• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 09/17/09 – NINJA GAIDEN 2 Demo (JP)

Synless

Damnit, I forgot about NG2. I'm at the girlfriends for the night so I'm going to need impressions (preferably from someone who's played the 360 version extensively) until I can play this tomorrow after class.

Synless

Watching the stream I have to say that after playing it on the 360 that the lack of blood really takes out of this game. It had a visual impact that just added so much to the game. You knew you were killing people with incredible intensity.

netguy503

Synless said:
Watching the stream I have to say that after playing it on the 360 that the lack of blood really takes out of this game. It had a visual impact that just added so much to the game. You knew you were killing people with incredible intensity.

Um, won't your girl be upset? Your not being a very great boyfriend. :/

JudgeN

Didn't NG2 have live weapon switching? Sigma seems to pull up a menu onscreen and you select the weapon you want from there.

Synless

netguy503 said:
Um, won't your girl be upset? Your not being a very great boyfriend. :/
It's 11:58p here and she has to be up in the morning so she's already asleep. Your assumption of me being a bad BF is wrong sir!!!!!!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
JudgeN said:
Didn't NG2 have live weapon switching? Sigma seems to pull up a menu onscreen and you select the weapon you want from there.

Uh, no. It copied the NGS1 pop-up/select menu, which is the same for NGS2 from what you're saying.

netguy503

Synless said:
It's 11:58p here and she has to be up in the morning so she's already asleep. Your assumption of me being a bad BF is wrong sir!!!!!!

I would be asleep with her.

*watching stream*

It's OVER...short demo is short. I'm glad I didn't make my third dummy account. I can wait a week. :)

Brief NGS2 impressions:

-slight graphical tearing
-still in-game loading when switching weapons
-THE BOW&ARROW/RANGED WEAPON INTERFACE IS A BILLION TIMES BETTER
-seems slower than regular NG2

Synless

netguy503 said:

*watching stream*

It's OVER...short demo is short. I'm glad I didn't make my third dummy account. I can wait a week. :)
Honestly the time I get away from her is few and far between. Her sleeping or being at work is the only times I really get to go online here or play games. So I prefer not to be judged. Also she's asleep right next to me, I'm on my laptop.

netguy503 said:

*watching stream*

Yeah no shit STFU. I was offended by the line you just crossed.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Linkzg said:
-seems slower than regular NG2

Because it's built on Sigma 1's engine, which is built around Ninja Gaiden 1/Black. (Which means it's therefore superior to the DMC-esque NG2)

But even DMC4 > NG2. Goddamn that was such a huge disappointment going from "okay" Warrior to "holy fuck, shit sucks" Mentor. Disappointment of 2008 for me.

ZoddGutts

Isn't this Demo from what they used in E3? All the stages and co-op missions are from the vids that were from E3. Wonder if it's an updated version or the E3 build.

-Bow interface is great, plus the fact that you can always use shurikens.
-Definitely feels more like NG1/B/S. Not as frantically paced as NG2.
-Still has some tearing :(

Love the demo, Ayane is awesome, see is faster than Ryu and her moves are great. The game is awesome smooth.

Complains:

-Loadings.
-A little aliasing.
-Tearing.
-R2 button sucks for the Bow.
-Life of the thousand gods used the moment you get it?, no more free healing.

Top Bottom