• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 07/23/09 – Shatter

BeeDog

nofi said:
Ugh, I used 'according' twice.

Interesting though, I wonder if any other old PSN games will get the magic touch?

It was a joke mate, relax ;) (
comment was a far-fetched reference to the announcement
, sorry). What other PSN games still need trophies? I can think of:

Everyday Shooter
GripShift
Dark Mist
Calling All Cars!

And, uh... what else?

nofi

BeeDog said:

Everyday Shooter
GripShift
Dark Mist
Calling All Cars!

And, uh... what else?

Go Puzzle, Super Rub - a - Dub... :D

Edit: should have more on Shatter later, once it's edited up.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
BeeDog said:

Everyday Shooter
GripShift
Dark Mist
Calling All Cars!

And, uh... what else?

Elefunk

Huh, so Sony contracted a company that didn't develop the game (Lemmings) to add trophies and content to it? I hope they can do more of this.

Drame

Seems like this week will be a blast!

Crystal Defenders, Wipeout HD Fury pack and Shatter.

Too many great games, not enough money.

Renasu

Neo Member
Any jap ps1 games this week?

I would very much like Square Enix continuing their streak of putting up FF games...

And possibly even Valkyrie Profile down the line?

edgefusion

Lemmings is getting trophies? Man, I bought this game at PS3s launch when there was a major drought of PSN titles and deleted it a few weeks after. I never thought it'd get trophies that's just....weird.

xinoart

Banned
edgefusion said:
Lemmings is getting trophies? Man, I bought this game at PS3s launch when there was a major drought of PSN titles and deleted it a few weeks after. I never thought it'd get trophies that's just....weird.

Err Lemmings came out on PS3's launch? Whut?

BeeDog said:

Everyday Shooter
GripShift
Dark Mist
Calling All Cars!

And, uh... what else?

Nucleus
Power Up Forever
1942: Joint Strike
Tekken : DR
Piyotama
High Stakes on the Vegas Strip : Poker
Buzz! Junior: Jungle Party
Siren Blood Curse
Flow
Snakeball

kassatsu

Banned
Renasu said:
Any jap ps1 games this week?

I would very much like Square Enix continuing their streak of putting up FF games...

And possibly even Valkyrie Profile down the line?
There should be an update to Game Archives today. But I am unsure if it will be PSOne or PC Engine.

Can someone explain Trash Panic to me? I played the demo and it was fun, but I just smashed garbage around for three minutes. What's the ultimate goal? How do I beat a level? Is it possible to win the demo before time runs out?

Oni Jazar

rainking187 said:
Can someone explain Trash Panic to me? I played the demo and it was fun, but I just smashed garbage around for three minutes. What's the ultimate goal? How do I beat a level? Is it possible to win the demo before time runs out?

The object is to put all the trash in the bin without having any unbroken pieces fall out more then 2 times. Each level has a limited amount of trash that needs to go all in. You have to drop the pieces such that they are compacted enough (or burned) to fit in everything.

kassatsu

Banned
That GameStop exclusive access to the multiplayer demo will run from September 9th to September 29th, giving folks who pre-order at that location a two week head start on the demo. It will open to the public on September 30th and wrap-up on Uncharted 2's release day.

Rolf NB

kassatsu said:
That GameStop exclusive access to the multiplayer demo will run from September 9th to September 29th, giving folks who pre-order at that location a two week head start on the demo. It will open to the public on September 30th and wrap-up on Uncharted 2's release day.
Calling it now: Europe will get the demo well within GameStop's US exclusivity window. Keep your fake accounts ready.

kassatsu

Banned
bcn-ron said:
Calling it now: Europe will get the demo well within GameStop's US exclusivity window. Keep your fake accounts ready.
I hope it is HK screwing up again like they did for inFamous :lol

kassatsu

Banned
hk.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week.

ADD-ONS

► Record of the Agarest War Zero ( Japanese Ver. )
○ Items (x3)
○ Points (x2 | HK$ 35.00-38.00)
○ Forbidden Books (x1 | HK$ 19.00)

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
LiquidMetal14 said:
Great read. Any hints at what game/s or platform of which said projects would be on?

The original IP I alluded to is in various stages of preproduction and mainly targeted at PS3, 360, PC, and iPhone.

We also have in full production 1 x iPhone title, 2 x Wii titles (including Hot Wheels Battle Force 5 for Activision), 1 x PSP title (port project for us), and 1 x Wii/PS3/360 title.

Just read about the cohort collab on bringing trophies to Lemmings. Awesome.

I hope this comes to more old games aswell, would love to see a trophy patch on Tekken online. Me and a bud are playing often in preparation for the awesome sauce Tekken 6.

Shatter review

8.5 Presentation
Shatter sits right alongside the greats in the genre like Breakout and Arkanoid.
8.5 Graphics
Flashy effects and a slick, robotic design.
9.5 Sound
Catchy, energetic electronica. Many sound effects have a retro, lo-fi aesthetic that pays homage to arcade classics.
9.0 Gameplay
The new gameplay mechanics Shatter brings to the table revolutionize the brick-breaking genre.
7.5 Lasting Appeal
Ten worlds to play through and they're fun from beginning to end. Beyond the story mode, though, there isn't a whole lot to do.
Outstanding OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/100/1005893p1.html

kassatsu said:

i enjoyed uc2's multiplayer a lot more than i thought i would. i almost wonder if it's worth the 5 bucks to get access to the demo until i get uc2 @ best buy.

womfalcs3

Banned
I bought Myst for the PSP. I hope it's as good as I remember it growing up. I didn't get into then, but I enjoyed the atmosphere.

Top Bottom