• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 01/28/10 – Thexder Neo | Hustle Kings (US)

Oneself

Good news, Assault Heroes is out today! It was one of the best XBLA games available (and better than the sequel actually)...

kassatsu said:

Nice one for Assault Heroes, now I feel better that I never got much to any progress done in the XBLA version (I also bought the second...). Any word on AH2 coming to PSN shortly too?

And last but most importantly, does this Afterburner news mean it's finally coming soon? :D Gee it looks beautiful in motion.

Now that we're on the topic of upcoming games, has there ever been any word of Rez HD getting a PSN version? Every Extend Extra Extreme? Omega Five? Soul Calibur 1? Gyromancer? Ikaruga? Any news on any of those?

Not the biggest deal, I have the XBLA version, but I really like Rez.

jetsetfluken said:
Now that we're on the topic of upcoming games, has there ever been any word of Rez HD getting a PSN version? Every Extend Extra Extreme? Omega Five? Soul Calibur 1? Gyromancer? Ikaruga? Any news on any of those?

Not the biggest deal, I have the XBLA version, but I really like Rez.
Rez HD, the Q Entertainment Twitter guy (It's not Mielke anymore) is asking people on Twitter about a possible PSN release as a sort of way to gauge interest. They asked this morning, anyway.

kassatsu

Banned
ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Rez HD, the Q Entertainment Twitter guy (It's not Mielke anymore) is asking people on Twitter about a possible PSN release as a sort of way to gauge interest. They asked this morning, anyway.
They also were asking if we would pay $15. :lol

V_Ben

Banned
kassatsu said:

i told them ten would be better, and they replied that it would not be feasible, as they still need to pay sega for the liscencing, as they need to take their cut from rez. so $15 is fair enough.

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:

Please post the link here, they need all the help they can get. Q Entertainment has some quality products on XBLA, Rez HD and Every Extend Extra Extreme being the most noteworthy in my opinion.
PSN already has the superior Lumines (Supernova), so it rules out thoughts of exclusivity to XBLA (kind of like how Tecmo's DD games are only getting XBLA releases).

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:

I own 3 copies (PS2, DC, XBLA) and a trance vibrator. I think I'm done.

kassatsu said:

What's the big deal about another $5? Rez HD is a very polished product, the original DC game alone is worth that price, then you add in the HD and all the other subtle but useful tweaks and additions...what a modern port should be! And without the size limit that XBLA had, the PSN version could very well be the most definitive version. (no need for compression)

I think we should just take whatever we can get, the thought alone from Q Entertainment that Rez HD should come to PSN is a huge start as it is. Don't want to make them think, "you know what, why should we even bother if they're going to bitch about a few dollars and cause low sales?".

V_Ben

Banned
jetsetfluken said:
What's the big deal about another $5? Rez HD is a very polished product, the original DC game alone is worth that price, then you add in the HD and all the other subtle but useful tweaks and additions...what a modern port should be! And without the size limit that XBLA had, the PSN version could very well be the most definitive version. (no need for compression)

I think we should just take whatever we can get, the thought alone from Q Entertainment that Rez HD should come to PSN is a huge start as it is. Don't want to make them think, "you know what, why should we even bother if they're going to bitch about a few dollars and cause low sales?".

i like this guy. well said.

V_Ben said:
i told them ten would be better, and they replied that it would not be feasible, as they still need to pay sega for the liscencing, as they need to take their cut from rez. so $15 is fair enough.
But it's $10 on XBLA, unless I'm missing the point somewhere.

V_Ben

Banned
toythatkills said:

huh. so it is. thats strange of them.

edit: just tweeted Q again. here's hoping they respond. also, check our Rlan2's back and forth with them on twitter (he works at halfbrick). they both make valid points.

V_Ben said:
huh. so it is. thats strange of them.

Not exactly strange, since it released on XBLA in January 2008, may as well even say 2007 though not technically. It's also gone through multiple sales (I believe the holiday 2008 sale had it at $5)
On PSN it would be a brand new release, and the licensing excuse is not a cover-up.
Rez HD is not your Diner Dash. It's not your Polar Panic. Those get the $10 treatment nowadays. Rez HD is a "premium", well-made release with considerable effort made to it and content put in.

I think this calls for a new thread, so we can rally the troops for the good cause. :D

Omikaru

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
If they support the Trance Vibrator on PS3 then
I'm in.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
toythatkills said:
I'm pretty sure it was $15 when it launched. Sure, they can now drop the price on it after they got some sales, but when they have to develop a new version, they cannot just sell it for cheap and not recoup any money from it.

$15 is nothing for a game like Rez anyways.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
levious said:
box quote

Well, compared to the HD version it does look like ass. But The Hera Campaign translates Savage Moon PS3 to the PSP pretty damn well.

Basically it's one of the better Tower Defense games for the system that you can buy off PSN.

I'm pretty sure it was $15 when it launched.

RezHD? Fuck. No. It was 800 points/$10 when I bought it Day One on XBLA. The $5 difference to bring it to PSN is mind-boggling. How the hell is Sega okay to the 360 release but suddenly you need to pay licensing fees for the PS3?

It sounds like "We are getting bitched at to do this enough but we don't really want to, so we'll make an excuse and see if they'll buckle or bend over and pay $5 more."

Omikaru said:
If they support the Trance Vibrator on PS3 then
I'm in.

No need for that, when you can use 4 different controllers at once as a substitute. :D

TheSeks said:
RezHD? Fuck. No. It was 800 points/$10 when I bought it Day One on XBLA. The $5 difference to bring it to PSN is mind-boggling. How the hell is Sega okay to the 360 release but suddenly you need to pay licensing fees for the PS3?

It sounds like "We are getting bitched at to do this enough but we don't really want to, so we'll make an excuse and see if they'll buckle or bend over and pay $5 more."

Not exactly, I know it's unfortunate, but times have changed and the new standard for "quality" DD releases on XBLA and PSN is $15 (Braid and Castle Crashers started this trend @ 1200/$15 then they saw people would buy so it turned into the norm), and everything else gets the $10 treatment.
In the olden days, it used to be $10/800 for premium releases, and $5/400 for mostly everything else.

Also, I believe Sony has a different etiquette with how games are put on the PSN than Microsoft has on XBLA. Something like some extra fees have to be charged to have it hosted and keep being hosted, therefore Sony taking gradual percentages more with the sales.

Binabik15 said:
Why is the Uncharted demo not availaable in Germany? It´s not like the game is censored or banned in Germany.

Judging from the content available, I think it's like that:

No demos above USK12 rating for the German PS Store, as they would be free and available to everyone. USK16 (and now USK18) games are fine as you either have to own a cc (18+ or parents approval) or buy a German PSN card which have a recommended (not by law imo) rating of 18+.
Same reason why (most?) themes, Home-Spaces of games rated 16/18 are not available as they share a common rating and are free. Addons (if not rated differently) seem to not count as you would need the game in the first place. Though IIRC this is also open to the publishers other than Sony.

Basically Sony wanted to follow the German youth protection laws very closely / to not being vulnerable to any accusations.

(but leaving us open to use any PS Store with no IP lock :D , I guess technically possible because they officially don't encourage this / stated in their own PSN terms it's allowed to use any address/data other than your real one - but practically they don't care at all. Also maybe foreign PSN accounts count like foreign websites and don't apply to German law by default so not IP lock needed. For comparison, MS is - theoretically - not following German laws hard enough regarding content in the German marketplace but is too strict on Germans for the foreign marketplaces :lol ).

genjiZERO

If they released Rez HD I'd buy it immediately. Lumines Supernova is already my favourite game of this generation, and Rez was in my top 5 last gen.

Tetris mini, it does not work with PS3 alone right?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
jetsetfluken said:
No need for that, when you can use 4 different controllers at once as a substitute. :D

Not exactly, I know it's unfortunate, but times have changed and the new standard for "quality" DD releases on XBLA and PSN is $15 (Braid and Castle Crashers started this trend @ 1200/$15 then they saw people would buy so it turned into the norm), and everything else gets the $10 treatment.
In the olden days, it used to be $10/800 for premium releases, and $5/400 for mostly everything else.

Also, I believe Sony has a different etiquette with how games are put on the PSN than Microsoft has on XBLA. Something like some extra fees have to be charged to have it hosted and keep being hosted, therefore Sony taking gradual percentages more with the sales.
There's no need to keep defending the price.

As for the fees that Sony charges, it's pennies per gigabyte downloaded or something even less if I remember the article correctly.
Doesn't affect it at all.

NIGHT-

dallow_bg said:
Well............. WHICH ONES!

PS one Classics

Extreme Pinball ($5.99)
Take your pinball to the extreme! Rack up the high scores as you play through four exciting tables.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 24 MB

Hi-Octane:The Track Fights Back ($5.99)
Blow the competition away in this high-speed racing game! Collect weapons and power-ups in a full-on battle towards the finish line.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 35 MB

:lol :lol :lol

Where the hell is Vagrant Story

mauaus

PlayStation Store Update

Posted by Grace Chen // Senior Manager, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone – It’s time for the weekly PlayStation Store Update.
Updates

Bloons minis Permanent Price Drop (now $2.99, original price $3.99)

Brain Pipe minis Permanent Price Drop (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
Downloadable Games

Hustle Kings ($9.99)
Rack ‘em up and hustle your way to the top of the leaderboards with Hustle Kings, the newest and first-ever billiards simulator made exclusively for the PlayStation 3. Set in contemporary and stylish pool bars, Hustle Kings allows players of every skill level to immerse themselves in one of the most realistic billiards experiences ever realized through true to life physics and stunning, photo-realistic lighting and graphics.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 316 MB

THEXDER NEO ($9.99)
Originally released on the PC in 1985, THEXDER is a side-scrolling shooter featuring sleek animation, strategic transforming-mech gameplay, and brilliant homing lasers. Now the excitement of the original returns with revamped graphics, a novice mode, 6-player online races, and all-new features in THEXDER NEO.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 269 MB

Assault Heroes ($9.99)
As the only surviving members of an elite Special Forces Unit, it is up to you to uncover a classified weapons program hidden deep within a secret underground lab. Go the mission alone or fight side-by-side with your fellow comrade to tackle relentless enemy attacks. Use your stealth military training, weapons handling and quick mobility in this do or die mission. Reveal the truth to become the ultimate Assault Hero!
ESRB Rated T
File size: 58 MB
PS one Classics

Extreme Pinball ($5.99)
Take your pinball to the extreme! Rack up the high scores as you play through four exciting tables.
ESRB Rated E

Blow the competition away in this high-speed racing game! Collect weapons and power-ups in a full-on battle towards the finish line.
ESRB Rated E
Game Demos (free)

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Single Player Demo
Download the free single player demo for the “GAME OF THE YEAR” award winner, UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves today!
ESRB Rated T
File size: 1.83 GB

THEXDER NEO Demo
Originally released on the PC in 1985, THEXDER is a side-scrolling shooter featuring sleek animation, strategic transforming-mech gameplay, and brilliant homing lasers. Now the excitement of the original returns with revamped graphics, a novice mode, 6-player online races, and all-new features in THEXDER NEO.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 94 MB

Vancouver Olympic Winter Games Demo
The world’s best athletes are back to defy the odds with heart-stopping feats of athletic greatness in the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games. Take to the slopes in the men’s super-G or risk everything in the Landing Zone challenge.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 675 MB
Add-on Game Content

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves PlayStation Heroes Pack ($4.99)
Storm through UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves online multiplayer modes as characters from your favorite PlayStation franchises! This pack contains seven character skins from inFAMOUS, Killzone 2, and the Resistance franchise.
File size: 141 KB

LittleBigPlanet GroundHog Day Costume (free)
A seasonal exclusive costume for SackBoy! Available for a limited time.
File size: 1.04 MB

Assassin’s Creed II Sequence 12: Battle of Forli ($3.99)
Battle of Forli expands the Assassin’s Creed II experience by delivering a missing piece of the storyline. Uncover new depths to the historical conspiracy by gaining access to six challenging new memories. Join Machiavelli and Caterina Sforza to defend Forli from the Orsi Brothers and pilot Leonardo’s flying machine across Romagna.
File size: 702 MB

PAIN Hilde Günnagröpe Character ($0.99)
Don’t be fooled by Hilde’s siren song – the littlest valkyrie packs a wallop. Launch her onto unsuspecting targets that don’t realize just because Hilde may be a bit on the short side, it doesn’t mean she doesn’t know how to lay the hammer down! It takes some serious muscles to be able to wield a hammer as big as your own self, and this viking has got plenty leftover to dish out the PAIN. Download Hilde today!
File size: 100 KB

Guitar Hero 5
For all song credits please visit www.guitarhero.com.

* “Travelin’ Band” by Creedence Clearwater Revival ($1.99)
* “Proud Mary” by Creedence Clearwater Revival ($1.99)
* “Bad Moon Rising” by Creedence Clearwater Revival ($1.99)
* Creedence Clearwater Revival Track Pack ($5.49) – Downloadable Track Pack featuring “Bad Moon Rising”, “Travelin’ Band”, and “Proud Mary” by CCR (Creedence Clearwater Revival). Please Note: Many songs are available both as singles and as part of a Track Pack, so please carefully consider your purchases before downloading.

File sizes: 23 MB – 32 MB (singles), 78 MB (track pack)

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

* “Bulls on Parade”— Rage Against the Machine ($1.99)
* “Hair of the Dog”— Nazareth ($1.99)
* “Killed by Death ‘08″— Motörhead ($1.99)
* “Levitate”— I Mother Earth ($1.99)
* “Master of the Universe”— Hawkwind ($1.99)
* “Transmaniacon MC”— Blue Öyster Cult ($1.99)
* “Godzilla”— Blue Öyster Cult ($1.99)

File sizes: 18 MB – 40 MB (singles)
Game Videos (free)

White Knight Chronicles IE Character Customization Video
File size: 78 MB (HD) 133 MB (1080)

White Knight Chronicles IE The Online Experience
File size: 163 MB (HD) 256 MB (1080)

MAG: How To – Acquisition Mode
File size: 75 MB (HD)

MAG: How To – Domination Mode
File size: 71 MB (HD)

MAG: How To – Sabotage Mode
File size: 63 MB (HD)

MAG: How To – Suppression Mode
File size: 53 MB (HD)

Hustle Kings Launch Trailer
File size: 45 MB (HD) 76 MB (1080)

Smash Cars Trailer 2
File size: 20 MB (SD) 54 MB (HD)

Madden NFL Arcade Accolades Trailer
File size: 34 MB (HD)

Madden NFL Arcade Launch Trailer
File size: 39 MB (HD)
PS3 Themes

Devil Girl Hook-Ups Theme ($1.99)
File size: 4.47 MB

Nurse Girl Mika Hook-Ups Theme ($1.99)
File size: 4.36 MB
PlayStation Store for PSP
PSP minis (also playable on PS3 system)

Dracula – Undead Awakening ($4.99)
ESRB Rated T
File size: 13 MB

Pinball Dreams ($6.99)
ESRB Rated E
File size: 4.45 MB

Route 66 ($3.99)
ESRB Rated E
File size: 41 MB

Deflector ($3.99)
ESRB Rated E
File size: 5.66 MB
Add-on Game Content

LittleBigPlanet PSP Gardens Theme Level Pack ($2.99)
PLAY, CREATE, SHARE…Everywhere. Take a trip to the Gardens with new stickers and objects from the Gardens Level Pack!
NOTE: Manual Update required
File size: 2.62 MB

LittleBigPlanet PSP Gardens Costumes (free)
PLAY, CREATE, SHARE…Everywhere. LittleBigPlanet’s critically acclaimed “PLAY, CREATE, SHARE” experience, makes its way to the PSP system with a completely new Sackboy adventure. Get two free costumes from the Gardens!
File size: 4.5 MB

LittleBigPlanet PSP The Sack That Time Forgot Level Pack ($2.99)
PLAY, CREATE, SHARE…Everywhere. Take a trip to the stone age with 4 costumes and 12 stickers in The Sack That Time Forgot Level Pack!
File size: 2.59 MB

LittleBigPlanet PSP Content Update v2.02 (free)
File size: 5.08 MB
Game Videos (free)

Dante’s Inferno Developer Diary – Anger
File size: 51 MB

Dante’s Inferno Developer Diary – Fraud
File size: 49 MB

Dante’s Inferno Developer Diary – Greed
File size: 51 MB

Dante’s Inferno Developer Diary – Heresy
File size: 44 MB

Dante’s Inferno Developer Diary – Limbo
File size: 46 MB

Dante’s Inferno Developer Diary – Violence
File size: 37 MB

Kurulin Fusion Trailer
File size: 15 MB
PSP Themes (also available from PS3 Storefront)

Devil Girl Hook-Ups PSP Theme ($1.99)
File size: 379 KB

Nurse Girl Mika Hook-Ups PSP Theme ($1.99)
File size: 364 KB

Tagged //playstation store, psn

Saaaad Saaaad update for PSP not 1 normal game :( wheres my PES SCEA/Konami

dallow_bg

nods at old men
NIGHT- said:
PS one Classics

Extreme Pinball ($5.99)
ESRB Rated E

ESRB Rated E

:lol :lol :lol

Where the hell is Vagrant Story
FUUUUUUUUUUU

mauaus

Freedom = $1.05 said:
WTF, extreme pinball and hioctane? what, no more spec ops games lying around you sad motherfuckers?
Monkeys love their specops games, saw it on the discovery chanel!!
This monkey... Grace they called her i think really enjoyed them.
Its science!

DiscoJer

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
No psp games. :lol

4 minis. While they might not be full fledged titles, they are still PSP games.

I've been waiting for Dracula forever (think the ESRB rated it in November?).

mauaus

DiscoJer said:
4 minis. While they might not be full fledged titles, they are still PSP games.

I've been waiting for Dracula forever (think the ESRB rated it in November?).
Good for you, some people are waiting for real full fledged titles

Edgeward

There is a favorable review of Dracula Undead Awakening and Pinball Dreams on psnstores.

I'm actually debating on Dracula, although I'm sure if I need another dual stick like game with Super Stardust and Everday shooter on my psp already.

Extreme Pinball, huh? Too bad I just bought Zen Pinball on last week's sale. Though I have a feeling Zen is the better game. (Just a guess, I honestly know nothing of Extreme.)

And they wait until NOW to release a single player Uncharted 2 demo? Interesting strategy, Sony.

Chris R

At least the RB DLC is good this week :| Still wish Hustle Kings had a demo. The game LOOKS great, but I need to experience how it plays to feel confident to drop the cash for it :(

Top Bottom