• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Thread: Plus What? PLUS EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago

This is what I'm hoping for

PSASBR
Uncharted 3
Gran Turismo 5 XL

This is what I'm expecting

PSASBR
LBP Karting
God of War Collection

Breaking news: Orc Attack is not coming. Not sure if it's going to be replaced or not.

KjV9Rn9.png

Also, it's still unclear if Machinarium is coming on Vita or not.
No!!!! I was really looking forward to Machinarium VITA. Damn you SCEA! I will wait for E3 and if they don't announce sh*t, i am done with SCEA PS+. I will just go to lovely EU PS+

netguy503

lol are there 200,000 separate items even on PSN?

You really don't think there is 200,000 separate items on PSN? Between all the themes, dynamic themes, dlc, avatars, betas, tv shows/movies, full digital games, tester and digital magizines, downlable video strategy guides and Eye of whatever episodes (burn zombie burn had a video guide uncharted had both), and psp and ps vita downloads (and the betas and dlc for those systems). I'm sure I'm forgetting other categories. But yes PSN has had ALOT of stuff over the years. And I have a pretty big majority of it.

Edit: I forgot season passes and cross buy purchases and that I'm friends with gamestop people so I get alot of the per-order dlc codes (alot for games I don't even have) so that can usually account for 4-6 items toward the count to that 200,000 (and it's actually 200,047 like I said) on that alone. I really have a big DL history.

NewGame

Banned
How does the PS3 know when your subscription is up? Does it need to constantly be online for the PS+ games to work? Or does it have a use-by date based on the PS3's internal memory?

Does it delete the games local data or just lock you out from playing it?

Looking for Peggle or Bejeweled 2 on the web store shows no results. Did they remove the games? In this case, you may have to contact Sony... weird that the unlock file disappeared too.

Heavy Weapon is gone as well. Both the demo and unlock key file for it are still in my download list.

How does the PS3 know when your subscription is up? Does it need to constantly be online for the PS+ games to work? Or does it have a use-by date based on the PS3's internal memory?
Internal timer. You can check the expiration date by highlighting a PS+ game, pressing Triangle, and selecting Information. The expiration date of the game is the same date as the end of the PS+ subscription

Does it delete the games local data or just lock you out from playing it?
You'll be locked out of the games after an expired subscription. If you re-subscribe, all you need to do to unlock them is to play them while logged in to PSN. Either the expiration dates will automatically update, or you'll need to download a license key file again. You can also choose to buy the game if you feel like it.

Ostinatto

guys, i just bought a used PSvita with lots of games from PSN (the guy sold me his account too)
but my main account is in my PS3 (PSN+ Account) , my first question is:

1- can i have both accounts in my vita? If not, there's a way to have both accounts in different memory sticks?
2- would i be able to link my main account to the PS4 after this?

EctoPrime

Does it need to constantly be online for the PS+ games to work?

You only need to be logged in to start the download after that you can sign out and still install the game and not bother with psn until the next batch of psplus games arrive*.

*not including online multiplayer.

1- can i have both accounts in my vita? If not, there's a way to have both accounts in different memory sticks?
No, the Vita can only be registered to one account.
If you mean one account on one memory card and another on another card, yes, but you will have to restore the Vita to factory defaults every time you want to change those memory cards.

2- would i be able to link my main account to the PS4 after this?
Most likely, but no one knows if PS4 will share the same activations as on PS3 or if PS4 activations are separate.

Joni

I have that as well. Good looking out. I'm sure there are a BUNCH. Why wasn't there a press release about this? Seems really odd.

Usually happens when something changes with the developer/publisher. In this case it is probably EA taking over PopCap and SOE's licensing arrangement with PopCap ending.

The Chef

Free Deus Ex got me to finally make the jump and get +
Is there any way I could buy/setup a download online and then have it added to a download que on my ps3?

A few questions to PSN+ users:

1- If you downloaded a free PSN+ exclusive game, will you have it forever as long as you're subscribed to PSN+ or will it go away when PSN+ offers another bunch of free games? If they remain, will unsubscribing for a while then returning still grant you access to the games?

2- Can you play PSN+ free games offline? How does it verify your subscription?

3- I assume purchasing discounted PSN+ games will remain whether you're subscribed to PSN+ or not, correct?

I'm sure those have been asked before and I admit being too lazy to search lol

1- If you downloaded a free PSN+ exclusive game, will you have it forever as long as you're subscribed to PSN+ or will it go away when PSN+ offers another bunch of free games? If they remain, will unsubscribing for a while then returning still grant you access to the games?

3- I assume purchasing discounted PSN+ games will remain whether you're subscribed to PSN+ or not, correct?

1. They'll stay for as long as you have a subscription for, I'm still playing games that I got free from PS+ last year.

2. I have no clue on this, I believe everything's automatically set to expire on your PS3 when your subscription is set to run out, and then it's updated. I may be wrong though.

3. You'll keep the games that you purchase discounted forever, regardless of PS+ subscription.

jvm

Gamasutra.

How about reading the OP? Not much searching involved! You found this thread, after all! And there's a link right there on this page that says "First".

1) Download a free game, the license you get with it will limit your play to the end date of your subscription. Resubscribe, and all licenses can be updated with new expiry, and all games you previously got a license for will be reinstated. (If you *buy* a game, it is yours forever, even if it has a PS+ discount.)

2) Yes, the license is given an expiry date when downloaded, so offline doesn't matter.

3) Yes, anything you spend money on is yours to keep, regardless of subscription status.

Seriously, though. READ THE FRICKING OP. :p

Camjo-Z

This is what I'm hoping for

PSASBR
Uncharted 3
Gran Turismo 5 XL

This is what I'm expecting

PSASBR
LBP Karting
God of War Collection

PSAS is extremely likely, I think. They've got some DLC costumes already done that they haven't released yet, which makes me suspect they might be holding off on them until it's on PS+ when there will be more people to buy them along with the other DLC.

Also, could have sworn I read a comment from someone on the blog basically confirming that Uncharted 3 would be one of the next big games on PS+. Could be wrong though.

@ Cisce & jvm

Thanks a lot for the quick response!

Wow I feel like a douche bag now since everything was pretty much in the first post (which I read now btw), I apologize about that, being awake for 20+ hours can make you do some weird stuff lol

Since doesn't require online authentication and you can use the same PSN account on more than one machine, is this the reason why I hear a lot about the gamesharing loophole PSN has? Or do they have protection now against installing the same PSN+ DLC on more than one PS3?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Now THAT is awesome.
When will my ps3 perform the download?
Also, when does PSN get updated with latest content typically? (I've been out of the PSN loop for a while now)

It will download when you have it set to autodownload. Its in the PS3 settings and so individual for everyone.

And it updates Tuesday afternoons, mostly between 3 and 7 PM Eastern.

Tizoc

It will download when you have it set to autodownload. Its in the PS3 settings and so individual for everyone.

And it updates Tuesday afternoons, mostly between 3 and 7 PM Eastern.

It actually updates whenever Grace Chen feels like it.

No, the limit is 2. It used to be 5, but they changed it like...close to two years ago now, if not longer.

Ohh I see, so I guess those that have activated it on 5 consoles, will remain under the old rules until those 3 extra devices are deactivated.

Because I just checked one of my old account on SEN and there are 5 devices connected to it. Also, I don't think the account will be limited to 2 of Any console, because some people have 2 PS3s, those would be stuck using their account on the PS4.

BTW, can you deactivate the account on a console to use it on another? Would people be allowed to use installed PSN+ games if a console has been deactivated (which would be pretty damn dumb lol).

Joni

Ohh I see, so I guess those that have activated it on 5 consoles, will remain under the old rules until those 3 extra devices are deactivated.

Because I just checked one of my old account on SEN and there are 5 devices connected to it. Also, I don't think the account will be limited to 2 of Any console, because some people have 2 PS3s, those would be stuck using their account on the PS4.

BTW, can you deactivate the account on a console to use it on another? Would people be allowed to use installed PSN+ games if a console has been deactivated (which would be pretty damn dumb lol).

- Games on the 5 console regiment, will always be on the 5 console regiment.
- There are 5 devices connected, but you haven't activated the same game on all five.
- You can deactivate to use it on another, but the Plus games should become deactivated, no?

Noi

othIttX.png

Well well, looks like their time is almost up. Think they'll show the next batch of IGC titles at the E3 conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom