• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 03/04/10 - VectorTD (US) | Just Cause 2 Demo | Yakuza 4 Demo (JP)

Are these the threads with the wrestlers hidden in the banner? I've never once been able to find them, even using art packages to zoom in and go through the banner pixel-by-pixel :(

I think the problem is that I've no idea what I'm looking for is supposed to look like. I have also considered the possibility that the whole thing is simply a community-maintained joke at the expense of poor saps that have no idea that the whole wrestlers thing is a lie (rather like the impossibly complex ruleset of the game "Mornington Crescent").

But I want to believe! :D

BritBloke916 said:
Are these the threads with the wrestlers hidden in the banner? I've never once been able to find them, even using art packages to zoom in and go through the banner pixel-by-pixel :(

I think the problem is that I've no idea what I'm looking for is supposed to look like. I have also considered the possibility that the whole thing is simply a community-maintained joke at the expense of poor saps that have no idea that the whole wrestlers thing is a lie (rather like the impossibly complex ruleset of the game "Mornington Crescent").

But I want to believe! :D
Try looking for blue poop or a blue teletubby instead.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
More NeoGeo games coming out?

http://www.siliconera.com/postgallery/?p_gal=62833|1

Samurai Shodown and Metal Slug namely.

Majine

Banned
I'm having issues loading content on the EU Store.

It just never loads, and then displays "no content".

:( What is with Sony this week?

Haunted

Replicant said:
One of Heavy Rain Chronicles DLCs. This one is Madison vs another crazy psycho.
wait what?

Where does this fit in the timeline? Why would they release DLC for a self-contained game? What?

edit: I must sound so massively confused. :lol

Uncharted Waters Online demo coming next week in Japan

The company announced today the March 9 availability of a free demo version of the game. PS3 owners will be able to download this from PlayStation Store and get started with the game.

If they like what they see, they'll be able to continue playing using the same client that they downloaded. This essentially means that the PS3 will have a fully downloadable MMORPG.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/03/02/uncharted_waters_demo/

Varion

Mailenstein said:
Really excited about the Yakuza 4 demo. Saw it will get there 03/05?
Yep.

Can't wait, got the game on preorder already (and even better the site I ordered it off extended their half price shipping offer to cover it) but it'll be great to play around with the new characters in advance.

u_neek

Haunted said:
wait what?

Where does this fit in the timeline? Why would they release DLC for a self-contained game? What?
It takes place just before - or oven during - the main story of HR. It's pretty short (an hour or so) but really creepy and has five different endings.

kassatsu

Banned
MotoGP demo this week

We’re pleased to confirm that the MotoGP 09/10 demo will be arriving on XBLA and PSN this Thursday, March 4. The demo will offer players a chance to compete in one of three great game modes – Championship mode, Time Trial and the all new Arcade mode where you win time extensions for executing skilful maneuvers. Put in a bad performance and your dreams of racing to victory will be over.

MotoGP 09/10 will be available at retail across North America starting March 16. Fans will be able to compete in the most up-to-date racing experience earlier than ever before with the 2010 season content available to download free of charge shortly after launch.

BeeDog

So... has anyone been waiting for the 4th of March before redeeming their Heavy Rain SE voucher code? I'd (and probably others) would be grateful if someone dared to redeem their code tomorrow. :p

Xater

kassatsu said:
Evangelion Costumes up on jpsn for Phantasy Star Portable 2

I hope we will also get this stuff. Well first we would have to get the game.....

Anyway, Yakuza 4 demo and Just Cause 2 demo for me. Pretty good week actually.

BeeDog said:
So... has anyone been waiting for the 4th of March before redeeming their Heavy Rain SE voucher code? I'd (and probably others) would be grateful if someone dared to redeem their code tomorrow. :p

Ditto. I'd be too. Grateful. If someone dared.

(whistles)

Pathwork Heroes Demo coming tomorrow to US PSN store.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/patching-you-through-patchwork-heroes-demo-out-this-thursday/
4399372185_550460c770_o.jpg

Withnail

GillaTheGorilla said:
God im thick should have though of that, cheers.

Hehe, actually I don't blame you for not thinking of it as a lot of those types of pages on Wikipedia are not well maintained, but I know that one is pretty good.

RedNumberFive said:
So does the Heavy Rain DLC have any new trophies associated with it? Given the nature of the game, I'm guessing no.

I noticed the HR trophies do the categorisation thing that was introduced in a recent firmware update, where it provides separate trophy lists for the main game and DLC (you can see it by pressing square on the HR trophy list). So possibly a good sign that there will be DLC with trophies at some point.

BeeDog said:

I'm waiting to download, but not straight away. Hopefully someone will give us the heads up. I got a spare code from HMV but I'll give that to someone else maybe.

Oh and Patchwork Heroes demo?:D

Gamecocks625 said:
Patchwork Heroes demo out tomorrow!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/patching-you-through-patchwork-heroes-demo-out-this-thursday/

Edit: It's only because your name begins with a "D" :)

Edit 2: ...and because you included a picture

Rocket Racing Coming to psp mini March 11.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/coming-to-psn-next-week-rocket-racing-psp-mini/

4401740787_f6243de924.jpg

Hi guys, Rocket Racing is the next title to hit PSP minis from Halfbrick, and I’m excited to announce that it will be released next Thursday, March 11.
Rocket Racing has been developed from the ground up, combining high-speed futuristic racing with classic top-down gameplay, which is a perfect fit for minis. Each track has been designed with a unique twist, suspended high in the air above the clouds and cityscapes to give players a light and almost surreal feeling as they drift around the crisp, detailed courses.

Challenge Mode is the main backbone of gameplay, giving players a number of tasks to complete over six different tiers. Completing once challenge with its specific objectives will unlock adjacent challenges along the tier, so players can choose their own path to the final race.
A key part of racing is the ability to grind. Grinding is a new concept which involves positioning your rockets against the outer walls of the tracks. This opposing force will give you a speed boost as well as grind points, and can be chained for entire races to get the maximum speed possible!
Grand Prix mode pits players against opponents in a series of races over four difficulty levels. Completionists can collect gold trophies as they race, and along with the Challenge Mode, take steps to unlocking and winning every event in the game for the elusive 100% Award!

As we all know, multiplayer is a big part of any racing game. We didn’t want Rocket Racing to miss out on the action, so to round up the package is Party Mode! This puts up to four players in the hotseat as they take turns setting and breaking each other’s score on a huge variety of tracks, in what could be described as a game of HORSE with rocket power. Party Mode even lets players customize how to win – be it with the fastest time, highest total or single grind score!
Best of all, there’s no time to wait! Rocket Racing is out on March 11 on the PlayStation Store for $4.99, and is compatible with both PSP and PS3. We at Halfbrick hope you enjoy it!

Withnail

Downloadable Games

* Vandal Hearts Flames of Judgement (£9.99/€12.99) Rating: PEGI 12

Availability: All locales
Demos (free)

* Just Cause 2 Demo Rating: PEGI 18

Availability: Not available in Germany

* Moto 09/10 Demo Rating: PEGI 3

Add-On Game Content

* Resident Evil 5
o Desperate Escape (£3.99/€4.99)
o Costume Pack 2 (£1.59/€1.99)

Rating: PEGI 18

* Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising – Overwatch Pack (£3.19/€3.99) Rating: PEGI 18

* Dante’s Inferno – Dark Forest (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 18

Availability: Not available in Russian Federation

* Race Driver GRID – Prestige Pack (£7.99/€9.99) Rating: PEGI 7

* Dragon Ball: Raging Blast – Ultimate Warriors Pack 1 (free) Rating: PEGI 12

* Karaoke Revolution
o (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman (£0.79/€0.99)
o Against All Odds (£0.79/€0.99)
o Ain’t No Mountain High Enough (£0.79/€0.99)
o Black Velvet (£0.79/€0.99)
o Breakaway (£0.79/€0.99)
o Build Me Up Buttercup (£0.79/€0.99)
o Call Me (£0.79/€0.99)
o Can’t Help Falling In Love (£0.79/€0.99)
o Careless Whisper (£0.79/€0.99)
o Celebration (£0.79/€0.99)
o Complicated (£0.79/€0.99)
o Crazy (£0.79/€0.99)
o Crazy Little Thing Called Love (£0.79/€0.99)
o Easy (£0.79/€0.99)
o Every Breath You Take (£0.79/€0.99)
o Heartbreak Hotel (£0.79/€0.99)
o Holiday (£0.79/€0.99)
o Hot Stuff (£0.79/€0.99)
o How Do I Live (£0.79/€0.99)
o How You Remind Me (£0.79/€0.99)
o If You Don’t Know Me By Now (£0.79/€0.99)
o It’s The End Of The World As We Know It (£0.79/€0.99)
o Lady Marmalade (£0.79/€0.99)
o Let’s Get It On (£0.79/€0.99)
o Material Girl (£0.79/€0.99)
o More Than Words (£0.79/€0.99)
o New York New York (£0.79/€0.99)
o Oops!…I Did It Again (£0.79/€0.99)
o Respect (£0.79/€0.99)
o Saving All My Love For You (£0.79/€0.99)
o Sittin’ On The Dock Of The Bay (£0.79/€0.99)
o Son Of A Preacher Man (£0.79/€0.99)
o Stand By Me (£0.79/€0.99)
o Straight Up (£0.79/€0.99)
o Sweet Home Alabama (£0.79/€0.99)
o Take On Me (£0.79/€0.99)
o These Words (£0.79/€0.99)
o Time After Time (£0.79/€0.99)
o Unfaithful (£0.79/€0.99)
o Uptown Girl (£0.79/€0.99)
o We Are Family (£0.79/€0.99)
o What Is Love? (£0.79/€0.99)
o You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling (£0.79/€0.99)

Rating: PEGI 12

* The Beatles: Rock Band – All You Need Is Love (£0.99/€1.49) Rating: PEGI 12

Availability: Not available in Czech Republic, Greece, Luxembourg, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and UAE

* Rock Band
o Downfall by Trust Company (£0.99/€1.49)
o Panic Switch by Silversun Pickups (£0.99/€1.49)
o Sort Of by Silversun Pickups (£0.99/€1.49)
o Third Floor Story by The Mother Hips (£0.99/€1.49)
o White Falcon Buzz by The Mother Hips (£0.99/€1.49)
o Disturbed Pack 02 (£2.49/€3.99)

(contains the following tracks which are also sold separately)
o Meaning of Life (£0.99/€1.49)
o The Game (£0.99/€1.49)
o Voices (£0.99/€1.49)

Availability: Not available in Czech Republic, Greece, Luxembourg, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and UAE

* Guitar Hero 5
o Blink-182 Track Pack (£4.39/€5.49)

(contains the following tracks which are also sold separately)
o Adam’s Song (£1.59/€1.99)
o All the Small Things (£1.59/€1.99)
o First Date (£1.59/€1.99)

Availability: Not available in Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and United Arab Emirates
Videos (free)

* Fallout: New Vegas Tease
* Split Second Standstill Trailer
* Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West Announcement Trailer
* Bomberman Ultra Trailer

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go
Special Offers (also available via the PS3 store)

(Available until the 18th of March)

* Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (PSP) (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
* Tom Clancy’s EndWar (PSP) (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
* Chessmaster: The Art Of Learning (PSP) (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)

Demo (also available via the PS3 store) (free)

* Patchwork Heroes Demo Rating: PEGI 7

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

* Echoshift
o Pyramid Level Pack (free)
o Cave Level Pack (free)

Rating: PEGI 3

* Buzz!: Quiz World
o Sci-Fi Quiz (£3.19/€3.99)

Availability: Not available in Czech Republic, Greece and Russia

* LittleBigPlanet
o Superstar! Gold Rare Sticker (free)
o The Canyons Theme – Level Kit (£2.39/€2.99)
o The Canyons Theme – Costume (free)

Rating: PEGI 7

Might go for the Just Cause demo, otherwise not much of interest for me.

CAVE343

Several month after the Go launch and I'm still waiting for my Crisis Core on PSN.
Maybe Square will put it on PSN to celebrate the launch of Final fantasy XIII.

Well, probably not, but on can always hope.

Top Bottom