• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Extra/Premium Discounted, Ends Jan 13

Puscifer

I'm still annoyed I just can't play the games I purchase online without having to pay a bullshit $60 a year for ps plus. I could care less about the monthly "free games" as well as the ps plus collection since I own all those games anyway.

Fuck you Sony and MS.
I agree to me it was just enough of a pill to swallow to justify to play the games I wanted online. But honestly, I don't care anymore, it's an exclusives box that's remained dormant since ragnarok released.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Only non-subscribers and current Essential subscribers are eligible for these discounts.

Discounts for current Extra and Premium members:
They did the same for existing Plus users who wanted to downgrade, back in December.
I told Sony to fuck off and I just let my ~10 year-old subscription die out.
Anyways, I don't think I played a single game from the service this year and the Plus monthly games have been forgettable to say the least.

That said, now I'm a "non-subscriber" so I can get the 40% off promo..
Decisions, decisions...

Dr.Morris79

Never in a million years would I buy back into Sonys shitty ecosystem, fuck that.

They cant even do Ps1 right, and wheres the good ones? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ps2? What Ps2? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Streaming Ps3? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Fucking dog turd.

Last edited:

Fbh

For anyone who recently got a ps5, extra really is a no brainer, specially at that price and doubly so if you were planning to get regular Ps+ anyway.

With that said, mine runs out in June and I'm not sure I'll renew. Once you've played the highlights like Returnal and Demon souls it goes back to the same issue I have with all gaming subscription services, you end up playing what's made available to you instead of what you really want (of course when both things align, it's great)

Fredrik

Not every plan gets 40 percent off, but I'll add that Extra members can also get a discount.

I agree with @HeisenbergFX4 that Premium is a shitty deal. But what is a good deal is different for everyone. I'm not renewing because I have so many games to play already. I've played all of one game on PS+ this year: A Plague Tale: Innocence. So obviously for me this isn't worth it.

But I think it sucks when companies adopt a policy advertising a great deal for new customers or those who are upgrading and take for granted existing customers. My money will easily be spent elsewhere.
Yeah fair enough I understand your thinking.

And I can say this, I thought the service was better at the launch. I was LTTP on a bunch of games so I had so much to play. But now that I’m kinda in sync the delay strategy just doesn’t work for me. I just end up buying their big games before they pop up on the game catalogue.
There is still lots of games to play though, and as said I pay more for a pizza so I don’t really think about it.

Last edited:
Some of you are really unreasonably salty about the deal. Its marketing 101, they want to lure in new subscribers, not pamper the ones that are already signed up. There already was a promo last year, there will be another one this year too at least once or twice. As far as I see here, its people that want to buy 5+ year memberships that complain the most and saying "fuck you sony" for not letting me have even more years for cheap...

Also, whoever is complaining about paying for online and subscriptions..., since 2005 MS did it with GOLD. SEVENTEEN years ago, get over it already its not going to change. Id understand if it's $300 or something but $60 a year and you get 50ish free games with it, I cant even buy on the biggest sale ever that many games for $60.

SkylineRKR

I bought Premium for 50 ish with the Now migration plan.

But I can say Extra is more than enough. Premium tier add nothing to me. I only played Horizon and Lost Legacy timed trials. And Ridge Racer PSP. For the rest I use the Extra benefits. Extra is really good and for 60 its a no brainer.

I am against paying for online play but in general you get 2 or 3 games you wanted to buy and gained your money back for the year. Last year I wanted to buy Soulstorm and Control and I didn't have to so that saved me 70 or more right there.

Some of you are really unreasonably salty about the deal. Its marketing 101, they want to lure in new subscribers, not pamper the ones that are already signed up. There already was a promo last year, there will be another one this year too at least once or twice. As far as I see here, its people that want to buy 5+ year memberships that complain the most and saying "fuck you sony" for not letting me have even more years for cheap...

Also, whoever is complaining about paying for online and subscriptions..., since 2005 MS did it with GOLD. SEVENTEEN years ago, get over it already its not going to change. Id understand if it's $300 or something but $60 a year and you get 50ish free games with it, I cant even buy on the biggest sale ever that many games for $60.

I agree, this is normal procedure. My cable company does it all the time. I see new subs being offered sports channels etc. But then I call them and say I am planning to jump ship and most of the times they give me the bonus as well. Right now I have ESPN, which is normally 15 a month or so, for free until summer.

Ofcourse, this isn't possible with the likes of Sony and MS.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned

I was going to agree with you until the last paragraph.

Yes, its been awhile already. I dont lose sleep over it anymore.But I'll never be ok over companies putting a basic feature as online pay behind a payewall. And it should always be called out.

Top Bottom