• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 04/02/09

Wow, Sony has really stepped up their game with Qore. This issue looks really compelling. Was the last issue anywhere near this quality? If this is how things are going, I might have to subscribe. Plus all the free games!

Cruzader

Banned
neight said:
Dammit already have Linger in Shadows. Not gonna give my code away though! You gotta buy a subscription to Qore that's the point don't want to undermine that.
learning.gif
dude, its for a good cause. Cruzader foundation will appreciate it.

neverknowsbest said:
Wow, Sony has really stepped up their game with Qore. This issue looks really compelling. Was the last issue anywhere near this quality? If this is how things are going, I might have to subscribe. Plus all the free games!

Qore Episode 10 was BOP, Riddick, LBP user levels, Alpha Protocol and anual subscribers got a free copy of High Velocity Bowling. The month before that they gave away Syphon Filter PSone.

Jaeyden

Wish there was a way for Qore to give PSN credit or something instead of particular games. I already own the games they've been giving away. Still a good product none the less.

neight said:
Dammit already have Linger in Shadows. Not gonna give my code away though! You gotta buy a subscription to Qore that's the point don't want to undermine that.
learning.gif

Don't be like that man, share like every good samaritan, I'll take good care of the "game" :lol

EDIT:

They put a free movie rental, the movie sucks but I'm downloading anyways :lol

biocat

Games that are out already and have confirmed trophy patches coming:

► Bionic Commando: Rearmed
► Disgaea 3
► SingStar
► Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
► Tomb Raider Underworld

Disgaea 3's patch is already out. The Japanese one is, at least. Not sure about the NA release patch.

Charles

biocat said:
Disgaea 3's patch is already out. The Japanese one is, at least. Not sure about the NA release patch.

So is it confirmed that you have to restart the game to get the trophies?

Goldrusher

eu.gif
UP!
/!\ Some content not available in every Store.

DEMOS

► Dynasty Warriors: Strike Force (PSP)

ADD-ONS

► Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
○ Isles of Conflict (free)

► Guitar Hero World Tour

○ Pixies Pack (€5.49 | €1.99)
♪ "Debaser"
♪ "Monkey Gone To Heaven"
♪ "The Sad Punk"

► Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
○ Storm Pack 9 (free)
○ Storm Pack 10 (free)

► PAIN
○ Ao No Kutsu (€0.99)
○ Brock Lee (€0.99)

► Rock Band

○ various songs (à €1.49)
♪ “Don’t Stop Believing’” - Journey
♪ “Heartbreaker” - Pat Benatar
♪ “Geraldine” - Glasvegas
♪ “C’Mon C’Mon” - Von Bondies

○ SpongeBob SquarePants Pack 01 (€2.29 | €0.79)
♪ “I Can’t Keep My Eyes Off of You”
♪ “The Best Day Ever”
♪ “Where’s Gary?”

► Sonic Unleashed
○ Chun-nan Adventure Pack (€3.99)

► Street Fighter IV
○ Classic Pack (€3.99)

► Unreal Tournament III
○ Titan Pack (free)

VIDEOS

► Everybody's Golf World Tour
○ Extra Excitement Trailer

► RUSE
○ Announcement Trailer: The Bluff

► Split Second
○ Announcement Trailer

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► PAIN - themes
► Ragdoll Kung Fu - theme & wallpaper

Tntnnbltn

Goldrusher said:
working on the list
So am I :(

Additions to Goldrusher's above list:

GAMES

► PSP
○ Buzz!: Brain of Oz (Australia only; AU$49.95)
○ Buzz!: Brain of the UK (UK only; £19.99)

Not seeing the LBP Patapon costume in the actual UK or Australian PSN stores, either.

I don't need to spend money on those Patapon skins... I rarely play LBP anyway, spending money on skins would be silly. No, I won't do it.

Nope, not a chance. I don't even want them!
<.<
>.>

test_account

XP-39C²
Is there any reasons for why the Unreal Tournament Titan Pack is added to the european PS Store this week as well? I downloaded it last week, but now when i check the PS Store, i dont see that red icon (which indicates that i have bought and/or downloaded it before) isnt there anymore.

Couldn't find it in any other thread but Behind the bullet is available for download today sometime or possibly now. (actually just saw it posted in the KZ2 thread after I submitted this)

Behind The Bullet

Undeterred by the explosion behind him, Captain Narville takes careful aim and squeezes the trigger. A single armor-piercing round exits the barrel, the spindle sabot opening and falling to pieces in its wake - just as a nearby Helghast soldier slams the butt of his rifle into the jaw of an ISA soldier, almost placing himself in the path of the bullet. The armor-piercing round speeds on, narrowly avoiding other soldiers locked in similar battles, as it heads straight for its intended target...

For those of you who hadn't seen it yet - the Bullet Journey commercial is a US TV ad for Killzone 2, which follows the path of a single bullet as it travels across the Helghan battlefield in slow motion. Resulting from a unique collaboration between Guerrilla and Deutsch, and directed by Emmy Award-winning visual effects veteran Loni Peristere, Bullet Journey was rendered on the PlayStation 3 platform using the Killzone 2 engine itself.

The decision to use the actual game engine for the visuals was made early on. "We knew upfront that Guerrilla Games had created one of the most sophisticated and powerful game engines ever," says Tom Dunlap, senior vice president at Deutsch. "We wanted to show the power of this technology by rooting all of our executions within it." During the production of the commercial, the assembled creative team also began brainstorming about another way to convey the power of the game engine: by making the whole experience interactive.

And so, Behind The Bullet was born. Transforming the 30-second commercial into a three minute interactive demonstration, Behind The Bullet is a free PlayStation Network download which allows players to manipulate the camera as it follows the bullet through the battlefield. Highlighted events and objects are accompanied by audio commentary from the director and the visual artists, while various visual filters (lighting, coloration, textures etc.) can be toggled on or off to demonstrate how they affect the scene.

Behind The Bullet can be downloaded from the US PlayStation Store today. A version for European audiences will follow shortly.

369811928458e445661a6615216f89bb925e6ec.gif

Tiduz

Eurogaime
So sony, clarify this for me. i bought a year qore subscription, there are 2 free core eps, so does this mean i get 14 months of qore or am i paying for those free eps too.

Tntnnbltn

Tiduz said:
So sony, clarify this for me. i bought a year qore subscription, there are 2 free core eps, so does this mean i get 14 months of qore or am i paying for those free eps too.
You're paying for all of the extras and goodys that subscribers get this month.

Baha

Tiduz said:

They've clarified this already, the free episodes didn't include the dlc (free game/demo/theme). The only thing I want from them is that they offer renewal subscriptions at a discount.

Awesome update for EU Sony /Sarcasm

I really don't know why they still update once a week, kind of builds the hype every week for the inevitable drought...Sony should just follow MS and just put stuff on the store when its ready.

jts

...hate me...
kassatsu said:
Games that are out already and have confirmed trophy patches coming:

&#9658; Bionic Commando: Rearmed :lol
&#9658; Disgaea 3
&#9658; SingStar
&#9658; Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix :lol
&#9658; Tomb Raider Underworld
You can put a lol face in front of TRU already, it has become a fucking joke. Fuck Eidos.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Tntnnbltn said:
You're paying for all of the extras and goodys that subscribers get this month.

Baha said:
They've clarified this already, the free episodes didn't include the dlc (free game/demo/theme). The only thing I want from them is that they offer renewal subscriptions at a discount.

aha, ok makes sense i guess.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
user friendly said:
Couldn't find it in any other thread but Behind the bullet is available for download today sometime or possibly now. (actually just saw it posted in the KZ2 thread after I submitted this)

Behind The Bullet

369811928458e445661a6615216f89bb925e6ec.gif
Awesome! Makin a thread about it now...

Gbeav

Banned
Store seems much faster today than I've ever seen it. Perhaps they added some bandwidth instead of a pricedrop!

~2 MB/sec constant through 750 MB in the qore download.

Goldrusher

north.gif
UP!

DEMOS

&#9658; Killzone 2 - Behind The Bullet (190MB)

GAMES

&#9658; Comet Crash ($9.99)

&#9658; 7 Wonders of the Ancient World (PSP) ($9.99)

ADD-ONS

&#9658; Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
&#9675; Isles of Conflict (free)

&#9658; Guitar Hero World Tour

&#9675; Pixies Pack ($5.49 | $1.99)
&#9834; "Debaser"
&#9834; "Monkey Gone To Heaven"
&#9834; "The Sad Punk"

&#9658; LittleBigPlanet
&#9675; Patapon costume ($1.99)

&#9658; PAIN
&#9675; Brock Lee ($0.99)

&#9658; Rock Band

&#9675; diverse nummers (à $1.99)
&#9834; “Don’t Stop Believing’” - Journey
&#9834; “Heartbreaker” - Pat Benatar
&#9834; “Geraldine” - Glasvegas
&#9834; “C’Mon C’Mon” - Von Bondies

&#9675; SpongeBob SquarePants Pack 01 ($2.99 | $0.99)
&#9834; “I Can’t Keep My Eyes Off of You”
&#9834; “The Best Day Ever”
&#9834; “Where’s Gary?”

VIDEOS

&#9658; Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
&#9675; Launch Trailer

&#9658; Killzone 2
&#9675; TV Spot

&#9658; Modern Warfare 2
&#9675; Teaser

&#9658; Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
&#9675; Teaser Trailer

&#9658; Wanted: Weapons of Fate
&#9675; Isles of Conflict (free)

QORE

&#9658; Episode 11 - April 2009 (free)
&#9675; stories
- inFamous music
- Red Faction
- PlayStation Network
&#9675; goodies
- game Linger in Shadows (subscribers only)
- demo Red Faction (subscribers only)
- theme Fat Princess

MOVIE TRAILERS

&#9658; Beverly Hills Chihuahua - featurette
&#9658; Obsessed - trailer

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

&#9658; MLB 09 The Show - themes (PSP too)
&#9658; PAIN - theme
&#9658; Ragdoll Kung Fu - theme & wallpaper

Gbeav

Banned
Returners said:
:S POST WHAT IS UP THERE!

comet crash
7 wonders of the ancient world psp
kz2 demo thingy
LBP patapon add on
more pain, rock band and guitar hero shit
modern warfare trailer
R&C trailer, C&C launch trailer
wanter trailer
obsessed trailer - movie

(crap)

Gbeav said:
Store seems much faster today than I've ever seen it. Perhaps they added some bandwidth instead of a pricedrop!

~2 MB/sec constant through 750 MB in the qore download.

so its not just me then cause the entire time ive had my ps3 ive never gotten above 1MB/s but today im getting over 3MB/s :eek:

Top Bottom