• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 03/12/09

GrayFoxPL said:
Dissagree on every level. What is in Super Stardust HD that makes it a lot more replayable than Astro Tripper?
Plenty more modes (and multiplayer modes), non-predictable gameplay, greater weapon and power-up variety.

In a personal level, I played AT for a day and stopped playing it. I kept playing SSHD all the time since release, well before and after it got trophies and extra modes.

You won't rank up high score in this by shooting everything as fast as possible. Reason for AT cheapness is that it's basicly a straight port of muuuch older pc game and they didn't want to be dicks and overprice it like others often do. They played fair and I face plam on the thought that people will be looking at it like: cheap = must be crap...
And it shows that it's an old game. The sound lacks all kinds of punch (mostly compared to SSHD) and the graphics are way simple.

It terms of value for money there's even no contest between the two.
Indeed. SSHD offers a lot more for just about twice as much ;)

It's matter of preference obviously, but Astro Tripper is the cheapest and best shooter on PSN. And I played them all. (Bought most)

BUY ASTRO TRIPPER PEOPLE!
I'm not saying that people shouldn't buy it, but as for the best downloadable shooter or the best value on PS3... neither the sales nor the reviews agree with you. And I don't see threads about it as big as the SSHD thread here. I could agree it's the most simple though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just so that this doesn't get lost in the previous page...

SolidSnakex said:
Gomibako will be out on the 19th

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/gomibako/

It looks like it has YouTube support also.

Here's the trailer

http://www.jp.playstation.com/movie/4m/pv/4m_gomibako.asx

Please bring this to the US Sony!

SolidSnakex said:

Speevy said:
New PS1 game buy:

-Motor Toon: USA Edition

As the name might imply, this game is all English. It's a wacky car racing game with colorful, cartoon-like graphics. Not too terrible on the eyes for the era, and playable. I believe this is actually the only Motor Toon game Americans saw, from what I'm reading.

But yeah, no language barrier whatsoever.

Updated Japanese Game List:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14742477&postcount=140

Shard said:
The creator of Kart Attack, Blimey, kinda died and got reincarnated, I wouldn't be shocked if Kart Attack was lost in the wake of such a rough transition.

http://www.gamersdailynews.com/story-6327-Blimey-Goes-Under-Slightly-Mad-Studios-Emerges.html

Tntnnbltn said:
Lastest ESRB ratings descriptions:

Worms

Platform: PlayStation 3

Rating: Everyone 10+

Content descriptors: Language, Mild Cartoon Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes

Rating summary: This is 2D turn-based strategy game in which players control worms in a battle to be the last man (worm) standing. Players take turns positioning their worms around fantastical landscapes and use a variety of over-the-top weapons (bazookas, dynamite, exploding sheep, a Concrete Donkey, etc.) to defeat opponents' worms. Explosions and gunfire can be heard frequently, as well as rapid-fire expletives uttered during the heat of battle (e.g., "a*s," "damn" and "hell"). Worms often make irreverent comments that can sometimes be suggestive (e.g., "Stop it. I'm wounded yet aroused" and "Umph, kinda sensual").

Anton668 said:
For those wondering where the NA St Patrick's Day LBP costume is....

It comes out on the 17th...

http://forums.littlebigworkshop.com/lbp/board/message?board.id=pod&thread.id=43734

SumGamer said:
You can create PSN ID(Portable ID) that include trophies info on the EU site.

Visit http://www.eu.playstation.com or http://www.uk.playstation.com. It works with any region ID.

Shard said:
http://www.masshightech.com/stories...gitally-distributed-game-publishing-role.html

Creat Studios is working on two new PSN Games, a cart-like auto racing game and a wakeboarding game. Neither has an official title yet.
They're working on Cuboid, Magic Ball and Mahjong Tales expansions as well.

GrayFoxPL

Philantopist, I dissagree with you again on everything.

If you played it for a day and I'm assuming easy mode since you said you got all thropies in it in 8 hours then you missed most fun of the game and can't really compare it objectivly to SS.

You forgot how much SS costed on release? With basicly zero modes? Even now those apart multiplayer don't add anything substantional imo. AT at least has challenges. Multiplayer wouldn't even work in this really.

You said it's the most simple shooter of the bunch? Yeah, no. Please, no easy mode.

I'm really happy that people are picking it up and admit it's awesome.

The game is just a little hero trying not to be sqashed between big fat thugs.

I don't read reviews, I set myself free of this burden years ago. Great games either sell insane or don't sell at all. This is the example of the second case.

dk_ said:
When is the voucher in your inbox? Right after buying Quore?

Nah, whenever Sony decide to send it - there was a voucher a few episodes back to download Syphon Filter, didn't arrive until a few days after Qore iirc.

icechai

kassatsu said:
This month, new and existing Qore subscribers will also receive a voucher for High Velocity Bowling as our way of saying thanks for your support.

wow nice, calling all cars was useless for me as I had that already but I've always been on the fence about high velocity, now I get to play it :D

Septimus said:
So the top 2 games downloaded last month were Flower and Noby Noby Boy? Faith in PSN users rising!

Flower was a lock to be the best seller as flOw was the best selling PSN game for quite awhile.

Cruzader

Banned
Qore is becoming like something I would subscribe to. You get free PSN games from time to time(Calling all Cars,Syphon Filter,High velocity bowling) plus some exclusive items(demos/themes) so it kinda pays off to get it and it doesnt seem that expensive when you get free games. Im thinking after the 12th episode just to sort of start "fresh" hehe.

Jostifer

Lol @ Christina(?) Lee (Pulse) commenting on 'shooting pace' in Crank.

Also, the trailer for Ragdoll Kung Fu is pretty hilarious. Game looks promising. The characters actually look like proper Team America dolls as well.

Rlan

SolidSnakex said:
Top 10 games from February

de9xja.png

Street Fighter II HD Remix sells more than NHL Arcade for the month. Strange considering the XBLA version was on top of the Major Nelson charts (Braid not counting because of the price drop) for 3 weeks. SFIIHD Remix has been sitting around 5-6 for the whole month.

Apparently Zuma bombed. Who knew?

Zuma might still appear on next month's ranking, it was released on February 19. It would be bad that it bombed, I enjoyed it quite a lot. It's like a more interesting Puzzle Bobble.

I really loved playing Zuma on the PC. So I impulsively bought Zuma on PSN.

At first I was really disappointed as they obviously didn't take advantage of the PS3 at all. Plus, its 10 bucks.

But my friends and I did end up playing lots of it on the PS3 so it became worth it in the end.

Still not sure I'd recommend people buying it though, its a great game, but its pretty old, and I wish they'd just improve the graphics or did something more.

Zoe

If Zuma wasn't a game I could have played for free over 5 years ago, I might have bought it off of PSN...

slaughterking said:
Now I checked my profile through playstation.com and while my profile updated the way it should

b75ewvjrcvuw6nxrq.jpg

my ID is still like this

slaughterbaron.png

Are we sure the ID is supposed to update automatically?
So yeah, the ID hasn't updated with the new trophy information and probably never will. Too bad, I won't bother updating this thing manually. :I

sk3tch

sk3tch said:
Can anyone download the Resistance Retribution demo? I can't get it to work. :(

I've tried clicking via IE -

http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Store/40166

and using Sony Media Manager (it doesn't show up)...

It just showed up...go go go! :D

EDIT: I get a "The game could not be started. (80010013)" error. The file looks good as it previews just fine when you hover over it (shows video of gameplay, etc.). I wonder if it is my custom firmware? I'm running 5.00 M33-6. I will cancel my pre-order if they're going to do some kind of firmware checking...ugh.

EDIT2: Problem solved - hold down right while booting to enter in the M33 advanced menu...disabled all items...booted fine. :)

slaughterking said:
So yeah, the ID hasn't updated with the new trophy information and probably never will. Too bad, I won't bother updating this thing manually. :I

They may poll Sony's servers on a time delay. How long has it been since you got those trophies that don't show up on the card?

slaughterking said:
I unlocked both trophies pretty much 24 hours ago.

i think the pic doesn't upload since you've just copied the image link instead of the full HTML code. could be it?

EDIT: i tried, it seems you have to update it manually by recreating it. hopefully it will change in the future...

Rikyfree

I love Riddick, but after playing the demo, it became pretty clear that its meant to be played using a 360 pad. Sorry Sony, but MS got this one.

Speevy

Banned
Another PS1 buy from the Japanese store

-Fish Eyes 2

For those of you who may not know, this game is Reel Fishing 2 in the US. The menus are Japanese, but there's a fair amount of English menus as well.

This is a highly regarded fishing game, and while you probably won't enjoy it nearly as much in another language, it's still very easy to get in there and start reeling in your catch.

Graphics are nice too.

Baron

I bought Astro Tripper yesterday, played a bit, seems fun. The game feels like it would benefit from using an arcade stick, no? It is essentially a prettier version of Defender. I think I'll bust out my HRAP3:SA and give it a try with it. I felt that the control feel on the Dual Shock pad was a little sloppy with my brief play, but I only played an hour or so. Maybe a stick would tighten things up a bit.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
defender? I wrongly assumed this was just another dual stick shooter.

levious said:
defender? I wrongly assumed this was just another dual stick shooter.

Thankfully it's not. I think an arcade stick would make it more playable though... the turn around button and weapon switch button are in awkward positions and you can't change the controls =/.

I think it's worth the $5 though.

paparazzo

I thought the Riddick demo was fun, and has a much nicer sci-fish feel than than most games I've played this gen. Although I hate using R2 to shoot, it's starting to grow on me and I think I could definitely get the hang of it but it's a damn shame so many devs don't give us a choice. :(

pdk27 said:
Just got my High Velocity Bowling voucher. Be on the look out.

Yeah, just got mine as well.

This isn't store related, and probably old news, but I just realized you can compare trophies with the people on your "Players Met" list.

M3wThr33

Banned
Just got my HVB voucher in the email.

AND I noticed the Qore Twitter account posted a code. I claimed that fucker so fast. (Gone in 20 seconds)

Thank god for PSP Media Manager 3.0. (You can access the PS Store from your PC)

Anyways, that means my original code is unclaimed. First to post an animated gif from... Oliver & Co. gets it.

°°ToMmY°° said:
EDIT: i tried, it seems you have to update it manually by recreating it. hopefully it will change in the future...
What a shame. I hope they'll eventually change it so, that it updates at least once a day by itself. :I

Top Bottom