• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Thread: Plus What? PLUS EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number45

I really hope that soon there is more transparency into my digital library.
I manage this myself by creating a bookmark to the Metacritic page of games that I've picked up via Plus but haven't gotten around to playing yet. I'm not sure how you'd expect Sony to keep a record of what you have or haven't played.

Wow..... Great month coming! I'm excited to play Machinarim again (never finished it on PC) and Saint's Row 3!!!! Nice!

Dues Ex is really a great game, I hope all of you that haven't payed it give it a chance. I had a ball with it.

Sulla1980

VLR is great, have been looking forward to that one.

Deus Ex and SL3 are great as well, but I have already played them. I'm not complaining, those two are obviously good gets for the service, just wishing there were more for me.

neoemonk

Just saw the update. Pretty cool. I've been looking for an excuse to try out the new Deus Ex and VLR for a while, and SR3 is kind of icing on the cake.

neoemonk

I know they haven't made any announcements yet, but I'm curious to see how they handle PS+ on the PS4. Depending on how they do might go a long way towards me picking up the new system.

Dec

Fuck yes, Virtue's Last Reward. I knew I was right resisting the urge to pick it up today.

...gonna have to pick up 999, though.

VLR likely isn't gonna be until the very end of the month. :(

And I unfortunately own no platforms with 999 on it.

jcm

I manage this myself by creating a bookmark to the Metacritic page of games that I've picked up via Plus but haven't gotten around to playing yet. I'm not sure how you'd expect Sony to keep a record of what you have or haven't played.

select game from purchased_list
minus
select game from trophy_list

VLR likely isn't gonna be until the very end of the month. :(

And I unfortunately own no platforms with 999 on it.

Supposedly this fall that weird 999 port (that doesn't have the actual puzzles) will be released on the iphone app store.

Number45

select game from purchased_list
minus
select game from trophy_list
I should probably have said "why" as opposed to "how".

With that in mind, not all of the PS+ games have had trophies. Some of them aren't on platforms that even support trophies.

I don't know if I can handle Sleeping Dogs AND Saints Row Third lol. I've literally been killing people in Sleeping Dogs and running from cops, that's all I've done. I think one mission I completed, because I have ADD LOL :p

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hm...didn't play much of SR3 or DE:HR before I got rid of them, so...this is good, I guess? At least now I don't regret selling either of them.

Chatin

Nice to see VLR as a free game. Hopefully more people get to play it. And one of these days, Sony will make the Vita a viable platform for playing all these digital titles, as opposed to the current situation where you have to pay an arm and a leg for a still limited amount of space.

Excellent update. Now I need to go trade in my disc copies of Deus Ex and Saint's Row 3.

Anyone know if save data for The Full Package edition of SR3 is compatible with the base game?

IceBreak

Banned
I remember when PS+ was two minis and a PSN game every month. Now it's getting ridiculous. It continues to astound me. The best entertainment value that I've ever seen in my life and we're not even done yet for June. How anyone with an understanding of the service doesn't get it is beyond me.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

My E3 Predictions:

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (kind of a given)
PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale
Heavy Rain (long shot)

jcm

I should probably have said "why" as opposed to "how".

With that in mind, not all of the PS+ games have had trophies. Some of them aren't on platforms that even support trophies.

Good point, I forgot about the PSP games. Still I think it would be a nice feature for Sony to remind me to play something I own and haven't used yet. I suppose it could be counter-productive to Sony to have something like that, but as a customer I'd love it.

AlexBasch

Heh, I already bought DE:HR on the last sale, but good, good!

I wouldn't mind replaying SR3 at some point, such a good game, but there are some other games that need clearance first. :p

sqwarlock

VLR? Awesome. Now I just have to play through 999 first...

The PS3 games are awesome, but it sort of sucks (for me) seeing all these great games go free that I already own on PC. I really wish MLB 13 would've been free for Vita this month, but that's a pipe dream if ever there was one.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Gabe beat Jensen in the main event of VGCW and now Jensen's game is 100% off. Cowinkydink?

I'm not sure where to ask this and I don't want to make a new thread, so I'll do it here.

I want to make a PSN account for my little sister, what should I know about this? I saw something about a sub account for kids but is it the only way?

I'm not really interested in controlling what my sister plays, she just wants to try LBP2 online.

iiicon

what an awesome month. I already own Saints Row 3, Machinarium, Deus Ex and VLR on other platforms, but I'm more than willing to replay the first three on my PS3. I can finally play SR3 co-op with some friends!

Toki767

I'm not sure where to ask this and I don't want to make a new thread, so I'll do it here.

I want to make a PSN account for my little sister, what should I know about this? I saw something about a sub account for kids but is it the only way?

I'm not really interested in controlling what my sister plays, she just wants to try LBP2 online.

Just make a new account. She can play any game that's on your PS3.

Field

If I subscribe again, after not having subscription for some time, should my previously free games reappear in my download history?

androvsky

If I subscribe again, after not having subscription for some time, should my previously free games reappear in my download history?

Not only will they reappear, they'll reappear at the top of your download history with the date you re-subscribed to Plus so you don't have to dig through your entire download history again.

Ok, I guess I'll need to talk with her about this. Last question, will her account be upgraded when she's 18?

Thanks a lot btw.

I'm going to answer my own question.

Once a subaccount is created, it cannot be changed to a master account even if the account holder becomes older than 18 years old.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/242/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzcwMjkxMzIwL3NpZC9RZzh2WlFybA%3D%3D

Uhh, why? Looks like I'm going to lie about her age :/

Awesome updates. I'll be looking forward to what the yearly deals are now. I think I'm gonna rebuy Demon Souls tonight on PSN to have it digitally.

Fuck, It's a great month but I already have Deus Ex and Saint's Row on Steam :(

So do I but I'll sacrifice graphics for comfy bed (in my case) gaming. Its easier to game on the ps3 than my laptop currently as well (laptop is only for dota 2 and programming right now).

edit: sorry dp.

Just resubbed for the SotC/ICO bundle. The game is as majestetic as I remembered it was. Controls still clunky as heck though. PS+ is the most amazing thing ever.

bigace33

I don't even have enough time to play all the PS+ games alone. No need to buy games.

Uhhh, I don't think this is what they have in mind. "Free games are great, but there are plenty of games that will never see Plus. lol I understand your sentiment though.

The first store update is a bit weak-sause. Deus Ex along with some lame discounts. No Vita games for this update. Here's hoping the next update is better and offers some better discounts due to E3 Week :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom