• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Trophy Club

TexMex

b1UQdcM.jpg

#225 - Sea of Stars

Near perfect. Had incredibly high expectations and it exceeded all of them. Up there with Humanity on my GOTY list, if not #1.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
53232228265_b68685b99b_b.jpg

#96 - Scorn

Ever since i knew Billain would be partly responsible for score and effects i was sold on the game. Today it finally released on Playstation and i'm blown away. Art style is out of this world and sound design can't be described with words. The whole journey through the game was just awinspireing. Pretty short and not to deep on the gameplay side but what's there is just incredible.

Trophy is very easy. Just play through the game. One missable trophy where you have to start a second playthrough for a early game decision. Took me 5 hours.

Last edited:

TexMex

NZLml7V.jpg

#226 - Cocoon

This was really great. It’s no Inside, not by a stretch, but it isn’t really trying to be and I never would have made the connection if not for the marketing.

Some of the most clever puzzles I’ve seen in years, maybe ever in games. Truly original stuff. I felt smart until the end and the difficulty ramped up significantly and I had to look up multiple solutions.

Shout out for what may be the best chapter select ever in games. I did trophy cleanup post game in about 10 minutes.

8/10, really great

Con-Z-epT

53292617951_b5fc3e2401_b.jpg

#97 - Spider-Man 2

I have a soft spot for these kind of super hero games. Infamous, Prototype, Batman... you name it. The feeling of empowerment and the act of traversal is truly satisfying.

However, as much as i enjoy the Spider-Man games they are pretty stale now after three games with a lack of innovation and i hope we can have a long brake.

Last edited:

TexMex

Xs41iZr.jpg

Agree that for the next outing, something’s gotta change. 3 games with near identical gameplay it’s gonna wear thin soon.

But, what’s here, is awesome. One of the most technically impressive games I’ve seen. Just one stunning set piece after another. Like a game from 2030 game through time. I just loved it.

That said - this is without a doubt the buggiest first party game I’ve ever bought. From minor stuff like audio glitches to full game crashes and game breaking bugs. Got stuck in geometry. I got stuck in a room because the NPC who opens the door was trapped in the prior room. Thankfully with the insanely fast load times this ends up being more surprising than it is painful. It’s somehow simultaneously the most polished and most sloppy game I’ve bought in some time.

TexMex

#174 Metal Gear & Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake. Previously I platinumed MGS2&3 on ps3 and MGSV on PS5. Also platinumed Spiderman 2 last week.

Heard you can get Fox rank on MGS1 easily if you play the Japanese version - can you confirm? Any other tips?

Kerotan

Heard you can get Fox rank on MGS1 easily if you play the Japanese version - can you confirm? Any other tips?
It's true but the guide said download the Japanese language pack but I just assumed you could play the MGS1 integral edition which is the actual Japanese port. Will need to find confirmation.

Oh and I just got plat #175 Sniper Elite
tv30tte.jpg

Last edited:
I just got the Plat for The Callisto Protocol, it's an okay game, nothing more.
Also got the Platinum for We were here too, I played all of them except We were here forever, waiting on a sale for that one.
Cool coop games and I definitely recommend those games if you have a coop friend (they have bad controls though).

Bartski

Gold Member
oEPpMoQ.jpg

Honestly one of the grindiest plats in all of soulslike genre, mainly due to trophies for collecting every single weapon in the game and every armor piece, excluding MP ones. About 30% of those are RNG drops from enemies, and you need multiple item discovery buffs running at once for any chance for effective farming. So unless you have a vendor at your hub that sells unlimited mk2 discovery buffs, which ends up there after completing what is probably the most easy to fail sidequest in the game, your best strat is begging on https://www.reddit.com/r/BeckoningSign/.
Also, you have to beat the game 3 times, no save duping multiple choice enging option here. But thats ok mainly due to the "new game zero" feature, where you re-enter the campaign with all your gear and stats with the world resetting to NG. So while the first playthrough was really difficult at times, I did shamelessly summon whenever I could and there are plenty of options for doing that, both PvE and NPCs. On subsequent NG+0 playthroughs tho you get so OP bosses go down in one combo it's actually hilarious.

Highly underrated IMO and after all the patching it's an easy 8/10 for me. Most complaints about it are highly overblown, If you like the genre at least give it a try.

Last edited:

TexMex

Anybody working on the mgs1 plat? 60% vr missions done and just after beating Volcun in my first play through.

Not yet but I will be, I bought the collection.

Just worried about Fox rank. Haven’t played it since ps3 days, so i gotta get familiar. I know there’s a glitch to play on easy but not sure that would even help me now.

Kerotan

Not yet but I will be, I bought the collection.

Just worried about Fox rank. Haven’t played it since ps3 days, so i gotta get familiar. I know there’s a glitch to play on easy but not sure that would even help me now.
You can play it in Japanese and you can get fox rank on easy.

I recommend doing a lot of the 300 VR missions before you play the game because you remember how to play again. Just make sure you pick the special missions on the game selection screen because the others don't count.

Also Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake (MSX) have their own platinum. Very fun if you follow a playthrough on YT.

Last edited:
kXQ94gU.jpg

Very solid Souls experience, too good that I actually plat'ed both version.

1. The combat is the biggest selling point, and the most satisfying part of the game for me. Initially, there were quite a lot of criticism about its combat design logic, I get it, the character was initially underpowered and some design designs were questionable. But once you collected all the quartz to upgrade the skill trees, the combat is a blast. The perfect deflection is such a satisfying mechanical (and this is why I highly prefer Sekiro to Elden Ring as my favorite souls game), the staggering and executing enemies just add different layers of flavor of the combat system. I actually went back to play Dark Souls 1 2 3 and definitely felt the combat is quite simple and so to speak outdated compared to newer entries.

2. Other than combat, the level/map design and exploration is another pillar of fun of the souls game. I think Lies of P did quite well in each individual levels (each chapter) - they used the verticality and alternated interior/exterior well, and the shortcuts indeed have the Souls flavor. However, when it comes to the interconnection of the overworld, the game falls short compared to Miyazaki's masterpieces. Lies of P lacks of grand magnificent landmarks/scenes, which are very signature stuff in FromSoftware's games. And the overworld it more like a central-hub-to-branch-area structure, lacking those mind-blowing interconnection you saw in Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

3. The game's other aspects, as art style, music, graphics, and optimization are all very on par. It is really a remarkable achievement for a studio that only made one Korean MMO before. They really grabbed the essence of what makes a souls game good and added their own flavor as well. I would rate it 8.8/10. Looking forward to the announced DLC and sequel.

Bartski

Gold Member
kXQ94gU.jpg

1. The combat is the biggest selling point, and the most satisfying part of the game for me. Initially, there were quite a lot of criticism about its combat design logic, I get it, the character was initially underpowered and some design designs were questionable. But once you collected all the quartz to upgrade the skill trees, the combat is a blast. The perfect deflection is such a satisfying mechanical (and this is why I highly prefer Sekiro to Elden Ring as my favorite souls game), the staggering and executing enemies just add different layers of flavor of the combat system. I actually went back to play Dark Souls 1 2 3 and definitely felt the combat is quite simple and so to speak outdated compared to newer entries.

2. Other than combat, the level/map design and exploration is another pillar of fun of the souls game. I think Lies of P did quite well in each individual levels (each chapter) - they used the verticality and alternated interior/exterior well, and the shortcuts indeed have the Souls flavor. However, when it comes to the interconnection of the overworld, the game falls short compared to Miyazaki's masterpieces. Lies of P lacks of grand magnificent landmarks/scenes, which are very signature stuff in FromSoftware's games. And the overworld it more like a central-hub-to-branch-area structure, lacking those mind-blowing interconnection you saw in Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

3. The game's other aspects, as art style, music, graphics, and optimization are all very on par. It is really a remarkable achievement for a studio that only made one Korean MMO before. They really grabbed the essence of what makes a souls game good and added their own flavor as well. I would rate it 8.8/10. Looking forward to the announced DLC and sequel.
I plan to do the same when they drop the DLC, amazing game

TexMex

kXQ94gU.jpg

I'm working on this plat right now. I had written it off because I had heard how difficult it was.

Very glad I changed my mind, over the moon in love and not really having much of an issue at all! I'm in the Exhibition Hall right now, puppet master was the last boss I took down. I think I'm about half way through?

Any tips you can throw my way would be appreciated!

I'm working on this plat right now. I had written it off because I had heard how difficult it was.

Very glad I changed my mind, over the moon in love and not really having much of an issue at all! I'm in the Exhibition Hall right now, puppet master was the last boss I took down. I think I'm about half way through?

Any tips you can throw my way would be appreciated!
I am glad you are enjoying it, mate! Yes here's my two cents about game strategies:

1. Considering upgrade the legion arm puppet string to max level as soon as possible, the last upgrade Attack Link is just so op, attack link + heavy charged attack combo can basically stun most elites in the game.

2. When upgrading your P organ, consider prioritizing the perks that let you gain legion gauge when killing enemies, when having tier 2 of the perk, you pretty much can have unlimited legion arm skill to use.

3. In this game, charged heavy attack plays an essential role as it is the quickest way to stun enemy. So most strongest weapons have really good charged attack move sets. Some of my recommendations: Bone-Cutting Sawblade + Dancer's Curved Sword Handle; Live Puppet's Axe Blade + Bramble Curved Sword Handle; Big Pipe Wrench Head + Krat Police Baton Handle.
This new 1.3 update added new balance that makes light weapon blade + heavy weapon handle feasible, but I will leave the fun of experimenting them to you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, if you are going for plat, make sure the check a guide as the collectibles such as the records are tied with side quests that can be missed.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
I'm one glitched video file away from plat and I hope they patch it so I can just load my save and pick it up
Fixed in patch 1.00.12!
  • Fixed a rare issue where the player could not watch the Drowned video and thus was prevented from getting an Achievement / Trophy.

The missing video just appears in your inventory after loading a save. Thanks Remedy, that was quite a ride!

EfY1t3J.jpg

iALX

God of War Rangarok makes for Platinum trophy no. 18, after 48 hours of playtime :)

Wholeheartedly recommended to all who have not played it. One of the rare games that I've not known anything about before playing, that has not disappointed in any one of its aspects.

lvZK1Ux.jpg

1Scbb121

Tiger Woods Win GIF

Acquired the Metal gear rising platinum. S rank in revengeance mode really pushes you to master and learn the game properly. VR missions weren't as difficult as I expected (no invincibility exploit used). Honestly, they seemed less challenging than Stormbringer (S ranks). Then again, I finished a brand new game on revengeance mode prior to attempting them, so maybe that helped. Maybe its just me, but VR mission 18 doesn't have anything on Vanquish's tactical challenge no. 6 imo.

Great game. Works well as a standalone spin-off. Would recommend. That said... I'll hold off on facing Monsoon again on revengeance with 100% parrying for a while.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
AnnQiAZ.jpg

Hardest part of this trophy wasn't the Queen herself, it was getting to her was hardest part...... that Defiled Chalice absolulty fucked me over, especially fighting Amygdala which 90% of his attack can one shot me.
giphy.gif

And with that was the last trophy I needed to get Platinum.
3CphRwH.png

giphy.gif

Last edited:

TexMex

I am glad you are enjoying it, mate! Yes here's my two cents about game strategies:

1. Considering upgrade the legion arm puppet string to max level as soon as possible, the last upgrade Attack Link is just so op, attack link + heavy charged attack combo can basically stun most elites in the game.

2. When upgrading your P organ, consider prioritizing the perks that let you gain legion gauge when killing enemies, when having tier 2 of the perk, you pretty much can have unlimited legion arm skill to use.

3. In this game, charged heavy attack plays an essential role as it is the quickest way to stun enemy. So most strongest weapons have really good charged attack move sets. Some of my recommendations: Bone-Cutting Sawblade + Dancer's Curved Sword Handle; Live Puppet's Axe Blade + Bramble Curved Sword Handle; Big Pipe Wrench Head + Krat Police Baton Handle.
This new 1.3 update added new balance that makes light weapon blade + heavy weapon handle feasible, but I will leave the fun of experimenting them to you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, if you are going for plat, make sure the check a guide as the collectibles such as the records are tied with side quests that can be missed.

Any advice for nameless puppet? Been getting completely destroyed, had to take a break.

Any advice for nameless puppet? Been getting completely destroyed, had to take a break.

Sure, I would suggest use electric grindstone, the damage boost is significant. Use a heavy weapon to charge attack between gaps, he is much easier to stun compared to other large size bosses. You can try using Aegis as legion arm to block some of his attacks.

Have you exchanged the Ghost walk amulet using the boss ergo? This one can also come handy if you had a hard time parry his fury attack. But in the end you do need to memorize some his moves and try perfect deflect, at least in phase one.

TexMex

TexMex TexMex I forgot to mention that don't be ashamed to use the "official backdoor", the throwables, just watch the nameless puppet die in the distance and come back to kick his ass in NG+! Haha!

So I got it twice, just need a NG+ run for the records!

And I tried the throwables, and while that worked on some bosses it didn’t got me with him. Phase two he is just so insanely fast that I could never create enough distance without him closing the gap super quick. I ended up using the Aegis shield maxed out and just holding it up with the acid spear. By the time I ran out of legion I just had to legitimately whittle down half his health or so. But I eventually got there.

TexMex

I assume there’s nothing I can really do to mess up this Eugenie trophy for giving the opposite answer (story of a stranger girl)? Just kill the brotherhood, kill
again, hand in the cryptic vessel and hit her dialogue again if I’m reading right.

MikeM

God of War Rangarok makes for Platinum trophy no. 18, after 48 hours of playtime :)

Wholeheartedly recommended to all who have not played it. One of the rare games that I've not known anything about before playing, that has not disappointed in any one of its aspects.

lvZK1Ux.jpg
Have you played GoW 2018?

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Grabbing Avatar on Friday

The trophies looks like your typical Ubi junkfood completion/collection checklist

Should be a superchill, fun Platinum with old O&A episodes playing non stop in the background. Quality (y)

Last edited:

TexMex

Grabbing Avatar on Friday

The trophies looks like your typical Ubi junkfood completion/collection checklist

Should be a superchill, fun Platinum with old O&A episodes playing non stop in the background. Quality (y)

Miss O&A. Depressing what they’ve become.

TexMex

Me too man. I still listen to them every day via YouTube though. Pretty much all of 2012 is on there which was a hell of a year.

I dont even bother with Jim & Sam. Shits embarrassing.

I listen to a lot of them and Stern on YouTube too. Little earlier though, mainly around the church stunt. I want to say 2005 or so. That early 2000s radio, the pivot to Sirius, etc was so fun and exciting.

Con-Z-epT

53387593507_06fcdfcf49_b.jpg

#99 - Teardown

There's something medative to carving your way through the stages on the pursue for the perfect setup. Such a simple premise of voxels and destruction yet the game constantly blew my mind on how the goals could be achieved.

From: "Nah, this isn't even possible..." over "Hey maybe i could just..." to "I can't believe this actually worked!", it made me feel very clever for figuring out solutions for the problems it threw at me.

Story is goofy and together with the evolving hub and stages it had a lot of charm to it. Was just fun to be in the game. Highly recommended!

Trophies where also cool for giving an additional layer of challenge and incentives for exploration.

TexMex

53387593507_06fcdfcf49_b.jpg

#99 - Teardown

There's something medative to carving your way through the stages on the pursue for the perfect setup. Such a simple premise of voxels and destruction yet the game constantly blew my mind on how the goals could be achieved.

From: "Nah, this isn't even possible..." over "Hey maybe i could just..." to "I can't believe this actually worked!", it made me feel very clever for figuring out solutions for the problems it threw at me.

Story is goofy and together with the evolving hub and stages it had a lot of charm to it. Was just fun to be in the game. Highly recommended!

Trophies where also cool for giving an additional layer of challenge and incentives for exploration.

Downloading now!

Top Bottom