• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store - 06/05/12 - E3 week

Eusis

I hope I don't have to redownload the games I got as time trials, I had Infamous 2 sitting for forever and it'd be lame to redownload 15 GB because of a shortsighted technical limitation.

yurinka

So 12 games for the US and 10 for EU. Nice work SCEE.
As they say in their FAQ, in Europe they will swap the available games to pickup faster than in US, so they have less at the same time in order to have the same number at the end of the year (45 I think).

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So if we start DLing then cancel we would still technically own the game for when it gets removed correct ?
Yeah. You don't even have to actually download anything you just have to add it to your cart and go through checkout.

Steroyd

I love that I had Just Cause 2, sold it, I miss it dearly, and then Sony does this. *hugs his save files*

Er... if it's the same thing that happened to me when I sold Infamous (disc) for the DD version, I've got some bad news to tell you son...

And I was 1 trophy away from a platinum, which still burns me to this day. T_T

Roto13

So all of the games on the list are up via search? Because I see Just Cause 2 is free.

Gah. I figured we'd get three today and the rest later.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Infamous 2: 15GB
Saints Row 2: 7.2GB
Ratchet & Clank All 4 One: 14GB
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine: 6.1GB
Virtua Fighter 5 FS: 2GB
Sideway New York: 1.7GB
Choplifter HD: 1.5GB
Hard Corps: Uprising 1.3GB
Zombie Apocalypse: 1.2GB

Sye d'Burns

That's good, because a lot of the PS3 retail games have different IDs between digital and blu-ray so save games don't carry across. I'm glad at least one works. :)

Yeah, I know. I was just sharing the good news.

It's always a crapshoot with these things, though, when it really shouldn't be.

Derrick01

Banned
Jesus. O_O

Can someone post all the game sizes.

Infamous 2- 14gb
Ratchet- 14gb
Saints Row 2- 7.7gb
Warhammer- 6gb
Just Cause 2- 7.4gb
Virtua Fighter- 2gb
Sideway New York- 1.7gb
Lara Croft- 2.3gb
Choplifter HD- 1.5gb
Hard Corps Uprising- 1.3gb
Zombie Apocalypse- 1.2gb

I don't know what little big planet is, couldn't find it.

boingball

Well, VF5 Showdown as a PS+ "freebie" is nice (I was not at the Sony Press Conference, so I have to pay for my PS+, i.e. they are not free). The rest of the "freebies" are laughable. Games a year old (or more). I have all of those already (infamous 2, lbp 2, just cause 2, all4one, sr2, sideway, lara) or have no interest in spending time (another valuable resource) on them.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Infamous 2- 14gb
Ratchet- 14gb
Saints Row 2- 7.7gb
Warhammer- 6gb
Just Cause 2- 7.4gb
Virtua Fighter- 2gb
Sideway New York- 1.7gb
Lara Croft- 2.3gb
Choplifter HD- 1.5gb
Zombie Apocalypse- 1.2gb

LBP 2 is 4.7 GB.

Infamous 2- 14gb
Ratchet- 14gb
Saints Row 2- 7.7gb
Warhammer- 6gb
Just Cause 2- 7.4gb
Virtua Fighter- 2gb
Sideway New York- 1.7gb
Lara Croft- 2.3gb
Choplifter HD- 1.5gb
Zombie Apocalypse- 1.2gb

It's close to 5, it just went up.

angelfly

I need to clean house more often. I still had the UC3, Resistance 3, and Journey betas installed along with a bunch of demos I own the full versions of like Bayonetta.

I need to clean house more often. I still had the UC3, Resistance 3, and Journey betas installed along with a bunch of demos I own the full versions of like Bayonetta.

You guys don't forget to delete install data for games you sold or don't play anymore, frees up a TON of space.

Benedict

Will I be able to play my full games, for example Infamous 2 that I got on my US PS+ subscription with my EU PSN account and vice versa?

The 60 min trial games are locked to the specific PS+ account and I am wondering if it's the same with these game.

boingball

Is All 4 One even worth that gigantic download? :I

Well, it is an easy Plat, doable in about 8hours. So play through it and delete it again... (and who knows, perhaps you enjoy the online co-op). It is probably the worst entry in the Ratchet series though, but not as bad as I feared.

Andvary

Will I be able to play my full games, for example Infamous 2 that I got on my US PS+ subscription with my EU PSN account and vice versa?

The 60 min trial games are locked to the specific PS+ account and I am wondering if it's the same with these game.

Yes, you can play the games with any account.

DMeisterJ

Banned
DL'ed Infamous 2, LBP 2, JC2, and VF5 all for 29GB of my 80GB HDD.

I put the rest on my download list.

Infamous 2 downloaded a gig in about eight minutes for me. The installation will probably take forever though.

Infamous 2- 14gb
Ratchet- 14gb
Saints Row 2- 7.7gb
Warhammer- 6gb
Just Cause 2- 7.4gb
Virtua Fighter- 2gb
Sideway New York- 1.7gb
Lara Croft- 2.3gb
Choplifter HD- 1.5gb
Zombie Apocalypse- 1.2gb

Awesome, many thanks.

Looks like I'll have no probs downloading most of them, won't bother with R&C and I2 though.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Blog post is up.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/05/playstation-store-update-242/

7317149726_446113b4c5_z.jpg

jvm

Gamasutra.
Stuff appears to be up, no blog post yet.

Looks like no Pinball Arcade DLC. :( :( :(

Edit: Spoke too soon. Curse you, Fuzzy! I just checked!

Edit 2: Have we now seen the last PSP update ever? I wonder. :(

Foxix Von

whoa I didn't realize it was already all up in the store. Oh god it's going to be a long day of downloading hahaha. So glad I bought a 500gig drive a while back. Downloading everything but saints row, I already have infamous but I'd much rather be able to play the whole dang thing off the drive. Holy crap this is awesome.

Agent X

Gold Member
PlayStation Plus update is simply incredible! I'm downloading Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown now.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Queued and downloading.. let's see how American internet handles this.

Top Bottom