dragon Neon, 10) King of FIghters 13, 11) Scott Pilgrim.

Games I plan on playing and are sitting on my HD:
12) Resident Evil 5 Gold (I need a buddy who wants to play!), 13) Vanquish, 14) Megaman 10.

Cost per game: $3.58

Totally. Freaking. Worth it. I also got discounts on Tokyo Jungle and Journey, and I got to play Double Dragon: Neon which I never, ever would have done without it.

Now I have all those Vita games just sitting there too, waiting for me to buy a Vita. One more year of PS+ and I might be convinced to buy one just because of the amount of crap I would already have to play on it. C'Mon Vita price drop!

Been a subscriber since ps plus launched...I screwed up and forgot to download most of these.

Dude, you have no excuse now! The webstore for the service is much faster than the PS3 interface and you can add games to your account there. Just click the "Add to Cart" button, make sure it is still coming up as $0, and click buy. Bam, it's linked to your account and you can download them anytime later on the PS3! I hated going through the clunky PS3 webstore interface just to see what was new each week, now it takes 10 seconds.

73 games for EU
Good god that EU list is amazing. C'mon US! Catch up!

I'm so glad I finally upgraded my 120GB hard drive to 320GB.
At first, I'd wanted nothing to do with this service, but my little brother bought a 3-month card for me at Christmas.

Oh man, so many awesome features on this thing, and for $50/year? Worth more than what you pay for!

Unfortunately, this means my library is further backlogged.

same, knew nothing of ps+ with ps3. but i've already bundled it with my launch ps4 and killzone on amazon. looking forward to playing through a lot of the ps3 games i missed.
Just so you know, you will not be able to play all these games by starting a PS+ subscription when you get a PS4. The games get rotated out monthly and you have to "purchase" them as a PS+ member when they are "free".

Just so you know, you will not be able to play all these games by starting a PS+ subscription when you get a PS4. The games get rotated out monthly and you have to "purchase" them as a PS+ member when they are "free".

that's good to know, sounds reasonable. i'll just have to keep my eye out.

Afrikan

and there you go, for some reason I was beating myself up because I thought I got complacent and didn't download/stop MotorStorm Apocalypse..even though I have the physical game.

I left it at my cousin's house and I was looking for it on my download list and couldn't find it.

I guess it was just free for the EU Store?

The only thing I don't like about PS+ is that it's too good!!

Really exceptional service for what it offers. Added to the fact I got a years worth for £24 and its already paid for itself multiple times over.

I'm playing games I wouldn't normally. I'm becoming a fan of series I wouldn't normally have played. There's been many great games I've never played before until PS+

I don't buy a lot of games. Mainly Sony exclusives so this service has been a blessing. I'll be subscribing for as long as the service keeps up such high quality.

Tuck

Yeah "free games" you "own".

It's a good service as long as you remember they don't have any obligations to provide that service when they decide it's not worth it anymore one day.

For the price you pay, and considering many of the games you will play only once, I don't think it matters that much. I.e it certainly is an important point to consider but its not the same as paying 60 dollars per game that you don't actually own.

Top Bottom