• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 06/19/08

Pimpwerx

Good luck to tanod.

Good thread again, by Goldrusher.

Does't look like such a bad update.

If SilentStalker is right, then buy Gurumin, you jerks. PEACE.

mollipen

If Gurumin really does hit, that'll be another game where I'll regret having bought a physical copy. Dammit Sony, hurry up and release Patapon digitally so that I don't have to break down and buy it on UMD!

Linkzg said:
I am still wondering why the Lair demo isn't on any other store and only Hong Kong. That is so weird.

The funny thing about the LAIR demo is that it doesn't support Remote Play. Which is pretty much one of the only reasons I wanted to try it. So they actually took that out of the demo. It only requires 8 MB of RAM to utilize remote play, so I'm not sure what's going on here.

shidoshi said:
If Gurumin really does hit, that'll be another game where I'll regret having bought a physical copy. Dammit Sony, hurry up and release Patapon digitally so that I don't have to break down and buy it on UMD!

So true. I'm still feeling the burn from Locoroco and Twisted Metal: Head-On. Those were some of the few UMD games I actually bought.

Pimpwerx said:
Good luck to tanod.

Good thread again, by Goldrusher.

Does't look like such a bad update.

If SilentStalker is right, then buy Gurumin, you jerks. PEACE.

Thanks WerxPimper,
The Gurumin thing is tentative. Like anything else, it's possible that it doesn't make it in the update. For example, I commented on here last week saying we'd be getting the MGS Database - it was my understanding that was coming out last week. I think because it is a new form of content though (database != demo or video), the PS3 needed Firmware v2.36 for some compatibility issues. So again, there's always a chance Gurumin will be delayed.

Looks pretty cool though: www.gurumin.us

traveler

Not Wario
First time looking through one of these threads. (just got a PS3 for MGS4) Didn't know about tanod before- best of luck to you, man. Hope everything works out somehow.

On topic, is there any way to buy stuff off PSN without a credit/debit card? I went googling and found some PSN cards but I can't seem to find any retailers that sell them. Can anyone help me out here?

Jim

traveler said:
First time looking through one of these threads. (just got a PS3 for MGS4) Didn't know about tanod before- best of luck to you, man. Hope everything works out somehow.

On topic, is there any way to buy stuff off PSN without a credit/debit card? I went googling and found some PSN cards but I can't seem to find any retailers that sell them. Can anyone help me out here?

Any type of pre-paid gift card works. American Express, Visa, whatever.

angelfly

traveler said:

You can use a visa gift card which you can get at most malls.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
shidoshi said:
They seem to be confining their digital rereleases of UMD games to stuff that's at least a year old right now, so I wouldn't expect Patapon anytime soon, even though it's probably perfect for a digital release.

Personally, I've opted not to buy stuff like Patapon on UMD anymore - ideally it should be a simultaneous release to retail and online. I'll wait.

FFObsessed said:
Shit! I stupidly just logged onto the UK store all happy and excited to download the MGS4 database... then I realised once again Europe gets fucked! Awesome!
You know, NeoGAF can't do shit about this, so go call SCEE. I'm sick of hearing this EVERY time I read these threads. You Euros get boned every time, blah blah blah.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'll be downloading the MGS4 database when it's up. Thanks, Konami, for sparing me from playing the other games when I don't have the time to. :D

angelfly

Tr4nce said:
Again, nice thread. So, what's up with the Civilisation demo? Has anyone played it yet? Is it any good?

The demo was a lot of fun for me. My first in the series and after I went out and bought Civilization IV (haven't played it yet though).

Firewire

Banned
Eccocid said:
Yeah but is it so difficult to give an exact release date for Wipeout HD?

Seriously! The game was supposed to be done like a month or two ago, what the hell are they waiting for!

Crisis

Banned
I was just wondering. Tanod's done a lot and has been an exemplary member of the community here. It's quite sad that this has happened to such a nice guy. Should we maybe take up donations for him, since he's unsure if he'll even have a job?

Oneself

Holy shit. Gurumin!

I got the japanese version on play-asia a while ago for like, 9$ .... even though I don't understand much, it's been pretty enjoyable and I was waiting for a price drop on the physical version....

WasabiKing said:
You know, NeoGAF can't do shit about this, so go call SCEE. I'm sick of hearing this EVERY time I read these threads. You Euros get boned every time, blah blah blah.

You act as if American gaffers wouldn't bitch half as much if the boot was on the other foot, which is obviousley a total fallacy.

Benedict

Bootaaay said:
You act as if American gaffers wouldn't bitch half as much if the boot was on the other foot, which is obviousley a total fallacy.

yes.

Americans are no longer allowed to bitch about Dark Mist.

Anyone have any info regarding a warhawk bundle pack hitting the NA store?

I'll def be picking up the mgs4 database, and downloading the FI demo. I played the demo on 360 and wasn't too impressed, and i'm interested in seeing what's changed.

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
The OP just got referenced by Eurogamer.

Sony has updated the European PS3 Store but there is no Metal Gear Solid 4 Database in sight.

So, those of you after an encyclopedic knowledge of the game will have to grab it from the US Store instead.

While there you may also like to grab a free PAIN title update, and the revamped PS3 version of Fatal Inertia (USD 29.99), which is accompanied by a free trial version.

Europeans, on the other hand, have been treated to demos of Civilization Revolution, which is rather good, plus one for Dark Sector, not so much.

According to NeoGAF (and a member who spent an awful lot of time over their post) there's also a swathe of extra bits to stick onto your games.

There's that Coldplay bundle for Guitar Hero III (GBP 3.99), and Oceania Resort course for Everybody's Golf: World Tour (GBP 2.99) and the pair of Warhawk expansions in one handy pack (GBP 4.99). Plus a little free add-on for High Stakes Poker.

StalkingSilence said:
Demos: (Free)
- Fatal Inertia EX Demo
- NCAA Football 09 Demo
- Hail to the Chimp: Presidential Party Game Demo
- Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 Demo

Two weeks late and $10 short.

At least they finally put one out but that's pretty weak, IMO. I wonder who was responsible (Sony or Capcom?).

traveler said:

PSN Cards are currently in a beta phase you can say. Military bases got them first, then retailer Meijer (located in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, and Ohio) got them second. Since I live near Meijer, I have purchased a PSN Card. Let's just say there were some issues with them, but I believe issues are getting solved. That reminds me, I gotta pick up another to fully purchase Fatal Inertia EX.

Let's just say, I want SCEA to get any issues solved before sending them to Wal-Mart, Circuit City, and other retailers.
Dr. Zoidberg said:
Two weeks late and $10 short.

At least they finally put one out but that's pretty weak, IMO. I wonder who was responsible (Sony or Capcom?).
I think Capcom knew they didn't have to make a demo on PSN, so they released it a week early. I already purchased the game with my PSN Card.

itxaka

Defeatist
WasabiKing said:

American: So where is Dark Mist?? Dark Mist? Dark Mist? Dark mist?

so yes, fucking european gamers getting always raped, why wouldn´t they stfu and have to express their opinion.

Anyway, good global update for me, Pain update, poker update, dark sector demo, warhawk pack and MGS4 database. Damn yes.

tanod

when is my burrito
Crisis said:
I was just wondering. Tanod's done a lot and has been an exemplary member of the community here. It's quite sad that this has happened to such a nice guy. Should we maybe take up donations for him, since he's unsure if he'll even have a job?

That's not necessary. However, I would encourage people to donate to Flood Relief in Iowa via the Red Cross. They've been doing a lot of good things here for people far worse off than me and my family.

1-800-HELP NOW

If you want to designate it specifically for the Iowa flooding in Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids, and Iowa City, you have to call the phone number or mail your donation. Unfortunately, you can't designate it online.

Flooding update: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11638254&postcount=65

------

Nice thread and banner goldrusher. Really creative on the banner this week. :)

Crisis

Banned
tanod said:
That's not necessary. However, I would encourage people to donate to Flood Relief in Iowa via the Red Cross. They've been doing a lot of good things here for people far worse off than me and my family.

1-800-HELP NOW

If you want to designate it specifically for the Iowa flooding in Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids, and Iowa City, you have to call the phone number or mail your donation. Unfortunately, you can't designate it online.

Flooding update: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11638254&postcount=65

------

Nice thread and banner goldrusher. Really creative on the banner this week. :)

Will do.

Flunkie

Banned
Returners said:
Fatal Inertia for me, and the database of course.
Same here. I loved the Fatal Inertia demo - it came totally out of left field.

Edit: Also, the PAIN update. I love the legs that they're giving it. :)

Speevy said:
That price on Fatal Inertia is ridiculous.
Seriously. It was decently entertaining but ought to be $15 tops. I'm not spending $30 on a game I plan to stop playing as soon as Wipeout HD arrives.

Maybe this week I'll break down and get Dark Mist from the HK store.

AndyD

aka andydumi
shidoshi said:

I want Patapon on the PS3. The sounds through my surround setup would get the blood boiling.

What is Gurumin? It looks like a Zeldaesque RPG/Adventure game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
30 bucks for Fatal Inertia... hm...

Russtic

Banned
► Gran Turismo Academy
○ Launch Film
► Vib Ribbon
► Wip3out

Europe Only?

1. Can I create a Europe account and download these?
2. And if so will they work on my NTSC tv?

careksims

I'm so sorry for your loss, Tanod. Hope things will get better and good luck!

For this update I'm only looking forward to the MGS Database thingy.

kuYuri

My condolences tanod. Good work on the thread this week Goldrusher.

xS1TH L0RDx said:
Anyone have any info regarding a warhawk bundle pack hitting the NA store?

I'll def be picking up the mgs4 database, and downloading the FI demo. I played the demo on 360 and wasn't too impressed, and i'm interested in seeing what's changed.

You mean like Warhawk game plus both expansions?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
If I download the Fatal Inertia EX demo, will there be a "buy the full version" option in the menus so I don't have to download it?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Fatal Inertia is an appropriate title for the game that no one is going to stop to buy :lol

Top Bottom