• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 08/07/08

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
For people who downloaded Qore did they give any details on DC Online's character development? I'm hoping it's sort of deep like WoW and not just a shallow action game that happens to be online.

kassatsu

Banned
Were they demoing the Lego Batman game on a 360? I saw a white controller, I don't think they sell white DS3 in the US do they?

Pimpwerx

So, since this weak's update is week, it's time to grab a title from the back catalog. The options are:

Novastrike
Nucleus
Toy Home

I am gonna get Novastrike as soon as the trophy patch comes out. But I really. didn't plan on playing it much until then. I don't mind postponing this purchase until later.

I can't lie, Nucleus was a bad demo. I keep thinking that the full game has to be better. Meh.

Toy Home was a bad demo thanks to the controls and somewhat nonsensical layout to the bedroom. I never see any of my friends playing it, but it seems to get better user reviews than Nucleus.

Can't talk me out of this bad purchase, but you can at least guide me to the better option. I'm leaning towards Nucleus, but I don't know. PEACE.

WTF about the Force Unleashed spoiler video... Entire fucking story is ruined for me now...

DO NOT WATCH unless you want to know what is going to happen.

DongHungLong said:
WTF about the Force Unleashed spoiler video... Entire fucking story is ruined for me now...

I haven't watched it, but they've actually spoiled quite a bit of it in interviews about the game.

angelfly

Pimpwerx said:
So, since this weak's update is week, it's time to grab a title from the back catalog. The options are:

Novastrike
Nucleus
Toy Home

I am gonna get Novastrike as soon as the trophy patch comes out. But I really. didn't plan on playing it much until then. I don't mind postponing this purchase until later.

I can't lie, Nucleus was a bad demo. I keep thinking that the full game has to be better. Meh.

Toy Home was a bad demo thanks to the controls and somewhat nonsensical layout to the bedroom. I never see any of my friends playing it, but it seems to get better user reviews than Nucleus.

Can't talk me out of this bad purchase, but you can at least guide me to the better option. I'm leaning towards Nucleus, but I don't know. PEACE.

Out of that list I've only played Novastrike. I like it but I don't think it's worth it until that patch is released. It's just way too hard on normal difficulty (easy is no breeze either). Toy Home looks the most interesting to me out of the other two.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
DongHungLong said:

Yeah they shouldn't have done that. There's actually been some merchandise based on the game that also spoils the story.

Dante

Man, my fav thing this week was The Last Guy HD making of video with subtitles. I hope they keep doing this with these guys, they are brilliant.

Farnack

Banned
Dante said:
Man, my fav thing this week was The Last Guy HD making of video with subtitles. I hope they keep doing this with these guys, they are brilliant.
What!??

~download download download~

And using the Home Theme. Hope Sony notices me.

bryehn said:
If there was a Tiger Woods demo, it'd be on LIVE by now...highly doubt that'll be there

According to EA Sports' Tiger Woods 2009 homepage, the XBox 360 and PS3 demos *should* now be available. I think they updated the page prior to leaving the office Thursday, in anticipation of having the demo hit the XBox Live Marketplace and PLaystation Store Friday morning.

I'm not expecting to find much has changed witht he 2009 version. By all indications, it will be the same dead momentumless swing interface, with the same perspective destroying, ball-cam only presentation... even for Tour Pro mode players who have no control use for it. I'm prepared to be proven wrong though. I was expecting even less out of the NASCAR 2009 demo, and it turned me into a satisfied buyer!

MadFuzzy

New stuff on the Japanese store today:

Add-ons:

Valkyria Chronicles - "Hard EX Mode" (300 yen)
Valkyria Chronicles - "Extra Episode" (600 yen)

Videos:

Valkyria Chronicles

jvm

Gamasutra.
Hope Rlan doesn't mind...I submitted a review of Qore Episode 03 at GamerBytes, Rlan's site. Basically: disappointing episode, but the 3-screen demo of Baja was neat, as was the background on DC Online. Everything else was pretty average (or worse).

And, yes, that appeared to be an Xbox 360 controller during the LEGO Batman demo. :lol

Cruzader

Banned
Is the HOME theme you guys talking about in the PSN store or on Qore #3 only? Im asking cuz one is on the PSN store.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Ok, I bought the annual Qore subscription today and downloaded Ep3 but I can't find the download links for Ep1 & 2. I've looked in the downloadlist but they are not there.
Please don't tell me that I'm out of luck and I can't download the older episodes.

Zoe

kamorra said:
Ok, I bought the annual Qore subscription today and downloaded Ep3 but I can't find the download links for Ep1 & 2. I've looked in the downloadlist but they are not there.
Please don't tell me that I'm out of luck and I can't download the older episodes.

You know, subscriptions are typically effective from the time you purchase the subscription. They're not going to be retroactive.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Zoe said:
You know, subscriptions are typically effective from the time you purchase the subscription. They're not going to be retroactive.

Yeah, but didn't they advertised this as something like a season? A season with 13 episodes?

I see that EA Sports has now removed the "Tiger Woods 2009 demo available" announcement from their homepage for both the PS3 and XBox 360.... at least they don't discriminate with their FUBAR's :lol

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Dante said:
That was hilarious. The best BTS vid I've seen yet. :lol :lol :lol

calder

chubigans said:
That was hilarious. The best BTS vid I've seen yet. :lol :lol :lol
Absolutely! Just hilarious, great idea to do something so different.
The programer just killed me :lol

Lain

I have been without an internet connection for more than a month and was always wondering if I was missing out on the Dark Mist patch, but that wasn't the case obviously.
Has SCEE said anything about a release date for it in Europe?
I really don't want to have to wait till next year...

rass

Pimpwerx said:

Novastrike
Nucleus
Toy Home

of those ive only got toy home, me and a mate had heaps of fun with multiplayer on the demo, but i found the full game disappointing... not many levels and still just the 2 cars -- fun, but i felt like it was just a bigger demo

h3ro

calder said:
Absolutely! Just hilarious, great idea to do something so different.
The programer just killed me :lol

That whole video was HILARIOUS. :lol

Funny thing is, they didn't mess around with the translation, the guys really were saying that stuff! (I speak Hindi and what they were speaking is a dialect of Hindi)

The dude staring at the Indian food was what got me... :lol :lol :lol

I'm going to buy this game not only because the game looks like fun, but if enough people buy it, they might make more vids... :D

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
That The Last Guy video was amazing. At first I was kind of thinking "is this racist?" But it was too funny for me to care. :lol

Dun dun dun

10eey6r.jpg

sykoex said:
Buy BC:R, get SF beta invite?

It's possible, although this is supposed to be kind of a makeup since PS3 owners didn't get the beta. So it could be something completely different. I'd love it to be a SF4 demo, but I know that won't happen. :/

John has posted a few more interesting bits

2hz70n8.jpg

I've been saying that they should do that. It'd be prety amazing if it did end up having YouTube support. He also said that they'll be looking into YouTube support in their upcoming games.

And he said to go here to vote for what games by Capcom you'd like to see on PSN/XBLA

http://www.gamespot.com/video/extras/capcom.html

Although MvsC2 is just running away with it.

well the odds of them having is slim. because microsoft would end up bitching that the psn version is better because of that one feature.

but i want feature!

DMPrince said:
well the odds of them having is slim. because microsoft would end up bitching that the psn version is better because of that one feature.

but i want feature!

True, but the PSP version of BC:R has remote support so that kind of makes it better doesn't it? There's nothing MS really could do to combat it though.

Anyway, it looks like BC:R will have retroactive trophies. The game has medals that'll act as placeholder trophies until the real deal is patched in.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
what's a good criteria for me to have, to get asked into the HOME beta?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Anybody here listen to howard stern? J.D. mentioned a couple times that he's really into playing his PS3. :lol

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
mattiewheels said:
what's a good criteria for me to have, to get asked into the HOME beta?
If I had to guess, probably that you're logged into PSN often and play a good amount of Warhawk, which will have lots of Home integration. If they're gonna enter you in the beta, they want to know you will get use out of the features they need to test.

I'm hoping that one of the things they want to test is having a LOT of users on at once and will just accept anyone who applies. :lol

KZObsessed

DMPrince said:
shit. john is having a fun time replying to mostly every single post :lol

This ones my favourite:

erico316 | August 8th, 2008 at 10:14 pm

o and my fav character from street fighter was ryu,ken,and akuma!!!!!!!!!
would be great to play a few round against u in a sf game john.i was pretty good when i was played it last about 10 years ago.im 19 now so u can guess how young i was when i got into street fighter.

John Diamonon replied on August 9, 2008 at 1:42 am

9?

:lol :lol

Top Bottom