• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 09/17/09 – NINJA GAIDEN 2 Demo (JP)

longdi

Banned
The tearing is quite bad at 1080p. Normally i wun get affected by tearing but NGS2 sigma made me a little giddy, must be the speed of the game. Anyone feel NGS2 is more automated than 1? Chaining attacks from one enemy to another is easier...

Vard

I totally forgot about .deTuned!! When is that coming out in the US? I thought Linger in Shadows was great for $3. I welcome this demoscene type stuff. :D

jett

D-Member
KOF12 looked pretty awesome to me. The sprites may not be HD or whatever, but the spritework itself is really nice, the best I've seen in a 2D fighter since 3rd Strike, ditto for the animation. Makes ArcSys and their doujin-quality sprites look like chumps.

I'll probably get it used on the cheap sometime down the road. Sorry Ignition. :p

Shinraven

Synless said:
Damnit, I forgot about NG2. I'm at the girlfriends for the night so I'm going to need impressions (preferably from someone who's played the 360 version extensively) until I can play this tomorrow after class.

Brief NGS2 impressions:

-slight graphical tearing - gets annoying
-still in-game loading when switching weapons
-THE BOW&ARROW/RANGED WEAPON INTERFACE IS A BILLION TIMES BETTER
-seems slower than regular NG2 - def is slower esp. when lots of enemies on screen : (
- not as much blood / gore so far this is the japanese version
- the lighting seems better on the Ps3
- easier to navigate
- mid large bosses pretty cool
- Ayana is Awesome...wow love her.
- new duel mode ...SICK !!!

I really hope they fix this

For anyone that cares, the Gundam DLC are for use in the free mode (offline and online) and you have to unlock them with points earned in the game. The RX-81 AS is 450000 points and the FA RX-78-3 is 1200000 points.

JoeFenix

Man this game is so different from regular NG2 on Master Ninja, holy crap!

It's not as chaotic, way more methodical and ennemies can kill you in 1 grab. Full health to nothing from one mistake, pretty fucking awesome!

-Mikey-

My impressions....

I'm a little disappointed that I have to shake the controller to ridiculous levels to get Ayanes chesticles to jiggle. Hope they fix it before the game launches.

klee123

The fact that I'm using a DS3 to control the game already make the game more enjoyable to me.

The only minus I see is the loading, the lack of gore doesn't really bother me.

Alright, just played through Warrior, Mentor and Master Ninja on the demo with Ryu. Some quick impressions:

- Graphics are better
- Initial load of the level seemed a bit long
- Mid-level loading is still present, but definitely reduced compared to a non-installed NG2.
- First save point has been replaced with a chest with a healing herb and moved in front of the door. Kinda pointless...
- No decapitations. When you take a guy's head off, purple mist just shoots out of his neck, his head doesn't actually come off :lol I'm sure this is because it's the demo of the Japanese version, however.
- Dabilharo seems pretty strong. It has a jump-in Izuna (like the Lunar) and a pretty decent UT. Not sure how well it's going to mesh into NG2's gameplay, but I like it so far.
- No more giant bats? I opened the chest before the lunar/boss on Master Ninja, and just a pack of regular bats came out.
- Lives of a Thousand Gods are used as soon as you pick them up (and no longer heal you) - WTF?
- Guillotine throw does NOT delimb on wall impact 100% any more. When I saw this in Warrior I thought this change was absurd, but seeing what they did to Mentor and MN, it's fine I guess.
- Enemies have more health
- Incendiary Shuriken Ninjas seem to be treated as mid-bosses now, fighting two at a time. They throw IS a lot less frequently too. The problem with this is they don't seem to have any new moves, so now they're just damage sponges that are still easy to kill.
- New boss sucks and is extremely easy to kill. On Master Ninja, I'm sure it took no longer than a minute to take him out.
- The only time you fight rocket ninjas and white explosive bow ninjas are on PotMN, if I recall correctly. There were only two explosive bow ninjas; both stationed on the bridge you need to wallrun up the tree to get onto. They seemed to be a lot less accurate as well. Only time I remember fighting rocket ninjas were in the section before the boss, and there were only a few of them.
- There seems to be slowdown still... in the cherry blossom field and in front of the area where you acquire the lunar/fight the boss, specifically. The slowdown seems to last the entire fight, which is kinda strange, so maybe it's intended. Or maybe I'm completely wrong, but it didn't feel as smooth as it should have been. Alright, I just played the Ayane level and there is DEFINITELY slowdown, and it is DEFINITELY not intended. :lol Good job Team Ninja!
- On that note, Ayane is as bad as I thought she would be.
- Obliteration Techniques can now hit other enemies who are in the way of your attack. They're no longer canned animations that only affect the guy you're targeting.
- Both Mentor and Master Ninja have been nerfed to hell and back. The game is definitely a lot more "fair" now, but it's also incredibly easy in comparison to NG2. Of course, every encounter in the game has been redone to accommodate this new style, so you'll wind up fighting 5 ninjas at a time, max. A no-hit run of this demo, at least, is entirely possible and really shouldn't be very difficult.

Think that's just about everything I noticed. This all comes from 50 minutes total of playing the demo.

Animator

I quite liked the sigma demo too. Not sure if I should pick this or demons souls up till uncharted 2 though. What say you gaf?

Quick Impressions:

Slight screen tearing, I noticed more in 720p compared to 1080p.
Camera is great. How ever you need the full game to test it properly.
Did not notice any slowdowns, compared to the xbox360 version.
The Boss at the end of demo feels like a total rip off of God of War 2's start.
Graphics look sharp and colorful.
Game feels like a true sequel to Ninja Gaiden Black comparing it to NGII which felt like.. oh ya son ... I can make brutality of God of War 2 look like child's play.
Over all I really like it with Dual Shock controller, feels nice to have rumble.
The dead bodies do not disappear only the limbs do.
The textures on beasts are redone and they look and feel organic compared to polished plastic on 360 version.
THANK YOU 360 owners for Beta testing Ninja Gaiden Sigma II.
I was not going to get this game until price drop but I will pick up the limited edition on DAY 1.

xero273

@iconoclast, Shinraven

for the blood/gore thing, I don't think you'll see it in the US demo. I remember reading something that the dude that did this game toned down the blood and gore because he felt it wasn't necessary.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/100/1002071p1.html

I played it for a bit. Game is just like NG2 for me so yea it's good in my opinon. The lack of blood and gore really isn't a big deal for me. Didn't see it mention in this thread, but for those who really want to play the demo and can't wait until next week, the game has english menu.

Alex

Theres online co-op in the final of this, right? Does anyone know how significant or what kind of length or replay it might have?

njmzhang

Banned
Unregistered007 said:
Quick Impressions:

Game feels like a true sequel to Ninja Gaiden Black comparing it to NGII which felt like.. oh ya son ... I can make brutality of God of War 2 look like child's play.
Over all I really like it with Dual Shock controller, feels nice to have rumble.
The textures on beasts are redone and they look and feel organic compared to polished plastic on 360 version.
I was not going to get this game until price drop but I will pick up the limited edition on DAY 1.

good, very good

StuBurns

Banned
I fell asleep before it came online so I'm downloading the demo at the moment, the impressions so far seem to be inline with what I'd expect.

.deTuned looks awesome, I've been wondering about it for a while. Hopefully it's out in the Euro store today.

Unregistered007 said:
Quick Impressions:

Wow. Damn this post though, I was gonna wait a while before picking Sigma 2 up as I already own NG2, but it may now be a day one for me! :)

stuburns said:
I feel asleep before it came online so I'm downloading the demo at the moment, the impressions so far seem to be inline with what I'd expect.

.deTuned looks awesome, I've been wondering about it for a while. Hopefully it's out in the Euro store today.
Been playing some Metal Gear, eh?

damn your stealth edit!
but um... yeah, detuned does look awesome, indeed. Trippy as hell.

Anyone know how to get the 'Jarig - whatch Rob dance' trophy in .detuned? Got all the others, but this one eludes me - what a bizarre little 'game', even more so than Linger in Shadows.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
jett said:
KOF12 looked pretty awesome to me. The sprites may not be HD or whatever, but the spritework itself is really nice, the best I've seen in a 2D fighter since 3rd Strike, ditto for the animation. Makes ArcSys and their doujin-quality sprites look like chumps.

:lol :lol What? No. Arc System Work's sprite work is fucking good. You can hate the art style if you want, but Guilty Gear was made in high-def (but runs in Standard, IIRC). Blazblue and that other one (Battle Fantasia?) were made with HD in mind and make GG look terrible, but still passable when compared side-by-side.

KoF12's sprites look passable on my 19 inch monitor, but I have to agree with Kassatu that it's a "fucking Wii game" because of this. If you're putting a 2D game on an HD console, you shouldn't have pixel-y sprites anymore. They were passable in the 90's, but now a days it should be hand-drawn art (which requires a LOT OF FUCKING WORK, I know...). Which Arc system works does in spades.

Also I'm vindicated: NGS2 confirmed to pull NG2 from Turd status to ROCK YOUR FACE OFF even with the slowdown/loading/censoring flaws in the demo. FUCKING FINALLY YOU CAN PLAY ABOVE WARRIOR AND THE GAME WON'T FEEL UNFAIR TO YOU!

DR2K said:
NGS2 = goty. Looks so awesome.

No. Undoubtably Uncharted 2 is GotY 2009. (If you haven't played the demo, play the MP demo on the 29th, it's fucking good) NGS2 is "Hugest update to a disappointing game that makes the game what it should've been a fucking year ago 2009" AKA: Close second but it's an old game being fixed so it's not first, at all.)

agm2502

Command & Conquer challenge, Trine and Bomberman are coming this week in the EU along with Demoes for Pro Evo and NBA Live. The list is on the EU Blog now. The PSP is getting Need for speed shift for £29.99 on Friday. Also some older games are getting discounted, Super Stardust is £2.49 i think, blog seems to be down at the moment. Trine is £16.99 the other two are £7.99 each.

Top Bottom