• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 06/26/08

Speevy

Banned
Marty Chinn said:
No I don't work for Sony. Also is it pure d/l or the content has to be paid for on the account? I think when I restored I was able to download from six accounts. Cuz, I have my main account, my european, my jp, an hk, a share among friends, and a rockstar. All had to be resigned into when I got my new system.

I wish I could tell you how it works when you get a new system.

I do know this.

When you log back into the store, your download history remembers what you've paid for, so you can download it again.

It may very well reset your "slots" or whatever, but I'm not sure. This is definitely a topic worth exploring with some people who have had to replace systems.

What I read is that if you back up your content (even shared stuff), you can restore, but if you create a new account you have to regain the rights to it by downloading it again. (conversely deleting an account makes its downloaded content unplayable)

Have you see anyone else hit this limit? This is the first I've heard of it and I'm talking to my friends about it and its the first they've heard of it. Trying to figure out what works and doesn't work now.

Speevy

Banned
Marty Chinn said:
Have you see anyone else hit this limit? This is the first I've heard of it and I'm talking to my friends about it and its the first they've heard of it. Trying to figure out what works and doesn't work now.

It's definitely an anomaly among PSN users I've encountered, since most people aren't that avid in their download habits.

I know I can't be the only one in my situation, nor can you be the only one in yours. We'll figure it out.

Pimpwerx

Can you deactivate a machine in order to free up a game-share slot? I was thinking of asking my two share friends to do that out of fear that I might run through more than 5 PS3s in the long-term. I already want to trade my 60GB for a newer model, and I have too much invested in the PSN store to risk having to rebuy any of it. I really wish Sony would beef up the account management side of PSN more. The slow, web interface is lacking in system data. PEACE.

Goldrusher said:
When using a back-up from system A on system B, that's normal.

Ya, but according to Speevy, since none of the accounts originated on the replaced system, I've now used up the number of slots I'm allowed to have for accounts that can download that were not created on the system. That completely blows.

Pimpwerx said:
Can you deactivate a machine in order to free up a game-share slot? I was thinking of asking my two share friends to do that out of fear that I might run through more than 5 PS3s in the long-term. I already want to trade my 60GB for a newer model, and I have too much invested in the PSN store to risk having to rebuy any of it. I really wish Sony would beef up the account management side of PSN more. The slow, web interface is lacking in system data. PEACE.

Ya you can deactivate your system, but your friends will have to do it themselves on their side. It'll work because I deactivated all my accounts on my old system before getting it replaced by Sony.

Goldrusher

Marty Chinn said:
Ya, but according to Speevy, since none of the accounts originated on the replaced system, I've now used up the number of slots I'm allowed to have for accounts that can download that were not created on the system. That completely blows.
I see.

What's the limit on that ? I have six.

Speevy

Banned
Marty Chinn said:
Ya you can deactivate your system, but your friends will have to do it themselves on their side. It'll work because I deactivated all my accounts on my old system before getting it replaced by Sony.

wait, your friends have to deactivate while logged into your account so you can free up the slot formerly occupied by theirs?

Speevy said:
wait, your friends have to deactivate while logged into your account so you can free up the slot formerly occupied by theirs?

Yes. You can only deactivate a system directly from the system. So before I sent it in, I logged into every account I had on my system, deactivated the PS3, and then deactivated the PSP. Some accounts have used their full five slot allocation so I know it works as I'm able to reactivate my new system.

Tntnnbltn

Speevy said:
Yes.

Otherwise, the following scenario could happen:
- You share your account with 4 friends. They activate system, download games
- They disconnect from internet
- You deactivate all systems (but they're not connected to the internet so their consoles don't know and their games still work)
- You share your account with another 4 friends, etc etc and everyone gets free games

Speevy

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:
Yes.

Otherwise, the following scenario could happen:
- You share your account with 4 friends. They activate system, download games
- They disconnect from internet
- You deactivate all systems (but they're not connected to the internet so their consoles don't know and their games still work)
- You share your account with another 4 friends, etc etc and everyone gets free games

well what I did was log into my friend's acct to deactivate it, thinking that would clear the space on my system.

rc213

Speevy said:
well what I did was log into my friend's acct to deactivate it, thinking that would clear the space on my system.

You need to log into your account from the activated PS3 and de-activate it. You can check if it worked as none of the games they have downloaded from you account will no longer work.

Speevy

Banned
rc213 said:
You need to log into your account from the activated PS3 and de-activate it. You can check if it worked as none of the games they have downloaded from you account will no longer work.

that's not a check because deactivating the acct from anywhere makes the games useless, but will do

Tntnnbltn

Speevy said:
that's not a check because deactivating the acct from anywhere makes the games useless, but will do
No. Deactivating the account on another system will only make the games useless on that system.

Speevy

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:
No. Deactivating the account on another system will only make the games useless on that system.

Now we're just getting confused, so let's use a simple example.

I download x game from joe's acct.
I later decide I want that slot back so I can use Bob's acct.

How do I free up that slot? do I deactivate my system while logged into joe's acct, or does he deactivate his system while logged into mine, or both?

Tntnnbltn

Speevy said:

How do I free up that slot? do I deactivate my system while logged into joe's acct, or doed he deactivate his system while logged into mine, or both?
If you deactivate Joe's account on your system:
- Joe can still use the game (his account is still activated on his system)
- You cannot use the game (his account is not activated on your system)
- Joe can share his account with one more person (he gets 1 of his 5 download slots back)

I don't know why you'd need to deactivate Joe's account to use Bob's account. Before what you posted earlier, I'd never heard of this limitation.

I also don't know why you asked if he would be deactivating his system while logged into your account. For PSN sharing, he doesn't need your account at all. You just need his.

Goldrusher

Speevy said:

How do I free up that slot? do I deactivate my system while logged into joe's acct, or does he deactivate his system while logged into mine, or both?

I have never heard of slots on your own system, regarding the use of other online accounts.

Most people can simply deactivate Joe's account - so he has his slot back, which is nice - as well as the offline user they created for it.
Then create a new user (=offline account) and log in to Bob's account.

For some unknown reason - possibly too many accounts used - you can't ?
Or you can log in, but can't download ? Did you activate your system ?

Speevy

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:
I don't know why you'd need to deactivate Joe's account to use Bob's account. Before what you posted earlier, I'd never heard of this limitation.

I also don't know why you asked if he would be deactivating his system while logged into your account. For PSN sharing, he doesn't need your account at all. You just need his.

I know this already. It does not work. That's why I was confused by your response.

I found someone from whom I had successfully activated and downloaded a game, I logged into their account, and deactivated my system.

What I thought is that this would allow me to download from another account.

It did not.

There is a limit to the number of external (i.e. not mine) accounts that one system can use to download content, and I reached it.

This is making my head hurt, and I don't know why no one ever believes me when I tell them I've reached my sharing limit.

Goldrusher

003_north.gif

GAME DEMOS

► Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds

► Top Spin 3

GAME CONTENT (DLC, add-ons, updates)

► Guitar Hero III
♪ "I am Murloc” - Level 70 Elite Tauren Chieftain (free)
(World of Warcraft song)

► PAIN
○ Nigel character ($0.99)
○ Platinum Club

► Rock Band
○ The Pixies - Doolittle ($18.99 for the album or $1.99 per song)
♪ “Crackity Jones”
♪ “Dead”
♪ “Debaser”
♪ “Gouge Away”
♪ “Here Comes Your Man”
♪ “Hey”
♪ “I Bleed”
♪ “La la Love You”
♪ “Monkey Gone To Heaven”
♪ “Mr Grieves”
♪ “No 13 Baby”
♪ “Silver”
♪ “Tame”
♪ “There Goes My Gun”

○ Weezer Pack 01 ($5.49 or $1.99 per song)
♪ “Dreamin'"
♪ “The Greatest Man That Ever Lived"
♪ “Troublemaker"

► SingStar (via SingStore)
♪ Lots of new songs, see SingStar thread.

GAME VIDEOS

► Battlefield Bad Company
○ Accolades TV Spot
○ Preston's Blog

► Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
○ Ubidays Trailer

► Call of Duty: World at War
○ Reveal Trailer

► Haze
○ Launch Trailer
○ "Haze" - Korn (music video)

► The Incredible Hulk
○ Trailer

MOVIE TRAILERS

► Men in Black (Blu-ray)

► So I Married an Axe Murderer (Blu-ray)

► The House Bunny

Should be everything...

Mrbob

Sweet I will grab the Top Spin 3 demo.

Oh and So I Married an Axe Murderer is coming to Blu Ray? Awesome. I will buy it. :D

RuGalz

Speevy said:
There is a limit to the number of external (i.e. not mine) accounts that one system can use to download content, and I reached it.

This is making my head hurt, and I don't know why no one ever believes me when I tell them I've reached my sharing limit.

This limit is so strange that I almost want to think it's some kind of error on Sony's side. >.>

On the other hand, there's a limit on how many PSN account you can ever create from a PS3 that they don't talk about. So don't go wild creating random accounts. <.<

lupinko

About the whole account sharing thing, if you just delete the account does that also deactivate the share or do you still need to deactivate it in the menu? o_O

PSblog

Add-on Game Content

PAIN Nigel Character ($0.99)
Meet the newest downloadable character Nigel, a British punk so full of rage that the only thing he doesn’t hate is PAIN, and he hates the fact that he doesn’t hate it. He’s brassed off and ready to bang his head into whatever and whoever gets in his way (watch out for those spikes!). Well, it sounds like he’s asking for for it, so give him a launch…and make it a PAINful one.
File size: 6.74 MB

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock “I am Murloc” World of Warcraft Single (free)
“I Am Murloc” by Level 70 Elite Tauren Chieftain. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com
File size: 13.2 MB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

* “Crackity Jones” - the Pixies ($1.99)
* “Dead” - the Pixies ($1.99)
* “Debaser” - the Pixies ($1.99)
* “Gouge Away” - the Pixies ($1.99)
* “Here Comes Your Man” - the Pixies ($1.99)
* “Hey” - the Pixies ($1.99)
* “I Bleed” - the Pixies ($1.99)
* “La La Love You” - the Pixies ($1.99)
* “Monkey Gone to Heaven” - the Pixies ($1.99)
* “Mr. Grieves” - the Pixies ($1.99)
* “No. 13 Baby” - the Pixies ($1.99)
* “Silver” - the Pixies ($1.99)
* “Tame” - the Pixies ($1.99)
* “There Goes my Gun” - the Pixies ($1.99)
* Doolittle album ($18.99) - This album includes “Crackity Jones,” “Dead,” “Debaser,” “Gouge Away,” “Here Comes Your Man,” “Hey,” “I Bleed,” “La La Love You,” “Monkey Gone to Heaven,” “Mr. Grieves,” “No 13 Baby,” “Silver,” “Tame,” and “There Goes My Gun” by the Pixies.
* “Dreamin’” - Weezer ($1.99)
* “The Greatest Man That Ever Lived” - Weezer ($1.99)
* “Troublemaker” - Weezer ($1.99)
* Weezer Pack 1 ($5.49) - includes “Dreamin’,” “The Greatest Man That Ever Lived,” and “Troublemaker” by Weezer.

File sizes: 10.4 MB - 42.4 MB (singles), 99.2 - 278 MB (track packs)

Game Demos (free)

Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds Demo
Slip on the golf shoes, step out on the course and tee it up on the PlayStation 3 with Hot Shots Golf Out Of Bounds.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 505 MB

Top Spin 3 OFFICIAL DEMO
Grab your raquet and prepare to be totally immersed in every game, set and match in the most realistic and exciting tennis experience ever!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 441 MB

Game Videos (free)

Battlefield: Bad Company Accolades TV Spot
Watch the uncut TV spot now!
File size: 45 MB (HD)

Battlefield: Bad Company Preston’s Blog
Preston Marlowe has just been given a transfer to B-Company and he wants to tell his family all about it.
File size: 97 MB (HD)

Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway - Ubidays Trailer
How much more can one man take? Check out the new trailer shown at Ubidays to find out.
File size: 23 MB (SD), 85 MB (HD), 113 MB (1080)

Call of Duty: World at War
The next Call of Duty revealed! Call of Duty: World at War re-defines the WWII experience, pitting players against enemies in the Pacific and European theaters who know no surrender and will unleash surprising new tactics in a fight to the death.
File size: 64 MB (HD)

The Incredible Hulk Trailer
Watch the Incredible Hulk take on foes in New York City.
File size: 54 MB (HD)

HAZE Launch Trailer
Set in the year 2048, Mantel Global Industries offers an array of cutting-edge military equipment, including a high-tech arsenal of vehicles, deadly weaponry, and the performance-enhancing drug Nectar. Fight a vicious rebel faction, the Promise Hand. Uncover the truth, switch sides, and break away from Mantel’s manipulative grip when you join your former enemies, the Promise Hand.
File size: 300 MB (HD)

HAZE Song Trailer
Download the recent video clip of Korn performing their latest track HAZE, inspired by Ubisoft’s upcoming video game of the same name.
File size: 89 MB (SD), 131 MB (HD), 172 MB (1080)

Movie and Blu-ray Trailers (free)

The House Bunny trailer
In Columbia Pictures’ comedy The House Bunny, Anna Faris charms as Shelley Darlington, a Playboy Bunny who teaches an awkward sorority about the opposite sex – only to learn that what boys really like is what’s on the inside.
File size: 29.1 MB (SD), 110 MB (HD), 147 MB (1080)

So I Married An Axe Murderer Blu-ray Disc trailer
Offbeat, hatchet-driven romance about a wedlock-shy coffee house poet (Mike Myers) whose perfect woman (Nancy Travis) just might be a serial killer.
File size: 110 MB (HD), 158 MB (1080)

Men In Black Blu-ray Disc trailer
A sci-fi adventure comedy about two top secret agents (Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith) with the everyday mission of policing alien activities on planet Earth.
File size: 43 MB (HD), 60 MB (1080)

PS3 Themes (free)

PAIN: Nigel Theme
Customize your PS3 system with a cool PAIN: Nigel theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons. Download today!
File size: 2.24 MB

PLAYSTATION Network Theme
Customize your PS3 system with a cool PLAYSTATION Network theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons. Download today!
File size: 1.95 MB

PLAYSTATION Store for PC

Here is this week’s content release for the PLAYSTATION Store for PC. To download these games to your PSP, navigate to http://store.playstation.com. There, you’ll find descriptions of the content and directions on how to get started. For more on the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, please click here.
Downloadable Games

* Medievil Resurrection ($16.99) (also downloadable via PS3)
Game Videos (free)

* Medievil Resurrection interview trailer
PSP Wallpaper (free)

* Medievil Resurrection wallpaper (x3)

Hope you enjoy!

What does the network theme look like? Does it sort of match the network icon that can't be changed?

Flunkie

Banned
lupinko said:
About the whole account sharing thing, if you just delete the account does that also deactivate the share or do you still need to deactivate it in the menu? o_O
I think you can just delete the account.

rc213

lupinko said:

Any games downloaded with that account will not work anymore but the person that shared with you wont get their Share Slot back.

Agent X

I'd consider this week's update to be so-so. We've seen many better updates, but we've also seen worse.

The demos are OK. I'll probably try the Hot Shots demo, at least. Medievil Resurrection for PSP is cool, but it's not something we couldn't get previously for PSP. They still need to get more new downloadable games for PS3, and also more cheap PS1 classics that can be played on PS3 and PSP.

StuBurns

Banned
momolicious said:
Is there anyway to get Gran Turismo HD concept as its no longer downloadable on PSN?
If you ever downloaded it in the past you can download it again from your 'downloads' button, otherwise you can ask to use someone's account who did download it, and you can download it again from their account.

stuburns said:
If you ever downloaded it in the past you can download it again from your 'downloads' button, otherwise you can ask to use someone's account who did download it, and you can download it again from their account.

where can i find someone who will allow me to do this? You mean the person gives you their account username and pw and you login and dl the games into your own HD? is there any risks for any problems? thanks

Tntnnbltn

momolicious said:
where can i find someone who will allow me to do this? You mean the person gives you their account username and pw and you login and dl the games into your own HD? is there any risks for any problems? thanks
Basically, yes.

Normally there are risks if you are the person sharing, because the other person has access to your account. You have to be sure to remove credit card details, etc and only do it with people you trust.

But for something like GTHD Concept, people probably downloaded it with a regular Japanese account (no purchase required, so no credit card details, etc) so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding someone willing to share with you.

They will give you their password and username, you log into their account. From the PSN Store, access the list of previously downloaded titles and find GTHD Concept. You have to keep their account on your system for it to work, but you don't have to log into the internet. (Eg, they can change the password to that account afterwards and it wouldn't affect you).

Top Bottom