• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 09/17/09 – NINJA GAIDEN 2 Demo (JP)

KtSlime

Just reached level 8 of Angel Senki, cute game just like it's predecessor. To answer those asking about trophies, it does not look like they exist.

Darkpen

Banned
lol, just saw the episode. I admit that it intrigued me... but what's with the video store? Why is this free stuff I'm downloading not listing themselves in the download list, with a blue shopping bag on the ep instead of a red one?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
ivedoneyourmom said:
Just reached level 8 of Angel Senki, cute game just like it's predecessor. To answer those asking about trophies, it does not look like they exist.

Easy to understand, despite being in Japanese?

TheSeks

·feist· said:

Oh, hi! I'm Ninja Gaiden 2's Mentor and Master Ninja Mode!

Oh, hi! I heard you like projectiles out the ass from off camera to where you can't get a chance to counter attack since there are so many projectiles on screen!

Hi! I'm Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. I don't have that bullshit, therefore I'm the superior version despite the bullshit censoring.

StuBurns

Banned
TheSeks said:

Oh, hi! I heard you like projectiles out the ass from off camera to where you can't get a chance to counter attack since there are so many projectiles on screen!

Hi! I'm Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. I don't have that bullshit, therefore I'm the superior version despite the bullshit censoring.
If Sigma 2 is fixed then yeah, it's going to be better, however do we actually know that?

BeeDog

Glad to see Trine finally getting a release. But will wait for impressions, specifically graphic impressions (will the FPS hold up etc. etc.).

KtSlime

TheSeks, I read/speak Japanese, my reading ability is not as strong as I would like, but most of the meny things are in katakana, and really all you have to do is know enough Japanese to figure out the quests, you just look for the different color word, which could be an item or place or something.

The first missions are questions, you find the person with a scroll above the head, they tell you how to do things in the game, then ask a question on what they just taught you. Easy just match words. Even if you don't understand all the Japanese rudimentary understanding of the grammar, and remembering what kanji they used a second ago will get the job done.

As for the main game quests you just go to the outerworld and collect items and bring them back. You get the items by killing enemies. You should get the hang of it if you can read katakana, have a memory and push through what you don't understand.

Hope that helps anyone wanting to play.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
stuburns said:
If Sigma 2 is fixed then yeah, it's going to be better, however do we actually know that?

About the only thing we know for certain is that there are new missions, weapons, bosses, co-op, and three new sets of tits to look at.

Actual refinement of the existing game, (streamlining, balancing, and polishing what definitely needed polish) are all wishful thinking at this point. I'm optimistic, though.

StuBurns

Banned
GuardianE said:
Actual refinement of the existing game, (streamlining, balancing, and polishing what definitely needed polish) are all wishful thinking at this point. I'm optimistic, though.
Well the game is being rebuilt using the Sigma engine, not exactly ported, so they're having to redo that stuff anyway, it makes sense they'd also fix it. However, until I've played it, I'm not going to go out on a limb and just assume that stuff is fixed, because Sigma 1 was not an outright improvement at all. It had it's benefits and it's weaknesses. (although, I've been playing it thru again the last few days, it's easy to forget how incredible it is after not playing it in awhile).

TheSeks

Kagari said:
Oh noes. Will try though. I hated the first game.

The first game had flaws (esp in multiplayer) after playing the 360 demo a lot, I can safely say most of the flaws (that I considered hugely negative) are gone. But it's still the same third person shooter that was at the core of LP1. If you didn't really like it, you may want to pass on the demo because it'll be nearly more of the same (like most Capcom games).

StuBurns

Banned
I really wasn't impressed with LP2, I was excited initially, mainly because it was pretty much the best game reveal ever. Having played it though, not my cup of tea at all. The Avatar game from ubisoft this holiday season is a LP clone and actually seems more appealing to me.

TheSeks said:

A good number of players (even long time fans) won't venture outside of the standard difficulty, which was fine. Hayashi & Co. also stated that the original Sigma would be the definitive version of NG1 and that wasn't the case. Personally, I'll wait until I've had some play-throughs of the retail copy of Sigma 2 before making any definitive statements as to its superiority.

GuardianE said:
Same here.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
TheSeks said:
The first game had flaws (esp in multiplayer) after playing the 360 demo a lot, I can safely say most of the flaws (that I considered hugely negative) are gone. But it's still the same third person shooter that was at the core of LP1. If you didn't really like it, you may want to pass on the demo because it'll be nearly more of the same (like most Capcom games).

I hated the heavy arcadey style of LP1 , and from Gaintbomb Demo QL ,LP2 looks like Monster Hunter in Space which is kinda awesome , if the SP mode like that too then will buy , if it's like LP1 I will pass .

Top Bottom