• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus. 1 Year of Instant Game Collection. 64 Titles.

Sendou

For the price you pay, and considering many of the games you will play only once, I don't think it matters that much. I.e it certainly is an important point to consider but its not the same as paying 60 dollars per game that you don't actually own.

Yeah I agree. As long as people understand what they're paying for.

See here's the problem: Sony has such good deals and continues to offer you more value for your money.

But none of those games interest me at all. They killed off their most interesting mascots and I just don't see what else I'd play on it. I can probably find 5 PS2 titles I'd like to own but nothing since.

This made me try X-Com, a game I had low hopes for (Because I loved the original). I will never forget how you gave me hope, Sony!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Why do I feel like that now it's required for online play that Plus' free games benefits will be totally nerfed?

First you're like...

yjhhrr4buh.jpg

Then you're like...

monkey-banana-toweryfa0w.jpg

"I'll never finish them all."

This is me :(

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Yeah I agree. As long as people understand what they're paying for.

I think most people understand it.

Why do I feel like that now it's required for online play that Plus' free games benefits will be totally nerfed?

Why? The only thing that could be considered "nerfed" is that the PS4 is going to be brand new and there won't be a lot of games that publishers want to give away for free in the first year.

Mupod

Oh, I thought at first they were offering you a chance to get the first year of PS+ games with some kind of special subscription promotion. That'd actually be worthwhile for me since I just bought a PS3.

I don't think it's worth maintaining a sub fee personally but I'm grabbing everything I can until my trials run out. I might get a Vita someday and it's likely I'll be forced to pay for PS4 online at some point, and this month's Vita offerings alone are almost all the Vita games I actually want. But I play my consoles too intermittently to maintain sub fees and I've never been the 'rental' type.

So glad to have subbed from Day 1. I saw the writing on the wall.

If you haven't subbed yet, get on the ball. If you don't you're only going to regret it more later on when dudes like me are given Gaikai access to our PS+ collection on PS4.

Lucent

It's required for PS4. PS3 and Vita still are totally free to play online. And the PS+ service is spread across all three of them. I don't think they're gonna nerf them. Especially if what people are saying is true and developers love this. And I would have to say they must if they cleared games that were fairly new on the Vita fast.

Guymelef

fi1ip

Looking at that US list, I can't help but notice that we EU PS Plus members are getting better games.

Mockduck

Neo Member
Best gaming deal...ever? PS+ rules. Rulez even! I'm also hoping they remain unbelievably-how-can-they-be-giving-up-so-much-money generous with the PS4 (and keep a high level of Vita support.)

I didn't really get into PS+ with PS3, but I will definitely be subscribing for PS4. Years and years worth of it.

Same here. I buy most of the games I want to really play at release so it's not that much of a deal for me. I'm REALLY hoping that the PS4 sees this kind of attention and deals and it's not just Sony trying to get as many PS+ subscribers as possible for the PS4.

It will start off slow on PS4 for sure, as the pool of games for them to include is such a small one. Or may they'll add perks for Gaikai. Who knows.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Since the library for PS4 will be small, they could have better discounts and sales, instead of so many free games, and when Gaikai comes out they could maybe give PS Plus members free Gaikai games.

paparazzo

Damn, looks like I need PS+. Would be cool if they make PS3 games on Gaikai on PS4 a part of the service since it's doubtful they'll be able to offer as many PS4 games at first.

Same here. I buy most of the games I want to really play at release so it's not that much of a deal for me. I'm REALLY hoping that the PS4 sees this kind of attention and deals and it's not just Sony trying to get as many PS+ subscribers as possible for the PS4.
Don't see why they wouldn't, especially now with even more subs because of the online shit. Obviously they need to build a library of games before they start giving out games at the pace they are doing now when it comes to stuff like xcom, sleeping dogs, uncharted, saints row, etc....

Don't see why it would stop though. As long as early on they keep giving occasional free stuff and keep the discounts coming until they do build a library I will be satisfied at least. And when they do build it, backkkk to monthly backlogs :p I fully believe Knack will be free within 6 months of the console's life cycle. I feeeeel it.

Amir0x

Banned
Holy shit at the value of that. just holy great goddamn.

Seriously. Wow.

They should not force multiplayer behind a paywall, but at least they did it in a way that is the least painful possible considering the return on that investment.

See here's the problem: Sony has such good deals and continues to offer you more value for your money.

But none of those games interest me at all. They killed off their most interesting mascots and I just don't see what else I'd play on it. I can probably find 5 PS2 titles I'd like to own but nothing since.
What kinds of games do you play, if you're not interested in any of those 64 games?

cluderi

I have both PS+ for EU and NA...

The value has been incredible.

To bad I don't have time.

:(

Me too (well US and AUS) I've got about 3 games already downloaded I need to dig into, since I'm still on my 80gb phat I'm tempted to get that 500gb GTA slim.

What kinds of games do you play, if you're not interested in any of those 64 games?

Well at least for Playstation, I used to like games like Spyro, Crash, Sly Cooper, and Jak and Daxter. There were some minor racing games in between but those were the ones I enjoyed most. Unfortunately, it seems that they've died out and I just don't see anything else on the Playstation that would cause me to buy a whole new system AND subscription for. I'm not against Sony or anything.

Well at least for Playstation, I used to like games like Spyro, Crash, Sly Cooper, and Jak and Daxter. There were some minor racing games in between but those were the ones I enjoyed most. Unfortunately, it seems that they've died out and I just don't see anything else on the Playstation that would cause me to buy a whole new system AND subscription for. I'm not against Sony or anything.
Okay. Never suggested it was an anti-Sony thing, just honestly curious what you like, since there seems to be a lot of diversity in that lineup. The first Sly Cooper was on PS+ but you obviously played that before.

Ocaso

Every PS1 Spyro and Crash game was offered for free on Plus, and they also gave away the HD version of Sly Cooper. Really, I think they've catered to most tastes at one point or another, but there's no pleasing everyone.

Every PS1 Spyro and Crash game was offered for free on Plus, and they also gave away the HD version of Sly Cooper. Really, I think they've catered to most tastes at one point or another, but there's no pleasing everyone.

I have a PS1 that still works... I wouldn't get a new console to play games I've already played....

That's cool that they did that though. It's a good way around backwards compatibility issues so long as they aren't too expensive.

Duster

wonder how much of a burn it is when your game is free but still no one downloads it

I felt so bad doing that for the LotR MOBA, I may be geeky enough to know what those initials mean but the genre just seems too overwhelming to get into, even if I ended up loving the game I get the feeling it would have sucked up all my gaming time leaving no room for the other 63 IGC titles.

Ocaso

I have a PS1 that still works... I wouldn't get a new console to play games I've already played....

That's cool that they did that though. It's a good way around backwards compatibility issues so long as they aren't too expensive.

I wouldn't pay for a subscription to get games I already owned either, but the point is that they did offer some of the classics that are to your taste. It's quite possible many other games they offer would be to your liking as well.

Oh, and the PS3 is fully backwards compatible with PS1 still. Only PS2 is a sticking point.

anyone think theyll put Deadpool or Last of Us on Plus in July
Deadpool to promote the game(i saw 0 tv commercials) Last of Us to get more people interested in the inevitable sequel

And then you realize out of that whole pile you really only care about that delicious looking pineapple in the middle.
Not really. PS+ offers a lot of quality games. There's a reason that people complain about already having bought a lot of the games on PS+. If most of the games were shit, no one would complain about already owning them.

Top Bottom