• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 08/07/08

I stopped caring about them making a decent flow of PS1 games available a long time ago, and I suspect the rest of you should look into doing the same. I doubt things are going to change anytime soon.

brandonh83 said:
I stopped caring about them making a decent flow of PS1 games available a long time ago, and I suspect the rest of you should look into doing the same. I doubt things are going to change anytime soon.

There is a special campaign on the JP store for the 200th ps1 game available on the service. You can download a theme and be entered in a drawing for a game or something like that. there are several ballots. I cannot read the fine print so i may be off. Please correct me if this is the case.

pancakesandsex said:
There is a special campaign on the JP store for the 200th ps1 game available on the service. You can download a theme and be entered in a drawing for a game or something like that. there are several ballots. I cannot read the fine print so i may be off. Please correct me if this is the case.

Hey if this adds more PS1 games to the U.S. store then I'm in!

brandonh83 said:
Hey if this adds more PS1 games to the U.S. store then I'm in!

It doesn't, it just turns the knife a bit that the US store has like.....10x fewer ps1 games. Granted only about 50 or so are worth a look, but they are THERE, which is whats important.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Don't interfere, airman
just fan us gently

come on sony
let's do it

make exhilarating love

surprise release wipeout hd
it's so big
and bigger

pancakesandsex said:
It doesn't

There may be some good PS1 games on the U.S. store, but none that really catch my interest... that, or I've played it already. Like Symphony of the Night, it's the best game they have on there, but I own the game like, 100 times in various incarnations.

OK - again with the extreme rumors guys... and this is probably why you don't like me. But if you remember last week's update to the Japanese store, you'd know they got a special opportunity/lottery. I wouldn't be surprised if we see our own chance for a certain (HOME) Beta popping up here in today's update. :D

Uhmm, there is a chance for a beta for R2 qore 3 right? Or do you mean there will be a chance for others who did not buy the subscription?

I am talking about the "rumor" posted above. I assume he is alluding to some silly lottery, scavenger hunt thing a ma jiggy.

brandonh83 said:
That rumor sounds EXTREEEEEMEEEEE

xtreme_f1.jpg

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
3rdamention said:
Uhmm, there is a chance for a beta for R2 qore 3 right? Or do you mean there will be a chance for others who did not buy the subscription?

I am talking about the "rumor" posted above. I assume he is alluding to some silly lottery, scavenger hunt thing a ma jiggy.

I assume he's talking about Home closed beta invites.

StalkingSilence said:
Hey guys, here's some of my info. People were being real dicks to me last week when I posted here, but hey - I'll try again:

- 1942: Joint Strike demo as others have mentioned
- Battlefield: Bad Company DLC - Conquest mode (FREE)
- Civilization Revolution DLC - "The Mythic" Wonders and Artifact Pack (~$4.99 USD) - PROBABLY
- Guitar Hero III DLC - Interscope Track Pack ($6.49)
. “Carcinogen Crush” by AFI
. “Putting Holes in Happiness” by Nick Zinner (of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
. “Tina” by Flyleaf
- NASCAR 09 DLC (maybe - but who cares?)
- Qore Episode 003 content (other than R2 beta invite with annual subscription):
. DC Universe Online, behind-the-scenes & concept art
. NBA 09: The Inside, game development team interviews
. Lego Batman: The Video Game, checking in at Warner Bros.
. Baja: Edge of Control, featurette
. PS3 Qore Theme
- Talkman Travel for PSP out today ($5.99 per city, 3 cities available)
- Tiger Woods 09 demo - PROBABLY

Edit: remember this is in addition to the Rock Band content Tanod already has listed

hmmm.. actually, even though John Diamonon from Capcom said we'd get the 1942: Joint Strike demo this week, we might not be getting it now. or the TW09 demo.

If we get the NASCAR 09 stuff it will be pretty expensive. $3.99 USD for a new track and $2.49 per skin pack I think. EA always charges pretty high for DLC.

You'll probably see a new Home video today too and a PLETHORA of game videos.

Some random crap:
- Disgaea 3 Absence of Justice Wallpaper (x3)
- Tomb Raider: Underworld Mediterranean Shark Attack Wallpaper

blah blah, no one really cares though.

Well, im not buying this months Qore if i can't get in the R2 Beta; good job Sony. Why would they change policy all of a sudden. I bought the Socom episode and I get in the beta why should Resistance be any different. I don't want to preorder the game.

tanod

when is my burrito
criesofthepast said:
Well, im not buying this months Qore if i can't get in the R2 Beta; good job Sony. Why would they change policy all of a sudden. I bought the Socom episode and I get in the beta why should Resistance be any different. I don't want to preorder the game.

They're experimenting, it seems.

Flunkie

Banned
StalkingSilence said:
OK - again with the extreme rumors guys... and this is probably why you don't like me. But if you remember last week's update to the Japanese store, you'd know they got a special opportunity/lottery. I wouldn't be surprised if we see our own chance for a certain (HOME) Beta popping up here in today's update. :D
You have my attention.

JeffFoxworthy300.jpg

Edit: Attention was rightly granted. :D

Dyno

Any knowledge on when North America gets the Civilization downloads?

I just know I'm going to be a sucker for all of that shit.

AVclub

If a friend of mine is game-sharing his Qore with me, does that mean I can also share an invite to the Resistance Beta? Anyone know how that will work?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Pretty boring update tonight :(

I was hoping for a nice demo or something.

angelfly

Just picked up Elefunk to pass the time until the update. Meant to pick it up earlier but never got around to it.

Steroyd

StalkingSilence said:
Yeah also PAIN Labs will be coming out for free with all this other content (and possibly a new replay editor, PAIN Movie Lot). Also new game modes (Call the Shots), online multiplayer, etc. all coming out at the same time. They will STEP UP THE HYPE BIG TIME for this. So i really don't think it's coming this week.

Sweet mother almighty, I've just had multiple gamegasms reading this post. O_O
I am SO all over PAIN, on this.

brandonh83 said:
Pretty much, because Shuhei Yoshida admitted they don't offer much profit along with licensing issues.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/17/sony-exec-admits-we-havent-done-enough-with-third-parties-for/

I'm not expecting much of an update today, since I can't think of many demos which would come today. I don't care since I have plenty to keep my occupied from other weeks.

Top Bottom