• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 11/25/08 (Turkey Week)

Chris R

Finally get to see what all the hubbub is about for Dead Space... As well as grab the Yngwie Malmsteen DLC most likely.

sw26

freethought said:
So will we Europeans (dirty scum that we apparently are) also get to enjoy some high definition street fighting or are we going to get screwed... again.

Did you really have to ask? Just the same old crap for us second class citizens I'm afraid.

sw26 said:
Did you really have to ask? Just the same old crap for us second class citizens I'm afraid.

Yeah, just saw this posted in the official thread;

Some douchebag at Capcom said:
It will arrive on 11/25 on PlayStation Network for $14.99. You will see standard international price adjustments for overseas PSN stores when it eventually arrives

Goddamnit.

edit: What makes it worse is that my mate will be picking it up for his 360 on day one so I'll be forced to play with that shitty fucking d-pad, I hate it. On HF it's a 50-50 toss up whether I'll do a hadouken or dragon punch at any given time. Plus I lost my copies of SF2 anthology and Guilty Gear so it's like the only 2D fighter I've got regular access to at the minute (he wouldn't buy Samurai Shodown 2).

Why are Capcom incapable of releasing their games at the same time across all regions? Bionic Comando was available in a timely manner, but Europe is still waiting for Age of Booty and it took fucking months for Puzzle Fighter to turn up in the EU store. Hopefully Street Fighter'll be this week, but i'm not getting my hopes up given Capcom & SCEE's track record.

Bootaaay said:
Why are Capcom incapable of releasing their games at the same time across all regions? Bionic Comando was available in a timely manner, but Europe is still waiting for Age of Booty and it took fucking months for Puzzle Fighter to turn up in the EU store. Hopefully Street Fighter'll be this week, but i'm not getting my hopes up given Capcom & SCEE's track record.

I suspect SCEE are fully to blame here, not Capcom.

decon

Just forget about the EU store and start using the US one, seems like the only opition. Sony have had two years now to make the EU store as good as the US, but for some reason they won't. They can do it on XBLA so what's the hold up Sony? Oh forgot, you just like to be stupid this gen.

decon said:
Just forget about the EU store and start using the US one, seems like the only opition. Sony have had two years now to make the EU store as good as the US, but for some reason they won't. They can do it on XBLA so what's the hold up Sony? Oh forgot, you just like to be stupid this gen.

I'd love to but I've had nothing but problems trying to credit the account. I could not get that virtual credit card to work for love nor money. So, I'm stuck making purchases of the Euro store and SCEE are continually dropping the ball. Goddamn, that monkey must have written the entire works of Shakespeare in the time it took for Puzzle Fighter to show up on the Euro store.

Steroyd

That's a pathetic update of patheticness.

SCEE monkeys managed to exceed themselves unless there's more to this update.

About time they had more Killers stuff on RB. Will download, especially some SSFIITHDR action. My HRAP3 is gonna get some loving tomorrow. :D

nofi

Steroyd said:
That's a pathetic update of patheticness.

SCEE monkeys managed to exceed themselves unless there's more to this update.

NOT UP YET! CONTENT UP @ ROUGHLY 5PM EST 11/25

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Steroyd said:
THEN WTF WAS THE STORE "UPDATE" JUST AN HOUR AGO!?

AND USE EURO TIMES PLZ
?

Steroyd

Yes I did... so what's going on then? Sony's updating the PSN store whenever they feel like it now?

And yes I know about the turkeys.

nofi

Steroyd said:
Yes I did... so what's going on then? Sony's updating the PSN store whenever they feel like it now?

And yes I know about the turkeys.

Just keeping you on your toes.

freethought said:
I'd love to but I've had nothing but problems trying to credit the account. I could not get that virtual credit card to work for love nor money. So, I'm stuck making purchases of the Euro store and SCEE are continually dropping the ball. Goddamn, that monkey must have written the entire works of Shakespeare in the time it took for Puzzle Fighter to show up on the Euro store.
Well, from what I heard, it was both Capcom and SCEE's fault with Puzzle Fighter, but the rest were more current.

Capcom stated that it takes SCEA around 5 days to approve a game, while it takes SCEE almost 2 weeks, but while they approve games, they'll let you know of any problems and allow them to be fixed while approving. MS takes somewhere in the middle between SCEA and SCEE to approve games. Main reason it takes longer for SCEE to approve games just has to do with varying languages, more countries with various laws (SCEA is basically only approving for U.S. and Canada, while SCEE has like 16 or so countries, I forget the number). SCE is still heavily dependent on region, where each region has its own laws and own Q&A.

For some games, like some that come from SCEA, NovaStrike, Fatal Inertia, etc., it's not SCEE's fault at all for the slower release. Some just have to do with the developers only had it in English and Japanese first (well, for some Japanese), and have to translate it into multiple languages, and sometimes won't do it until they already get it released in the NA. SCE in general does not require games be multiple language from the get go, it's up to the developer to decide. PixelJunk games for an example are made multiple language from the get go, so that makes it easier to bring them to multiple regions in a short time.

Not everything is good with SCEA because since PS1 games are published by them to the PS Store, it makes it harder in a way for them to appear in the PS Store (compared to letting third parties do it in other regions).

The article was here about approval:
Ryu vs Ken - How long does the approval process usually take?

Sven - Depends on the territory and the time of year/how busy the submissions team is. It also depends on territories.

SCEA and MS can turn things around in 5-7 days most times. SCEE is closer to two weeks but they have a system where you can see the progress and bugs as they're testing (which means, you can anticipate your pass or fail and potentially be ready to have a resubmission ready to go when you fail). That said, you generally want to get reports from SCEA and SCEE, fix all issues and resubmit to both at the same time so it's not always such a benefit easy. SCAsia is a bit easier on the submission side as their evaluation focuses mostly on the material submisisons, not on code approval (provided you have code approval from SCEA or SCEE).

So when you fail out, it generally takes a few days to turn a new build. We tend to then put that new candidate back through our test groups for 48 hours and if it comes out clean/addressing the issues (without introducing new issues, which can and does happen) then it gets turned back in. In short, it's usually about five to six days after a fail report before you're resubmitted and the process begins again.

So to reiterate, if you don't pass, it's usually another two weeks minimum before you could possibly have approval (and that's assuming you don't bounce a second time). I've said it before and I'll say it again... digital submissions are even more difficult than physical submission. There's more TRCs/TCRs to worry about getting hung up on.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2008/11/07/ask_capcom_roundup_heavy_on_hd_remix

nofi

BoilersFan23 said:
For some games, like some that come from SCEA, NovaStrike, Fatal Inertia, etc., it's not SCEE's fault at all for the slower release. Some just have to do with the developers only had it in English and Japanese first (well, for some Japanese), and have to translate it into multiple languages, and sometimes won't do it until they already get it released in the NA. SCE in general does not require games be multiple language from the get go, it's up to the developer to decide. PixelJunk games for an example are made multiple language from the get go, so that makes it easier to bring them to multiple regions in a short time.

I can't be specific, but this paragraph contains at least one falsehood.

angelfly

Anxiously awaiting the Dead Space demo. I planned on picking it up this week so it's nice to be able to try it a couple of days earlier.

cyclone87

The Aussie store got updated with only two items but at least one of them was Super Stardust Portable.... still, surely they could do better than that.

angelfly said:
Anxiously awaiting the Dead Space demo. I planned on picking it up this week so it's nice to be able to try it a couple of days earlier.

Picking up this or Mirrors Edge next week. Only annoyance so far with Dead Space is the DLC came out all at once. Like $15 of awkward content.

From anyone who owns it, how is the replayability?

eznark said:
Are a lot of people planning on picking up Street Fighter?

Not a fan of fighting games, the tend to get old fast for me.

MutFox

Banned
I'm counting down the minutes for SSF2THDR. :p
I love Street Fighter, and this seems like the definitive version of the classic. :D

eznark

Banned
MvmntInGrn said:
Not a fan of fighting games, the tend to get old fast for me.

I generally feel the same way but for some reason I am kind of stoked for this. If nothing else it'll let me know if there is any need for me to drop $60 on SF4 in a couple months.

eznark said:

I was, but apparently SCEE have other plans. I suppose it might hit on Thursday but I'm not hopeful.

eznark said:
I generally feel the same way but for some reason I am kind of stoked for this. If nothing else it'll let me know if there is any need for me to drop $60 on SF4 in a couple months.

It's Street Fighter. Sure the die-hards will pore over the balancing issues like, like... something being very analytical of something else. Surely the casual Street Fighter player already has an idea of what to expect, graphical upgrade notwithstanding.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
eznark said:
Myeah.

reminder

freethought said:
I was, but apparently SCEE have other plans. I suppose it might hit on Thursday but I'm not hopeful.

It's already confirmed that it won't be released in europe this week. It doesn't even have a solid date yet...

test_account

XP-39C²
Does anyone know if the new Metal Gear Online expansion pack is avalible now? I know that it isnt being offered through the PS Store, but i thought this would be a good thread to ask in :)

panda21

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TEST ACCOUNT I LOVE YOU
i forgot about the meme pack with all the ssf2hd hype!

euro psn redeemed, sort of! more like shittyness made up for really but still

YAYS

test_account said:
Does anyone know if the new Metal Gear Online expansion pack is avalible now? I know that it isnt being offered through the PS Store, but i thought this would be a good thread to ask in :)

My mate bought the GENE+MEME pack the other day but I don't think the actual content is available yet. Maybe it goes up today, but I could be wrong about that. For some reason I think it's either the 25th or 27th but I have no idea where I got that from so take it with a grain of salt.

Xater said:
EU store is still sucking but I am getting SF2HD from the US store. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

Do you mind me asking how?

test_account

XP-39C²
panda21 said:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TEST ACCOUNT I LOVE YOU
i forgot about the meme pack with all the ssf2hd hype!

euro psn redeemed, sort of! more like shittyness made up for really but still

YAYS
Hehe, you're welcome :) I'm looking forward to the new MGO expansion pack as well, and i think it should be out sometime today (if it isnt already out, i cant check right now).

Top Bottom