• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 04/02/09

Dante

OK Fat Princess looks like a SERIOUS GOTY contender. The springboard stuff looked amazing. Hopefully that dragon concept made it into the final game.

buffi

Banned
Speevy said:
Okay, it did the same thing to my Euro version of Astro Tripper.

US users, if you have downloaded any European content from an external account (shared), click on it. You may have an unpleasant surprise.

Worked fine for me.
I can play my games purchased from my EU account from my US account without issues.

Perhaps someone could add the Euro content tp the OP?

Packs

Pain
Brock Lee Pack, £0.79/€0.99
Ao No Kutso Pack , £0.79/€0.99

Sonic Unleased - Chun-Nan Adventure Pack, £3.19/€3.99
Street Fighter IV - Classic Pack, £3.19/€3.99
Unreal Tournament 3 - Titan Pack, FREE
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 - Isles of Conflict, FREE

Fifa 09 Ultimate Team Trial
English, FREE
French, FREE
Italian, FREE
German, FREE
Spanish, FREE

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
Storm Game Pack 9, FREE
Storm Game Pack 10, FREE

Guitar Hero World Tour
The Pixies Track Pack, £4.39/€5.49
Debaser By The Pixies, £1.59/€1.99
Monkey Gone To Heaven, £1.59/€1.99
The Sad Punk’ By The Pixies, £1.59/€1.99

Rock Band
C’mon C’mon, £0.99/€1.49
Don’t Stop Believing, £0.99/€1.49
Geraldine, £0.99/€1.49
Heartbreaker, £0.99/€1.49
I Can’t Keep My Eyes Off Of You, £0.59/€0.79
Spongebob Squarepants Pack 01, £1.69/€2.29
The Best Day Ever, £0.59/€0.79
Where’s Gary?, £0.59/€0.79

Videos

EveryBody’s Golf Extra Excitement Trailer, FREE
Split Second Announcement Trailer, FREE
R.U.S.E. Announcement Trailer: The Bluff, FREE
Vasco Rossi - Rewind Skycam, FREE

Wallpapers
Rag Doll Kung Fu Hero Wallpaper, FREE

Themes

PAIN
Brock Lee Theme, FREE
El Chille Grande Theme, FREE

Rag Doll Kung Fu Theme, FREE

Motorstorm Pacific Rift
Island Theme, FREE
Festival Theme, FREE

PSP content available to download via PS3 Store

Demo

Dynasty Warriors®: Strikeforce Demo, FREE

PSP Store/Media Manager Store

Demo

Dynasty Warriors®: Strikeforce Demo, FREE

PS3 In-Game

Packs

Pain: Brock Lee Pack, £0.79/€0.99

Fifa 09 Ultimate Team
Bronze Pack, £0.20/€0.25
Silver Pack, £0.45/€0.49
Gold Pack, £0.79/€0.99
Unlock Key, £7.99/€9.99

Edit: Stolen from threespeech.com

SolidSnakex said:
The demo gives you one mission. You have to go and find the giant walker that's seen in the trailer and some screens. From there you pretty much just go out and start blowing stuff up until you reach the location and then you make your way back doing the the same thing. Once you get the walker back you use a grenade launcher to hold off the enemies until you make it to your destination and the demo ends.

That probably makes it sound boring but I actually enjoyed it. I don't really know if i'd enjoy just blowing stuff up for several hours through a game, so hopefully there's more variety than "go find this and blow stuff up along the way". Still, the destruction is really something that you have to play with to appreciate. It's unlike anything i've ever seen in a game. Volition said they were a generation ahead of other games when it comes to destruction and they weren't bullshitting.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUST HAVE! :D

Speevy said:
Okay, it did the same thing to my Euro version of Astro Tripper.

US users, if you have downloaded any European content from an external account (shared), click on it. You may have an unpleasant surprise.

buffi said:
Worked fine for me.
I can play my games purchased from my EU account from my US account without issues.

What's going on? Are any of you playing on SDTV?

I have an EU PS3 and I have several games from Japanese (shared) and US (own) accounts. Games from both accounts as well as my own work perfectly. What's the issue then?

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Philanthropist said:

I have an EU PS3 and I have several games from Japanese (shared) and US (own) accounts. Games from both accounts as well as my own work perfectly. What's the issue then?

I also have an EU PS3 and all my US, HK & JP games are still working.

I am constantly amazed at how well MK2 does on PSN. It's 2 years old and is almost always in the top 5 every week. Has it ever even been out of the top 10? How is MK3 or even the original not up there.

Gbeav said:
Too much infamous info too fast, now I am getting excited about it.

Watching them do the soundtrack by breaking car windows, destroying cars, and tapping trash cans did kinda make me more interested in the game.

Incidentally, I guess Shane got his wish. Fat Princess supports voice chat.

Speevy

Banned
Philanthropist said:

No. It just deactivated the account, that's what happened.

Speevy

Banned
Okay, Comet Crash seems like a competent strategy game, but there are a number of commands you have to memorize and they can get mixed up easily.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Speevy said:
It's not my account. I can use it when the owner lets me.

Maybe he's banned? Didn't they recently talk about banning people from PSN who cheat at Killzone 2?
No, I'm not accusing him of cheating :)

Speevy

Banned
Okay, I figured it out.

Whatever they did, it affected one of my HK accounts too.

So I logged into that one, deactivated it (it was set to activated, then activated again)

Problem solved.

Does making too many accounts release your activations?

Where oh where can I find Penny Arcade Adventures episode 1 on the EU store? I've been looking for it, but I can't find it.

Speevy said:
Okay, I figured it out.

So I logged into that one, deactivated it (it was set to activated, then activated again)

Problem solved.

Weird issue. At least they didn't change anything on the server side to add any kind of restriction.

Jtrizzy

Anyone else getting super slow download speeds? I used to get like 1 mb/s now it's closer to 1 mb every 30 seconds.

Jtrizzy

Also, I though you could play a game while stuff downloaded. When I play madden single player, the thing says pending when I look at it via in game xmb.

neight

Banned
Haha so Linger in Shadows is a download from within Qore instead of codes given out by email. That's smart. Now all of you beggars gotta subscribe to Qore! High Velocity Bowling is still available for download from within Qore to sweeten the deal.

Jtrizzy

I'm having all kinds issues today. I can't play PSN online high stakes poker, I fucked with the router and put the ps3 in the dmz and everything.

Jtrizzy said:
I'm having all kinds issues today. I can't play PSN online high stakes poker, I fucked with the router and put the ps3 in the dmz and everything.
Are any other games working? The HSP severs might be down.

MoxManiac

I think PSN just might be fucked. I couldn't connect to the GHWT servers, and in SF4 i couldn't connect to ANYONE in ranked (yes my router is set up properly)

Jtrizzy

Blu_LED said:
Are any other games working? The HSP severs might be down.

yeah High velocity bowling worked. My friend was playing the poker game. It says connection timed out with back end servers after I d/l my player stats. I can download stuff from the store and do chat, although I'm getting terrible speeds with the store.

tempus67

Neo Member
Speevy said:
No one's talking about Comet Crash? That's weird.

Just played through the tutorial and the first four levels coop with my girlfriend. So far it seems pretty good - clever design, sort of a riff on the warcraft III tower defense mods where you launch waves of mobs against the enemy base/s while building defenses for your own base. There seems to be a lot of content too. The controls are a bit complex for a td game and the graphics are busy, making it a bit hard to see what's happening sometimes, but first blush - if you like td, especially ones with coop, it's worth the $10.

lupinko

Speevy said:
Okay, I figured it out.

Problem solved.

Possibly, we need someone in the know to answer this.

Speevy

Banned
As it turns out, a friend who used the same Hong Kong account also had his activation released. I would wager that anyone who has my Hong Kong account (not the one with Dark Mist) is no longer able to play games which were downloaded from it. For this, I apologize, but Sony did it.

Whoa this version of Qore is a lot better than the other free one, matter of fact last month looked like it was a good one too, if they keep this up it might be worth a year membership.....Fat Princes looks fun as hell, possibly PSN GOTY.

Also will the Infamous soundtrack be released on PSN also? They only said itunes there but they've released plenty of game soundtracks on PSN before....

StateofMind said:
Ugh, I don't even play LBP anymore but I need that Patapon costume.

Yeah . . . I have looked at the costume releases each week and thought, "well, that's nice, but . . .". However, this week I didn't even hesitate. Now I need to boot up LBP to see my Patapon in action.

kassatsu

Banned
japan.gif
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week.

ADD-ONS

► Civilization Revolution
○ The Victory Pack (¥150)
○ Survival Pack (¥150)
○ Brave New Worlds Pack
○ Surreal Pack

►Shin Sengoku Musou Multi-Raid
○ Additional Content Version 6

VIDEOS

► Killzone 2
○ Online Demo

► PS Store
○ Spring Special Title Lineup

► Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
○ Japanese Version Promotional Video

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► Yuusha 30 (PSP)
○ Demon King 30 Wallpapers x 3

hongkong.gif
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week.

DEMOS

► Resistance: Retribution ( English Ver. )
○ 171 MB

ADD-ONS

► Dynasty Warriors Multi-Raid
○ Additional Content Version 6

VIDEOS

► inFamous
○ Superpowers Promotional Video

► Trash Box
○ Promotional Video Chinese Subtitles

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► Rag Doll Kung Fu
○ Theme

RuGalz

Speevy said:
As it turns out, a friend who used the same Hong Kong account also had his activation released. I would wager that anyone who has my Hong Kong account (not the one with Dark Mist) is no longer able to play games which were downloaded from it. For this, I apologize, but Sony did it.

How many PSN accounts have you ever had on your PS3? (even deleted ones) There's a hard limit of how many PSN account can be linked to a PS3 in its life time, whether you delete the accounts locally or not. (Ya retarded I know.) I wonder if you are getting close to it and is hitting some bugs on Sony's server side.

Speevy

Banned
RuGalz said:
How many PSN accounts have you ever had on your PS3? (even deleted ones) There's a hard limit of how many PSN account can be linked to a PS3 in its life time, whether you delete the accounts locally or not. (Ya retarded I know.) I wonder if you are getting close to it and is hitting some bugs on Sony's server side.

There's no telling, a ton is the best answer I can give you.

Jtrizzy

if anyone else has been having slow d/l speeds, I reset my router and modem and it's back to normal. Weird, because my laptop was doing just fine. I still can't get on HS Poker though, fucking sucks.

Okay I was about to annually subscribe to Qore but that actual item has dissapeared from the store ....no Red Faction demo for me then =(

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Speevy said:
Okay, I figured it out.

Problem solved.

same thing happened to my main account. Couldn't play games that I had bought myself. Deactivated my console then reactivated it. Worked fine after that. Don't know what happened. Maybe a quirk from the firmware update? I don't have that many accounts so I doubt that's the issue.

Jtrizzy said:
Also, I though you could play a game while stuff downloaded. When I play madden single player, the thing says pending when I look at it via in game xmb.

if the game you're playing has active online functions (not necessarily playing online) then your background downloads get paused.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Seems like the new FW introduced new DRM perks or requires you to reactivate things. Works on a shared account once I did the deactivation/activate bit.

Speevy

Banned
Two new Japan buys:

-Magical Drop F

TONS of Japanese text in the story, easy to navigate menus, choose battle mode if you don't want to wade through the text. Great game.

-Dig-a-Dig Pukka - I might be the first person ever to play this game, based on the response, and I hope I'm the last. Where do I start? Awful music, awful graphics, clumsy an ill-conceived navigation through menus (why can't I just move?), this is like an mining-based traditional adventure game without the comprehension of what's going on, drowning in Japanese text. Let this game stay buried.

Baha

Quick question, do the Buzz & Killzone 2 LBP mini-packs come with levels? Images from the psblog seem to indicate that they do.

Top Bottom