• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation State of Play #2 viewing and discussion thread. May 9th 6PM EST 3 PM PST

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

SonGoku

Holly shit Tokyo Jungle spiritual successor.
giphy.webp

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ

DonF

Monster Hunter World Iceborne, 9.6.2019, a Big new ice themed expansion.
Riverbond, this summer . Top down 4 player co op, guest from other games like shovel knight and Raz.
Predator Hunting Grounds. 2020. Online asymmetrical. From Playstation worlwide studios.
Medievil Remake, October 25, it runs like shit(choppy framerate), all hope is lost.
Away, You play as a ...flying squirrel? Lemur? The point is, survive.
New limited edition ps4, its beautiful, steel gray. Iridescent.
New Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer. Teaser of more to come in June.

More to come this year.

sIXQbeg.png

Last edited:

Manus

God I'm so out with FF7 remake being an action game. Gameplay looks so much like FF15 which the combat was awful.

bigedole

Well, a little more FF7R at least. It basically looks like FF Type-0/Crisis core actually built for PS4. I suspect the game really will be broken into 3 parts ending with the escape from Midgard for the first one.

FranXico

Monster Hunter World Iceborne, 9.6.2019, a Big new ice themed expansion.
Riverbond, this summer . Top down 4 player co op, guest from other games like shovel knight and Raz.
Predator Hunting Grounds. 2020. Online asymmetrical. From Playstation worlwide studios.
Medievil Remake, October 25, it runs like shit(choppy framerate), all hope is lost.
Away You play as a ...flying squirrel? Lemur? The point is, survive.
New limited edition ps4, its beautiful, steel gray. Iridescent.
New Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer. Teaser of more to come in June.

More to come this year.
The really interesting part is that they said this limited edition PS4 is to be available around an event that is going to take place in June.

Isa

I keep seeing her name in the game trailers but I can't help but not see muh fave gal from 7 Tifa at all. Man I hope she turns out alright. I like how Cloud's turning out, and it looks like other characters are playable so that's an improvement over 15 for me. Other than that what a "show".

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well, a little more FF7R at least. It basically looks like FF Type-0/Crisis core actually built for PS4. I suspect the game really will be broken into 3 parts ending with the escape from Midgard for the first one.

We haven't seen anything so far that isn't in the first 1/3rd of the game, so I'd venture to guess they really will be splitting this up as planned.

And then the second part won't sell as well as the first and SE will cancel the 3rd. It's Square Enix after all, they're gonna Square Enix it.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Whitesnake

Banned
The best parts were Monster Hunter and FF7

Monster Hunter already has its own full-fledged presentation in an hour

FF7 was a just a few 2-second clips and an announcement of an announcement

Not great. 😬

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Saber

Gold Member
My god, this one start terrible. Wasting time on a freaking MHW Dlc, cheez.

Not to mention "a lot of nothing" from other new games.

I got to see Medievul at least. But the game looks kinda...sludgish? Lots of drops in fps.

The end at least was nice though.

Last edited:
what was that Play thing in June? They are selling you a limited time console based on an event? really? Why not just make it a contest where you can win hundreds of those shiny PS4s?

They are branding things into PLAY, so many questions 10 minutes was not enough

FranXico

I'm surprised so many people failed to notice that this State of Play is teasing the PS5 reveal in June.

Edit: I misintrepreted the Days of Play name drop as a different kind of event. It's just sales. So, no. No PS5 tease here.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
what was that Play thing in June? They are selling you a limited time console based on an event? really? Why not just make it a contest where you can win hundreds of those shiny PS4s?

They are branding things into PLAY, so many questions 10 minutes was not enough
They had a days of play console last year too, in Europe anyway.

thelastword

Banned
New console looks good...…..A Predator game should be cool, especially online (stealth et al)…….FF7 Remake looks like it's going to live up to the hype...…..Medievil got a serious upgrade in visuals, you can see that the art still holds up...…….This should do well come October...…Perfect game for Halloween....

Top Bottom