• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 04/02/09

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Dante said:
OK Fat Princess looks like a SERIOUS GOTY contender. The springboard stuff looked amazing. Hopefully that dragon concept made it into the final game.
But the wait is KILLING me. I'm kinda getting bored of the game I've been playing these days (the norm with me, I get bored of games and ditch them after a month or so). I need something new and Fat Princess sounds soooooooooo amaazing. Too bad we have to wait till June or July :(

Wollan

Comet Crash is pretty good.

It's a tower defense game where waves go both ways.

The art is very alike to Total Annihilation / Supreme commander on PC. Clean polygonal units with primary colors. The (back)ground is a still image but since the units and all are 3D it flows really nice and smoothly around screen. Like in Pixeljunk Monsters you are a presence on the map. In this game it's a engineering space ship, you can get shot down if you're not careful.

Soundside is good with some relaxed techno and crisp (but moderate) laser pew-pew effects and such.

Building your own waves is pretty cool. Different type of units like scouts, tanks and 'hammers' that stun the enemies wave. I've yet to gain the more exotic units like aircrafts and stealthers. You can haul in random meteors with your space ship gravity beams for more resources (your towers will shoot them down). You can build special structures that only let your troops out and so forth.

While Savage Moon is seemingly a bit more meaty I find this one more elegantly executed and the offensive aspect makes it more interesting.

Dante

ilanna said:
But the wait is KILLING me. I'm kinda getting bored of the game I've been playing these days (the norm with me, I get bored of games and ditch them after a month or so). I need something new and Fat Princess sounds soooooooooo amaazing. Too bad we have to wait till June or July :(

For some reason when I see FP I think of the most underrated online game in recent memory....Warhawk! Don't know why I get that vibe from it, but it makes me smile.

Speevy

Banned
Anyone ever get a trophy-sync error?

Nothing affecting games, but rather an error syncing.

In other words, it stops at a certain percentage and says "An error has occurred. 80022A07."

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Speevy said:
Anyone ever get a trophy-sync error?

Nothing affecting games, but rather an error syncing.

In other words, it stops at a certain percentage and says "An error has occurred. 80022A07."
No, I do have it hang when I've not registered them in a bit or compared trophies. I check the status on them all the time to see what I need to do so I never really hang during the sync process.

Speevy

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
No, I do have it hang when I've not registered them in a bit or compared trophies. I check the status on them all the time to see what I need to do so I never really hang during the sync process.

Yeah, it stopped doing that. I let it hang for a second, then it filled the rest of the bar.

Top Bottom